October 2, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V698000
An inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V698
Manufacturer BMW of North America, LLC
Components AIR BAGS
Potential Number of Units Affected 3,924
BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2000-2002 325i and 325xi Sedan, and 323Ci, 325Ci, and 330Ci Convertible vehicles. This recall affects certain vehicles that may have had a driver-side air bag module installed as replacement equipment such as after a vehicle crash necessitating replacement of the original air bag, or as a remedy part for a prior recall. The frontal air bag inflator may explode due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to high absolute humidity, temperature and temperature cycling.
BMW will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and, as necessary, replace the driver’s air bag module, free of charge. The recall began November 7, 2019. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417. Note: This recall is an expansion of previous recalls, numbers 17V-047 and 19V-015.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
SIB 65 20 19
RECALL CAMPAIGN 19V-698: DRIVER’S FRONT AIR BAG MODULE – PRIOR PARTS REPLACEMENT
Please perform the procedure outlined in this Service Information on all affected vehicles before customer delivery. In the event the customer has already taken delivery of the vehicle, please perform the procedure the next time the vehicle is in the shop.
|E-Series||Model Description||Production Date|
|E46||3 Series Sedan and Convertibles||June 23, 1999 – April 26, 2002|
BMW of North America, LLC is conducting a Voluntary Safety Recall (effective October 8, 2019) involving the driver’s front air bag module on a small number of Model Year 2000 through 2002 BMW 3 Series vehicles that were produced between June 23, 1999 and April 26, 2002. This recall campaign involves the Takata PSDI-4 inflator which entered the spare parts supply chain, and may have been installed in vehicles during service or repair events.
To assist you with customer concerns, please reference the attached Q&A. All customers affected by this Recall are being sent letters in November 2019.
Vehicles which require this Recall Campaign to be completed will show it as “Open” when checked either in AIR, the “Service Menu” of DCSnet (Dealer Communication System), ISPA Next or Warranty Vehicle Inquiry.
The Warranty Vehicle Inquiry system will display the comment: XXXXXXXXXX B652019 Recall: XXXXXXXXXX
Check the driver’s air bag, and if necessary, replace it.
1. Check the label on the back of the driver’s air bag.
Is the label yellow with a white number sticker with printed serial number BAM PT1-1085 (as shown on left) printed below the bar code?
YES– replace air bag
NO – the driver’s air bag is not affected.
Reinstall the driver’s air bag.
Air bags from other manufacturers (non-Takata), or Takata air bags with different chemical compositions (white label) are not affected by this recall and DO NOT need to be replaced.
Air bags from other manufacturers (non-Takata), or Takata air bags with different chemical compositions (white label) are not affected by this recall and DO NOT need to be replaced.
On vehicles with a basic steering wheel, the horn ring must be remounted to the new part.
See ATTACHMENT A
Have the new airbag module ready and remove one of the two stickers with the barcode and the serial number of the airbag module.
This must be glued on the horn ring after assembly.
Note: Before installing the replacement part, the new air bag module’s serial number must be documented by the technician on the repair order so it can also be entered into the warranty claim’s comment section.
If the serial number is missing, the warranty claim will be rejected.
Note: Only request and invoice the applicable part number specified and listed in this Service Information bulletin.
Performing a part number look-up in ETK by VIN or model will result with the wrong part(s) being invoiced and installed.
Please refer to the weekly Parts Matrix for the parts ordering procedure.
Part numbers 6877590 and 6877592 are ordered from Kem Krest.
Part number 6877591, enter a Recall IDS Ticket request.
Use only one VIN per IDS Ticket
Include photo of the yellow label on the back of the unit being replaced
|Impact Plate Airbag Sport Steering Wheel or M Sport Steering Wheel (SA0255 or SA0710)||1||32 30 6 877 590|
|Impact plate Airbag Basic steering wheel without multifunction||1||32 30 6 877 591|
|Impact Plate Airbag Basic steering wheel with multifunction (SA0249) – not for sports steering wheel or M sports steering wheel||1||32 30 6 877 592|
|Airbag unit ALPINA sport steering wheel (SA0920)||1||32 30 7 991 602|
Other small parts such as one-time use screws, nuts and seals, which must be replaced according to the ISTA repair instructions/ETK, must be selected from the Electronic Parts Catalogue according to the respective vehicle type and invoiced under the special defect code.
PARTS RETENTION AND RETURN
The parts replaced to perform and submit for this Recall repair procedure are the property of BMW NA.
Your center is responsible for the proper identification, storage and documentation of these parts. They must be held in a secure retention area until notification of claim payment is made by BMW NA through DCSnet. Upon claim payment, a DCSnet part return tag will be generated for the driver’s front air bag module with special handling instructions.
Please DO NOT return these recalled air bag modules directly to Lightning Resources or the WPRC.
Inflatable air bags are classified as dangerous goods by the Department of Transportation (DOT) and require special preparation, packing and labeling for transport.
Your center is responsible for following all rules and regulations that apply to shipping dangerous goods as described in the attachment.
A shipping procedure has been created for returning the replaced air bag modules directly to Takata. There is also a procedure available for Bulk Shipping 15 or more air bag modules at one time to Takata.
These procedures are contained in the Part Return Program Instructions and Bulk Ship PDF attachments to this bulletin; please read both of them. Effective immediately, please use the following email address when scheduling bulk shipment returns to Takata:
The parts are to be packaged in the same packaging that the new part arrived in for shipment back to Takata.
The returns pickup schedule has been changed from weekly to every two weeks (bi-weekly)
Parts returned to warranty for this recall that are not manufactured by ‘Takata’, and don’t have the YELLOW label as noted above will be debited. WHITE label Takata gas generators contain a different chemical composition and are NOT part of this recall
Reimbursement for this Recall will be via normal claim entry utilizing the following information:
Checking the Label Only:
|Work Pkg||Labor Operation||Description||Labor Allowance|
|#1||00 68 671||Checking the driver-side front air bag (No repair is necessary) (Plus work)||3 FRU|
|# 3||00 68 131||Checking the driver-side front air bag (No repair is necessary) (Main work)||3 FRU|
Checking the Label and Replacing the Air Bag:
|Work Pkg||Labor Operation||Description||Labor Allowance|
|# 2||00 68 672||Checking and replacing driver-side front air bag (Plus work)||5 FRU|
|# 4||00 68 132||Checking and replacing driver-side front air bag (Main work)||5 FRU|
Only one of the listed flat rate unit numbers above may be used for reimbursement purposes.
Claim Repair Comments for this Recall Repair
The new air bag module’s serial number must be documented on the repair order and in the claim comments section.
For the actual repair itself, only reference the SIB number and the work package (Pkg) number performed in the RO technician notes and in the claim comments (For example: B65 20 19 WP 1), unless otherwise required by State law.
Consequential Repairs (RO and Claim Comments Required)
Due to the age of some of the Takata Air Bag Recall Affected Vehicles, even though the proper repair methods are being followed and performed, additional unanticipated repairs maybe necessary as a direct result of performing Takata Air Bag Recall repair procedure. Please refer to SI B01 31 18 for important claim submission information under a separate line item and Defect Code.
Mobile Assistance – Off Site Repair (RO and Claim Comments Required)
For centers that qualify, this Recall repair is eligible to be performed and submitted as a Mobile Assistance OffSite Repair which includes an additional labor allowance.
Qualifying BMW centers are those that currently own and operate a Mobile Assistance Program vehicle. Other centers that may qualify are those who have officially registered their interest in conducting mobile service and mobile assistance work for the BMW Roadside Assistance Program.
If you have not already registered, please send an email with contact information to [email protected]
Additional information can be found in the Mobile Assistance program guide in CenterNet, it is located under the Customer Relations menu.
Claim – Labor Reimbursement
When a vehicle is eligible for this Recall repair and it is performed under this program, qualifying centers will be reimbursed for the corresponding labor operation’s published AIR flat rate unit (FRU) allowance at a of rate of 150 percent. This mobile assistance repair work is subject to the same policy and procedures that apply to the warranty repair work being performed in your workshop.
Time Control and Documentation
While repair-specific punch times are not necessary for this repair work being performed on a vehicle off-site (outside your center), the on-call technician must still punch on the corresponding repair order (electronic or manual) prior to leaving your BMW center when he or she is dispatched. The technician must punch off the repair order upon their return to your center.
In cases where the technician is out on the road for an extended period of time (for example, on multiple calls), only one on/off punch time is required.
In addition to the Takata Air Bag Recall repair order line item, please open an additional line item as describe below:
|Defect Code:||85820269TK||Takata Recall – Mobile Assistance Off-Site Repair|
|Labor Operation||Labor Allowance||Description|
|65 99 000||# FRU*||Additional labor allowance to perform off-site repair through Mobile Assistance|
*Labor Calculation Example
If the special flat rate labor for the Takata Air Bag Recall has a stated allowance of 5 FRU, applying the rate of 150 percent, this repair will be reimbursed at a total of 8 FRU (Rounded up from 7.5) as a Mobile Assistance off-site repair:
Claim the additional 3 FRU or the applicable additional FRU amount using the defect code and labor operation provided above.
Round up half flat rate units when applicable.
Identify this line time as Additional labor for a Mobile Assistance off-site repair.
Itemize the additional labor claimed and explain the repair performed on the repair order and in claim comment section.
Labor operation code 65 99 000 is not considered a Main labor operation.
Reimbursement of Prior Customer-Pay Repairs (TREAD Act)
With this Technical Campaign, a prior repair reimbursement is not likely. Typically, a customer would have their driver’s front air bag module replaced as a result of an accident. In such a case, either an insurance company or the customer themselves, paid for the replacement of the above mentioned air bag module in conjunction with the accident repairs. Such cases are not covered by this campaign and are not entitled to reimbursement.
B652019 Recall Notice
B652019 Procedure A
picture_as_pdf B652919V 19V-698_QA_2Oct2019.pdf
picture_as_pdf B652019 Recall Notice.pdf
picture_as_pdf B652019 Procedure A.pdf
SAFETY RECALL NOTICE
To: All Center Operators, Sales Managers, Service Manager, Parts Manager and Warranty Processor
RE: Delivery Stop & Recall 19V-698: Driver’s Front Air Bag Module – Prior Parts Replacement – B65 20 19
BMW of North America, LLC is conducting a Voluntary Safety Recall (effective October 8, 2019) on a small number of Model Year 2000 through 2002 BMW 3 Series vehicles that were produced between June 23, 1999 and April 26, 2002.
Please be reminded that it is a violation of federal law (The Safety Act) for you to sell, lease or deliver any new motor vehicle covered by this notification until the recall repair has been performed. This means that centers may not legally deliver new motor vehicles to consumers until they are fixed or use/sell replacement equipment/parts subject to this recall. Note also that substantial civil penalties apply to violations of the Safety Act.
Also, you should not sell, lease or deliver any Certified Pre-Owned or used vehicles subject to a safety recall until the repair is completed.
Please follow any special instructions that we provide to you for the return or disposition of recall parts.
We appreciate all your assistance with this Recall.
Q1. Which models are included in this Safety Recall Campaign?
Q2. Which inflator is affected?
This recall campaign involves the Takata PSDI-4 inflator which entered the spare parts supply chain, and may have been installed in vehicles at dealers during service visits.
Q3. What is the fix?
The driver’s front air bag module will be checked and if a Takata PSDI-4 inflator is found, it will be replaced.
Q4. How long will the repair take?
Checking the air bag takes about 30 minutes; if the driver’s front air bag module needs to be replaced, it could take approximately one hour. Additional time may be required depending upon your BMW center’s schedule. The repair will be performed free of charge by any authorized BMW center.
Q5. Are final remedy parts for the recall available?
Q6. How will I be notified of this recall?
To ensure BMW of North America, LLC has your most recent contact and vehicle information, please register your vehicle at http://www.bmwusa.com/myBMW. Registration is free of charge, and will give you access to factory initiated campaigns and other information specific to your BMW vehicle.
Q7. Do I have to wait for my letter in order to have my vehicle serviced?
No. You should make an appointment with an authorized BMW center immediately.
Q8. What options are available if it is too inconvenient for me to bring my vehicle to a BMW center for service? There are a few options to help overcome the inconvenience of bringing your vehicle in for service like mobile repair, alternate transportation, pickup/drop-off, dealer events and towing. Contact your local BMW center to check what is available.
Q9. If I had my driver’s front air bag module replaced prior, do I need to have it replaced again?
Yes. We need to check the driver’s front air bag module, and if a Takata PSDI-4 inflator is found, it will be replaced. Please contact your authorized BMW center immediately to schedule an appointment to have this important free repair performed as soon as possible.
I own a 2000-2006 BMW 3 Series that still needs to have the passenger’s front air bag replaced under recall 13V-172 or 14V-428. Can I get both air bag modules replaced at the same time?Absolutely! Your BMW center can perform both repairs in a single visit. Please let your service advisor know when you make an appointment and be sure to arrange alternate transportation if needed.
General Takata Questions
Q1. What is the specific concern?
Takata’s investigation to date indicates that exposure to certain environmental conditions (several years of exposure to persistent conditions of high absolute humidity) could lead to over-aggressive combustion in the event of air bag deployment.
Q2. What is desiccant?
Put simply, desiccant is a substance with properties that enable it to soak up water vapor from the air surrounding it.
Q3. Why are other BMW models not included?
Other vehicles have frontal air bags that were produced with different inflators.
Q4. What can happen as a result of this issue?
In a crash where air bag system deployment occurs, the air bag inflator housing may rupture. In the event of an inflator rupture, metal fragments could pass through the air bag cushion material, which may result in injury or death to vehicle occupants.
Q5. Is it possible to find out whether the problem exists in my car?
Q6. How did BMW become aware of this issue?
BMW became aware of this issue through its quality control procedures.
Q7. Can I continue to drive my vehicle?
Yes. However, please contact a authorized BMW center immediately to schedule an appointment to have this important free repair performed as soon as possible. If you are not the only driver of this vehicle, please advise all other drivers of this important information.
You can check for open recalls a few different ways. You can check for open recalls by entering your vehicle identification number (VIN) at www.bmwusa.com/recall and download a sample owner notification letter and Q&A if your VIN is affected. You can also call or visit your local BMW center’s service department to determine if your BMW is affected. Make sure to update your contact information by registering at http://www.bmwusa.com/myBMW.
Q9. What if I am not the current owner of this vehicle?
Q10. Will BMW give me a loaner vehicle when my vehicle is being serviced for this recall?
Q11. Which states are considered to be high absolute humidity areas?
Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, Saipan, South Carolina and U.S. Virgin Islands.
Q12. What determines the prioritized locations that are associated with the most at-risk vehicles – and what is the average propellant degradation time in each?
Per the NHTSA, geographic zones have been established based on the temperature fluctuations and humidity and the exposure time required under those environmental conditions to degrade the propellant to the point where it poses an unreasonable risk to safety. High Absolute Humidity (“HAH”) definitions are as follows:
|“HAH” or “A”||Time until unsafe propellant degradation is projected between 6-9 years.|
|“Non-HAH” or “Non-A”||Covers vehicles that have not been identified by the vehicle manufacturer as having been originally sold or ever registered in the HAH region. This includes Zones B and C.|
|“B”||Time until unsafe propellant degradation is projected between 10-15 years.|
|“C”||Time until unsafe propellant degradation is projected between 15-20 years.|
Q13. Am I eligible for reimbursement under the TREAD Act if I previously replaced my driver’s front air bag module?
In this particular recall, reimbursement is likely not applicable, as you would typically have replaced your frontal air bag module as a result of an accident. In that situation, most likely your insurance company paid for the repair. However, in the very unusual (unlikely) scenario that you previously paid to replace the front air bag module “out-ofpocket” upon learning of this possible defect, you may be eligible for reimbursement. Additional information is provided when BMW mails the letter asking you to make an appointment with an authorized BMW center.
Before installing the replacement part, the new air bag module’s serial number must be documented by the technician on the repair order so it can also be entered into the warranty claim’s comment section.
The safety regulations that apply when dealing with air bag modules MUST be complied with.
On vehicles with a basic steering wheel, the horn ring must be removed from the new part. To do so, proceed as follows:
1. Remove horn ring.
- Unplug the connector for the grounding cable (see the green arrow in the figure)
- Remove the nuts (see the blue mark in the figure, Torx 55).
- Take off the horn ring, making sure that the springs remain in place.
- Remove the horn contact plate.
- Separate components after disassembly:
Tightening torque: 5.0 +/- 0.2 Nm.
6. Check the horn function at all four corners.
7. Document the serial number: For reimbursement under warranty, the serial number for the new driver’s air bag module (see marking in the following figure) must be noted on the workshop order and on the warranty application. If the serial number is missing, the warranty application is rejected.
See repair instructions REP 32 34 020 “Remove and install / replace air bag units” to complete installation.
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL – Final Remedy Available
This notice applies to your vehicle,
Recall Campaign No. 19V-698: Driver’s Air Bag Module
Dear BMW Owner / Lessee:
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. BMW AG has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in certain Model Year 2000-2002 BMW 3 Series vehicles. Our records indicate that you are the owner of a vehicle in this recall.
What could happen?
In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the driver’s air bag, excessive internal pressure could cause the air bag to explode, resulting in metal fragments striking the driver or other passengers potentially resulting in serious injury or death. If you are not the only driver of this vehicle, please advise all other drivers and passengers of this important information.
What will BMW do?
Your vehicle may have received a Takata inflator if the air bag module was replaced during a prior repair. The driver air bag module will be checked and if a Takata inflator is found, it will be replaced with a final remedy part. This free repair will take approximately one hour.
There are a few options to help overcome the inconvenience of bringing your vehicle in for service like mobile repair, alternate transportation, pickup/drop-off, dealer events and towing. Contact your local BMW center to check what is available.
Please schedule an appointment to have this important free repair performed by an authorized BMW Center immediately. Visit www.bmwusa.com/dealer to locate your nearest BMW center. If you already had this repair performed at your own expense, please see the attachment regarding possible eligibility for reimbursement.
What if I am not the current owner of this vehicle?
You can update the vehicle ownership or your contact information by filling out the enclosed postage-paid card or by registering at http://www.bmwusa.com/myBMW.
If you are a vehicle lessor, Federal Regulations require you to forward this notice to your lessee within ten days.
What if I have questions or experience problems?
Should you have any questions about this recall, please contact your authorized BMW center. If you need additional assistance, contact BMW Customer Relations and Services by calling 1-800-525-7417 or via email at [email protected].
If your BMW center is unable to remedy the defect without charge or within a reasonable period of time, you may notify the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, DC 20590, call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153), or go to http://www.safercar.gov.
Please be assured that your safety is important to us and we sincerely apologize if this recall causes any inconvenience. We recommend that you and your passengers wear your seat belt at all times. Sincerely,
BMW of North America, LLC
Spanish translation on back side
Traducción en español en el lado inverso
IMPORTANTE RETIRADA POR MOTIVOS DE SEGURIDAD
Repuesto final disponible
Este aviso se aplica a su vehículo,
Campaña de retirada n.º 19V-698: Módulo de airbag del conductor
Noviembre de 2019
Estimado propietario o arrendatario de un vehículo BMW:
Le enviamos este aviso en virtud de la National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act (Ley Nacional de Seguridad de Tránsito y Vehículos). BMW AG ha determinado que algunos vehículos de los modelos de la Serie 3 de BMW, de los años 2000 a 2002, tienen un defecto relacionado con la seguridad de los vehículos motorizados. Según nuestros registros, usted es propietario de un vehículo que forma parte de esta retirada.
¿Qué podría suceder?
En caso de producirse un choque que requiriera la activación del airbag del conductor, la presión interna excesiva podría hacer explotar el airbag. Esto podría hacer que fragmentos metálicos golpearan al conductor o a otros pasajeros, lo que podría causar lesiones graves o la muerte. Si usted no es la única persona que conduce ese vehículo, comparta esta importante información con todos los demás conductores y pasajeros.
¿Qué hará BMW?
Es posible que su vehículo haya recibido un inflador Takata si se reemplazó el módulo de airbag en una reparación anterior. Se revisará el módulo de airbag del conductor y, si hay un inflador Takata, se reemplazará por una pieza de repuesto final. Esta reparación gratuita se llevará a cabo en aproximadamente una hora.
Hay algunas opciones en caso de que sea un inconveniente traer el vehículo para repararlo como, por ejemplo, reparación a domicilio, transportes alternativos, traslados de ida y vuelta, eventos de distribuidores autorizados y remolques. Comuníquese con su centro local de BMW para ver las opciones disponibles.
Programe una cita para que un centro de BMW autorizado le haga esta importante reparación gratuita de inmediato. Visite www.bmwusa.com/dealer para localizar el centro de BMW más cercano. Si ya ha hecho esta reparación por su cuenta, consulte el adjunto sobre la posible elegibilidad para recibir un reembolso.
¿Qué ocurre si no soy el propietario actual de este vehículo?
Puede actualizar la información de la titularidad del vehículo o su información de contacto completando la tarjeta con respuesta postal paga adjunta o registrándose en http://www.bmwusa.com/myBMW.
Si usted es arrendador del vehículo, las reglamentaciones federales exigen que reenvíe este aviso a su arrendatario en un plazo de diez días.
¿Qué debo hacer si tengo alguna pregunta o algún problema?
Si tiene alguna pregunta sobre esta retirada, comuníquese con el centro autorizado de BMW. Si necesita asistencia adicional, comuníquese con el BMW Customer Relations and Services (Servicio de Atención al Cliente de BMW) llamando al 1-800-525-7417 o por correo electrónico a [email protected].
Si el centro de BMW no puede resolver el defecto sin cargo o en un plazo razonable, puede notificar al administrador de la National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (Administración Nacional de Seguridad de Tránsito en Carreteras), 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, DC 20590, llamar a la Vehicle Safety Hotline (Línea gratuita directa de seguridad vehicular) al 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153) o visitar http://www.safercar.gov.
Le garantizamos que nos importa su seguridad y le pedimos sinceras disculpas si esta retirada le causa algún inconveniente. Recomendamos que usted y sus pasajeros utilicen el cinturón de seguridad en todo momento.
BMW of North America, LLC
English version on front side
Versión en inglés en el frente
9 Affected Products
10 Associated Documents
Recall 573 Report – change to defect description
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-4
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2020-1
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Defect Notice 573 Report
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Recall 573 Report – Amendment 1
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2020-2
Latest Recalls Documents
1 Associated Investigation
The Office of Defects Investigation (ODI) opened PE14-016 in June 2014 based on six inflator rupture incidents involving consumer owned vehicles produced by five vehicle manufacturers. All six vehicles were operated in Florida or Puerto Rico at the time of the rupture and for the majority of their service life, and were equipped with inflators produced by Takata, a tier-one supplier of automotive air bag systems.
During the course of PE14-016, ODI determined that five additional vehicle manufacturers used inflators of a similar design and vintage also supplied by Takata. No evidence of field failures was found in vehicles produced by these five additional manufacturers. Nonetheless, at ODI’s insistence, all 10 vehicle manufacturers initiated a regional recall within approximately two weeks of the opening of the investigation. The regions recalled initially included Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, areas with high absolute humidity and climatic conditions believed to be a significant factor in the inflator ruptures. As part of the recall actions, inflators removed from remedied vehicles are to be returned to Takata for testing.
Takata’s initial test results on passenger inflators from remedied vehicles indicated a much higher than anticipated rupture frequency for inflators returned from Florida. Accordingly ODI requested all 10 manufacturers expand the regional recalls for passenger inflators to include other geographic areas where high absolute humidity conditions exist, including the Gulf States and other coastal areas. Takata’s testing of the passenger inflators to date continues to indicate this geographic area as having the highest risk, with no ruptures occurring from inflators returned from outside the expanded recall regions. During PE14-016 four additional passenger inflator field events occurred, all in vehicles from the same expanded geographic region.
Also during PE14-016 four additional driver inflator field events occurred including two in vehicles from regions not known for high absolute humidity, specifically California and North Carolina. Accordingly, ODI requested all five of the affected vehicle manufacturers currently using the subject Takata driver inflators expand to nationwide recalls. Significantly, neither of the affected vehicle manufacturers or Takata provided any explanation to account for these two driver air bag inflator ruptures outside the area of high absolute humidity. Takata testing of returned driver inflators indicates a lower rupture frequency as compared to passenger inflator testing. All test ruptures reported by Takata to date have occurred on inflators returned from high absolute humidity areas.
The investigation now includes all manufacturers and vehicles known to be affected at this time. ODI’s investigation will focus on, among other things, root cause analysis, other potential defect consequences, identification of affected vehicles scope, and adequacy of the remedy.
The five ODI reports cited above can be reviewed online at http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchNHTSAID under the following identification numbers: 10537899, 10568848, 10585224, 10605877, 10651492
- 🚩2022 New Elite Version🚩Same Function As LAUNCH CRP123E 🚩Lifetime Free Update🚩5 YEARs Warranty 🚩Conact seller to get Free Gift 🚩Fast delivery by Amazon
- 🎁【Great Gift Idea For Every Car Owner】: Prefect choice for your father, husband, brother or boyfriend. EVERY CAR OWNER WILL NEED IT! It comes with high-quality host with a strong box. Get LAUNCH CRP123 Elite car diagnostic scanner and give your lover a surprise!
- 🚗【 Read & Clear/Reset Engine/ABS/SRS/Transmission Diagnostic Scan Tool 】LAUNCH CRP123 OBD2 Scanner can test Engine, Transmission, ABS and Airbag four systems, also reads and resets code, displays data stream graphic, stores and playbacks dynamic data stream,helps to quick analysis and diagnosis.
- 🚗【 Error Fault Code Reader 】Except the full 10 modes OBD2 diagnostic functions like, retrieving I/M readiness, Freeze Frame Data, Read Dynamic Data stream and Vehicle Information, O2 Sensor Test, EVAP Test of Fuel Tank System (Mode 8) and Advanced On-board Monitoring (Mode 6), launch crp123 obd2 scanner can not only reveal what error codes your car is producing, but also erase your vehicle’s check engine light after problem fixed, the DTC help and explanation also tell you the exact problem.
- 🚗【 Live Data Graphing + Read/Record/Playback Data stream + Print diagnostic data 】※Live Data Graphing ,more intuitive to know your vehicle’s problem . ※ Large size Color Screen ;※ Print Function:Print the diagnose result easily; ※ with user manual and register & update tutorial video uploaded in the link by us, you can Look up it anytime by ONE-CLICK.
- 🥇【WORTH EVERY PENNY】 Comprehensive Foxwell scanner which you can not find under USD 200. 1️⃣As a Bidirectional Scan Tool: Activate and commend ABS/ Airbag component; 2️⃣As a Reset Tool: Clear ABS VSA SAS SRS Airbag Light/Codes + Calibrate SAS after maintenance; 3️⃣As a Code Readers & Scan Tools: All functions of ABS/VSA/SRS/Airbag system + Diagnose SAS faults & powerful obd2 scanners. 👉TIPS: This abs scan tool can not remove airbag crash data or collision data. NOT support coding function.
- 🎃【ABS BLEED SCAN TOOL】Foxwell NT630 Plus obd2 scanner with abs auto bleed function is a valuable tool with the price in the market. 👉Note: Only works on the vehicles that support auto abs bleeding. The air will get inside when replace components such as calipers, wheel cylinders, the master cylinder, brake lines or hoses. This abs auto bleed scan tool will help bleed the brake, cycling the pump and valves to get a firm brake pedal and keep a safety driving on the road.
- 👍【BIDIRECTIONAL SCAN TOOL FOR ABS SRS AIRBAG】Saving you thousands of repair fee from dealship. The abs code reader scan tool allows you to control the ABS/Airbag system and components to test which part was bad, including Auto Bleed Test/ Setup SDM Serial Number/ ABS Manual Control Tests/ ABS Motor Test/ ABS Version Test/ Actuator Tests, etc. To make sure the abs scanner tool will run more smoothly, please confirm if the NT630 plus will cover your vehicle before purchase via Amazon messages.
- 🚦【ALL FUNCTIONS FOR ABS VSA SRS AIRBAG】Do more not just read/clear codes like other scan tools do. The obd2 scanner abs airbag code reader is designed for solving issues when the warning light(MIL) was on. Diagnoses all modules, pin-points the problem down and tells you which sensor was bad that caused the problem, no need to replace one by one. NT630 plus will reset/calibrate the new sensor after replacement. Finally turning off the warning lights and keeping all to running well.
- 🌈【STEERING ANGLE SENSOR SAS CALIBRATION】 This Foxwell obd2 scanner lets you perform calibration of the steering angle sensor, which permanently stores the current steering wheel position as straight-ahead in the sensor EEPROM. On successful calibration of the sensor, its fault memory is automatically cleared.
- 🔥🔥【8 Reset Service Car Scanner 】TOPDON obd2 scanner AD600S is the upgrade version of TOPDON AD600, AD500 and AD500S.This diagnostic scan tool Adds 3 more commonly used reset function.✅Except for OIL RESET, BRAKE RESET, TPMS RESET, Throttle Adaptation, SAS RESET, ✅it add the BMS RESET, ABS BLEEDING, DPF RESET, ✅more practical reset functions than TOPDON AD600 and AD500S. For the cost you’re getting value from this handy car scanner to reset systems. *Function menu varies by vehicle’s specifics.
- 【2022 New, 4 Systems Diagnostic Tool】This is an OBDII scanner and 4 systems diagnostic tool made for home mechanics, DIYers, and professionals. You can access AT/ENG/ABS/SRS fault codes to find the right troubleshooting procedure, and diagnose with full 10 OBD2 test modes to fix most of emission issues. Give your aging cars satisfying routine maintenance to avoid costly repairs, a breakdown, or even a crash.*DOESN'T WORK WITH 5G.
- 【No extra software fee + One-click Lifetime Free Updates】The touch-sensitive screen on this scan tool makes operation much easier than the simple button-based OBD2 code readers. The icons are clear and its 5” color screen with high resolution will leave you with no trouble interpreting results in a dark garage. One-click lifetime updates over Wi-Fi will keep the software current and the coverage addition constant. Android 6.0 ensures lightning-fast bootup and processing.
- 【Powerful Compatibility + Work on 90 Vehicle Brands】Most OBD2 scanners work with vehicles manufactured after 2001, but TOPDON ArtiDiag600S compatible with OBDII-equipped vehicles built after 1996, and it works on more than 90 Vehicle Brands.It supports Diesel (12v only), gasoline, 12V passenger car, pickup, light-duty truck, SUV, minivans, compatible with OBD2/EOBD/JOBD&CAN protocols.*Menus vary by make, model, and year of gasoline or diesel engine vehicle. Email us your VIN data.
- 【Versatile Scan Tool+AUTO VIN+DTC Lookup】This OBD2 scanner has automatic VIN technology to identify the car without manual input. Live data display in text or 4-in-1 merged waveform graph, you can save, share, print, or email the overall inspection report for easier analysis. Inbuilt “Feedback” module provides customized repair suggestions from our certified professionals. Onboard DTC library saves your Google searching time when interpreting the error codes. AutoVIN doesn’t work on ALL cars.
- 🎁【FREE TPMS ACTIVATION TOOL FOR GM'S CARS】: Just click "Extra Savings" under price and add both to your cart to get a FREE TPMS activation Tool which works for GM cars.
- 👍2022 NEW ELITE VERSION OF LAUNCH CRP129E: 4 system diagnostics & 5 reset functions & 10 obdii modes + Health Report Generation-Launch crp129e scan tool reset ENG/SAS/ABS/AT systems,5 most used special reset capabilities (Steering Angle Calibration (SAS), Electronic Parking Brake (EPB), Oil Lamp Reset,TPMS, Throttle Position Reset). you can also generate a vehicle health report by one-click and share to your email via Wifi which can help avoid blind maintenance, offer solution.
- 💯 4 IN 1 LIVE DATA & DATA RECORD & PLAYBACK: 4 in1 graphing parameter for 4 main systems. ➤ Auto-VIN for quick and accurate identification.➤Graphing Live data and the instantaneous voltage across the battery terminals. ➤Auto record diagnostic data, recorded data can be played back in text format and graph format. ➤Diagnostic Record in 4 ways:1)Graph2)Combine3)Value4)Frame Playback➤Print diagnostic report which can read hidden problem make early warning.
- 🆚UPGRADED VERSION OF CRP123(E): ➤1)5 inch bigger touch screen 2) 6100mAh faster charge battery 3) One-Click WIFI Update allow you use the newest software all time free 4) Graphing the instantaneous voltage across the battery terminals. 5) Print diagnostic report which can read hidden problem make early warning. 6) Google search DTC definition online. 7) AutoVIN scan. 8) one to one diagnostic feedback from Launch Tech.9) Share & Print healthy report.
- 💌LIFETIME FREE UPDATE & ONLINE TECH SUPPORT: One-click WiFi free updates on internet for lifetime ➤ 5 years warranty for quality issue for Launch crp129e from Launch Tech.➤ Lifetime help online with multilingual support: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, etc.,Lifetime help online and 5 years warranty,60 days no reason return and replacement. Ask Q&A on this page or email seller, you will get help within 12 hours.
- 🎁【Great Gift Idea】: Top present choice for your father, husband, brother or boyfriend.EVERY CAR OWNER WILL NEED IT! It comes with protective case with rugged and handy design.Get NT604 Elite car code reader and give your lover a surprise!
- 🔔【Easy to Use--Work out of box】+【FOXWELL 2022 New Version】 FOXWELL NT604 Elite scan tool is the 2022 new version from FOXWELL, which is designed for those car owners who want to figure out the cause issue before fixing the car problem via scanning the most common systems like abs srs engine and transmission.The NT604 Elite diagnostic tool comes with latest software, which can be used out of box. No need to waste time to download the software first.
- 🍎【Affordable】+【Reliable Car Health Monitor】 Will you be confused what happen when the warning light of abs/srs/transmission/check engine flashes? Instead of taking your cars to dealership, this foxwell scanner will help you do a thorough scanning and detection for your lovely cars and pinpoint the problem for you, which saves time and money for you. It will turn off the warning light for you after you fix the problem, making you to know more about your cars and do your own repair.
- 🥑【2 in 1 Diagnostic Scanner】Compared with those auto scanners (50-100 USD), NT604 Elite code scanner not only includes their OBDII diagnosis but also it can be an abs/srs scanner, transmission and check engine code reader. When it’s an odb2 scanner, you can use it to check if your car is ready for annual emission test through I/M readiness menu. In addition, live data stream, built-in DTC library, data play back and print, all these features are a big plus for it.
- 🍓【Fantastic AUTOVIN】+【No extra software fee】Through the AUTOVIN menu, this NT604 Elite car scanner allows you to get your VIN and vehicle info rapidly, no need to take time to find your VIN and input one by one. What's more, the NT604 Elite abs srs scanner supports 60+ car makes from worldwide (America/Asia/Europe). You don’t need to pay extra software fee.
- 🎁【Great Gift Idea for Father's Day, Free TPMS Activation Tool】: Just click "Extra Savings" under price and add both to your cart to get a FREE TPMS Activation Tool which works for GM cars. 🎁【Great Gift Idea】: A top present choice for your father, husband, brother, or boyfriend. It comes with a high-quality host with a strong box. 2022 LAUNCH CRP123X scanner for all cars holds 4x faster & stronger processing speed and communication than the 2021 version
- 👍[NEW CHIPS, NEW FEATURE; Upgraded Of FOXWELL Car Scanner NT604 Elite/ANCEL FX2000/Creader VII+]: Launch CRP123X OBD2 scanner is the 2022 new version from LAUNCH; added new functions like 💡 lifetime free updating fixing bugs, get new car models 💡 Free Battery Voltage Test, Online Feedback, Online Google Search, Auto VIN. 💡NEW CHIPS, Fast 7.0 Android, 16GB Memory, 5" touch HD screen,6100mAh Rechargeable Battery. 💡5-Year Warranty, 60 days unconditional return!
- 🔥[Lifetime Free Update, No Extra Software Fee& Over 100000+ Vehicle Models]: Launch CRP123X with 2022 newer data & functions, and software.LAUNCH car tool for 1996-2022 common vehicles in Asian, European, American, Indian, and more car brands. Such as passenger cars, SUVs, minivans,12V light-duty trucks, etc. 👍FREE updates, NO extra fee for the software, always have the latest bug fixes, new vehicles, newly added parameters, and functionality at your fingertips, SAVE AT LEAST $2000 PER YEAR.
- 🔔【4 in 1 Car Health Monitor】+【Auto VIN Smart Diagnostic】Launch obd2 scanner diagnostic tool CRP123X to figure out the cause issue before fixing the car problem by scanning the most common systems, It will turn off the warning light for you after fix the problem, make to know more about your cars and do your own repair. 🎁AUTO VIN technology can identify vehicle make, model, and year info,lets you to get your vehicle info rapidly during the diagnosis. (Some models need to type it in manually.)
- 🎉[Real-time Diagnostic Data, Live Data Stream In Graphic]: LAUNCH diagnostic scanner for all vehicles, shows you real-time data (temperature, speed, circle and etc) in text & graph formats for analysis and troubleshooting. Launch code reader Merge & Multi-graph live data displays（merge 4 PIDs in one), making problem-solving clearer. Vehicle Health Report can be recorded for further analysis and can be shared by email and then print on a computer.
- 👍【2022 UPGRADED CAR SCANNER WITH 5 RESET SERVICES】Comprehensive, accurate, and fast. Much more than a basic OBD2 code reader’s capability. 🤙The large 5” color screen presents quality results quickly and straightforwardly. This TOPDON 2022 newly-released diagnostic tool is equipped with 5 common used reset functions including oil reset, BMS reset, ABS bleeding, DPF reset, throttle adaptation. **The function list is related to vehicle’s make, model, and year.
- 👍【4 SYSTEMS DIAGNOSIS + AUTOMATIC AUTOVIN SCAN】This car scanner carries out essential diagnoses that any mechanics and car owners can rely on. It includes the ABS/SRS/Engine/Transmission diagnostics to troubleshoot underlying safety issues for 90 car manufacturers; this obd2 scanner shows quick and accurate vehicle identification via auto VIN scan, helping you pinpoint the cause issue by reading codes, freeze frame and real-time live data.
- 👍【FULL OBD2 COMPLIANCY + DATA RECORD & PLAYBACK】Full OBD2 tests help fix emission-related problems common in cars running for over 3 years. You can easily view diagnostic results with the automatic inspection report recorded, played back, and printed via PC. Up to 4 data streams can be merged in a graphic to display a clear comparison. Any confusing codes triggered? Look up what they mean right on the DTC Library or try Online Feedback to network with our experts.
- 👍【GREAT COMPATIBILITY + ONE-CLICK UPDATE LATEST SOFTWARE】One-click WiFi free updates on the internet for lifetime allows you to get the latest bug fixes, new vehicles, newly added parameters, and functionality. 🤙Extensive vehicle coverage includes 90 vehicle makers, works on most vehicles after 1996 and up to 2020. It supports Diesel (12v only), 12V passenger car, pickup, and light-duty truck, SUV, gasoline, minivans, compatible with OBD2/EOBD/JOBD&CAN protocols. **DOESN'T WORK WITH 5G.
- 🚩【GREAT AFTER-SALE SERVICE PACKAGE】You can expect 60 days unconditional return & 100% original replacement policy; 🤙12 months product quality backup; and dedicated 24/7 technical assistance. 🤙The free-for-lifetime update ensures the vehicle coverage continues to grow at no extra cost. 🤙This OBD2 scanner has 9 languages compatible menu: EN/FR/ES/DE/IT/RU/PT/JP/KR. What’s in the package: 1*ArtiDiag500S, 1*5V DC charging cable, 1*quick start guide, 1*user's manual
- 【Check Engine Light】The obd2 scanner 6100P shows fault codes with DTC Severity and quickly reveals the cause of "Check Engine" light warnings(MIL). One-press hot key to turn off check engine light after vehicle maintenance. Live data displays plenty of vehicle data present, such as engine coolant temperature, fuel injector pulse width(fuel trim), RPM, spark timing, etc.
- 【ABS & SRS & Transmission 】In addition to emission-related OBD II codes,The abs srs obd2 scanner works well on reading/erasing ABS & SRS and Transmission codes for popular US Car Makes such as Ford, Chevy, Dodge, GM, etc. when the Traction light is constantly on. The ability to really detect where the problem is concerning brakes and airbags enables you to make sure all safety measures in place before putting yourself in harm's way.
- 【Oil Light Reset+Oil Level/Oil Life】The Oil Reset feature provides step-by-step reset procedures after an oil change for most 1996 and newer OBD2 vehicles. The free stepwise guide which 6100P scan tool provides as regards oil change reset and drive cycle procedures may be a major relieve for beginners. This abs code reader can also monitor your oil level and its service life.
- 【Battery Test & Alternator Test】The Innova code reader can be used to check the performance of the battery or alternator for your hybrid, car, SUV, minivan, or light truck diesel as well. During rough winters and scorching summers, this diagnostic tool will be invaluable when trying to root out start-up issues.
- 【Code Severity Levels】With Code Severity Levels function of This Innova Scan Tool, you can quickly identify if your vehicle needs an immediate fix or if it can wait until you get home to fix it yourself,You don't need to worry about the warning lights on again. And we are glad to tell that Innova 6100P has been selected to "Amazon's Highly recommended products" as "Highly rated OBDII Scanners" 🙂
- 🎁【Free TPMS Activation Tool】: Just click "Extra Savings" under price and add both to your cart to get a FREE TPMS Activation Tool which works for GM cars. Limited quantity. First come, first served. 🎁【Great Gift Idea】: A top present choice for your father, husband, brother or boyfriend. EVERY CAR OWNER WILL NEED IT! Get LAUNCH CRP129X obd2 scanner and give your lover a surprise!
- 【2022 Upgraded Version】+【No extra software fee】LAUNCH CRP129X obd2 scanner is upgraded of launch scanner crp129 crp123x, creader vii+: 5 more practical reset functions (Oil/EPB/SAS/TPMS Reset, Throttle Matching) than LAUNCH CRP123X scan tool; Most used 4 system diagnoses (ABS/SRS/ENGINE/AT); Equipped with higher hardware: large 5" touch HD screen, Fast 7.0 Android, 16G RAM, 6100mah BAT, to give you better user experience; Lifetime free update & 5 Years warranty.
- 【Cost-effective: 5 Service Functions】+【Print Diagnostic Report】LAUNCH CRP129X obd2 scanner for car offers 5 OE-level services to give you more repair solutions: Oil Reset, Steering Angle Calibration, Electronic Parking Brake, TPMS Reset, Throttle Adaptation. Auto VIN scan can identify car make, model, and year info to shorten the navigation process. You can generate a vehicle health report by one-click and share to your mechanic friend to help you analyse problems to avoid blind maintenance!
- 【3 in 1 Diagnostic Scan Tool】+【Live Data Stream In Graphic】LAUNCH CRP129X car diagnostic scanner is not only a diagnostic scanner providing oe-level services, but also an ABS SRS scan tool, transmission and check engine code reader. When it’s an odb2 scanner, you can use it to check if your car is ready for annual emission test through I/M readiness menu. In addition, live data stream, built-in DTC library, data play back and print, all these features are a big plus for it.
- 【Work out of Box】+【Wide Vehicle Coverage】 LAUNCH CRP129X diagnostic scanner for all cars comes with latest software, which can be used out of box. No need to waste time to download the software first. This scan tool supports one-click update via Wi-Fi which can fix some bugs, and update new make up to 2021 models. It works on 60+ car brands, covering OBD2/EOBD/JOBD vehicle mostly manufactured after 1996. It also helps to judge the state of the battery via real-time battery voltage graphing.
- 【Free TPMS Activation Tool】: Just click "Extra Savings" under price and add both to your cart to get a FREE TPMS Activation Tool which works for GM cars. Best choice for Father's Day gift, first come first served.
- 【One-Click Quick WIFI Update】Launch crp129e code reader built with large 5" touch HD screen, WIFI Update, make you can use the newest software all time free, battery voltage test, 6100mAh rechargeable battery, Auto VIN Scan, automatic generate vehicle health report diagnostic report, data print via email share, google search DTC online.
- 【FOUR SYSTEMS DIAGNOSTIC + LIVE DATA IN GRAPHING + DATA RECORD AND PLAYBACK】: Launch crp129e diagnostic tool read and reset Engine, Transmission, ABS and SRS systems, turn off the warning light related. Live data in graphing, record the live data stream for up to 10, simultaneous, PID's. Auto record diagnostic data, recorded data can be played back in text format and graph format. Playback supports two graphs (independent) or 4 PID's graphed.
- 【5 RESET SERVICE + BATTERY VOLTAGE TEST + FULL OBD2 MODES TEST +HEALTH REPORT PRINT】: This scan tool can do Oil Reset, Steering Angle Calibration, Electronic Parking Brake,TPMS Reset, Throttle Position Reset, performs real-time battery monitoring/graphing . Reset DTC, I/M Readiness Status,O2 Sensor Test, EVAP Test etc. ALL diagnostic data can be record and generate to diagnostic report which can be shared to email then print on computer.
- 【LIFETIME FREE ONLINE UPDATE + WORKS ON 57 VEHICLE BRANDS + 10 LANGUAGES SUPPORTED】: Launch crp129e diagnostic scan tool works on most vehicles after 1996 compliant with OBD2 protocols , more than 57 brands and over 10000+ cars, muti languages support English, French, Spanish, German, Korean, Japanese, Portuguese, Italian, Traditional Chinese, Russian. Launch crp129e code reader support lifetime free update online by connecting wifi, it keep you can use the newest software all the time.
Last update on 2022-07-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.