|E-Series||Model Description||Production Date|
|G01||X3 xDrive30e Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV)||February 22 – September 17, 2020|
|G05||X5 xDrive45e SAV||June 6 – September 16, 2020|
|G20||330e, 330e xDrive Sedan||March 5 – September 15, 2020|
|G12||745e xDrive Sedan||March 5 – September 15, 2020|
|G30||530e, 530e xDrive Sedan||March 4 – September 17, 2020|
Some of the vehicles listed above which were initially identified as requiring Recall Campaign 20V-601 HIGH VOLTAGE BATTERY to be performed and completed are now no longer included in this Recall.
These customers have been notified by mail that their vehicles are non-affected, and are no longer included in Recall Campaign 20V-601. Please refer to the attachment B612420_Customer_Letter_Final
Therefore, these vehicles’ high-voltage batteries are not prone to the short-circuit situation described in the previous Recall announcement that was sent to them. Customers can safety resume normal operation and full recharging of their vehicles.
After additional in-depth research and analysis of the corresponding data for these vehicles, we can safely conclude that the issue identified in Recall Campaign 20V-601 has been satisfied and no further repair is required.
This Recall Campaign is listed as “Closed” when checked either in AIR, the “Service Menu” of DCSnet (Dealer Communication System), ISPA Next or the Warranty Vehicle Inquiry.
However, these customers will still have the option to bring their vehicle to your center to have the Special Service Action – High-Voltage Battery Condition Verification procedure described in this bulletin. This is a one time courtesy procedure to confirm the condition of their high-voltage battery as noted above.
Customers have been informed of the following in their second mailing:
Their authorized BMW center will still verify the condition of their vehicle’s high-voltage battery during the next scheduled service visit or earlier if they prefer.
High-Voltage (HV) Battery Condition Verification
A procedure has been developed to verify the condition of the High-Voltage Battery on those vehicles that are no longer included in Recall Campaign 20V-601.
The one-time HV Battery Condition Verification procedure includes the following:
- The vehicle and its high-voltage battery will be inspected and diagnosed
- The corresponding data will be downloaded and analyzed to re-verify the condition of the vehicle’s high-voltage battery
- Customer will be informed of the outcome of these tests
When the following item shows open in the DCSnet Warranty Vehicle Inquiry (See below for additional instructions):
Perform the following:
1. Connect the vehicle to ISTA diagnosis and carry out a vehicle test.
2. Submit FASTA data for the completed vehicle test.
3. Submit a TSARA – High-Voltage TC (TeileClearing) case.
4. Title the TC case High-voltage Battery Condition Verification.
5. TC will analyze the collected data to re-verify the high-voltage battery’s condition.
6. TC will respond by providing further recommendations, if applicable, and an explanation of high-voltage battery module’s current cell conditions.
Note: Unfortunately, this Service Action will NOT show open in AIR.
This action requires special handing in our system, as a result, additional time may be needed to close this Open Campaign after the corresponding claim has been submitted and accepted. Prior to performing this repair on a vehicle, please also review the Repair History (Claims) section in the DCSnet Warranty Vehicle Inquiry to confirm a prior claim submission with DC 85 80 01 09 NA has not already been submitted.
<First Name> <Last Name>
<Street Address 1> <Street Address 2>
<City>, <State> <ZIP>
Dear <(Prefix> <Customer Name>,
As we previously wrote to you, the above-referenced vehicle was recently affected by a recall concerning the high-voltage battery. As the safety of our customers is our priority, we directed you to immediately stop charging your vehicle as a precaution.
Recalls of this nature are swiftly communicated to all potentially affected customers, and we recognize this was an unexpected inconvenience.
Based on extensive technical analysis, BMW is pleased to let you know that we’ve determined that your vehicle’s battery is not prone to a shorted circuit. You can safely resume charging the vehicle in addition to using all driving modes.
The service team at your authorized BMW center would be happy to verify the condition of the high-voltage battery during your next scheduled visit or earlier if you prefer.
Should you have any questions, a Customer Relations and Services associate will be glad to assist you. You can reach us at this specially dedicated number: 1-855-269-3361.
Thank you for choosing BMW.
Customer Relations and Services BMW of North America, LLC
Remedy Instructions and TSB – TSB re SPECIAL SERVICE ACTION: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY CONDITION VERIFICATION (20V-601)
Latest Recalls Documents
- High-Speed Charging: When compared to the stock 8A level 1 charger, MEGEAR Skysword Ⅱ EV Charger is 3 times as fast, leaving you with more time to get back on the road in your EV.
- Reliability to the fullest: Our smart-chip detection system in MEGEAR Skysword Ⅱ electric vehicle charger can detect all aspects of the charging progress, including overheating, current overflow, power surge, low voltage, power overload, leakage to ensure safety and protection.
- Compatible with all EVs: MEGEAR Skysword Ⅱ ev charging station is compatible to all SAE J1772 standard electric vehicles and Tesla models (via SAE J1772 Charging Adapter).
- LED indicator: Indicator on the back of MEGEAR Skysword Ⅱ portable EV Charger displays charging progress and errors.
- Warranty Information: All products come with a 1-year Limited warranty and Life-time technical support.
- Level 2, 240 volt electric vehicle (EV) charging station charges any EV up to 9X faster than a normal wall outlet, with flexible amperage settings up to 50 amps (16/24/32/40/48/50 Amp) and plug-in or hardwired installation. Use the ChargePoint app to pick the right amperage for your home after installation.
- Works with all electric cars, tested on leading EV models: Chevrolet Volt and Bolt EV, Hyundai Kona and Ioniq, Kia NIRO, Nissan LEAF, Tesla models, Toyota Prius Prime, BMW i3, Honda Clarity, Chrysler Pacifica, Jaguar I-PACE, and many more
- Charge faster and smarter with the Charge Point app. Set a schedule to only charge when electricity is cheapest, set reminders so you never forget to plug in, use Alexa voice control, and see all your Charge Point charging data in one place
- Safe and reliable, with a 3-year backed by 24/7 customer support from a company dedicated to EV charging for 10+ years. UL listed for electrical safety, ENERGY STAR certified for efficiency.
- Easy for any electrician to install indoors or out. Plug-in installation with NEMA 6-50 or 14-50 outlet (14-50 currently selected) requires circuits rated 40A or 50A. For other circuit ratings, including 60A-80A for 48A-50A charging, the plug is easily removed for hardwired installation. Select the amperage that works best for you and your home, helping to avoid electrical upgrades.
- INSTALL WITH CONFIDENCE: Formerly ClipperCreek, the core technology that comes inside every Enphase EV charger has earned its award-winning reputation by delivering industry-leading durability and reliability. Now they're made even better with a 5-year limited manufacturer warranty and 24/7 customer support. This HCS-80 hardwired home EV charger comes fully assembled and offers quick installation to a dedicated 80 Amp circuit with any licensed electrician.
- SAFETY-CERTIFIED AND ALL-WEATHER: Enphase level 2 EV chargers are safety certified by ETL, an Independent Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory, to UL 2594 standards and are ENERGY STAR certified. Designed in California as commercial car charging stations, they are built tough to withstand high-traffic use and a wide range of temperatures. They also include fully sealed outdoor ready NEMA 4 enclosures to keep internal components dry and the elements out.
- FAST CHARGING: Enjoy up to 12x faster charging than the level 1 electric vehicle charger that your EV came with. With this HCS-80 hardwired 240V 64 Amp level 2 charger you get 15.4kW of power or up to 61 miles per hour of charging, ensuring your EV is ready to go after a night's charge. (The HCS-80 requires a minimum 80 Amp dedicated circuit and the miles per hour charge rate will vary depending on your EV's make and model.)
- DESIGNED FOR YOUR MAKE & MODEL: Enphase electric car chargers are compatible with all plug-in EV's sold in the USA, but the HCS-80 is best for vehicles with acceptance rates up to 15.4kW like the Cadillac Lyriq, Ford F150 Lightning Ext, Lucid Air Dream, Tesla Model S 90D and 100. They qualify for state and federal rebates so you can even get money back by doing your electric car charging at home.
- INCLUDES EVERYTHING YOU NEED: With a rugged and flexible 25 foot long cable with J1772 connector, you can charge your plug-in on the other side of the garage or in the driveway. With a physical manual, you can reference information easily pre or post install. And the integrated cable wrap and wall mounted holster ensure you can neatly stow away your charger after use.
- FAST CHARGING SPEEDS: The MUSTART 40A level 2 EV charger which is more sturdy, contains more sensitive chips, higher protection level and better abrasion resistance, can charge your car up to 2.5X faster than the 16A level 2 EV charger. It is 5X faster than the 16A level 1 EV charger that most electric vehicles come with. (The actual working current it depends on your vehicle setting).
- SUPER COMPATIBLE: Works with most electric vehicles in the United States , the EVSE is compatible with all plug-in EVs. *Tesla requires a SAE J1772 adapter.
- Well-trusted Quality: Strictly pass UL-2594, ETL certificated. Lightening-proof, leakage, over-voltage, overheat and over-current protection. Whenever your Mustart EV chargers have any problem or anything simply not meeting your needs, please contact us. We provide a two-year warranty of our products from the date of your original order in our store.
- CONVENIENT: Compact size with a total 25 feet charging cable for flexible installation and usability. All you need is just a 220 Volt or 240 Volt NEMA14-50 outlet to plug the charger into.
- HIGH QUALITY: This portable charging station is made to last with durability and reliability. It is lightening-proof and has leakage, overvoltage, overheat and overcurrent protection, so you can safely charge your vehicle.
- PORTABLE FAST HOME CHARGING - 26 ft 24 Amp EV Charger, the FASTEST allowable rate for National Electric Code (NEC)-approved 30 Amp circuit, charge confidently with all-weather IP55 rated enclosure
- NO INSTALLATION REQUIRED - Plug directly into your existing standard household 220-240V NEMA 14-30 outlet, dryer socket or Splitvolt Splitter Switch (sold separately)
- REAL TIME CHARGING STATUS - Take a quick glance to view the charging status with built in LED's: Power, Charge, Fault 1, and Fault 2
- SAFE UNIVERSAL CHARGING - Compatible with common Electric Vehicles available in North America with a SAE J1772 socket; includes a 1 year warranty
- EMPOWERING ELECTRIC VEHICLE ADOPTION (TM) – At Splitvolt, our mission is to provide compelling solutions and products that further simplify the process and costs of owning an electric vehicle - we also offer high performance extension cables, adapters and the award winning Splitter Switch for convenient and flexible access to your existing power sources
- 3x Faster Charging Speeds : The Duosida Level 2 Car Charger charges your car up to 3x faster than your standard Level 1 charger . Comes with instruction booklet.
- Universal Vehicle Compatibility : Compatible with All EV Cars
- 25 ft. long charge cord with 16 amp , 220v NEMA 6-20p plug.
- Free 110v standard outlet adapter for level 1 charging.
- The charger comes with a 2-year warranty , so please feel free to contact us.
- FAST CHARGING: MUSTART 40A level 2 EV charger is 10x faster than level 1 EV chargers that comes with most electric cars. You can get around 30 mile per hour with MUSTART 40A level 2 EV charger(The actual working current depends on your vehicle settings).
- EXCELLENT PROTECTION: IP66 rating for charging box and IP67 rating for EV connector.(Please keep the charging box and plug away from the rain directly when using outdoor). MUSTART EV charger has safety protection functions including lightning protection, overvoltage, overheating, and overcurrent protection. It will automatically stop charging when it is too hot, and will automatically recharge when it cool down, protecting your charging safety.
- EASY INSTALLATION: The total length of the charging cable is 25 feet, enables flexible installation and usability. You only need a NEMA 14-50 outlet to plug it in without any hardwire confusion. The LCD screen design shows every detail you need during charging, including the real-time current and voltage, charging amount and time.
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY: Equipped with a SAE J1772 EV connector, it is suitable for most electric vehicles and plug-in hybrid cars in US. Perfect for users who own more than one electric vehicle at home.
- The MUSTART EV charger has undergone rigorous testing and comes with a 2-year barrier-free warranty. If you have any questions about our products, please contact us, and our team will get back to you within 24 hours.
- Level 2, 32 Amp, electric vehicle (EV) charging station, charges faster than the standard charger that came with your EV.
- Compact design to install inside or outside with a long-reach 25ft cable
- Compatible with all plug-in vehicle, including Teslas with a J1772 adapter (sold separately)
- Stylishly designed and simple to use without requiring an application to run it or home network connection to use it.
- Leitman, Seth (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 416 Pages - 02/19/2013 (Publication Date) - McGraw Hill TAB (Publisher)
- Start Dead Batteries - Safely jump start a dead battery in seconds with this compact, yet powerful, 1000-amp portable lithium car battery jump starter pack - up to 20 jump starts on a single charge - and rated for gasoline engines up to 6 liters and diesel engines up to 3 liters.
- UltraSafe - Safe and easy to use car battery jump starter pack without the worry of incorrect connections or sparks. Safely connect to any 12-volt automotive car battery with our mistake-proof design featuring spark-proof technology and reverse polarity protection.
- Multi-Function - It's a car jump starter, portable power bank, and LED flashlight. Recharge smartphones, tablets, and other USB devices. It's easily rechargeable from any powered USB port in 3 hours at 2.1-amps. Plus, an integrated 100-lumen LED flashlight with seven light modes, including emergency strobe and SOS.
- Advanced Design - Our most advanced portable car battery jump starter ever. Featuring high-discharge lithium technology for safe operation in any climate. A rugged and water-resistant enclosure rated at IP65. A rubberized over-molded casing to prevent scratching or marring of surfaces. And an ultra-compact and lightweight design weighing just 2.4 pounds.
- In The Box - GB40 UltraSafe Portable Lithium Car Battery Jump Starter Pack, Heavy-Duty Battery Clamps, 12-Volt Car Charger, Micro USB Charging Cable, Microfiber Storage Bag, User Guide, 1-Year Warranty, and Designed in the USA.
Last update on 2023-05-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
12/8/2020 61 24 20_SPECIAL SERVICE ACTION: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY CONDITION VERIFICATION (20V-601) 1/3 SIB 61 24 20 SPECIAL SERVICE ACTION: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY CONDITION VERIFICATION (20V-601) 2020-11-24 PARTS INFORMATION No parts are required unless otherwise specified. WARRANTY INFORMATION Covered, one-time, under the terms of the BMW New Vehicle Limited Warranty for Passenger Cars and Light Trucks. Note: Please do not use Defect Code 85 80 01 09 00 for this claim submission. This defect code is not active for claim submission. Claims with this defect code will be rejected. Use the Defect Code shown below. Defect Code: 85800109NA B61 24 20 HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY CONDITION VERIFICATION : Labor Operation Description Labor Allowance 00 00 006 Performing vehicle test (with vehicle diagnosis system – checking faults) (Main work) Refer to AIR Or: 00 00 556 Performing vehicle test (with vehicle diagnosis system – checking Refer to AIR Copyright ©2020 BMW of North America, Inc. 12/8/2020 61 24 20_SPECIAL SERVICE ACTION: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY CONDITION VERIFICATION (20V-601) 3/3 faults) (Plus work) And: 61 21 528 Connect an approved battery charger/power supply (in AIR as Recharge vehicle electrical system battery) Refer to AIR And: 61 25 910 Recharging high-voltage battery unit (to high voltage charging socket) Refer to AIR And: 00 58 677 TeileClearing lump-sum fee Associated work Refer to AIR If you are using a Main labor code for another repair, use the Plus code labor operation 00 00 556 instead of 00 00 006. Refer to AIR for the corresponding flat rate unit (FRU) allowances. RO and Claim Repair Comments Reference SI B61 24 20 and document the current condition of the High-Voltage Battery, unless otherwise required by State law. Other Repairs (After HV Battery Condition Verification) If other eligible and covered work is performed as a result of performing the ISTA diagnostics, related test plans and/or as recommended through the TSARA case response, claim this work with the applicable Defect Code and the labor operations that are listed in AIR (including diagnosis). As applicable to your center, please refer to SI B01 01 20 or B01 07 20 for claiming your diagnosis work time, job/repair work time (WT), WT and the repair-related explanation procedures. QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS BULLETIN Technical inquiries Submit feedback at the top of this bulletin Warranty inquiries Submit an IDS ticket to the Warranty Department or use the chat available in the Warranty Documentation Portal Parts inquiries Submit an IDS ticket to the Parts Department Supporting Materials picture_as_pdf B612420_Customer_Letter_Final.pdf Copyright ©2020 BMW of North America, Inc. Attachment to B61 24 20 November 2020 BMW of North America, LLC Company BMW of North America, LLC Postal Address PO Box 1227 Westwood, NJ 07675-1227 Telephone (800) 831-1117 Fax (201) 930-8484 Website bmwusa.com