|E-Series||Model Description||Production Date|
|G01||X3 Sports Activity Vehicle – PHEV only||June 3, 2020 – September 23, 2020|
|G05||X5 Sports Activity Vehicle – PHEV only||June 6, 2020 – September 11, 2020|
|G12||7 Series Sedan – PHEV only||March 16, 2020 – May 12, 2020|
|G20||3 Series Sedan – PHEV only||March 5, 2020 – September 24, 2020|
|G30||5 Series Sedan – PHEV only||March 4, 2020 – September 25, 2020|
Vehicles which require this Recall Campaign to be completed will show it as “Open” when checked either in AIR, the “Service Menu” of DCSnet (Dealer Communication System), ISPA Next or Warranty Vehicle Inquiry.
- Have not been retailed or put into service
- Do Not have an “In Service Date”
- Have less than 300 miles
For customer-owned, and those vehicles that were already put into service (that have been retailed and show an “In Service Date”), refer to SI B61 23 20. It must have the defect code 0061710500 associated with the vehicle.
BMW AG is conducting a Voluntary Safety Recall (effective September 24, 2020) on certain Model Year
2020-2021 BMW Plug-In Hybrid-Electric (PHEV) vehicles that were produced between March 4, 2020 and September 25, 2020. While it is similar to another recall we recently announced involving the high-voltage battery, they will be separate recalls.
Please do not charge the vehicle’s high-voltage battery until further notice.
The Recall Notice and Q&A have been attached for further information.
The remedy is currently under discussion. The bulletin will be updated when additional information becomes available.
Please refer to SI B61 23 20 for retailed vehicles and its attachments. It must have the defect code 0061710500 associated with the vehicle.
Transport arrangements for the affected dealer inventory vehicles to BMW NA will be coordinated with the Regional Distribution Manager.
Safety Recall 20V-601
Model Year 2020-2021
PHEV [BMW 3 Series, 5 Series, 7 Series, i8, X3 SAV, X5 SAV / MINI Countryman]
Issue Date: 09/24/2020
Last Update: 10/13/2020
Q1. Which BMW Group models in the US are potentially affected by this Safety Recall?
Certain Plug-In Hybrid-Electric Vehicles (PHEV), specifically Model Year 2020-2021 BMW 3 Series, 5 Series, 7 Series, i8, X3 SAV, X5 SAV, and MINI Countryman models in the US, produced between February and September 2020, are potentially affected.
Q2. What is the specific issue?
Q3. Why are other models / vehicles not included in this Safety Recall?
Other models have been produced with a high-voltage battery that has been produced to specifications.
Q4. How did BMW Group become aware of the issue?
BMW Group became aware of the issue through our quality control procedures.
Q5. Can I continue to drive my vehicle?
If you are not the only driver of this vehicle, please advise all other drivers of this important information.
However, if the issue occurs while driving, which may manifest itself with a displayed Check Control message for HV Battery/Drivetrain malfunction and a vehicle in a failsafe mode, carefully move away from traffic as soon as possible, pull over to a safe location, and shut off the power. Do not continue to drive the vehicle. All occupants should exit the vehicle and move to a safe location.
Dial 911 in the event of an emergency. If it is not an emergency, contact BMW Roadside Assistance at 1-800-332-4269 or MINI Roadside Assistance at 1-866-646-4772 to have your vehicle brought to the nearest BMW center or MINI dealer.
Q6. Can I charge my vehicle?
No, DO NOT PLUG IN OR CHARGE YOUR VEHICLE.
Q7. How can I check my battery state of charge?
Q8. Is it recommended that I drain the high-voltage battery? If so, how do I do that?
Yes. It is recommended to drain the high-voltage battery. Specific instructions are below for models affected by this recall.
- Using iDrive, go to Settings > Driving mode > Battery Control > Set or leave the charging state at 30%.
For MINI Countryman:
- Press the eDrive switch > Select MAX eDRIVE or AUTO eDRIVE > Confirmation will show in the Central Display.
- Using iDrive, go to My vehicle > Vehicle Settings > AUTO eDRIVE > Disable Keep charging state
- Press the eDrive switch. If the LED lights up -> MAX eDrive is active. If the LED does not light up -> Auto eDrive active. Either one is fine.
Q9. Should I park my vehicle outside?
The possibility of a thermal event is extremely rare. Once the battery has been drained, the possibility decreases even further.
Q10. How will I be informed of this Safety Recall?
Letters will be mailed to owners in October via First Class mail advising them of this Safety Recall and the availability of the remedy with applicable instructions.
To ensure BMW and MINI have the most up-to-date contact and vehicle information, owners should register their vehicle at www.bmwusa.com/myBMW or https://ol.miniusa.com/. Registration is free and will give them access to other information specific for their BMW or MINI.
Q11. How and when will my vehicle be repaired?
The remedy is current being developed. Owners will be notified again as soon as the remedy is available.
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – SIB 61 20 20 RECALL 20V-601: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY 2020-10-16 This Service Information Bulletin (Revision 2) replaces SI B61 20 20 dated October 2020. What’s New (Specific text highlighted): Warranty Section
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Subject: 20V-601 High-Voltage Battery Customer Notification Date: Thursday, October 8, 2020
Latest Recalls Documents
For the Latest and Most Recent Recalls Information Visit the link below…
- CHARGE YOUR EV FASTER: Level 2 electric vehicle charging station compatible with any EV charges up to 9Xs faster than a standard wall outlet
- UNIVERSAL EV CHARGER: Tested on leading EV models: Chevrolet Bolt EV, Volvo Recharge, Polestar, Hyundai Kona and Ioniq, Kira NIRO, Nissan LEAF, Tesla, Toyota Prius Prime, BMW i3, Honda Clarity, Chrysler Pacifica, Jaguar I-PACE, and more
- SMARTHOME AND WIFI ENABLED: Set a convenient charging schedule with the ChargePoint app, compatible with Alexa devices
- UP TO 50 AMPS: Energy Star rated electric car charging station features flexible amperage settings from 16 to 50 amps
- FEATURES: Easy indoor or outdoor installation by an electrician; Plug-in or hardwired installation available; Plug-in installation requires circuits rated 40A or 50A; Voltage: 240 V; Cable length: 23 feet
- ❤ [Operating Regulations]: 👍Work Voltage: 200V-270V, suggest 220V or 240V; 👍Socket: Only works with Nema 14-50 plug-in socket; 👍Doesn't charge: Your charging mode is "APP Start", pull out the charging gun, long press "Ⓐ Button" and switch to "Plug-and-Play" mode, then it will work well. 👍Can't adjust the current by APP: Stop the charging, then you can adjust current.(Because adjust the current when charging may cause abnormalities)
- ❤ [6X Faster with ETL and Energy Star Listed, Meets the Safety Criteria Defined by: SAE J1772, UL2231-1/-2, UL 991, UL 2231, UL 2251, UL1998 and UL 2594 & Compatible with all EVs and PHEVs Sold in North America]: Say goodbye to slow level 1 ev charger and enjoy 6X faster charging. Designed with J1772 TYPE 1 standard connector, compatible with Tesla (Adaptor Needed), Ford, GM, Nissan, Audi, Kia, Honda, BMW, Kia, Hyundai, Gmc, Chevy, etc.
- ❤ [Up to 7.68kWh High Speed Charging & Adjustable Amperage from 16A to 32A]: Maximum current output of 32 Amps for 40A circuit breaker, 24 Amps for 30A circuit breaker, or 16 Amps for 20A circuit breaker. Charge Rate: 22-25 miles per hour at 32A, 15-18 miles per hour at 24A and 10-12 miles per hour at 16A. (Kindly note: Some cars may turn down the current automatically when the voltage is unstable.)
- ❤ [Smart LED Screen Display & Touch Control]: Clearly show the Amperage, charging speed, input voltage, delay time, charge safely. For the touch buttons: 1. Pull out the charging gun, otherwise the touch buttons will no respond; 2. Long press "Ⓐ" to switch "Plug-and-Play" or "APP Start" charging modes(You can switch to "Plug and Play" mode if doesn't charge after plugged); 3. Short press "Ⓐ" to adjust the amperage from 16A to 32A by needs.
- ❤ [Smart APP Control, Real-time Monitor and Appoint The Charging Start Time, Save your Money]: You can search "Smart life" by Apple store or Google Store, which allows your vehicles to be charged during off-peak period by setting the charging start time, save money on the electricity bills. Check the charging cost, history, fully-charged notification, track the charging status, and adjust the current before the charging.
- COMPATIBILITY: Wall Connector is compatible with all Tesla models: Model S, Model 3, Model X and Model Y.
- CHARGING SPEED: Up to 44 miles of range per hour of charge, with up to 11.5 kW / 48 amp output, depending on Tesla model and breaker size.
- CONVENIENCE: Indoor or outdoor installation (by your own electrician or one of the 1,400+ Tesla Certified Electricians) with variable amperage that allows max output to be customized to an existing power supply and supports any output up to 48A. Possible max output configurations include: 48A, 40A, 32A, 24A, 16A, 12A.
- CONNECTIVITY: Connecting the Wall Connector to a local Wi-Fi network enables over-the-air firmware updates for continual product improvements and remote access control.
- POWER-SHARE: Power-share is ideal for locations that need to charge more than one Tesla at the same time. This functionality allows up to six Wall Connectors to be linked for efficient power management.
- Engineered by Autel, the industry-leader in automotive diagnostic tools since 2004, the MaxiCharger Home is a Level 2, 240 Volt electric vehicle (EV) charging station that can charge any EV or plug-in hybrid up to 9X faster than a Level 1 regular outlet charger.
- The advanced Autel Charge mobile app allows you to track, manage, schedule, and optimize smart EV charging anytime to take advantage of off-peak electricity rates. Adjustable power output up to 50 Amps allows you to choose what works best for your home and lifestyle, helping to avoid costly electrical upgrades.
- A durable 25-foot cable, sturdy construction, and high-grade materials provide maximum weather resistance. A NEMA 4X protection rating provids safe and reliable indoor and outdoor usage in any climate.
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Ethernet connectivity options ensure automatic OTA (over-the-air) firmware updates and seamless connectivity and communication with your mobile device. The optional start and stop RFID card functionality can prevent unauthorized use. This EV charger has a glass cover but no screen display.
- A 3-year warranty, 24/7 support from the best-in-class charging stations customer service, and automatic updates will deliver safe and secure electric vehicle charging for years to come. This 12kW MaxiCharger is a hardwired version but the hardwire cable is not included in the package.
- 4X Faster Charging: SHOCKFLO Level 2 EV Charger offers 4X charging speed than a standard charger, getting you 44 miles with only 4 hours under 240V charge. Replaceable NEMA 5-15 adapter allow it to be used for both level 1 & level 2(Both green and red light may on or flash when powered or charged at 240V, it won't affect the normal use)
- Work with All EVs: SHOCKFLO EV Electric Vehicle Charger use for all electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids meeting J1772 standard
- Charge Anywhere, Anytime: 21ft charging cord is long and flexible enough for most yards or garages. Storage bag is easier to carry, keeping things organized in car and allowing to recharge anytime & anywhere
- Certified Safe, Charged Safer: IP65 waterproof and international certified to charge your car at its highest possible speed safely. Protect against lightning, current leakage, grounding, low-voltage, over-voltage, over-charge, over-heat and over-current.We provide warranty of 12 months
- Plug, and Charge: SHOCKFLO EV Charger is effortless to use. Plug the charger into the outlet, and it starts charging instantly. LED indicator tells charging progress and errors, letting you know if it's working properly
- 【Makes For A Nice Setup】DAOLAR dock and hook combination is truly the perfect accessory for your EV charger. It is a simple addition that will have a huge impact to the outlook of your garage. The design concept is to keep your space organized and protect your charger from damage
- 【Heavy Duty and Durable】Heavy duty metal makes this charger holder extremely durable that can hold your EV Charger steady,and super easy to clean
- 【Perfect Fit All J1772 Plug】Highly recommend to anyone who want to mount standard J1772 type connector, indoors or outdoors
- 【Simple to Use】Simple insert and click the EV charging nozzle. The long charging cables can be easily coiled up and hung on the deep J hook
- 【No Cable Mess】Our cable organizer keeps your space clean by providing your wall ev charger with a safety storage holder - preventing kinking or tangling - so it stays ready for the next charge
- Grizzl-E Classic NEMA 14-50 Plug with 24 Feet Premium Cable is a simple, powerful, heavy-duty and portable Electric Vehicle Charging Station which is suitable for normal and cold weather. Compatible with all EVs and PHEVs sold in North America.
- UL Full Tested and Certified. Eligible for Federal rebate program. IP67 (Water resistant), Fire resistant. Over Current, Over Voltage , Under Voltage, Missing Diode, Ground Fault, and Over Temperature Protections. Self-Monitoring and Recovery, Power Outage Recovery. Built in GFCI.
- Fast charging and adjustable amperage: 40A, 32A, 24A, 16A. Maximum current output of 40 Amps for 50A circuit breaker, 32 Amps for 40A circuit breaker, 24 Amps for 30A circuit breaker, or 16 Amps for 20A circuit breaker. Charge Rate: 28-30 miles per hour at 40A, 22-25 miles per hour at 32A, 15-18 miles per hour at 24A and 10-12 miles per hour at 16A.
- Easy to install and use. Save hundreds of dollars on installation : just install a simple 14-50R outlet and you are ready to plug in your Grizzl-E. Easily transportable. Simple to remove from the mounting bracket and transport between different locations. NEMA-4 water and air tight metal enclosure. More power and output configurations for your money than any other charging station.
- Level 2 EV Charging: The MaxiCharger Home is a 240 Volt electric vehicle (EV) charging station that can charge any EV or plug-in hybrid up to 7X faster than a Level 1 (120 Volt) regular outlet charger. NEMA 6-50 and 14-50 Plug options, and a power output range of 6 amps up to 40 amps allows you to choose the charging speed that fits your lifestyle and home, helping to avoid costly electrical upgrades.
- Smart and Convenient Mobile App: Manage your charging easily, intelligently, and insightfully. The advanced Autel Charge mobile app allows you to track, manage, schedule, and optimize smart EV charging anytime to take advantage of off-peak electricity rates.
- Efficient Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Ethernet connectivity options ensure automatic OTA (over-the-air) firmware updates and seamless connectivity and communication with your mobile device. The optional start and stop RFID card functionality can prevent unauthorized use.
- Durable and Safe: The MaxiCharger's durable 25-foot cable, sturdy construction, and high-grade materials provide maximum weather resistance. A NEMA 4 protection rating, and certification by CSA testing labs, provide safe and reliable indoor and outdoor usage in any climate.
- 3 Year Warranty and 24/7 Support: The MaxiCharger NEMA plug units are easily installed by yourself or by a licensed electrician. A 3-year warranty, automatic updates, and around-the-clock support from Autel’s best-in-class customer service team will ensure a smooth and effortless onboarding and charging experience.
- 【High Compatibility】AplysiaTech EV charger is compatible with electric vehicles that meet SAE J1772 standards. our EV charger comes with convert NEMA 5-15 and 6-20 plugs that allow it to be used for both level 1 & level 2. The portable electric vehicle charger has an 21-foot cable, long enough for most driveways or garages.
- 【Level 1/2 Portable Electric Car Charger】 Our EV charger cable is 4 times faster than a standard EV charger comes with your car under Level 2 charging mode and getting you 44 miles with only 4 hours. It has a power range of 95-265V, up to 16A, Enable you to charge quickly.
- 【Safety guarantee】This Level 1/Level 2 EV charger weatherproof rating is IP67, controller IP54, CE certification, with lightning protection, leakage, grounding, low voltage, overvoltage, overcharge, overheating and overcurrent and other multiple protection.
- 【LED indicator】The LED indicator on the charger shows three different states: power, charge, and fault to help you identify the working status of EV charger and keep you informed of relevant charging information. If a fault is found, it will alert you and let you deal with the problem immediately.
- 【Easy to Carry】No worry about charging while traveling or on business,Our portable EV charger included storage bag to makes it easy to carry around and stay organized in your car, allowing you to charge anywhere, anytime, without having to find an EV charging station outside. Provide a fireproof NEMA 5-15P to 6-20R adapter, This EV charger can be carried directly in the car, always available, and can be charged anywhere there is a 120V or 240V socket.
- 🔴HIGH-SPEED CHARGING EXPERIENCE: The TopAutoGear electric vehicle charger offers a maximum current output of up to 16 amps, delivering an ultra-fast charging speed for your electric car. No more worries about waiting for charging – get your vehicle ready to hit the road at a moment's notice.
- 🔵INTELLIGENT LCD DISPLAY: Equipped with an intelligent LCD display screen, the TopAutoGear electric vehicle charger provides a clear visual representation of the charging status, five-level current selection, and scheduled charging settings. Easily understand the charging process and make adjustments as needed. This smart design keeps you informed about the charging progress, ensuring that your charging always aligns with your plans.
- ⚫CHARGER FREELY: 25-foot thick cable, allowing you to charge on-the-go with ease. Plus, we include a complimentary storage bag, adding a touch of ease and convenience to your charging experience.
- 🔴5 YEAR QUALITY ASSURANCE: Our five-year quality assurance reflects our unwavering confidence in product quality. The charger boasts an IP67 protection rating and has obtained UL and FCC certifications, featuring multiple safety protections like fire resistance, overcurrent, overvoltage, and over-temperature safeguards.
- 🔵BROAD COMPATIBILITY: Electric vehicle charger features a standardNEMA5-15P & 6-20 Plug and SAE J1772 interface, compatible with a wide range of vehicle models in the United States (Tesla requires an additional adapter). We provide you with comprehensive compatibility, ensuring a seamless connection for your charging experience.
Last update on 2023-11-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
12/30/2020 61 20 20_RECALL 20V-601: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY – CENTER INVENTORY VEHICLES 1/2 SIB 61 20 20 RECALL 20V-601: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY – CENTER INVENTORY VEHICLES 2020-12-28 This Service Information Bulletin (Revision 2) replaces SI B61 20 20 dated October 2020. This Service Information Bulletin (Revision 3) replaces SI B61 20 20 dated October 2020. What’s New Title adds “Center Inventory Vehicles” Affected Vehicles Affected Customers Correction Procedure WARRANTY INFORMATION Reimbursement for this Recall Action will be via normal claim entry utilizing the work package information below: Performed before the first vehicle delivery to a customer Defect Code: 0061670500 G01 G05 G1x G2x G3x PHEV cells in the high-voltage batteries (Ship to vehicle to BMW NA) : Work Pkg Labor Operation Description (Plus work) Labor Allowance # 1 00 70 571 Preparing vehicle for dispatch (Ship to BMW NA) (vehicles before the first delivery, no in-service date and less than 300 miles) 3 FRU Claim Repair Comments Only reference the SIB number and the work package (Pkg) number performed in the RO technician notes and the claim comments (For example: Updated B61 20 20 WP 1, ship vehicle to BMW NA), unless otherwise required by State law. QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS BULLETIN Technical inquiries Submit feedback at the top of this bulletin Warranty inquiries Submit an IDS ticket to the Warranty Department or use the chat available in the Warranty Documentation Portal Parts inquires Submit an IDS ticket to the Parts Department Supporting Materials picture_as_pdf B612020_PHEV High Voltage Battery Recall_Enhanced Rental Procedure.pdf picture_as_pdf B612020 Recall Notice_BMW.pdf picture_as_pdf B612020_2020-BMW-MINI-MY2020-2021-PHEV-F60-Gxx-Ixx-HV-Battery-FAQ- (13Oct2020).pdf Copyright ©2020 BMW of North America, Inc. Attachment to B61 20 20 October 2020 SAFETY RECALL NOTICE To: All Center Operators, Sales Managers, Service Manager, Parts Manager and Warranty Processor RE: Recall 20V-601: High-Voltage Battery – B61 20 20 BMW AG is conducting a Voluntary Safety Recall (effective September 24, 2020) on certain Model Year 2020-2021 BMW Plug-In Hybrid-Electric (PHEV) vehicles that were produced between March 4, 2020 and September 25, 2020. Please be reminded that it is a violation of federal law (The Safety Act) for you to sell, lease or deliver any new motor vehicle covered by this notification until the recall repair has been performed. This means that centers may not legally deliver new motor vehicles to consumers until they are fixed or use/sell replacement equipment/parts subject to this recall. Note also that substantial civil penalties apply to violations of the Safety Act. Also, you should not sell, lease or deliver any Certified Pre-Owned or used vehicles subject to a safety recall until the repair is completed. Please follow any special instructions that we provide to you for the return or disposition of recall parts. We appreciate all your assistance with this Recall. Attachment to B61 20 20 – BMW RECALL 20V-601: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY (October 2020) 1 PHEV High Voltage Battery Recall – Enhanced Car Rentals Note: Aftersales Area Manager (AAM) Field Authorization is required for these rental car reimbursement claim submissions and the claim comments must explain the situation and reference your center’s AAM email, as noted below, and the date it was sent. Please use the following alternate transportation measures (ATM) for those customers with PHEV High Voltage Battery Recall affected vehicles that are out of service awaiting PHEV High Voltage-related repairs to be completed. Procedure 1- For customer situations, please email Customer Relations (CR) at CRNJ_Recall_20V- 601_Escalation@bmwna.com 2- In addition to customer notification letters mailing in October, the Customer Relations team will be calling all affected customers. 3- If a customer requests alternate transportation, CR will contact the corresponding center to help coordinate this with customer. 4- Please follow these instructions if CR contacts you: 5- If a repair order (RO) is not already available, create one. 6- Ensure there is a line item or create one that clearly explains the reason why your center is providing alternate transportation. 7- Send a High-Voltage Battery Recall Rental Car Request titled email to your AAM that includes a signed RO copy (center generated that is signed by the customer) 8- The AAM will review your center’s email and approve your request accordingly. 9- When the rental car is approved by return AAM email (see next section below) and after the rental car is delivered to the customer, forward the: • AAM’s car rental authorization email; and the • Customer signed copy of the RO that was sent to the AAM; and a • Copy of the rental agreement to the following BMW mailbox as attachments to Recall.firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include the vehicle’s VIN (last seven) in the subject line of this email. 10- Unless otherwise required by state law for alternate transportation vehicles, if the customer is expected be in a rental car for longer than 30 days, the customer must return to center every 30 days to have rental car inspected and/or swapped out (if the rental car is required to be returned to the third-party rental car provider). For these AAM approved car rentals, please provide the customer with a vehicle through one of our preferred third-party rental car providers (Enterprise, Hertz if available in your area). BMW will reimburse the following: BMW Rental Vehicles Up to $64.00 a day • Market surcharge (if applicable); plus, the • CDW* (Collision Damage Waiver) protection – when the rental vehicle agreement signee accepts this optional coverage; plus • Taxes Non-BMW Rental Vehicles Up to $44.00 a day Invoice these allowable rental car expenses (Excluding fuel) as a separate line item on the repair order as outlined below. Attachment to B61 20 20 – BMW RECALL 20V-601: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY (October 2020) 2 Note: Aftersales Area Manager (AAM) Field Authorization is required for the rental car reimbursement claim submission and the claim comments must explain the situation and reference your center’s AAM email and the date it was sent. Rental Vehicle Invoice – Required Information for Claim Submission In addition to the Field Authorization (FAS), to be reimbursed for the above, your center must itemize the rental car invoice in the claim comments, please ensure that you always include the following information: Rental Vehicle Invoice – Line items Required Information to provide Brand of rental vehicle in use BMW or Non-BMW Vehicle – Model description Rental period Total number of days Market surcharge (If applicable) Cost per day and the total amount CDW* (Collision Damage Waiver) Cost per day and the total amount Taxes Total amount Other Optional Protection/Insurance Coverage BMW will only reimburse the cost of the applicable Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)* protection that the rental vehicle agreement signee accepted. *Note: The Collision Damage Waiver (CDW), this may also be referred to as the Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) or the Physical Damage Waiver (PDW). If your customer wants to obtain other optional protection or insurance coverage, for example: • SLP/SLI/LIS (Supplemental Liability Protection or Insurance/Liability Insurance Supplement); and/or • PAI (Personal Accident Insurance); and/or • PEC (Personal Effects Coverage); The cost of this optional coverage would be at the owner’s/operator’s expense. Attachment to B61 20 20 – BMW RECALL 20V-601: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY (October 2020) 3 Important Note: If the customer believes they have access to optional protection/insurance coverage that will apply to their loaner car or rental vehicle either through their credit card company and/or personal car insurance (including other drivers and/or total loss), please encourage them to verify if and what additional coverage is available to him or her. PHEV High-Voltage Battery Recall – ATM Claim Submission Information Reimbursement for this AAM authorized PHEV High-Voltage Battery Recall-related car rental expense is via DCSnet normal claim entry through the Field Authorization System (FAS), as a separate line item, utilizing the following information: Defect Code: 11009999RV Rental Reimbursement – Safety-Recall Parts Supply/Repair Procedure Issues And: Sublet Code 3 Sublet at cost Reimbursement for qualifying alternate transportation as outlined in this procedure (PHEV High Voltage Battery Recall – Enhanced Car Rentals) RO/Claim Comments See the Rental Vehicle Invoice – Required Information for Claim Submission section above. PHEV High-Voltage Battery -related car rental expense claims submissions received without AAM Field Authorization will not be accepted for payment. Mid to Long-Term Car Rentals Due to the current remedy procedure, BMW NA anticipates that some customers may require alternate transportation for thirty (30) days or more. As a result, you may have to submit more than one claim for rental car reimbursements before the affected vehicle has been repaired and returned. Unless otherwise required by state law for alternate transportation vehicles, for these cases, BMW NA requests that your center submit a claim for the rental car reimbursement at 30-day or monthly intervals (invoice after each 30 day or one month of rental car usage). Important Warning: (1) Failure to properly follow this approval process will result in your center receiving a reduced or no reimbursement for these subsidized rental cars. (2) This program is separate from your normal loaner car program (AMP) and is specific to vehicles with the PHEV High-Voltage Battery Recall.