March 19, 2020 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 20V164000
NHTSA Campaign Number: 20V164
Manufacturer BMW of North America, LLC
Potential Number of Units Affected 3,316
BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2020 X3 xDrive30e, X4 xDrive30i, X4 M40i, X4M, 330i, 330i xDrive, M340i, 840i Gran Coupe, 840i xDrive Gran Coupe, M850i xDrive Gran Coupe, M8 Gran Coupe, X3 sDrive30i, X3 xDrive30i, X3 M40i, X3M, and 840i xDrive Convertible vehicles. The sensors in the front seat belt buckles may inaccurately detect a belted occupant as unbelted, possibly causing the air bag and seat belt pretensioners to deploy improperly in the event of a crash.
BMW will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and replace the front seat belt buckles, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began May 18, 2020. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
SIB 72 03 20
RECALL 20V-164: FRONT SAFETY BELT BUCKLES
Please perform the procedure outlined in this Service Information on all affected vehicles before customer delivery. In the event the customer has already taken delivery of the vehicle, please perform the procedure the next time the vehicle is in the shop.
This Service Information Bulletin (Revision 6) replaces SI B72 03 20 dated March 2020.
What’s New (Specific text highlighted):
- Warranty Information – FRU allowance changed/updated in accordance with the revised inspection procedure.
|E-Series||Model Description||Production Date|
|F91||M8 Convertible||February 11, 2020 – March 4, 2020|
|F92||M8 Coupe||February 11, 2020 – March 2, 2020|
|F93||M8 Gran Coupe||February 7, 2020 – March 4, 2020|
|F97||X3 M Sports Activity Vehicle||January 15, 2020 – February 14, 2020|
|F98||X4 M Sports Activity Coupe||January 15, 2020 – February 14, 2020|
|G01||X3 Sports Activity Vehicle||January 15, 2020 – February 17, 2020|
|G02||X4 Sports Activity Coupe||January 15, 2020 – February 17, 2020|
|G14||8 Series Convertible||February 7, 2020 – March 4, 2020|
|G15||8 Series Coupe||February 10, 2020 – March 4, 2020|
|G16||8 Series Gran Coupe||January 29, 2020 – March 4, 2020|
|G20||3 Series Sedan||January 28, 2020 – February 18, 2020|
Vehicles which require this Recall Campaign to be completed will show it as “Open” when checked either in AIR, the “Service Menu” of DCSnet (Dealer Communication System), ISPA Next or Warranty Vehicle Inquiry.
On the models F97, F98, G01, G02 and G20 without the following option codes/SAs SA230, SA5AL, SA802, SA807, SA8AA, SA8LA and SA8R1:
– Only the driver’s safety belt buckle is affected. There is no need to drive these vehicles to perform testing.
If the vehicle is equipped with the above-listed options:
- The buckles on the driver’s and passenger’s sides both have to be checked
- Refer to Procedure Step 4
- The vehicle will need to be briefly driven with a passenger so that the passenger buckle is effectively checked
BMW AG is conducting a Voluntary Safety Recall (effective March 13, 2020) on certain Model Year 2020 BMW vehicles that were produced between January 15, 2020 and March 4, 2020. The issue involves the hall sensor within the driver and/or passenger front seat safety belt buckle.
Within the safety belt, the hall effect sensor for the safety belt buckle status may read incorrectly.
Perform a stress test on each front seat’s safety belt buckle.
If the hall sensor fails to remain within 3 mm of the underside of the safety belt buckle after the test, the buckle assembly must be replaced.
Perform a stress test on the safety belt buckle.
- Place the front seat height at the lowest position.
- Bend the buckle head 5 times towards the seat cushion to create a 90-degree bend of the buckle cable.
The safety belt is shown latched into the buckle but is not necessary. The belt end simply increases leverage.
Inspect the bottom of the buckle. If needed for better access, bend the buckle forward. The hall switch connection is at the arrow.
Verify visually if the hall switch remains in the correct position. Movement UP TO 3 mm is acceptable.
The pictures below show acceptable movement in green.
If there is a 3 mm or larger visual gap between the hall switch assembly and the buckle, replace the part.
The pictures below show unacceptable movement in red.
- Perform the test on the other front seat buckle.
The following images show the difference between a good (i.O. or OK) and no good (marked as n.i.O., NG, or NOK) part.
After bending the safety belt buckle, the slipped-out hall sensor remains on a NOK safety belt buckle about 3 mm outside and will no longer sit flush, even if the safety belt buckle stretches again.
- Verify visually if the hall switch remains in the correct position.
The gap must be smaller than 3 mm.
If there is no gap, or the gap is smaller than 3 mm: Turn ignition on. The safety belt warning light in the instrument cluster (aka Kombi) should be illuminated:
- Fasten safety belt
Pay attention to the warning light in the instrument cluster-
- The safety belt warning light must turn off as soon as the safety belt is fastened.
Repeat the fasten safety belt procedure 5 times. Keep the ignition on.
If the warning light stays on after latching the safety belt any time within these 5 cycles, replace the safety belt latch.
To perform the check of the passenger safety belt latch, perform the procedure while driving above 15 mph with an occupant in the passenger seat performing the test.
Attachments are enclosed for the models’ AIR repair procedures as guidelines. Refer to AIR for the latest repair versions and tightening torque values.
Only use and invoice the part numbers below that apply.
Performing a part number look-up in ETK (EPC) by VIN or model in place of using/invoicing the following part numbers may result with the wrong part numbers being invoiced and installed, this could delay the payment of claim.
|71 11 7 414 301||Seat Belt Bucle, front||Max of 2 for all vehicles|
|07 14 9 321 690||Screw M10x28||8 for all vehicles|
|72 11 9 909 471||Screw M10x16||4 (G01, G02, F97 F98)|
|07 11 9 908 419||Screw M10x28||4 (G20, G14, G15, G16, F91, F92, F93)|
Effective immediately: Reimbursement for this Recall will be via normal claim entry utilizing the following information together with the specified part numbers above when applicable.
Completion before the first vehicle delivery to a customer or the vehicle is already in the workshop
|Work Pkg||Labor Operation||Description (Plus work)||Labor Allowance|
|# 1||00 69 530||Checking/testing both front safety belt buckles (Lower strap), no replacement is necessary||4 FRU (All)|
00 69 531
Checking/testing both front safety belt buckles (Lower strap), replace one front safety belt buckle
|6 FRU (F91, F92, G14, G15);
7 FRU (F93, F97, F98, G01, G16, G20);
8 FRU (G01-30e, G02)
00 69 532
Checking/testing both front safety belt buckles (Lower strap), replace both front safety belt buckles
|10 FRU (F91, F92, G14, G15);
12 (F93, G16, G20);
13 FRU (F97, F98, G01, G02); 14 FRU (G01-30e)
The vehicle arrives at your center and this Recall Campaign shows open (No other Main work will be performed/claimed during this workshop visit)
|Work Pkg||Labor Operation||Description (Main work)||Labor Allowance|
|# 4||00 69 027||Checking/testing both front safety belt buckles
(Lower strap), no replacement is necessary
|5 FRU (All)|
00 69 028
Checking/testing both front safety belt buckles (Lower strap), replace one front safety belt buckle
|8 FRU (F91, F92, G14, G15);
9 FRU (F93, F97, F98, G01, G02, G16, G20); 10 FRU (G01-30e)
00 69 029
Checking/testing both front safety belt buckles (Lower strap), replace both front safety belt buckles
|11 FRU (F91, F92);
12 FRU (G14, G15);
13 FRU (F93, G16, G20);
14 FRU (F97, F98, G01);
15 FRU (G01-30e, G02)
Only one of the flat rate labor operation codes listed above can be used for claim submission/reimbursement purposes. Also, only one Main work flat rate labor operation code can be claimed per workshop visit.
Claim Repair Comments
Only reference the SIB number and the work package (Pkg) number performed in the RO technician notes and in the claim comments (For example: B72 03 20 WP 1), unless otherwise required by State law.
And, as applicable:
Alternative Mobility Solution (AMS) for Vehicle Owners (RO and Claim Comments Required)
This Recall repair qualifies for Alternative Mobility Solution (AMS) expense reimbursement, claim this item under the Defect Code noted above as follows:
Sublet Code 2 – Itemize the AMS sublet amount on the repair order and in the claim comment section.
Please refer to SI B01 29 16 for additional information.
picture_as_pdf B720320_G01 F97 REP.pdf
picture_as_pdf B720320_G02 F98 REP.pdf
picture_as_pdf B720320_G14 F91 REP.pdf
picture_as_pdf B720320_G16 F93 REP.pdf
picture_as_pdf B720320 Recall Notice.pdf
picture_as_pdf B720320_G20 REP.pdf
picture_as_pdf B720320_G15 F92 REP.pdf
SAFETY RECALL NOTICE
To: All Center Operators, Sales Managers, Service Manager, Parts Manager and Warranty Processor
RE: Recall 20V-164: Front Seat Belt Buckles – B72 03 20
Please be reminded that it is a violation of federal law (The Safety Act) for you to sell, lease or deliver any new motor vehicle covered by this notification until the recall repair has been performed. This means that centers may not legally deliver new motor vehicles to consumers until they are fixed or use/sell replacement equipment/parts subject to this recall. Note also that substantial civil penalties apply to violations of the Safety Act.
Also, you should not sell, lease or deliver any Certified Pre-Owned or used vehicles subject to a safety recall until the repair is completed.
Please follow any special instructions that we provide to you for the return or disposition of recall parts.
We appreciate all your assistance with this Recall.
Q1. Which BMW Group models in the US are potentially affected by this Safety Recall? Certain Model Year 2020 BMW 3 Series, 8 Series (including M8), X3/X3M SAV, and X4/X4M SAC vehicles in the US, produced between January and March 2020, are potentially affected.
Q2. What is the specific issue?
The driver and passenger front seat safety belt buckles have a sensor to detect whether or not the belt is buckled. Potentially affected vehicles may have an incorrect buckle sensor. In such a case, the system may erroneously detect a belted condition as unbelted and display the safety belt warning symbol in the instrument cluster.
Q3. Why are other BMW Group vehicles not included in this Safety Recall?
Other vehicles were equipped with the appropriate front seat safety belt buckle sensors.
Q4. How did BMW Group become aware of this issue?
BMW Group became aware of this issue through its quality control procedures.
Q5. Can I determine if this issue exists in my vehicle?
Q6. Can I continue to drive my vehicle (before I receive my letter)?
Yes. However, when you receive a letter requesting you to make an appointment to have this Safety Recall performed by an authorized BMW center, please do so as soon as possible. If you are not the only driver of this vehicle, please advise all other drivers of this important information.
Q7. How will my vehicle be repaired?
The front seat safety belt buckles will be inspected and, if necessary, replaced for free and can take approximately one hour.
Q9. How will I be informed of this Safety Recall?
You will receive a letter in May via First Class mail advising you of this Safety Recall and to schedule an appointment with an authorized BMW center to have this Safety Recall performed. You can locate your nearest authorized BMW center at www.bmwusa.com/dealer. To ensure the BMW Group has your most recent contact and vehicle information, please register your BMW vehicle at www.bmwusa.com/myBMW. Registration is free, and will give you access to factory initiated campaigns and other information specific to your vehicle.
Q10. Do I have to wait for my letter to have my vehicle serviced?
Yes. BMW is in the process of ensuring that the necessary tools, parts, and procedures are available prior to contacting you to schedule an appointment with your authorized BMW center to have this important Safety Recall performed. For the latest updates to this Safety Recall, please visit www.bmwusa.com/recall.
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL – Remedy Available
This notice applies to your vehicle, [INSERT VIN]
Recall Campaign No. 20V-164: Front Seat Safety Belt Buckle Sensor
Dear BMW Owner / Lessee:
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. BMW AG has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in certain Model Year 2020 BMW 3 Series, 8 Series (including M8), X3/X3M SAV and X4/X4M SAC vehicles. Our records indicate that you are the owner of a potentially affected vehicle.
Why are we contacting you?
We are pleased to inform you that we are ready to perform this recall. If you have not had this recall performed, please contact your authorized BMW center immediately to schedule an appointment. Visit www.bmwusa.com/dealer to locate your nearest BMW center.
What could happen?
The driver and front passenger seat safety belt buckles have a sensor to detect whether or not the belt is buckled. The sensor may detect a belted condition as unbelted which, in a crash, could alter air bag and/or pre-tensioner deployment levels, increasing the risk of injury.
If you notice that the safety belt reminder system is active via an audible and/or visual warning while either front seat occupant is belted, your vehicle may be experiencing this issue. Please contact an authorized BMW center to have this Safety Recall performed as soon as possible. If you are not the only driver of this vehicle, please advise all other drivers and passengers of this important information.
What will BMW do?
The front seat safety belt buckles will be inspected and, if necessary, replaced for free which could take approximately one hour. There may be some options to help overcome the inconvenience of bringing your vehicle in for service, if needed. Contact your local BMW center to check what may be available.
What if I am not the current owner of this vehicle?
You can update your contact information by registering at 30Thttps://www.bmwusa.com/mybmw30T. Updates to vehicle ownership can be done by contacting BMW Customer Relations at 1-800-831-1117. If you are a vehicle lessor, Federal Regulations require you to forward this notice to your lessee within ten days.
What if I have questions or experience problems?
For the latest updates to this recall, please visit 30Twww.bmwusa.com/recall30T. Should you have any questions about this recall, please contact your authorized BMW center. If you need additional assistance, contact BMW Customer Relations and Services at 1-800-525-7417 or at CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com.
If your BMW center is unable to remedy the defect without charge or within a reasonable period of time, you may notify the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, DC 20590, call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153), or go to https://www.safercar.gov.
Please be assured that your safety is important to us, and we sincerely apologize if this recall causes any inconvenience. We recommend that you and your passengers wear your safety belt at all times. Sincerely,
Spanish translation on back side
Traducción en español en el lado inverso
IMPORTANTE RETIRADA POR MOTIVOS DE SEGURIDAD
Este aviso se aplica a su vehículo, [INSERT VIN]
Campaña de retirada n.º 20V-164: Sensor de la hebilla del cinturón de seguridad en asientos delanteros
Mayo de 2020
Estimado propietario o arrendatario de un vehículo BMW:
Le enviamos este aviso en virtud de la National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act (Ley Nacional de Seguridad de Tránsito y Vehículos). BMW AG ha determinado que algunos vehículos X3/X3M SAV y X4/X4M SAC de los modelos de la Serie 3 y Serie 8 (incluida la M8) de BMW del año 2020 tienen un defecto relacionado con la seguridad de los vehículos motorizados. Según nuestros registros, usted es propietario de un vehículo que podría estar afectado.
¿Por qué nos ponemos en contacto con usted?
Nos complace informarle que estamos listos para realizar esta retirada. Si no se ha hecho la retirada, comuníquese de inmediato con el centro autorizado de BMW para programar una cita. Visite www.bmwusa.com/dealer para localizar el centro de BMW más cercano.
¿Qué podría suceder?
Las hebillas de los cinturones de seguridad en los asientos delanteros, del conductor y del pasajero, tienen un sensor para detectar si están correctamente abrochadas. Este sensor puede detectar erróneamente que un cinturón abrochado no está abrochado, lo que, en caso de accidente, podría alterar los niveles de activación del airbag o del pretensor, y aumentar el riesgo de lesiones.
Si, por una advertencia visual o auditiva, nota que el sistema de recordatorio del cinturón de seguridad está activo cuando los cinturones de los asientos delanteros están abrochados, su vehículo podría estar teniendo este problema. Comuníquese con un centro autorizado de BMW para que haga esta retirada de seguridad lo antes posible. Si usted no es la única persona que conduce este vehículo, comparta esta información importante con todos los demás conductores y pasajeros.
¿Qué hará BMW?
Se inspeccionarán las hebillas de los cinturones de seguridad de los asientos delanteros y, si es necesario, se reemplazarán sin cargo, lo que podría llevar aproximadamente una hora. Podría haber algunas opciones en caso de que sea un inconveniente traer el vehículo para repararlo, si fuera necesario. Comuníquese con su centro local de BMW para ver qué opciones hay disponibles.
¿Qué ocurre si no soy el propietario actual de este vehículo?
Puede actualizar su información de contacto registrándose en https://www.bmwusa.com/mybmw. Para cambiar la titularidad del vehículo, comuníquese con el BMW Customer Relations and Services (Servicio de Atención al Cliente de BMW) llamando al 1-800-831-1117. Si usted es arrendador del vehículo, las reglamentaciones federales exigen que reenvíe este aviso a su arrendatario en un plazo de diez días.
¿Qué debo hacer si tengo alguna pregunta o algún problema?
Para ver las últimas actualizaciones de esta retirada, visite www.bmwusa.com/recall. Si tiene alguna pregunta sobre esta retirada, comuníquese con el centro autorizado de BMW. Si necesita asistencia adicional, comuníquese con el BMW Customer Relations and Services (Servicio de Atención al Cliente de BMW) llamando al 1-800-525-7417 o por correo electrónico a 30TCustomerRelations@bmwusa.com.
Si el centro de BMW no puede resolver el defecto sin cargo o en un plazo razonable, puede notificar al administrador de la National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (Administración Nacional de Seguridad de Tránsito en Carreteras), 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, DC 20590; llamar a la Vehicle Safety Hotline (Línea gratuita directa de seguridad vehicular) al 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153), o visitar https://www.safercar.gov.
Le aseguramos que nos importa su seguridad y le pedimos sinceras disculpas si esta retirada le causa algún inconveniente. Recomendamos que usted y sus pasajeros usen el cinturón de seguridad en todo momento.
BMW of North America, LLC
English version on front side
Versión en inglés en el frente
7 Affected Products
|BMW||M8 GRAN COUPE||2020|
10 Associated Documents
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) – Remedy is AvailableRCONL-20V164-0848
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Remedy Instructions and TSB – Front Safety Belt BuckleRCRIT-20V164-0119
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-20V164-5616
Remedy Instructions and TSBRCRIT-20V164-9792
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2020-4RCLQRT-20V164-6950
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2020-3
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2020-2RCLQRT-20V164-7060
Latest Recalls Documents
- 🥇【COMPLETE ABS AIRBAG SRS SCANNER】1️⃣ABS SRS Airbag Scan Tool: Weak brake pad, Bad wheel speed sensor & error codes diagnosis; 2️⃣Sensor Reset Tool: Calibrate SAS ABS SRS Airbag Sensors after maintenance; 3️⃣Bidirectional Scan Tool: Activate and command ABS/SRS/Airbag components. 4️⃣Powerful OBD2 Scanners: S-M-O-G check, E-mission Status & Gas-Cap issue diagnosis for 12v vehicles after 1996. 👉TIPS: The abs scanner can NOT clear airbag crash data/collision data. NOT support programming/coding.
- 🎃【TOP ABS BLEED SCAN TOOL】The air will get inside when replace components such as calipers, wheel cylinders, the master cylinder, brake lines or hoses. This abs auto bleed scan tool will help bleed the brake, cycling the pump and valves to get a firm brake pedal and keep a safety driving on the road. Own a foxwell obd2 scanner with abs auto bleed function is so valuable instead high cost from the dealships. 👉Note: Only works on the vehicles have auto abs bleeding.
- 🚦【ALL FUNCTIONS FOR ABS VSA SRS AIRBAG】Do more for ABS VSA SRS Airbag system not just reading/clearing codes like other scan tools do. The abs scanner airbag code reader is born to solve issues when the warning light(MIL) was on. Diagnoses, pin-points the problem down and tells you which sensor was bad that caused the problem, no need to replace one by one. NT630 plus will reset/calibrate the new sensor after replacement. Finally turning off the warning lights and keeping all to running well.
- 👍【ABS SRS BIDIRECTIONAL SCAN TOOL, PAYS FOR ITSELF AFTER ONE USE】The abs code reader scan tool allows you to control the ABS/Airbag system and components to test which part was bad, including Auto Bleed Test/ Setup SDM Serial Number/ ABS Manual Control Tests/ ABS Motor Test/ ABS Version Test/ Actuator Tests, etc. To make sure the abs scanner tool will run more smoothly, please confirm if the NT630 plus will cover your vehicle before purchase via Amazon messages.
- ⛳【REFUSE ANNUAL INSPECTION FAILURE】This NT630 obd2 scanner diagnostic tool will scan all of your obd2 modules, show you the I/M readiness & E-mission status before the annual inspection. Monitoring the engine’s health, locate bad sensors, which cylinder was misfire and more engine’s faults. Guide you to do the maintenance work to make it safety driving again or to replace a new car. Reducing the potential driving risk and keep a great status for a safety journey.
- 🚩2022 New Elite Version🚩Same Function As LAUNCH CRP123E 🚩Lifetime Free Update🚩5 YEARs Warranty 🚩Conact seller to get Free Gift 🚩Fast delivery by Amazon
- 🎁【Great Gift Idea For Every Car Owner】: Prefect choice for your father, husband, brother or boyfriend. EVERY CAR OWNER WILL NEED IT! It comes with high-quality host with a strong box. Get LAUNCH CRP123 Elite car diagnostic scanner and give your lover a surprise!
- 🚗【 Read & Clear/Reset Engine/ABS/SRS/Transmission Diagnostic Scan Tool 】LAUNCH CRP123 OBD2 Scanner can test Engine, Transmission, ABS and Airbag four systems, also reads and resets code, displays data stream graphic, stores and playbacks dynamic data stream,helps to quick analysis and diagnosis.
- 🚗【 Error Fault Code Reader 】Except the full 10 modes OBD2 diagnostic functions like, retrieving I/M readiness, Freeze Frame Data, Read Dynamic Data stream and Vehicle Information, O2 Sensor Test, EVAP Test of Fuel Tank System (Mode 8) and Advanced On-board Monitoring (Mode 6), launch crp123 obd2 scanner can not only reveal what error codes your car is producing, but also erase your vehicle’s check engine light after problem fixed, the DTC help and explanation also tell you the exact problem.
- 🚗【 Live Data Graphing + Read/Record/Playback Data stream + Print diagnostic data 】※Live Data Graphing ,more intuitive to know your vehicle’s problem . ※ Large size Color Screen ;※ Print Function:Print the diagnose result easily; ※ with user manual and register & update tutorial video uploaded in the link by us, you can Look up it anytime by ONE-CLICK.
- [FOCUS ON BMW] - Creator has a variety of OBD2 code readers compatible for BMW/MINI, C501 is one of the most cost-effective scan tools for BMW/MINI vehicle owners. C501 Supports BMW/MINI between 1997 to 2020. 1997-2004 cars may need a 20-pin adaptor (not included).
- [FOR BMW/MINI] - Compatible with ECU systems including Drive, Chassis and Body all systems. Supported function including read and clear trouble codes, display live data stream, graph display, vehicle version information, clear adaptation, CBS reset, reset engine oil and battery registration, etc.
- [FULL SYSTEMS SCANNER] - Creator C501 is capable of reading and clearing trouble codes of all major systems, including engine, transmission, ABS, SRS, SAS, EPB, etc. Also supports body, chassis, powertrain and all control modules check. As a professional diagnostic tool for BMW/MINI full systems, C501 codes reader is also a universal OBD code reader for checking engine light, reading and erasing codes on all brands cars' OBD system.
- [EASY TO OPERATE] - Creator 501 uses 2.8" TFT 240K true color LCD display screen to indicate the test results , with the silicone keypad you can easily access to menu options. Rugged drop-proof case prevents falling. The menu layout on the screen is easy to understand and you can figure out how to do it easily.
- [VERY IMPORTANT] - The battery registration does not support BMW cars before 2004, and also does not support the E chassis (3'_E46, 5'_E39, 7'_E38, X3'_E83, X5'_E53, Z3'_E36, Z4'_E85/E86, MINI'_R50/R51, R52/R53). For above models, you just need to replace the battery directly, because these models do not require battery registration (at that time, there was no concept of battery registration).
- ABS/SRS/Engine/Transmission System Scanner: Autel ML629 not only can figure out the emission-related engine problem, but also can get quick access to the Anti-Lock Braking System / Airbag System / Engine / Transmission systems and diagnose these 4 systems’ conditions. It reads codes, clear codes, and read live data to help you turn off the MIL, ABS & SRS warning lights.
- Complete OBD2 Functions: This OBD2/EOBD code reader is compatible with all OBD2-compliant vehicles with full OBD2 functions. It can pinpoint any emission problems of the car engine by the Full OBD2 functions. Read Codes, Erase Codes, I/M Readiness, Live Data, Freeze Frame, O2 Monitor Test, On-Board Monitor Test, Vehicle Information, and Component Test.
- DTC Lookup & Vehicle Information: Designed with a built-in DTC library, this OBD2 scanner provides you with the ability to look up the definition of diagnostic trouble codes. Up to 10000+ codes are available in this DTC electronic dictionary. No need to look up codes on the Internet. In addition, it can identify the car automatically and retrieve the car information (VIN, CIN, and CVN).
- Upgraded Version of ML619 / AL619: As the upgraded version of ML619/AL619, ML629 can read enhanced codes, graph data, and erase codes in Anti-Lock Braking System, Airbag System, Engine, and Transmission system. Being cost-effective with only a small extra budget, this code reader enjoys more benefits with a wider range of vehicle coverage. It supports internet updating via USB and data printing via PC.
- The Newest Version in 2020: As the newest version in 2020, this Autel OBD2 scanner supports most 1996 and newer vehicles (OBDII & CAN) – domestic and import, including some latest models. Free update for lifetime via Mac/Win PC. With a 1-year warranty, 30-day free return & replacement service, and 24-hour customer service, this OBD2 scanner gives you excellent user experience.
- 🎁 Conact Seller to Get Free Gift 🎁 Same Function as LAUNCH CRP123E 🎁 Fast Delivery by Amazon🎁 Lifetime Free Update🎁 5 YEARS Warranty.
- [Engine/ABS/SRS/Transmission Diagnostic Tool]----The crp123 obd2 scanner is perfect balance of power and affordability, providing the ability to view preset, or user defined, live data streams for ENGINE, AT, ABS and SRS data, the ability to graph, record, replay and print data, read and resets codes for engine/abs/srs/transmission system.
- [Full OBDII Functions Code Reader]----LAUNCH CRP123 scan tool supports all 10 modes of OBDII standard to ensure complete, accurate, system diagnosis. Read and Clear DTCs, do smog tests , I/M readiness and O2 sensor tests, Mode 06 EVAP system test, Mode 08 on-board test component test. And OBDII Code lookup tool and acronym database to assist and speed diagnosis and repair time.
- [Live Data Graphing + Read/Record/Playback Data stream + Lifetime Free Update] Live Data Graphing ,more intuitive to know your vehicle’s problem. Large size Color Screen; Print Function; Print the diagnose result easily; With user manual and register & update tutorial video uploaded in the link by us, you can look up it anytime by ONE-CLICK. Lifetime free update by windows.
- [Extensive Vehicle Coverage + 9 Languages]----The LAUNCH CRP123 reads data from ENGINE, TRANSMISSION, ABS and SRS systems from Asian, US and European manufacturers. Coverage includes Suzuki, Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Toyota, Mazda, Hyundai, Kia, Subaru, Infiniti, Lexus, Acura, Isuzu, Ford, GM, Chrysler, Benz, BMW, VW, Opel, Volvo, Fiat, Land Rover, Seat, Skoda, Audi, Porsche, Saab, Jaguar and many others. Support 9 different languages.
- B800 Airbag Scan/Reset Tool work for BMW between 1994 and 2003, This is a very easy to use tool that comes with instruction manual to help you diagnose problems.
- Models available for most BMWs built between 1994 and 2003 - Displays all SRS fault codes, tells you what's wrong.
- SRS airbag light reset tool for BMW,Reset the dashboard SRS airbag light within seconds.
- Note: B800 can not work for 2001 BMW 330i.
- Package contents: 1 x B800 SRS Scanner And Resetter Tool for BMW(DCVS2745YL/DE) 1 x OBD-II to 20 Pin Adapter Cable 1 x Instruction Manual.
- 【IMPORTANT NOTICE】 We have discovered a bug in our app that has been affecting users since early November that is causing some users unable to scan ABS, SRS, and other OEM features as it should. We're happy to announce that it has now been resolved. Please update the device via RS2 and please make sure to not drive your vehicle while updating the device.
- 【Fix With Confidence】 Scan and diagnose DTCs with pinpoint accuracy through Innova’s car code reader. Get real solutions for your car’s specific make and model verified by ASE Master Technicians.
- 【Easy Application】 Download our free app RepairSolutions2 in the App Store or Google Play Store. Innova’s in-app features will tell you exactly what the problem is and how to properly diagnose it with professional advice.
- 【Modern Features】 Get access to professional features such as an all system scan normally available only on high-end scanners. Read and clear ABS, SRS, check engine light, and more fault codes. Reset oil lights, view brake pad life, oil life, tire pressures, and transmission temps.
- 【Live Data】 Monitor your vehicle’s health in real time. Understand on-going issues as well as expected future problems such as oil change and maintenance schedules.
- 【ABS & SRS Scan Tool 】 Help you diagnose issues with both anti-lock braking system (ABS) and internal airbag system (SRS); test their sensors, valves, or solenoids; and keep track of any threats in real time to prevent unexpected damage with these 2 essential safety systems, which a normal OBD2 scanner cannot do. Compatible with GM, Nissan, Fiat, Benz, Volvo, LandRover, BMW, USAFord.
- 【3 Reset Services 】Easy to set up 3 regular reset services for Oil Light, Battery Management System, and Steering Angle Position. With this diagnostic tool, you can reset the oil service light and reset pre-programmed mileage intervals for energy efficiency; adjust or reset the steering angle position to keep steering aligned; and clear the original low battery fault information. No need to leave home for shop-quality car maintenance.
- 【All OBD2 Test Modes 】 Quickly tell you the exact cause behind the check engine warning light. This ABS & SRS scan tool is also a fully-featured obd2 code reader; can read/clear engine light codes, show live data, and do I/M readiness test ... to solve emission issues, and help pass smog test for most post-1996 OBD2/CAN vehicles. Plus, it has the now-popular DTC lookup library to save searching repair materials online.
- 【User-Oriented 】 Physically, you will like the feel of this obd2 scanner with the black rubber grip thing all around the outside edge. Durable enough to stand the accidental drop. Thanks to its easily accessible menu, you can operate all functions in minutes, with the press of a few buttons. 3-color LEDs intuitively indicate if everything's good, there's a warning, or there's a serious issue. There’s even an LED integrated into the connector port so you can hook it up in darkness.
- 【Worry-Free Purchase 】 You can update this scan tool through an internet USB to have the latest software for its optimized performance, with no extra costs throughout all its using life. We offer you 1-year quality backup period with 30-day unconditional return & replacement policy. TOPDON offers reliable customer support on Facebook during weekdays. Search “TOPDON Official” on Facebook and contact us via message. Multilingual Menu: EN, FR, ES, DE, IT, RU, PT, and JP.
- 【ABS & SRS Diagnoses + Active Test for ABS SRS】LAUNCH CR629 scan tool can do advanced Bidirectional Control (active test), read vehicle version information, read/clear DTCs, and read graphic live data stream for ABS SRS modules. Utilizing the active test can detect the hidden problems when you see the related warning light of ABS SRS systems. 📌NOTE: This launch obd2 scanner currently supports ACTIVE TEST for 20 car brands. Please contact us to check the compatibility before purchase.
- 【3 Reset Services】This automotive scanner LAUNCH CR629 provides 3 reset services: Oil reset, SAS reset and BMS Reset, helping to keep your car running smoothly. ➤Oil Reset: To reset the oil life each time you have the oil and oil filter changed. ➤SAS Reset: To perform a calibration of the steering angle sensor following a wheel alignment or installation of a suspension or steering part. ➤BMS Reset. 📌Please contact us to check the vehicle compatibility for reset services before purchase.
- 【OBD2 Full Functions + Support 10000+ Vehicle】 Come with 10 modes of OBD2 tests (including Read/Clear codes, View Freeze Frame Data, O2 Sensor Test, Evap Test, etc.), LAUNCH CR629 obd2 scanner tells you the exact problem behind the check engine warning light, solve emission issues, and help pass smog test for most post-1996 OBD2/CAN vehicles. This ABS SRS scan tool supports ABS & SRS diagnoses for 42 car brands. 22 Car brands for BMS reset, 53 brands for oil reset, and 41 brands for SAS reset.
- 【User-friendly + Live Data Stream】 LAUNCH CR629 car code reader is specially designed with the following features ➤3.5 inch large LCD color display. ➤3 hot keys（F1/F2/F3）to access to the target interface directly with ONE CLICK. ➤DTC Lookup to identify a code’s meaning directly. No google research needed! ➤PC Printing to print the information out after PC connection. ➤Review data records historical DTCs, data streams and freeze frame data, which is convenient to view at any time.
- 【5 Years Warranty + Lifetime Free Update+ 8 Languages】 This original Launch OBD2 scanner CR629 is backed up by Launch official after-sale services with 5-year warranty, available 60-days return & replacement policy. This car code scanner supports English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Italian. If you have any problem, you can contact us freely via customer service email or message us on Amazon.
- 🔔【Oil/SAS/Throttle Reset】Significant benefits!! ☑️With the same cost, since October 2022, Add New 3 reset functions. Launch CRP123E code reader car diagnostic tool with reset including Oil /SAS/Throttle Reset to maintain your vehicle systems safely and efficiently. One-Click "Upgrade" operation to obtain 3 special reset functions.
- 🎉【2022 New Elite Version, Upgraded Of FOXWELL Car Scanner NT604 Elite/ANCEL FX2000/CRP123】 LAUNCH CRP123E obd2 scanner can check ABS/SRS/AT/ENG systems & 10 OBD2 modes, read and clear fault codes,💡Online Google Search, 4 IN 1 Graphing ，Stores and playbacks dynamic data stream, helps to quick analysis and diagnosis. what's more, you can generate a vehicle health report by one-click and share to your email via Wifi which can help avoid blind maintenance, offer solution, save time and money.
- ☑️【ABS/SRS/Engine/Transmission Diagnostic Tool +Battery Voltage Test& AUTOVIN】Wi-Fi one click update +Battery Voltage Test +Auto Vin+Record History; One-click wifi update and free for fixing more bugs; Realtime battery voltage graphing helps to Judge the state of the battery; Auto Vin, facilitate accurate diagnosis and provide useful information; Save the historical diagnosis report, replay the data flow, and provide you with useful parameters to prevent unnecessary repair
- 🔔【One to one Technical feedback and support】 Base on cloud server of launch，the “feedback function” can get the professional guidance of Launch Engineer.An excellent choice for family car owners. No extra paid updates, keep your diagnostic software updated and coverage increased, saving you even more money. 🎁Great Gift Idea For Every Car Owner💡Fast 7.0 Android💡16GB Memory💡5" touch HD screen💡6100mAh Rechargeable Battery
- 🎁【5-Year Warranty &10 Language Free To Use】 Launch CRP123E scan tool supports 10 languages. Choose your native language without encountering any sort of language barrier--English, French, Spanish, German, Russian, Korean, Japanese, Portuguese, Italian, Traditional Chinese. 🚩5 YEARs Warranty 🚩Conact seller to get Free Gift 🚩Fast delivery by Amazon
Last update on 2022-11-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.