January 15, 2020 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 20V018000
An inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 20V018
Manufacturer BMW of North America, LLC
Components AIR BAGS
Potential Number of Units Affected 292,948
BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2000-2005 323iT, 325iT, 325xiT, 320i, 323i, 325i, 325xi, 328i, 330i and 330xi and 2000-2006 323Ci, 325Ci, 328Ci, 330Ci, M3 Coupe, 323Cic, 325Cic, 330Cic, and M3 Convertible vehicles equipped with non-desiccated frontal Takata PSAN inflators and PSPI passenger frontal air bag inflators containing phase stabilized ammonium nitrate (PSAN) propellant that were used as interim remedy parts for previous Takata recalls. These inflators may explode due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to high absolute humidity, high temperatures, and high temperature cycling.
BMW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the passenger’s front air bag, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin March 6, 2020. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
SIB 65 01 20
RECALL CAMPAIGN 20V-018: REPLACE PASSENGER’S FRONT AIR BAG MODULE
This Service Information Bulletin (Revision 1) replaces SI B65 01 20 dated January 2020.
What’s New (Specific text highlighted):
- Warranty Information
|E-Series||Model Description||Model Years||Production Dates|
|E46||3 Series||2000 to 2006||February 25,1999 – August 28, 2006|
Vehicles which require this Recall Campaign to be completed will show it as Open” when checked either in AIR, the Service Menu of DCSnet (Dealer Communication System), ISPA Next or Warranty Vehicle Inquiry.
This recall is for vehicles which have already had the passenger front air bag replaced as part of a previous interim remedy recall repair. With this recall repair, we are installing the final remedy part.
OTHER AIR BAG-RELATED FAULTS AND REPAIRS
This Recall applies to an operational passenger’s front air bag. The issue addressed will not cause an air bag (SRS) malfunction light to illuminate. It will also not prevent the system from deploying in a front-end collision.
However, a recalled vehicle can arrive at your center with an air bag malfunction light illuminated.
It is important to notify the customer that diagnosing other air bag-related system issues may be required and this diagnosis and corresponding repair work, if needed, is not covered by this Recall.
In this case, replacing the passenger’s front air bag module will not correct the other fault code(s).
Replace the passenger’s front air bag module.
Make sure to note on the repair order any observed damage to the interior of the vehicle prior to any repair.
See Repair Instructions REP 72 12 000, “Remove and refit/replace the air bag unit”, or follow the attached repair procedure.
The only parts allowed to be installed in this repair are the part numbers supplied in the PARTS INFORMATION section.
The replacement air bag module’s serial number must be documented on the repair order so it can also be entered into the claim’s comment section.
- The serial number is identified below by the red box (1).
- The last 7 digits of the part number is identified below by the green box (2).
Warning! Incorrect handling may result in triggering of the air bag module and thereby cause serious injury.
- Comply with safety regulations for handling components with gas generators.
- Do not exert any force on the air bag module.
- Use only specified tools for releasing the air bag module.
Please monitor the Parts Matrix and DCS messages for the parts ordering procedure
Only use and invoice the part numbers below that apply.
Performing a part number look-up in ETK (EPC) by VIN or model in place of using/invoicing the following part numbers may result with the wrong part numbers being invoiced and installed, this could delay the payment of claim.
|72 12 6 998 949||Passenger’s front air bag module (final remedy part)||1|
|51 45 8 146 760||Retaining element||1|
|07 11 9 905 374||M8 self-locking collar nut||2|
The nuts and fasteners may already be in stock at your center, so please only include these parts in your order when they are needed.
PARTS RETENTION AND RETURN
Recalled parts that are removed from BMW vehicles cannot be used for resale!
The parts replaced to perform and submit for this Recall repair procedure are the property of BMW NA.
Your center is responsible for the proper identification, storage and documentation of these parts. They must be held in a secure retention area until notification of claim payment is made by BMW NA through DCSnet.
Upon claim payment, a DCSnet part return tag will be generated for the passenger’s front air bag module with special handling instructions.
- Please DO NOT return these recalled air bag modules directly to Lightning Resources or the WPRC.
Inflatable air bags are classified as dangerous goods by the Department of Transportation (DOT) and require special preparation, packing and labeling for transport.
Your center is responsible for following all rules and regulations that apply to shipping dangerous goods as described in the attachment.
A shipping procedure has been created for returning the replaced air bag modules directly to Takata. There is also a procedure available for Bulk Shipping 15 or more air bag modules at one time to Takata.
These procedures are contained in the Part Return Program Instructions and Bulk Ship PDF attachments to this bulletin; please read both. Effective immediately, please use the following email address when scheduling bulk shipment returns to Takata:
The parts are to be packaged in the same packaging that the new part arrived in for shipment back to Takata.
The returns pickup schedule has been changed from weekly to every two weeks (bi-weekly).
Reimbursement for this Recall will be via normal claim entry utilizing the following information together with the part numbers specified above:
The vehicle is already in the workshop
|Work Pkg||Labor Operation||Description (Plus work)||Labor Allowance|
|# 1||00 68 885||Replacing airbag module front-seat passenger||5 FRU|
The vehicle arrives at your center and this Recall Campaign shows open (No other Main work will be performed/claimed during this workshop visit)
|Work Pkg||Labor Operation||Description (Main work)||Labor Allowance|
|# 2||00 68 286||Replacing airbag module front-seat passenger||6 FRU|
Claim Repair Comments
Only reference the SIB number and the work package (Pkg) number performed in the RO technician notes and in the claim comments (For example: B65 01 20 WP 1), unless otherwise required by State law.
The serial number of the air bag module must be entered in the comment field of the claim submission application. The claim will be rejected if the serial number is missing from the claim submission entry.
Reimbursement of Prior Customer-Pay Repairs (TREAD Act)
With this Technical Campaign, a prior repair reimbursement is not likely. Typically, a customer would have their driver’s front air bag module replaced as a result of an accident. In such a case, either an insurance company or the customer themselves, paid for the replacement of the above-mentioned air bag module in conjunction with the accident repairs. Such cases are not covered by this campaign and are not entitled to reimbursement.
Mobile Assistance – Off Site Repair
For centers that qualify, this Recall repair is eligible to be performed and submitted as a Mobile Assistance Off-Site Repair which includes an additional labor allowance.
Qualifying BMW centers are those that currently own and operate a Mobile Assistance Program vehicle. Other centers that may qualify are those have officially registered their interest in conducting mobile service and mobile assistance work for the BMW Roadside Assistance Program.
If you have not already registered, please send an email with contact information to [email protected].
Additional information can be found in the Mobile Assistance program guide in CenterNet, it is located under the Customer Relations menu. Claim – Labor Reimbursement
When a vehicle is eligible for this Recall repair and it is performed under this program, qualifying centers will be reimbursed for the corresponding labor operation’s published KSD2 flat rate unit (FRU) allowance at a of rate of 150 percent. This mobile assistance repair work is subject to the same policy and procedures that apply to the warranty repair work being performed in your workshop.
Time Control and Documentation
While repair-specific punch times are not necessary for this repair work being performed on a vehicle off-site (outside your center), the on-call technician must still punch on the corresponding repair order (electronic or manual) prior to leaving your BMW center when he or she is dispatched. The technician must punch off the repair order upon their return to your center.
In cases where the technician is out on the road for an extended period of time (for example, on multiple calls), only one on/off punch time is required.
In addition to the Takata Air Bag Recall repair order line item, please open an additional line item as describe below:
|Defect Code:||85820269TK||Takata Recall – Mobile Assistance Off-Site Repair|
|65 99 000||Additional labor allowance to perform off-site repair through Mobile Assistance||# FRU*|
*Labor Calculation Example
If the special flat rate labor for the Takata Air Bag Recall has a stated allowance of 6 FRU, applying the rate of 150 percent, this repair will be reimbursed at a total of 9 FRU as a Mobile Assistance off-site repair:
- Claim the additional 3 FRU or the applicable additional FRU amount using the defect code and labor operation provided above.
- Round up half flat rate units when applicable.
- Identify this line time as Additional labor for a Mobile Assistance off-site repair.
- Itemize the additional labor claimed and explain the repair performed on the repair order and in claim comment section.
- Labor operation code 65 99 000 is not considered a Main labor operation.
Supporting Materials picture_as_pdf B650120 Recall Notice.pdf picture_as_pdf B650120_20V-018_Customer_Letter.pdf picture_as_pdf B650120_Parts_Return_Program_Instructions.pdf picture_as_pdf B650120_Parts_Bulk_Ship_Return.pdf picture_as_pdf B650120_20V-018_E46 PAB QA_14Jan2020.pdf picture_as_pdf B650120_Repair_Instruction.pdf
SAFETY RECALL NOTICE
To: All Center Operators, Sales Managers, Service Manager, Parts Manager and Warranty Processor
RE: Recall 20V-018: Replace Passenger’s Front Air Bag Module – B65 01 20
Please be reminded that it is a violation of federal law (The Safety Act) for you to sell, lease or deliver any new motor vehicle covered by this notification until the recall repair has been performed. This means that centers may not legally deliver new motor vehicles to consumers until they are fixed or use/sell replacement equipment/parts subject to this recall. Note also that substantial civil penalties apply to violations of the Safety Act.
Also, you should not sell, lease or deliver any Certified Pre-Owned or used vehicles subject to a safety recall until the repair is completed.
Please follow any special instructions that we provide to you for the return or disposition of recall parts.
We appreciate all your assistance with this Recall.
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL – Final Remedy Available
This notice applies to your vehicle, [INSEINSERT VIN]
Recall Campaign No. 20V-018: Passenger’s Air Bag Module
Dear BMW Owner / Lessee:
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. BMW AG has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in certain Model Year 2000-2006 BMW 3 Series vehicles.
Why are we contacting you?
Our records indicate that your vehicle may have had an interim (“like-for-like”) passenger’s air bag module repair performed under a previous air bag recall before final remedy parts were available. We are pleased to inform you that the final remedy is now available. Please contact your nearest authorized BMW Center (www.bmwusa.com/dealer) immediately to schedule an appointment to have this important free repair performed as soon as possible.
What could happen?
In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the passenger’s air bag, excessive internal pressure could cause the air bag to explode, resulting in metal fragments striking the passenger or other occupants potentially resulting in serious injury or death. If you are not the only driver of this vehicle, please advise all other drivers and passengers of this important information.
What will BMW do?
Your vehicle will be inspected to confirm the type of passenger’s air bag module/inflator that is currently installed. The inspection will be performed for FREE. If it is confirmed that your vehicle contains a “like-forlike” air bag module/inflator, it will be replaced with a final remedy part. This FREE repair will take about three hours.
There are a few options to help overcome the inconvenience of bringing your vehicle in for service, if needed. Contact your local BMW center to check what is available.
If you already had this repair performed at your own expense, please see the attachment regarding possible eligibility for reimbursement.
What if I am not the current owner of this vehicle?
You can update the vehicle ownership or your contact information by completing the enclosed postage-paid card or by registering at http://www.bmwusa.com/myBMW. If you are a vehicle lessor, Federal Regulations require you to forward this notice to your lessee within ten days.
What if I have questions or experience problems?
Should you have any questions about this recall, visit www.bmwusa.com/recall to read FAQs or contact your authorized BMW center. If you need additional assistance, contact BMW Customer Relations and Services by calling 1-800-525-7417 or via email at [email protected].
If your BMW center is unable to remedy the defect without charge or within a reasonable period of time, you may notify the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, DC 20590, call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153), or go to http://www.safercar.gov.
Please be assured that your safety is important to us, and we sincerely apologize if this recall causes any inconvenience. We recommend that you and your passengers wear your seat belt at all times.
BMW of North America, LLC
|Q1.||Which models are included in this Safety Recall Campaign?|
|Q2.||Which inflator is affected? |
This recall is for vehicles which have already had the Takata PSPI passenger front air bag replaced as part of a previous recall.
|Q3.||Why are other BMW models not included? |
Other vehicles have frontal air bags that were produced or repaired with different inflators.
|Q4.||Why is this recall just coming out now? |
The recall schedule follows the guidelines published by NHTSA in the May 2016 amended Takata Recall Coordinated Remedy Order.
|Q5.||If I had my passenger front air bag module replaced prior, do I need to have it replaced again?|
Yes. This final replacement part is ammonium–nitrate free. Please contact your authorized BMW center immediately to schedule an appointment to have this important free repair performed as soon as possible.
|Q6.||What is difference between the interim and the final repair?|
The final repair incorporates a newly designed and tested replacement inflator with guanidine nitrate-based propellant.
The interim repair was an inflator with ammonium nitrate-based propellant.
|Q7.||What is the fix? |
The passenger front air bag module will be replaced.
|Q8.||How long will the repair take? |
This FREE repair may take about an hour; however, additional time may be required depending upon your BMW center’s schedule.
|Q9.||How will I be notified of this recall? |
You will receive a letter by the beginning of March via First Class mail, advising you of this recall. To ensure BMW of North America, LLC has your most recent contact and vehicle information, please register your vehicle at http://www.bmwusa.com/myBMW. Registration is free, and will give you access to factory initiated campaigns and other information specific to your BMW vehicle.
|Q10.||Do I have to wait for my letter in order to have my vehicle serviced? |
|Q11.||What options are available if it is too inconvenient for me to bring my vehicle to a BMW center for service?|
There are a few options to help overcome the inconvenience of bringing your vehicle in for service like mobile repair, alternate transportation, pickup/drop-off, dealer events and towing. Contact your local BMW center to check what is available.
|General Takata Questions|
|Q12.||What is the specific concern? |
Takata’s investigation to date indicates that exposure to certain environmental conditions (several years of exposure to persistent conditions of high absolute humidity) could lead to overly aggressive combustion in the event of air bag deployment.
|Q13.||What is desiccant? |
Put simply, desiccant is a substance with properties that enable it to soak up water vapor from the air surrounding it.
|Q14.||What can happen as a result of this issue? |
In a crash where the air bag deploys, the air bag inflator housing may rupture and could cause metal fragments to pass through the air bag cushion material, which may result in injury or death to vehicle occupants.
|Q15.||Is it possible to find out whether the problem exists in my car? |
|Q16.||How did BMW become aware of this issue? |
|Q17.||Can I continue to drive my vehicle? |
Yes. However, you should have this service performed by an authorized BMW center as soon as possible. If you are not the only driver of this vehicle, please advise all other drivers of this important information.
|Q18.||I did not receive a letter from BMW regarding my vehicle. How can I find out if my BMW is included in this recall? |
You can check for open recalls a few different ways. You can check for open recalls by entering your vehicle identification number (VIN) at www.bmwusa.com/recall and download a sample owner notification letter and Q&A if your VIN is affected. You can also call or visit your local BMW center’s service department to determine if your BMW is affected. Make sure to update your contact information by registering at http://www.bmwusa.com/myBMW.
|Q19.||What if I am not the current owner of this vehicle? |
B65 01 20 – E46 Passenger’s Air Bag Module February 2020
BMW / MINI BULK SHIPMENT PACKAGE REFERENCE GUIDE
1. Contact Takata:
– Dealers must contact Takata/XPO once every 2 weeks to schedule BULK and SINGLE recall airbag component
o Email: [email protected]
o Phone: 210-250-5079
– Takata/XPO will select the return type (bulk or single) based on the shipping quantities (LTL or FedEx PRP), and will
supply the dealer with the proper shipping documentation.
o If Takata instructs you to return the recall airbag components as a BULK SHIPMENT, please follow the
instructions outlined below.
o If Takata instructs you to return the recall airbag components as a SINGLE SHIPMENT, please follow the
instructions provided by Takata.
Place the recall airbag components neatly on a pallet,
and securely shrink-wrap them to the pallet.
Note: The total height of the pallet and boxes
cannot exceed 60 inches.
Securely attach the following labels on each
side of the shrink-wrapped pallet.
o Class 9 Label
o UN3268 Safety Device *
o OVERPACK USED *
*You can print these labels on letter
size white paper, using Microsoft Word.
For any other questions or concerns, please contact the WPRC: [email protected]
NOTE: The information outlined in this document pertains to dealers within the Contiguous 48 States.
Dealers in Puerto Rico, the Hawaiian Islands, and Alaska CANNOT follow the shipping instructions outlined in this document; they
MUST contact the following Takata USA representative(s) directly, once every 2 weeks, for shipping instructions:
– Dealers in Puerto Rico, please contact: [email protected]
– Dealers in the Hawaiian Islands, please contact: [email protected]
Please make sure to include the required completed Hawaiian Hazardous Materials Shipping Certificate.
– Dealers in Alaska, please contact : [email protected]
Important: please be aware that there is an underscore ( _ ) in the above Alaska email address,
between the words “Restraints” and “International”.
Or call the Alaskan Representative; Armando Gonzales at 210-250-5039.
B65 01 20 – E46 Passenger’s Air Bag Module February 2020
Defect Code: 00 72 11 02 00
Safety Device Return Procedure for Airbag Recall
DO NOT USE THE “1.4 LABEL” AND DO NOT
FOLLOW ANY INSTRUCTIONS FOUND INSIDE
THE REPLACEMENT AIRBAG MODULE’S BOX.
DISREGARD THOSE INSTRUCTIONS AND DO
NOT RELABEL THE ORIGINAL BOX THAT WILL
NOW BE USED FOR RETURNING THE
• As the shipper, your center is responsible for proper packaging and
• The person packaging the airbag(s) must have received the Hazardous
Material training per 49CFR 172.702. Those training records must be on
file at your center.
• The U.S. Department of Transportation (“DOT”) will impose substantial
fines and/or penalties on the shipper if the packaging, labeling, or
documentation is not properly prepared and the customer’s (center)
copy of the OP 900PRP form is not kept on file for a minimum of two (2)
B65 15 13 :13V-172 – E46 Passenger’s Air Bag Module
CAMPAIGN DOF – CONTIGUOUS 48 STATE FEDEX GROUND SHIPMENT PREPARATION
As the shipper, you are responsible for proper packing and document completion. The person packaging
the module must have received hazardous material training per 49CFR 172.702, and the training records
must be on file at your dealership. The U.S. Department of Transportation will impose substantial fines
and/or penalties on the shipper if the packaging, labeling, or documentation is not properly prepared and
Customer Copy of OP 900PRP form is not kept on file for a minimum of 2 years.
IMPORTANT: Do not deploy the safety device. The person packing the used safety device must read and follow
the provided instructions.
• Dealers must contact Takata/XPO once every 2 weeks to schedule BULK and SINGLE recall
airbag component shipments. Takata/XPO will select the return type (bulk or single) based on the
shipping quantities (LTL or FedEx PRP), and will supply the dealer with the proper shipping
Email: [email protected]
NOTE: Dealers in Puerto Rico, the Hawaiian Islands, and Alaska CANNOT follow the shipping instructions
outlined in this document; they MUST contact the following Takata USA representative(s) directly, once every 2
weeks, for shipping instructions:
• Dealers in Puerto Rico, please contact: [email protected]
• Dealers in the Hawaiian Islands, please contact: [email protected]
Please make sure to include the required completed Hawaiian Hazardous Materials
• Dealers in Alaska, please contact: [email protected]
Important: please be aware that there is an underscore ( _ ) in the above Alaska email
address, between the words “Restraints” and “International”.
Or call the Alaskan Representative; Armando Gonzales at 210-250-5039
For any other questions or concerns, please contact the WPRC: [email protected]
B65 01 20 Repair Instruction February 2020
Make a note of the new airbag module
serial number prior to installation. The
serial number for the new airbag module
must be entered in the comment box in the
warranty application. Ensure that you enter
the serial number without any blank
spaces. Otherwise, it is not possible to
uniquely assign the number.
REP 72 12 000: Removing and replacing airbag module on passenger’s side
Necessary preliminary tasks:
• We cannot rule out that the retaining straps of the airbag lid have been damaged by airbag
deployment. Note before repair if there is any damage.
• We cannot guarantee correct function of the retaining straps when reusing a possibly damaged
airbag lid. Inspect the lid before repair.
• Insert special tool 00 9 321 at the
side and with the second special
tool 00 9 321 next to the retaining pin.
• Unclip the decorative strip (1).
B65 01 20 Repair Instruction January 2020
• Loosen the screws (1).
• Withdraw the fresh air grill (2) in the
direction of the arrow.
• Position of the retaining clip of the
front passenger’s airbag cover
• Lever out the front passenger’s airbag
The retaining clip remains in the
dashboard when removing the cover.
B65 01 20 Repair Instruction January 2020
• Undo the screws (1) and place the
front passenger’s airbag cover (2) on
• Tightening torque for the retaining
straps for the cover, passenger’s
airbag module on the instrument
panel carrier: 9 Nm
• Undo the screws (1) at the front
passenger’s airbag module.
• Tightening torque for the passenger’s
airbag module on the instrument panel
carrier: M8 nut, 22 Nm
• Pull off the retaining tube (1) from the
stud bolt (2) and completely remove
the cover (3).
• Remove and replace the passenger’s
side airbag module.
B65 01 20 Repair Instruction January 2020
Do not tension the cable when removing the
front passenger’s airbag module (1)!
When lift front passenger’s airbag module (1)
and move sideways:
– Open the lock by pressing on the tab (2).
– Disconnect the plug connection (3).
– Remove the front passenger’s airbag module
Follow up work:
The front passenger’s airbag cover (3) must
engage into the all-round groove (1) of the
dashboard with the lug (2).
The additional retaining lug at the front
passenger’s airbag cover must engage in the
retaining clip of the dashboard trim panel.
Final work after installing the new module:
B65 01 20 Repair Instruction January 2020
• Reinstall the wood trim.
• Reconnect the battery.
• Check faults and the airbag light.
95 Affected Products
8 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 Report
Recall 573 Report
Recall 573 Report
Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Broadcast Message re BMW AG 3 New Takata Recalls (Effective Today, January 16, 2020)
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Latest Recalls Documents
1 Associated Investigation
The Office of Defects Investigation (ODI) opened PE14-016 in June 2014 based on six inflator rupture incidents involving consumer owned vehicles produced by five vehicle manufacturers. All six vehicles were operated in Florida or Puerto Rico at the time of the rupture and for the majority of their service life, and were equipped with inflators produced by Takata, a tier-one supplier of automotive air bag systems.
During the course of PE14-016, ODI determined that five additional vehicle manufacturers used inflators of a similar design and vintage also supplied by Takata. No evidence of field failures was found in vehicles produced by these five additional manufacturers. Nonetheless, at ODI’s insistence, all 10 vehicle manufacturers initiated a regional recall within approximately two weeks of the opening of the investigation. The regions recalled initially included Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, areas with high absolute humidity and climatic conditions believed to be a significant factor in the inflator ruptures. As part of the recall actions, inflators removed from remedied vehicles are to be returned to Takata for testing.
Takata’s initial test results on passenger inflators from remedied vehicles indicated a much higher than anticipated rupture frequency for inflators returned from Florida. Accordingly ODI requested all 10 manufacturers expand the regional recalls for passenger inflators to include other geographic areas where high absolute humidity conditions exist, including the Gulf States and other coastal areas. Takata’s testing of the passenger inflators to date continues to indicate this geographic area as having the highest risk, with no ruptures occurring from inflators returned from outside the expanded recall regions. During PE14-016 four additional passenger inflator field events occurred, all in vehicles from the same expanded geographic region.
Also during PE14-016 four additional driver inflator field events occurred including two in vehicles from regions not known for high absolute humidity, specifically California and North Carolina. Accordingly, ODI requested all five of the affected vehicle manufacturers currently using the subject Takata driver inflators expand to nationwide recalls. Significantly, neither of the affected vehicle manufacturers or Takata provided any explanation to account for these two driver air bag inflator ruptures outside the area of high absolute humidity. Takata testing of returned driver inflators indicates a lower rupture frequency as compared to passenger inflator testing. All test ruptures reported by Takata to date have occurred on inflators returned from high absolute humidity areas.
The investigation now includes all manufacturers and vehicles known to be affected at this time. ODI’s investigation will focus on, among other things, root cause analysis, other potential defect consequences, identification of affected vehicles scope, and adequacy of the remedy.
The five ODI reports cited above can be reviewed online at http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchNHTSAID under the following identification numbers: 10537899, 10568848, 10585224, 10605877, 10651492
- 【ABS/SRS Diagnostic Functions】The ABS/SRS diagnostic function is used to retrieve and clear codes from the vehicle’s ABS/SRS systems. It also provides the definition of each code to help diagnose problem areas within the systems that may cause the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) to turn on.Diagnoses ABS/ SRS system codes on most 1996 and newer major vehicle models. Only this Autel Support can you contact: ▲[email protected]▲
- 【OBD II Diagnostics Function 】The OBD II Diagnostics function is a fast-access option that allows you to carry out a quick test on the engine system of OBD II vehicles.Read Codes,Erase Codes,Live Data,Freeze Frame,Retrieving I/M Readiness Status,O2 Monitor Test,On-Board Monitor Test,Component Test,Viewing Vehicle Information,Modules Present,DTC Lookup.
- 【Easy To Perform AbsSrs】Please follow these steps to finish ABS/SRS system diagnostic testing procedure:1. Turn the ignition on but do not start the engine.2. Turn on the scan tool and wait for the Main Screen to appear.3. Select AbsSrs icon in the Main Screen.4. Select a specific vehicle manufacture’s regional coverage.From the vehicle make screen, select a specific vehicle manufacture and press OK button.
- 【Wide Vehicle Coverage】Supports more than 80 US, Asian and European vehicles,,, including Acura, Audi, Bentley, Benz, BMW, Bugatti, Chrysler, Ford, EU Ford, GM, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Isuzu, Jaguar, Kia, Land Rover, Lexus, Maybach, Mazda, Mini, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Opel, Porsche, Saab, Scion, Seat, Skoda, Smart, Sprinter, Suzuki, Toyota, Vauxhall, Volvo, Volkswagen, Renault, Peugeot, Lancia, Fiat, Dacia, Citroen, Alfa, Abarth.
- 【About Software Update】Free lifetime software updates is available for AL619.Download the newest software anytime. NOTE: Only contact us can you get support▲[email protected]▲. Don't need contact Autel US support, warranty provided by seller. Before purchasing, please provide VIN to confirm compatibility.
- 📀【ABS&SAS&SRS SCANNER】FOXWELL NT630 Plus ABS & Airbag OBD2 scanner does not only provides accurate and professional diagnosis of ABS/SRS/SAS faults , but also removes air from the internal brake fluid chambers after servicing the brakes. 👉TIPS: It can not remove airbag crash data or collision data.
- 📀【ABS BLEEDING SCAN TOOL】Anytime the brake system is opened to replace components such as calipers, wheel cylinders, the master cylinder, or brake lines or hoses, air gets inside. The air has to be removed by bleeding the brakes if you want a firm brake pedal. You can use this diagnostic scanner to help bleed the brake, cycling the pump and valves during the bleeding process.
- 📀【ACTIVE TEST】The OBD scan tool temporarily allow you to active or control ABS/Airbag system and component, including switches, sensors, relays& actuators. It saving your time and labor costs.
- 📀【PERFECT COMPATIBILITY】The diagnostic scanner for automobiles is compatible with almost all OBDII cars, SUVs, minivans, light-duty trucks sold worldwide, Which makes it suitable for both mechanic and DIYers. ABS and SRS Coverage for 60+ Vehicle Makes. SAS calibration is on 30+ selected make.
- 📀【UPGRADE AND NO WORRIES】The update tool FoxAssist allows you update& uninstall software, save & print data, gaining more available vehicle models and language on the original basis free lifetime. And there is a technical assistance for timely and effectively solving the quality problem within 24 Hours.
- 【EASY ABS/SRS DIAGNOSIS】: The obd2 scanner diagnoses ABS/ SRS system codes on most 1996 and newer major vehicle models. Turns off Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) and ABS/SRS warning lights, clears codes and resets monitors. Note: For double check, please contact us through [email protected], we will check the vehicle compatibility for you.
- 【EXTENSIVE VEHICLE COVERAGE】: The scan tool works on most 1996 and newer vehicles (OBDII & CAN) including GM, Ford, Chrysler, Volvo, VW, BMW, Mercedes, Toyota, Honda, Nissan,Hyundai, Kia, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Peugeot, Citroen, Fiat, Renault, Land rover, Jaguar
- 【WIDE CODES DIAGNOSIS】: The vehicle code reader retrieves generic (P0, P2, P3 and U0), manufacturer specific (P1, P3 and U1) codes and pending codes
- 【GRAPH LIVE DATA DISPLAY】: The diagnostic tool views freeze frame data; Reads, stores and playbacks live PCM data stream and live sensor data; Graphs data; Prints data via PC
- 【ONLINE UPDATE INCLUDED】: The obd2 scanner is Internet updatable and upgradable, we offer 12 months warranty insurance.
- Read and clear your Check Engine Light and all other vehicle systems. Get your unlimited free vehicle specific Repair Reports, generated from our database of millions of fixes verified by Professional Automotive Technicians
- As easy to use as a code reader with all the capabilities of an expensive handheld scan tool, plus the benefits of your smartphone or tablet (free app updates, portability, saving data, interactive graphing of live data)
- Officially licensed and certified for Apple and Android devices
- The BlueDriver App and BlueDriver Sensor work exclusively with each other to ensure quality
- BlueDriver is the Professional OBD2 Diagnostic Scan Tool trusted by mechanics and developed by Professional Engineers in North America
- 1⃣【 Check Engine/ABS/SRS/Transmission Diagnostic Scan Tool 】LAUNCH CRP123 OBD2 Scanner can test Engine, Transmission, ABS and Airbag four systems, also reads and resets code, displays data stream graphic, stores and playbacks dynamic data stream,helps to quick analysis and diagnosis.
- 2⃣【 Error Fault Code Reader 】Except the full 10 modes OBD2 diagnostic functions like, retrieving I/M readiness, Freeze Frame Data, Read Dynamic Data stream and Vehicle Information, O2 Sensor Test, EVAP Test of Fuel Tank System (Mode 8) and Advanced On-board Monitoring (Mode 6), launch crp123 obd2 scanner can not only reveal what error codes your car is producing, but also erase your vehicle’s check engine light after problem fixed, the DTC help and explanation also tell you the exact problem.
- 3⃣【 Find Your Vehicles Here】Launch CRP123 obd2 scanner Supports mainstream vehicles on the world like ACURA VW AUDI AUST FORD BENZ BMW CHRYSLER FIAT GM HOLDEN HONDA HYUNDAI INFINITI JAGUAR ISUZU KIA LANDROVER LEXUS MAZDA MITSUBISHI NISSAN OPEL PORSCHE SAAB SEAT SKODA SMART MERCEDES SPRINTER SUBARU SUZUKI SCION TOYOTA USA FORD VOLVO PEUGEOT CITROEN RENAULT EUROFORD.Etc.
- ⃣【 Live Data Graphing + Read/Record/Playback Data stream + Print diagnostic data 】※Live Data Graphing ,more intuitive to know your vehicle’s problem . ※ Large size Color Screen ;※ Print Function:Print the diagnose result easily; ※ with user manual and register & update tutorial video uploaded in the link by us, you can Look up it anytime by ONE-CLICK.
- ⚠【 Youtube influencer Mechanic Scotty Kilmer Strongly Recommend 】--Cardiag provides 5 YRS Warranty for any quality problem with a replacement or refund . What you get: 1x CRP123 obd2 scanner handset, 1x card reader, 1x TF card, 1x OBDII diagnostic cable, 1x USB cable, user manual, 1 set* car panel removal tool (Gift) .
- ABS SRS DIAGNOSIS: Autel AL609P OBDII Scanner can perform comprehensive diagnosis on ABS and SRS systems of OBD2/CAN compliant vehicles. This pro car diagnostic scanner reads and clears ABS, SRS codes and turns off ABS Airbag warning lights and reset monitors. NOTE: ABS SRS scan for AL609P is NOT universally compatible. Please send VIN number to [email protected] to check compatibility.
- AUTO VIN AND DEEPLY DIAGNOSIS FOR SPECIFIC VEHICLES: Autel AL609P Pro scan tool ONLY support following specific vehicles - Ford, GM, Chrysler, BMW, BENZ, VW, Land Rover, Jaguar, Volvo, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, KIA, HYUNDAI.
- COMPLETE OBD2 FUNCTIONS AND MORE: AL609P car scanner supports all 10 modes of OBD diagnostic functions including read and clear fault codes, view freeze frame data, retrieve I/M readiness to pass smog check, view live PID data of multiple sensors in text or graph, O2 Monitor Test, On-Board Monitor Test(Mode 6), Component Test to check EVAP system, Module Present and view vehicle information(VIN, CIN and CVN). This OBD2 Scan Tool comes with Auto VIN acquisition function for quick car diagnosis.
- TURN OFF CHECK ENGINE LIGHT: Autel AL609P Auto Diagnostic Scanner helps you determine why the Malfunction Indicator Light is on. With the DTC lookup and Code Breaker function of this car code reader, you can quickly figure out where and how bad is the problem and get tips about how to fix it. Never get ripped off by dealership again!
- DATA PRINTING AND FREE LIFETIME UPDATES: AL609P pro check engine code reader can read, record and playback diagnostic data and print data via windows-based PC. The car diagnostic tool comes with LIFETIME software updates and protected free from defects for 12 Months. If there are any questions or concerns, please contact [email protected] for REPLACEMENT or FULL REFUND within 30 Days. Purchase now and go fix something!
- 【Upgraded version of 2019】: This product has been on the market for more than 3 years, we have been constantly doing hardware and software optimization to ensure that the latest version is the best use. This automobile fault diagnosis instrument has two sets of systems, a full-functional OBD fault code diagnosis system and a detection and diagnosis system of ABS and SRS. Say goodbye to the high cost of car repair and waiting time, with professional diagnostic Tool, you are also a professional Dyer.
- 【Car ABS/SRS Diagnostic Tool for 24 Brands Vehicles】: CHRYSLER, USAFORD (NOT include EUFORD), GM, ACURA, AUDI, BENZ, BMW, CITROEN, HOLDEN, MINI, PEUGEOT, PORSCHE, SEAT, SKODA, VOLVO, VW, HONDA, HYUNDAI, INFINITI, KIA, LEXUS, MAZDA, NISSAN, TOYOTA.
- 【Full-function On-Board Diagnostics (OBD II) for all Car Models after 1996】: This OBD2 Scanner also has a lot of functions, including I/M monitor readiness test. turning off the MIL (check engine light) and ABS/SRS warning lights, viewing freeze frame data, O2 sensor test, reading and clearing DTCs, and more.
- 【Multilingual Menu and DTC Definitions】: It works with English, French, Spanish. Don't need any Battery or Charger, gets the power directly from the OBDII Data Link Connector in vehicle. High Compatibility Support full OBD2/EOBD protocols: ISO9141-2, ISO14230-4, SAEJ1850, ISO15765 -4.
- 【What You Get】: 1-year friendly customers' service and Lifetime Free Upgrade on top don. us to download the updating tool to register and upgrade the item. 1 * vehicle code reader; 1 * User's Manual; 1 * USB Cable; 1* TF card; 1* TF card reader.
- HIGH COMPATIBILITY: Does it fit your car? This Bluetooth cost-effective OBD2 scanner works on almost 1996 and newer OBDII-compliant vehicles. If there are any adaptability issues, please provide the model, VIN, etc. to [email protected] or Q&A.
- DIVERSE CHOICES: Want more options? This Autel AP200 APP is suitable for iPhone & Android, which can be lifetime free downloaded. It offers one FREE model and is available to buy extra models if needed ($21. 99 iOS / Android per model).
- POWERFUL FUNCTIONS: Where are our advantages? This Autel scanner is different from other OBD2 scanners. It not only is not limited to OBD2 functions but performs more functions such as accessing all available systems and common reset services.
- STABLE CONNECTION: Want to diagnose outside of the car? The BT4.2 connectivity makes this OBD2 scanner to be stable and easy to use. If there is a problem with the connection, welcome to contact us and the problem will be solved within 24 hours.
- HASSLE-FREE PURCHASE: Worry about quality? Autel AP200 offers 12-month warranty to against material and manufacturing defects. The lifelong free update ensures faster and more accurate diagnosis than before. NOTE: AP200 does not support tablet devices.
- 👍【ABS&SRS SYSTEM DIAGNOSIS + BMS&OIL&EPB RESET】 The OBD2 scanner supports reading/ clearing DTC, reading data stream for ABS and SRS system. In addition,BMS Reset can Effectively replacing the vehicle battery without visits to mechanics; oil reset helps reset the mileage to reduce the unnecessary problems; EPB reset helps users with Brake cable/ Brake pad replacement.【3 years reliable after-sales service.】
- 👍【ENHANCED 10 OBDII SCANNER FUNCTION】This scan tool can Read/Erase codes, retrieve I/M Readiness and freeze frame data, Patented One-Click Smog Check, show live data in the text and graph format, Auto VIN acquisition, O2 Sensor, EVAP Test (Mode 8), advanced On-board Monitoring (Mode 6). This code reader is suitable for DIYers to efficiently troubleshoot Check Engine Light and diagnostic trouble codes, fastly find out what problem is and perhaps fix it.
- 👍【WIDE RANGE DIAGNOSE SCANNER】 The ABS/SRS diagnoses of code scanner works on 46 vehicle brands from 2006-2016. Oil reset and EPB reset work on 40 car brands. Full OBD2 functions are suitable for most 1996 US-Based, 2001 EU-Based and newer vehicles. It reads common protocols such as ISO9141-2, ISO14230-4, SAEJ1850, and ISO15765-4 and support for 7 languages: English, Spanish, French, Russian, German, Portuguese, Japanese, which make it easy to use for different countries people.
- 👍【EASY TO OPERATE】The abs scanner via true color LCD display screen to indicates the test results , with the silicone keypad you can easy to access the each of menu options, the I/M Readiness hot key can check the state emissions readiness check and drive cycle verification, the menu layout on the screen is easy to understand and you will no trouble to figuring out how to do what you needed
- 👍【WORRY-FREE SERVICE】This automotive code reader supports a lifetime free software update and Review&Print diagnostic reports, just connect to a computer via USB, and we offer 3 years after sale service, if you are not sure if your car is compatible, please feel free to contact us first.
- 【2020 NEW ENGINE ABS SRS SCAN TOOL + ACTIVE TEST】 LAUNCH CR629 scan tool can read vehicle version information, read/clear DTCs, read graphic live data stream and do advanced active test for ABS SRS systems. Properly utilizing the active test can detect the hidden problems when you see the ABS and SRS warning light. Please note: This diagnostic scanner currently only supports ACTIVE TEST for following vehicles brands: FIAT, ROMEO, SAAB, HOLDEN, USAFORD. more vehicles software are keep updating.
- 【OIL RESET + SAS RESET + BMS RESET】 This obd2 scanner provides routine maintenance - Oil reset, SAS reset and BMS Reset help to keep your car running smoothly for years to come. ➤Oil Reset: To reset the oil life each time you have the oil and oil filter changed. ➤SAS Reset: To perform a calibration of the steering angle sensor following a wheel alignment or installation of a suspension or steering part. ➤BMS Reset (this function needs to be added by updating the LAUNCH CR629 currently)
- 【OBD2 FULL FUNCTIONS + MULTIPLE VEHICLES SUPPORTED】 Featuring 10 modes of OBD2 tests (including View Freeze Frame Data, O2 Sensor Test, Evap Test, etc.), LAUNCH CR629 obd2 scanner serves to over 41 different vehicles worldwide. All the compatible vehicle brands will increase as the CR629 is updated. Get LAUNCH CR629 and use this OEM level diagnostic tool to ensure proper fit and operation
- 【USER-FRIENDLY OBD2 SCANNER】 LAUNCH CR629 car code reader is specially designed with the following features. ➤3.5 inch large LCD color display. ➤3 hot keys（F1/F2/F3）to access to the target interface directly with ONE CLICK. ➤DTC Lookup to identify a code’s meaning directly. No google research needed. ➤PC Printing to print the valuable information out after PC connection. ➤Review data records historical DTCs, data streams and freeze frame data, which is convenient to view at any time.
- 【5 YEARS WARRANTY + FREE UPDATE】 We provide lifetime free update and 5 years warranty. This diagnostic obd2 scanner supports English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Italian. IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEM, YOU CAN CONTACT US FREELY VIA ▶[email protected]◀ OR MESSAGE US ON AMAZON.
Last update on 2020-09-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2020-09-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API