January 15, 2020 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 20V018000
An inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 20V018
Manufacturer BMW of North America, LLC
Components AIR BAGS
Potential Number of Units Affected 292,948
BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2000-2005 323iT, 325iT, 325xiT, 320i, 323i, 325i, 325xi, 328i, 330i and 330xi and 2000-2006 323Ci, 325Ci, 328Ci, 330Ci, M3 Coupe, 323Cic, 325Cic, 330Cic, and M3 Convertible vehicles equipped with non-desiccated frontal Takata PSAN inflators and PSPI passenger frontal air bag inflators containing phase stabilized ammonium nitrate (PSAN) propellant that were used as interim remedy parts for previous Takata recalls. These inflators may explode due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to high absolute humidity, high temperatures, and high temperature cycling.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
SIB 65 01 20
RECALL CAMPAIGN 20V-018: REPLACE PASSENGER’S FRONT AIR BAG MODULE
This Service Information Bulletin (Revision 1) replaces SI B65 01 20 dated January 2020.
What’s New (Specific text highlighted):
- Warranty Information
|E-Series||Model Description||Model Years||Production Dates|
|E46||3 Series||2000 to 2006||February 25,1999 – August 28, 2006|
Vehicles which require this Recall Campaign to be completed will show it as Open” when checked either in AIR, the Service Menu of DCSnet (Dealer Communication System), ISPA Next or Warranty Vehicle Inquiry.
This recall is for vehicles which have already had the passenger front air bag replaced as part of a previous interim remedy recall repair. With this recall repair, we are installing the final remedy part.
OTHER AIR BAG-RELATED FAULTS AND REPAIRS
This Recall applies to an operational passenger’s front air bag. The issue addressed will not cause an air bag (SRS) malfunction light to illuminate. It will also not prevent the system from deploying in a front-end collision.
However, a recalled vehicle can arrive at your center with an air bag malfunction light illuminated.
It is important to notify the customer that diagnosing other air bag-related system issues may be required and this diagnosis and corresponding repair work, if needed, is not covered by this Recall.
In this case, replacing the passenger’s front air bag module will not correct the other fault code(s).
Replace the passenger’s front air bag module.
Make sure to note on the repair order any observed damage to the interior of the vehicle prior to any repair.
See Repair Instructions REP 72 12 000, “Remove and refit/replace the air bag unit”, or follow the attached repair procedure.
The only parts allowed to be installed in this repair are the part numbers supplied in the PARTS INFORMATION section.
The replacement air bag module’s serial number must be documented on the repair order so it can also be entered into the claim’s comment section.
- The serial number is identified below by the red box (1).
- The last 7 digits of the part number is identified below by the green box (2).
Warning! Incorrect handling may result in triggering of the air bag module and thereby cause serious injury.
- Comply with safety regulations for handling components with gas generators.
- Do not exert any force on the air bag module.
- Use only specified tools for releasing the air bag module.
Please monitor the Parts Matrix and DCS messages for the parts ordering procedure
Only use and invoice the part numbers below that apply.
Performing a part number look-up in ETK (EPC) by VIN or model in place of using/invoicing the following part numbers may result with the wrong part numbers being invoiced and installed, this could delay the payment of claim.
|72 12 6 998 949||Passenger’s front air bag module (final remedy part)||1|
|51 45 8 146 760||Retaining element||1|
|07 11 9 905 374||M8 self-locking collar nut||2|
The nuts and fasteners may already be in stock at your center, so please only include these parts in your order when they are needed.
PARTS RETENTION AND RETURN
Recalled parts that are removed from BMW vehicles cannot be used for resale!
The parts replaced to perform and submit for this Recall repair procedure are the property of BMW NA.
Your center is responsible for the proper identification, storage and documentation of these parts. They must be held in a secure retention area until notification of claim payment is made by BMW NA through DCSnet.
Upon claim payment, a DCSnet part return tag will be generated for the passenger’s front air bag module with special handling instructions.
- Please DO NOT return these recalled air bag modules directly to Lightning Resources or the WPRC.
Inflatable air bags are classified as dangerous goods by the Department of Transportation (DOT) and require special preparation, packing and labeling for transport.
Your center is responsible for following all rules and regulations that apply to shipping dangerous goods as described in the attachment.
A shipping procedure has been created for returning the replaced air bag modules directly to Takata. There is also a procedure available for Bulk Shipping 15 or more air bag modules at one time to Takata.
These procedures are contained in the Part Return Program Instructions and Bulk Ship PDF attachments to this bulletin; please read both. Effective immediately, please use the following email address when scheduling bulk shipment returns to Takata:
The parts are to be packaged in the same packaging that the new part arrived in for shipment back to Takata.
The returns pickup schedule has been changed from weekly to every two weeks (bi-weekly).
Reimbursement for this Recall will be via normal claim entry utilizing the following information together with the part numbers specified above:
The vehicle is already in the workshop
|Work Pkg||Labor Operation||Description (Plus work)||Labor Allowance|
|# 1||00 68 885||Replacing airbag module front-seat passenger||5 FRU|
The vehicle arrives at your center and this Recall Campaign shows open (No other Main work will be performed/claimed during this workshop visit)
|Work Pkg||Labor Operation||Description (Main work)||Labor Allowance|
|# 2||00 68 286||Replacing airbag module front-seat passenger||6 FRU|
Claim Repair Comments
Only reference the SIB number and the work package (Pkg) number performed in the RO technician notes and in the claim comments (For example: B65 01 20 WP 1), unless otherwise required by State law.
The serial number of the air bag module must be entered in the comment field of the claim submission application. The claim will be rejected if the serial number is missing from the claim submission entry.
Reimbursement of Prior Customer-Pay Repairs (TREAD Act)
With this Technical Campaign, a prior repair reimbursement is not likely. Typically, a customer would have their driver’s front air bag module replaced as a result of an accident. In such a case, either an insurance company or the customer themselves, paid for the replacement of the above-mentioned air bag module in conjunction with the accident repairs. Such cases are not covered by this campaign and are not entitled to reimbursement.
Mobile Assistance – Off Site Repair
For centers that qualify, this Recall repair is eligible to be performed and submitted as a Mobile Assistance Off-Site Repair which includes an additional labor allowance.
Qualifying BMW centers are those that currently own and operate a Mobile Assistance Program vehicle. Other centers that may qualify are those have officially registered their interest in conducting mobile service and mobile assistance work for the BMW Roadside Assistance Program.
If you have not already registered, please send an email with contact information to email@example.com.
Additional information can be found in the Mobile Assistance program guide in CenterNet, it is located under the Customer Relations menu.
Claim – Labor Reimbursement
When a vehicle is eligible for this Recall repair and it is performed under this program, qualifying centers will be reimbursed for the corresponding labor operation’s published KSD2 flat rate unit (FRU) allowance at a of rate of 150 percent. This mobile assistance repair work is subject to the same policy and procedures that apply to the warranty repair work being performed in your workshop.
Time Control and Documentation
While repair-specific punch times are not necessary for this repair work being performed on a vehicle off-site (outside your center), the on-call technician must still punch on the corresponding repair order (electronic or manual) prior to leaving your BMW center when he or she is dispatched. The technician must punch off the repair order upon their return to your center.
In cases where the technician is out on the road for an extended period of time (for example, on multiple calls), only one on/off punch time is required.
In addition to the Takata Air Bag Recall repair order line item, please open an additional line item as describe below:
|Defect Code:||85820269TK||Takata Recall – Mobile Assistance Off-Site Repair|
|65 99 000||Additional labor allowance to perform off-site repair through Mobile Assistance||# FRU*|
*Labor Calculation Example
If the special flat rate labor for the Takata Air Bag Recall has a stated allowance of 6 FRU, applying the rate of 150 percent, this repair will be reimbursed at a total of 9 FRU as a Mobile Assistance off-site repair:
- Claim the additional 3 FRU or the applicable additional FRU amount using the defect code and labor operation provided above.
- Round up half flat rate units when applicable.
- Identify this line time as Additional labor for a Mobile Assistance off-site repair.
- Itemize the additional labor claimed and explain the repair performed on the repair order and in claim comment section.
- Labor operation code 65 99 000 is not considered a Main labor operation.
picture_as_pdf B650120 Recall Notice.pdf
picture_as_pdf B650120_20V-018_E46 PAB QA_14Jan2020.pdf
SAFETY RECALL NOTICE
To: All Center Operators, Sales Managers, Service Manager, Parts Manager and Warranty Processor
RE: Recall 20V-018: Replace Passenger’s Front Air Bag Module – B65 01 20
Please be reminded that it is a violation of federal law (The Safety Act) for you to sell, lease or deliver any new motor vehicle covered by this notification until the recall repair has been performed. This means that centers may not legally deliver new motor vehicles to consumers until they are fixed or use/sell replacement equipment/parts subject to this recall. Note also that substantial civil penalties apply to violations of the Safety Act.
Also, you should not sell, lease or deliver any Certified Pre-Owned or used vehicles subject to a safety recall until the repair is completed.
Please follow any special instructions that we provide to you for the return or disposition of recall parts.
We appreciate all your assistance with this Recall.
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL – Final Remedy Available
This notice applies to your vehicle, [INSEINSERT VIN]
Recall Campaign No. 20V-018: Passenger’s Air Bag Module
Dear BMW Owner / Lessee:
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. BMW AG has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in certain Model Year 2000-2006 BMW 3 Series vehicles.
Why are we contacting you?
Our records indicate that your vehicle may have had an interim (“like-for-like”) passenger’s air bag module repair performed under a previous air bag recall before final remedy parts were available. We are pleased to inform you that the final remedy is now available. Please contact your nearest authorized BMW Center (www.bmwusa.com/dealer) immediately to schedule an appointment to have this important free repair performed as soon as possible.
What could happen?
In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the passenger’s air bag, excessive internal pressure could cause the air bag to explode, resulting in metal fragments striking the passenger or other occupants potentially resulting in serious injury or death. If you are not the only driver of this vehicle, please advise all other drivers and passengers of this important information.
What will BMW do?
Your vehicle will be inspected to confirm the type of passenger’s air bag module/inflator that is currently installed. The inspection will be performed for FREE. If it is confirmed that your vehicle contains a “like-forlike” air bag module/inflator, it will be replaced with a final remedy part. This FREE repair will take about three hours.
There are a few options to help overcome the inconvenience of bringing your vehicle in for service, if needed. Contact your local BMW center to check what is available.
If you already had this repair performed at your own expense, please see the attachment regarding possible eligibility for reimbursement.
What if I am not the current owner of this vehicle?
You can update the vehicle ownership or your contact information by completing the enclosed postage-paid card or by registering at https://www.bmwusa.com/myBMW. If you are a vehicle lessor, Federal Regulations require you to forward this notice to your lessee within ten days.
What if I have questions or experience problems?
Should you have any questions about this recall, visit www.bmwusa.com/recall to read FAQs or contact your authorized BMW center. If you need additional assistance, contact BMW Customer Relations and Services by calling 1-800-525-7417 or via email at CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com.
If your BMW center is unable to remedy the defect without charge or within a reasonable period of time, you may notify the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, DC 20590, call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153), or go to https://www.safercar.gov.
Please be assured that your safety is important to us, and we sincerely apologize if this recall causes any inconvenience. We recommend that you and your passengers wear your seat belt at all times.
BMW of North America, LLC
Q1. Which models are included in this Safety Recall Campaign?
|Series||Model||Model Year||Production Dates|
|E46||3 Series||2000-2006||February 1999-August 2006|
Q2. Which inflator is affected?
This recall is for vehicles which have already had the Takata PSPI passenger front air bag replaced as part of a previous recall.
Q3. Why are other BMW models not included?
Other vehicles have frontal air bags that were produced or repaired with different inflators.
Q4. Why is this recall just coming out now?
The recall schedule follows the guidelines published by NHTSA in the May 2016 amended Takata Recall Coordinated Remedy Order.
Q5. If I had my passenger front air bag module replaced prior, do I need to have it replaced again?
Yes. This final replacement part is ammonium–nitrate free. Please contact your authorized BMW center immediately to schedule an appointment to have this important free repair performed as soon as possible.
Q6. What is difference between the interim and the final repair?
The final repair incorporates a newly designed and tested replacement inflator with guanidine nitrate-based propellant.
The interim repair was an inflator with ammonium nitrate-based propellant.
Q7. What is the fix?
The passenger front air bag module will be replaced.
Q8. How long will the repair take?
This FREE repair may take about an hour; however, additional time may be required depending upon your BMW center’s schedule.
Q9. How will I be notified of this recall?
You will receive a letter by the beginning of March via First Class mail, advising you of this recall. To ensure BMW of North America, LLC has your most recent contact and vehicle information, please register your vehicle at https://www.bmwusa.com/myBMW. Registration is free, and will give you access to factory initiated campaigns and other information specific to your BMW vehicle.
Q10. Do I have to wait for my letter in order to have my vehicle serviced?
Q11. What options are available if it is too inconvenient for me to bring my vehicle to a BMW center for service?
There are a few options to help overcome the inconvenience of bringing your vehicle in for service like mobile repair, alternate transportation, pickup/drop-off, dealer events and towing. Contact your local BMW center to check what is available.
Q12. What is the specific concern?
Takata’s investigation to date indicates that exposure to certain environmental conditions (several years of exposure to persistent conditions of high absolute humidity) could lead to overly aggressive combustion in the event of air bag deployment.
Q13. What is desiccant?
Put simply, desiccant is a substance with properties that enable it to soak up water vapor from the air surrounding it.
Q14. What can happen as a result of this issue?
In a crash where the air bag deploys, the air bag inflator housing may rupture and could cause metal fragments to pass through the air bag cushion material, which may result in injury or death to vehicle occupants.
Q15. Is it possible to find out whether the problem exists in my car?
Q16. How did BMW become aware of this issue?
Q17. Can I continue to drive my vehicle?
Yes. However, you should have this service performed by an authorized BMW center as soon as possible. If you are not the only driver of this vehicle, please advise all other drivers of this important information.
You can check for open recalls a few different ways. You can check for open recalls by entering your vehicle identification number (VIN) at www.bmwusa.com/recall and download a sample owner notification letter and Q&A if your VIN is affected. You can also call or visit your local BMW center’s service department to determine if your BMW is affected. Make sure to update your contact information by registering at https://www.bmwusa.com/myBMW.
Q19. What if I am not the current owner of this vehicle?
95 Affected Products
11 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 Report
Recall 573 ReportRCLRPT-20V018-8531
Recall 573 Report
Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)RCONL-20V018-7214
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2020-1RCLQRT-20V018-7752
Remedy Instructions and TSBRCRIT-20V018-1727
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Broadcast Message re BMW AG 3 New Takata Recalls (Effective Today, January 16, 2020)RCMN-20V018-7737
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2020-2RCLQRT-20V018-4651
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2020-3
Latest Recalls Documents
1 Associated Investigation
The Office of Defects Investigation (ODI) opened PE14-016 in June 2014 based on six inflator rupture incidents involving consumer owned vehicles produced by five vehicle manufacturers. All six vehicles were operated in Florida or Puerto Rico at the time of the rupture and for the majority of their service life, and were equipped with inflators produced by Takata, a tier-one supplier of automotive air bag systems.
During the course of PE14-016, ODI determined that five additional vehicle manufacturers used inflators of a similar design and vintage also supplied by Takata. No evidence of field failures was found in vehicles produced by these five additional manufacturers. Nonetheless, at ODI’s insistence, all 10 vehicle manufacturers initiated a regional recall within approximately two weeks of the opening of the investigation. The regions recalled initially included Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, areas with high absolute humidity and climatic conditions believed to be a significant factor in the inflator ruptures. As part of the recall actions, inflators removed from remedied vehicles are to be returned to Takata for testing.
Takata’s initial test results on passenger inflators from remedied vehicles indicated a much higher than anticipated rupture frequency for inflators returned from Florida. Accordingly ODI requested all 10 manufacturers expand the regional recalls for passenger inflators to include other geographic areas where high absolute humidity conditions exist, including the Gulf States and other coastal areas. Takata’s testing of the passenger inflators to date continues to indicate this geographic area as having the highest risk, with no ruptures occurring from inflators returned from outside the expanded recall regions. During PE14-016 four additional passenger inflator field events occurred, all in vehicles from the same expanded geographic region.
Also during PE14-016 four additional driver inflator field events occurred including two in vehicles from regions not known for high absolute humidity, specifically California and North Carolina. Accordingly, ODI requested all five of the affected vehicle manufacturers currently using the subject Takata driver inflators expand to nationwide recalls. Significantly, neither of the affected vehicle manufacturers or Takata provided any explanation to account for these two driver air bag inflator ruptures outside the area of high absolute humidity. Takata testing of returned driver inflators indicates a lower rupture frequency as compared to passenger inflator testing. All test ruptures reported by Takata to date have occurred on inflators returned from high absolute humidity areas.
The investigation now includes all manufacturers and vehicles known to be affected at this time. ODI’s investigation will focus on, among other things, root cause analysis, other potential defect consequences, identification of affected vehicles scope, and adequacy of the remedy.
The five ODI reports cited above can be reviewed online at https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchNHTSAID under the following identification numbers: 10537899, 10568848, 10585224, 10605877, 10651492
- 🥇【COMPLETE ABS AIRBAG SRS SCANNER】1️⃣ABS SRS Airbag Scan Tool: Weak brake pad, Bad wheel speed sensor & error codes diagnosis; 2️⃣Sensor Reset Tool: Calibrate SAS ABS SRS Airbag Sensors after maintenance; 3️⃣Bidirectional Scan Tool: Activate and command ABS/SRS/Airbag components. 4️⃣Powerful OBD2 Scanners: S-M-O-G check, E-mission Status & Gas-Cap issue diagnosis for 12v vehicles after 1996. 👉TIPS: The abs scanner can NOT clear airbag crash data/collision data. NOT support programming/coding.
- 🎃【TOP ABS BLEED SCAN TOOL】The air will get inside when replace components such as calipers, wheel cylinders, the master cylinder, brake lines or hoses. This abs auto bleed scan tool will help bleed the brake, cycling the pump and valves to get a firm brake pedal and keep a safety driving on the road. Own a foxwell obd2 scanner with abs auto bleed function is so valuable instead high cost from the dealships. 👉Note: Only works on the vehicles have auto abs bleeding.
- 🚦【ALL FUNCTIONS FOR ABS VSA SRS AIRBAG】Do more for ABS VSA SRS Airbag system not just reading/clearing codes like other scan tools do. The abs scanner airbag code reader is born to solve issues when the warning light(MIL) was on. Diagnoses, pin-points the problem down and tells you which sensor was bad that caused the problem, no need to replace one by one. NT630 plus will reset/calibrate the new sensor after replacement. Finally turning off the warning lights and keeping all to running well.
- 👍【ABS SRS BIDIRECTIONAL SCAN TOOL, PAYS FOR ITSELF AFTER ONE USE】The abs code reader scan tool allows you to control the ABS/Airbag system and components to test which part was bad, including Auto Bleed Test/ Setup SDM Serial Number/ ABS Manual Control Tests/ ABS Motor Test/ ABS Version Test/ Actuator Tests, etc. To make sure the abs scanner tool will run more smoothly, please confirm if the NT630 plus will cover your vehicle before purchase via Amazon messages.
- ⛳【REFUSE ANNUAL INSPECTION FAILURE】This NT630 obd2 scanner diagnostic tool will scan all of your obd2 modules, show you the I/M readiness & E-mission status before the annual inspection. Monitoring the engine’s health, locate bad sensors, which cylinder was misfire and more engine’s faults. Guide you to do the maintenance work to make it safety driving again or to replace a new car. Reducing the potential driving risk and keep a great status for a safety journey.
- 🚩2022 New Elite Version🚩Same Function As LAUNCH CRP123E 🚩Lifetime Free Update🚩5 YEARs Warranty 🚩Conact seller to get Free Gift 🚩Fast delivery by Amazon
- 🎁【Great Gift Idea For Every Car Owner】: Prefect choice for your father, husband, brother or boyfriend. EVERY CAR OWNER WILL NEED IT! It comes with high-quality host with a strong box. Get LAUNCH CRP123 Elite car diagnostic scanner and give your lover a surprise!
- 🚗【 Read & Clear/Reset Engine/ABS/SRS/Transmission Diagnostic Scan Tool 】LAUNCH CRP123 OBD2 Scanner can test Engine, Transmission, ABS and Airbag four systems, also reads and resets code, displays data stream graphic, stores and playbacks dynamic data stream,helps to quick analysis and diagnosis.
- 🚗【 Error Fault Code Reader 】Except the full 10 modes OBD2 diagnostic functions like, retrieving I/M readiness, Freeze Frame Data, Read Dynamic Data stream and Vehicle Information, O2 Sensor Test, EVAP Test of Fuel Tank System (Mode 8) and Advanced On-board Monitoring (Mode 6), launch crp123 obd2 scanner can not only reveal what error codes your car is producing, but also erase your vehicle’s check engine light after problem fixed, the DTC help and explanation also tell you the exact problem.
- 🚗【 Live Data Graphing + Read/Record/Playback Data stream + Print diagnostic data 】※Live Data Graphing ,more intuitive to know your vehicle’s problem . ※ Large size Color Screen ;※ Print Function:Print the diagnose result easily; ※ with user manual and register & update tutorial video uploaded in the link by us, you can Look up it anytime by ONE-CLICK.
- [FOCUS ON BMW] - Creator has a variety of OBD2 code readers compatible for BMW/MINI, C501 is one of the most cost-effective scan tools for BMW/MINI vehicle owners. C501 Supports BMW/MINI between 1997 to 2020. 1997-2004 cars may need a 20-pin adaptor (not included).
- [FOR BMW/MINI] - Compatible with ECU systems including Drive, Chassis and Body all systems. Supported function including read and clear trouble codes, display live data stream, graph display, vehicle version information, clear adaptation, CBS reset, reset engine oil and battery registration, etc.
- [FULL SYSTEMS SCANNER] - Creator C501 is capable of reading and clearing trouble codes of all major systems, including engine, transmission, ABS, SRS, SAS, EPB, etc. Also supports body, chassis, powertrain and all control modules check. As a professional diagnostic tool for BMW/MINI full systems, C501 codes reader is also a universal OBD code reader for checking engine light, reading and erasing codes on all brands cars' OBD system.
- [EASY TO OPERATE] - Creator 501 uses 2.8" TFT 240K true color LCD display screen to indicate the test results , with the silicone keypad you can easily access to menu options. Rugged drop-proof case prevents falling. The menu layout on the screen is easy to understand and you can figure out how to do it easily.
- [VERY IMPORTANT] - The battery registration does not support BMW cars before 2004, and also does not support the E chassis (3'_E46, 5'_E39, 7'_E38, X3'_E83, X5'_E53, Z3'_E36, Z4'_E85/E86, MINI'_R50/R51, R52/R53). For above models, you just need to replace the battery directly, because these models do not require battery registration (at that time, there was no concept of battery registration).
- ABS/SRS/Engine/Transmission System Scanner: Autel ML629 not only can figure out the emission-related engine problem, but also can get quick access to the Anti-Lock Braking System / Airbag System / Engine / Transmission systems and diagnose these 4 systems’ conditions. It reads codes, clear codes, and read live data to help you turn off the MIL, ABS & SRS warning lights.
- Complete OBD2 Functions: This OBD2/EOBD code reader is compatible with all OBD2-compliant vehicles with full OBD2 functions. It can pinpoint any emission problems of the car engine by the Full OBD2 functions. Read Codes, Erase Codes, I/M Readiness, Live Data, Freeze Frame, O2 Monitor Test, On-Board Monitor Test, Vehicle Information, and Component Test.
- DTC Lookup & Vehicle Information: Designed with a built-in DTC library, this OBD2 scanner provides you with the ability to look up the definition of diagnostic trouble codes. Up to 10000+ codes are available in this DTC electronic dictionary. No need to look up codes on the Internet. In addition, it can identify the car automatically and retrieve the car information (VIN, CIN, and CVN).
- Upgraded Version of ML619 / AL619: As the upgraded version of ML619/AL619, ML629 can read enhanced codes, graph data, and erase codes in Anti-Lock Braking System, Airbag System, Engine, and Transmission system. Being cost-effective with only a small extra budget, this code reader enjoys more benefits with a wider range of vehicle coverage. It supports internet updating via USB and data printing via PC.
- The Newest Version in 2020: As the newest version in 2020, this Autel OBD2 scanner supports most 1996 and newer vehicles (OBDII & CAN) – domestic and import, including some latest models. Free update for lifetime via Mac/Win PC. With a 1-year warranty, 30-day free return & replacement service, and 24-hour customer service, this OBD2 scanner gives you excellent user experience.
- 🎁 Conact Seller to Get Free Gift 🎁 Same Function as LAUNCH CRP123E 🎁 Fast Delivery by Amazon🎁 Lifetime Free Update🎁 5 YEARS Warranty.
- [Engine/ABS/SRS/Transmission Diagnostic Tool]----The crp123 obd2 scanner is perfect balance of power and affordability, providing the ability to view preset, or user defined, live data streams for ENGINE, AT, ABS and SRS data, the ability to graph, record, replay and print data, read and resets codes for engine/abs/srs/transmission system.
- [Full OBDII Functions Code Reader]----LAUNCH CRP123 scan tool supports all 10 modes of OBDII standard to ensure complete, accurate, system diagnosis. Read and Clear DTCs, do smog tests , I/M readiness and O2 sensor tests, Mode 06 EVAP system test, Mode 08 on-board test component test. And OBDII Code lookup tool and acronym database to assist and speed diagnosis and repair time.
- [Live Data Graphing + Read/Record/Playback Data stream + Lifetime Free Update] Live Data Graphing ,more intuitive to know your vehicle’s problem. Large size Color Screen; Print Function; Print the diagnose result easily; With user manual and register & update tutorial video uploaded in the link by us, you can look up it anytime by ONE-CLICK. Lifetime free update by windows.
- [Extensive Vehicle Coverage + 9 Languages]----The LAUNCH CRP123 reads data from ENGINE, TRANSMISSION, ABS and SRS systems from Asian, US and European manufacturers. Coverage includes Suzuki, Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Toyota, Mazda, Hyundai, Kia, Subaru, Infiniti, Lexus, Acura, Isuzu, Ford, GM, Chrysler, Benz, BMW, VW, Opel, Volvo, Fiat, Land Rover, Seat, Skoda, Audi, Porsche, Saab, Jaguar and many others. Support 9 different languages.
- B800 Airbag Scan/Reset Tool work for BMW between 1994 and 2003, This is a very easy to use tool that comes with instruction manual to help you diagnose problems.
- Models available for most BMWs built between 1994 and 2003 - Displays all SRS fault codes, tells you what's wrong.
- SRS airbag light reset tool for BMW,Reset the dashboard SRS airbag light within seconds.
- Note: B800 can not work for 2001 BMW 330i.
- Package contents: 1 x B800 SRS Scanner And Resetter Tool for BMW(DCVS2745YL/DE) 1 x OBD-II to 20 Pin Adapter Cable 1 x Instruction Manual.
- 【IMPORTANT NOTICE】 We have discovered a bug in our app that has been affecting users since early November that is causing some users unable to scan ABS, SRS, and other OEM features as it should. We're happy to announce that it has now been resolved. Please update the device via RS2 and please make sure to not drive your vehicle while updating the device.
- 【Fix With Confidence】 Scan and diagnose DTCs with pinpoint accuracy through Innova’s car code reader. Get real solutions for your car’s specific make and model verified by ASE Master Technicians.
- 【Easy Application】 Download our free app RepairSolutions2 in the App Store or Google Play Store. Innova’s in-app features will tell you exactly what the problem is and how to properly diagnose it with professional advice.
- 【Modern Features】 Get access to professional features such as an all system scan normally available only on high-end scanners. Read and clear ABS, SRS, check engine light, and more fault codes. Reset oil lights, view brake pad life, oil life, tire pressures, and transmission temps.
- 【Live Data】 Monitor your vehicle’s health in real time. Understand on-going issues as well as expected future problems such as oil change and maintenance schedules.
- 【ABS & SRS Scan Tool 】 Help you diagnose issues with both anti-lock braking system (ABS) and internal airbag system (SRS); test their sensors, valves, or solenoids; and keep track of any threats in real time to prevent unexpected damage with these 2 essential safety systems, which a normal OBD2 scanner cannot do. Compatible with GM, Nissan, Fiat, Benz, Volvo, LandRover, BMW, USAFord.
- 【3 Reset Services 】Easy to set up 3 regular reset services for Oil Light, Battery Management System, and Steering Angle Position. With this diagnostic tool, you can reset the oil service light and reset pre-programmed mileage intervals for energy efficiency; adjust or reset the steering angle position to keep steering aligned; and clear the original low battery fault information. No need to leave home for shop-quality car maintenance.
- 【All OBD2 Test Modes 】 Quickly tell you the exact cause behind the check engine warning light. This ABS & SRS scan tool is also a fully-featured obd2 code reader; can read/clear engine light codes, show live data, and do I/M readiness test ... to solve emission issues, and help pass smog test for most post-1996 OBD2/CAN vehicles. Plus, it has the now-popular DTC lookup library to save searching repair materials online.
- 【User-Oriented 】 Physically, you will like the feel of this obd2 scanner with the black rubber grip thing all around the outside edge. Durable enough to stand the accidental drop. Thanks to its easily accessible menu, you can operate all functions in minutes, with the press of a few buttons. 3-color LEDs intuitively indicate if everything's good, there's a warning, or there's a serious issue. There’s even an LED integrated into the connector port so you can hook it up in darkness.
- 【Worry-Free Purchase 】 You can update this scan tool through an internet USB to have the latest software for its optimized performance, with no extra costs throughout all its using life. We offer you 1-year quality backup period with 30-day unconditional return & replacement policy. TOPDON offers reliable customer support on Facebook during weekdays. Search “TOPDON Official” on Facebook and contact us via message. Multilingual Menu: EN, FR, ES, DE, IT, RU, PT, and JP.
- 【ABS & SRS Diagnoses + Active Test for ABS SRS】LAUNCH CR629 scan tool can do advanced Bidirectional Control (active test), read vehicle version information, read/clear DTCs, and read graphic live data stream for ABS SRS modules. Utilizing the active test can detect the hidden problems when you see the related warning light of ABS SRS systems. 📌NOTE: This launch obd2 scanner currently supports ACTIVE TEST for 20 car brands. Please contact us to check the compatibility before purchase.
- 【3 Reset Services】This automotive scanner LAUNCH CR629 provides 3 reset services: Oil reset, SAS reset and BMS Reset, helping to keep your car running smoothly. ➤Oil Reset: To reset the oil life each time you have the oil and oil filter changed. ➤SAS Reset: To perform a calibration of the steering angle sensor following a wheel alignment or installation of a suspension or steering part. ➤BMS Reset. 📌Please contact us to check the vehicle compatibility for reset services before purchase.
- 【OBD2 Full Functions + Support 10000+ Vehicle】 Come with 10 modes of OBD2 tests (including Read/Clear codes, View Freeze Frame Data, O2 Sensor Test, Evap Test, etc.), LAUNCH CR629 obd2 scanner tells you the exact problem behind the check engine warning light, solve emission issues, and help pass smog test for most post-1996 OBD2/CAN vehicles. This ABS SRS scan tool supports ABS & SRS diagnoses for 42 car brands. 22 Car brands for BMS reset, 53 brands for oil reset, and 41 brands for SAS reset.
- 【User-friendly + Live Data Stream】 LAUNCH CR629 car code reader is specially designed with the following features ➤3.5 inch large LCD color display. ➤3 hot keys（F1/F2/F3）to access to the target interface directly with ONE CLICK. ➤DTC Lookup to identify a code’s meaning directly. No google research needed! ➤PC Printing to print the information out after PC connection. ➤Review data records historical DTCs, data streams and freeze frame data, which is convenient to view at any time.
- 【5 Years Warranty + Lifetime Free Update+ 8 Languages】 This original Launch OBD2 scanner CR629 is backed up by Launch official after-sale services with 5-year warranty, available 60-days return & replacement policy. This car code scanner supports English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Italian. If you have any problem, you can contact us freely via customer service email or message us on Amazon.
- 🔔【Oil/SAS/Throttle Reset】Significant benefits!! ☑️With the same cost, since October 2022, Add New 3 reset functions. Launch CRP123E code reader car diagnostic tool with reset including Oil /SAS/Throttle Reset to maintain your vehicle systems safely and efficiently. One-Click "Upgrade" operation to obtain 3 special reset functions.
- 🎉【2022 New Elite Version, Upgraded Of FOXWELL Car Scanner NT604 Elite/ANCEL FX2000/CRP123】 LAUNCH CRP123E obd2 scanner can check ABS/SRS/AT/ENG systems & 10 OBD2 modes, read and clear fault codes,💡Online Google Search, 4 IN 1 Graphing ，Stores and playbacks dynamic data stream, helps to quick analysis and diagnosis. what's more, you can generate a vehicle health report by one-click and share to your email via Wifi which can help avoid blind maintenance, offer solution, save time and money.
- ☑️【ABS/SRS/Engine/Transmission Diagnostic Tool +Battery Voltage Test& AUTOVIN】Wi-Fi one click update +Battery Voltage Test +Auto Vin+Record History; One-click wifi update and free for fixing more bugs; Realtime battery voltage graphing helps to Judge the state of the battery; Auto Vin, facilitate accurate diagnosis and provide useful information; Save the historical diagnosis report, replay the data flow, and provide you with useful parameters to prevent unnecessary repair
- 🔔【One to one Technical feedback and support】 Base on cloud server of launch，the “feedback function” can get the professional guidance of Launch Engineer.An excellent choice for family car owners. No extra paid updates, keep your diagnostic software updated and coverage increased, saving you even more money. 🎁Great Gift Idea For Every Car Owner💡Fast 7.0 Android💡16GB Memory💡5" touch HD screen💡6100mAh Rechargeable Battery
- 🎁【5-Year Warranty &10 Language Free To Use】 Launch CRP123E scan tool supports 10 languages. Choose your native language without encountering any sort of language barrier--English, French, Spanish, German, Russian, Korean, Japanese, Portuguese, Italian, Traditional Chinese. 🚩5 YEARs Warranty 🚩Conact seller to get Free Gift 🚩Fast delivery by Amazon
Last update on 2022-11-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.