August 14, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V601000
A broken steering tie rod would lead to a loss of vehicle control, increasing the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V601
Manufacturer BMW of North America, LLC
Potential Number of Units Affected 32
BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2018-2019 BMW X1 sDrive28i, X1 xDrive28i, 2019 X2 xDrive28i, MINI Cooper S Convertible, Countryman, and John Cooper Works Countryman vehicles. The steering gear tie rod may have been assembled incorrectly, which may result in excessive wear of the tie rod end, eventually causing it to break.
BMW will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the vehicles and replace the tie rods and ball joints as necessary, free of charge. The recall began October 11, 2019. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417 or MINI customer service at 1-866-825-1525.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
SIB 32 07 19
RECALL 19V-601: STEERING GEAR TIE ROD
Please perform the procedure outlined in this Service Information on all affected vehicles before customer delivery. In the event the customer has already taken delivery of the vehicle, please perform the procedure the next time the vehicle is in the shop.
This Service Information Bulletin (Revision 2) replaces SI B32 07 19 dated August 2019.
What’s New (Specific text highlighted):
- Parts information- Part number changed to alphanumeric
|E-Series||Model Description||Production Date|
|F39||X2 Sports Activity Coupe||March 13, 2019|
|F48||X1 Sports Activity Vehicle||July 28, 2017 thru April 5, 2019|
Vehicles which require this Recall Campaign to be completed will show it as “Open” when checked either in AIR, the “Service Menu” of DCSnet (Dealer Communication System) or with the Key Reader.
BMW of North America, LLC is conducting a Voluntary Safety Recall (effective August 8, 2019) on a small number of Model Year 2018 and 2019 BMW vehicles that were produced between July 28, 2017 and April 5, 2019. The cone collar disc may not have been installed on the tie rod.
During the manufacturing process, a cone collar disc on the tie rod may not have been installed.
Check both tie rods and replace if necessary.
- Remove both front wheels.
- Loosen nut (1) on left and right swivel bearing
- Release tie rod (2) from swivel bearings
- Cone collar disc installed, knurling not visible
- Cone collar disc not installed, knurling visible
- Inspect both tie rods for cone collar disc.
- Is the cone collar disc installed?
- Yes = No further action required. Reinstall tie rod as per repair manual RA 32 21 151 and properly torque the new nut
- No = Proceed to next step
- Replace the tie rod and swivel bearing as per the repair manual RA 32 21 151 and RA 31 21 090 and carry-out a wheel alignment procedure
Performing a part number look-up in ETK or AIR by VIN or model in place of using/invoicing the following part numbers may result with the wrong parts being invoiced and installed.
|33 30 6 787 062||Combination nut (M14x1,5-10ZNNIV)||2|
|32 10 5A018D0||Ball joint left||1|
|32 10 5A018D4||Ball joint right||1|
|32 10 6 765 080||Clamping bolt (M10X1X22-10.9)||2|
|33 40 6 858 534||Collar bolt with compression spring (M16x1,5×60-8.8)||1|
|31 20 6 872 920||Spherical collar screw (M12x1.25×45)||4|
|07 11 9 905 032||Hex nut (M10-10-ZNS3)||1|
|31 30 6 798 530||Hexagon screw with flange (M10x85 8.8 ZNS3)||1|
|33 30 6 760 587||Hex nut with flange (M10-10 ZNS3)||1|
|31 10 6 876 027||ASA-Bolt (M10x55)||1|
|31 21 6 876 645||Carrier, left||1|
|31 21 6 876 646||Carrier, right||1|
|31 21 6 876 853||Carrier, left||1|
|31 21 6 876 854||Carrier, right||1|
Note: Additional hardware may be required to perform chassis alignment
Reimbursement for this Recall will be via normal claim entry utilizing the following information:
|Work Pkg||Labor Operation:||Labor Allowance:||Description (Plus work):|
|# 1||00 68 599||4 FRU||Check both tie rods (No repair is necessary)|
|# 2||00 68 600||27 FRU||Check both tie rods and replace one side (tie rod and swivel bearing) includes wheel alignment check KDS with ride-height measurement without load, adjusting toe-in|
|# 3||00 68 601||37 FRU||Check both tie rods and replace both sides (tie rod and swivel bearing) includes wheel alignment check KDS with ride-height measurement without load, adjusting toe-in|
The vehicle arrives at your center and this Recall Campaign shows open (No other Main work will be performed/claimed during this workshop visit)
|Work Pkg||Labor Operation:||Labor Allowance:||Description (Main work):|
|# 4||00 68 074||6 FRU||Check both tie rods (No repair is necessary)|
|# 5||00 68 075||28 FRU||Check both tie rods and replace one side (tie rod and swivel bearing) includes wheel alignment check KDS with ride-height measurement without load, adjusting toe-in|
|# 6||00 68 076||38 FRU||Check both tie rods and replace both sides (tie rod and swivel bearing) includes wheel alignment check KDS with ride-height measurement without load, adjusting toe-in|
And, if necessary, with:
Work Package #2, #3, #5 and #6
|Labor Operation:||Labor Allowance:||Description (Associated work):|
|00 68 605||10 FRU||Additional work if necessary / Adjust rear axle with eccentric screws|
And, as applicable:
Alternative Mobility Solution (AMS) for Vehicle Owners (RO and Claim Comments Required)
This Recall Action repair qualifies for Alternative Mobility Solution (AMS) expense reimbursement, claim this item under the Defect Code noted above as follows:
Sublet Code 2 – Itemize the AMS sublet amount on the repair order and in the claim comment section.
Please refer to SI B01 29 16 for additional information.
TREAD Act Reimbursement – Qualifying Prior Customer-Pay Repairs
If your center is presented with a reimbursement request, BMW of North America, LLC will reimburse qualifying customer-pay repairs that were performed on affected vehicles prior to the release of this Recall Service Information bulletin.
If the customer previously paid for a qualifying repair, please proceed as applicable:
The customer arrives with an affected vehicle to your workshop
Perform the open Recall repair outlined in this bulletin, and
If the prior repair qualifies (see below), submit for both the Recall repair and the customer-pay reimbursement (Separate repair line items/separate defect codes).
The customer only presents your center with a customer-pay invoice for the prior repair
If the vehicle and the prior repair qualifies (see below), submit for the customer-pay reimbursement portion only.
Customer-pay Invoice Review and Reimbursement Procedure
Review and verify that the prior customer-pay invoice (BMW center or independent repair shop) contains a repair that was performed to address the issue described in this Recall Service Information bulletin.
If this prior repair qualifies, reimburse the customer (labor and parts).
Submit for this customer-paid repair expense under Defect Code 85 99 00 12 NA, as follows:
Sublet Code 3
Dollar amount (with no markup)
Comment: Recall: Steering Gear Tie Rod – Reimbursement for allowable expenses that relate to performing the prior qualifying customer-pay repair
Additionally, explain and itemize the claimed sublet amount on the repair and in the claim comments
Retain the original customer pay invoice in your files; this documentation may be requested by BMW during the claim review process.
Repairs that do not qualify for Reimbursement
Repairs that do not qualify for reimbursement include repairs performed on non-affected vehicles, and/or the diagnosis and repair of other unrelated issues. This exclusion applies to repairs that were performed using non-genuine BMW parts and/or used passenger car or light truck parts.
This claim submission for the prior customer-pay reimbursement, when it is submitted as outlined under Defect Code 85 99 00 12 NA, will not close the Open Safety Recall on the vehicle. Supporting Materials
picture_as_pdf B320719 Recall Notice.pdf
Q1. Which BMW Group models in the US are potentially affected by this Safety Recall?
Q2. What is the specific issue?
The steering gear tie rod may not have been produced to supplier specifications.
Q3. What can happen as a result of this issue?
Over time, the tie rod could become damaged and eventually break, affecting vehicle handling and control, and increasing the risk of a crash.
Q5. How did BMW Group become aware of this issue?
BMW Group became aware of this issue through its quality control procedures.
Q6. Can I determine if this issue exists in my vehicle?
If you feel unusual vibration from the steering wheel, or have difficulty controlling the vehicle, it may be experiencing this issue.
Q7. What should I do if I notice this condition in my vehicle?
If this condition occurs, carefully move away from traffic and pull over to a safe location as soon as possible. All occupants should carefully exit the vehicle and move to a safe location away from traffic. Do not continue to drive the vehicle. Contact BMW Roadside Assistance at 1-800-332-4269, or MINI Roadside Assistance at 1866-646-4772, immediately to have your vehicle brought to the nearest authorized BMW center or MINI dealer. If you are not the only driver of this vehicle, please advise all other drivers and passengers of this important information.
Q8. Can I continue to drive my vehicle (before I receive my letter)?
Q9. How will my vehicle be repaired?
The steering gear tire rod will be inspected and, if necessary, replaced. This will be performed for free and may take several hours.
Q11. How will I be informed of this Safety Recall?
You will receive a letter in October via First Class mail advising you of this Safety Recall and requesting you to schedule an appointment with an authorized BMW center or MINI dealer to have this Safety Recall performed. You can locate your nearest authorized BMW center at www.bmwusa.com/dealer, and your nearest authorized MINI dealer at www.miniusa.com/dealer.
To ensure the BMW Group has your most recent contact and vehicle information, please register your BMW vehicle at www.bmwusa.com/myBMW, or your MINI vehicle at www.miniusa.com/ol. Registration is free, and will give you access to factory initiated campaigns and other information specific to your vehicle.
Q12. Do I have to wait for my letter to have my vehicle serviced?
Yes. We are in the process of implementing this Safety Recall to ensure that the necessary tools, parts, and procedures are available prior to contacting you to schedule an appointment with your authorized BMW center or MINI dealer to have this Safety Recall performed. For the latest updates to this Safety Recall, please visit www.bmwusa.com/recall, or www.miniusa.com/recall.
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL – Remedy Available
This notice applies to your vehicle,
Recall Campaign No. 19V-601: Steering Gear Tie Rod
Dear BMW Owner / Lessee:
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. BMW AG has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in certain Model Year 2018-2019 BMW X1 SAV and X2 SAV models. Our records indicate that you are the owner of a potentially affected vehicle.
Why are we contacting you?
We are pleased to inform you that we are ready to perform this recall. If you have not had this recall performed, please contact your authorized BMW center immediately to schedule an appointment. Visit www.bmwusa.com/dealer to locate your nearest BMW center.
What could happen?
The steering gear tie rod may not have been produced to supplier specifications. Over time, the tie rod could become damaged and eventually break, affecting vehicle handling and control, and increase the risk of a crash.
If you feel unusual vibration from the steering wheel, or have difficulty controlling the vehicle, it may be experiencing this issue. If this occurs, carefully move away from traffic and pull over to a safe location as soon as possible. All occupants should carefully exit the vehicle and move to a safe location away from traffic. Do not continue to drive the vehicle. Contact BMW Roadside Assistance at 1-800-332-4269 immediately to have your vehicle brought to the nearest authorized BMW center.
If you are not the only driver of this vehicle, please advise all other drivers and passengers of this important information.
What will BMW do?
The steering gear tie rod will be inspected and, if necessary, replaced for free which could take approximately two hours.
What if I am not the current owner of this vehicle?
You can update the vehicle ownership or your contact information by completing the enclosed postage-paid card or by registering at https://www.bmwusa.com/myBMW. If you are a vehicle lessor, Federal Regulations require you to forward this notice to your lessee within ten days.
What if I have questions or experience problems?
For the latest updates to this recall, please visit www.bmwusa.com/recall. Should you have any questions about this recall, please contact your authorized BMW center. If you need additional assistance, contact BMW Customer Relations and Services at 1-800-525-7417 or at CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com.
If your BMW center is unable to remedy the defect without charge or within a reasonable period of time, you may notify the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, DC 20590, call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153), or go to https://www.safercar.gov.
Please be assured that your safety is important to us, and we sincerely apologize if this recall causes any inconvenience. We recommend that you and your passengers wear your safety belt at all times. Sincerely,
BMW of North America, LLC
Spanish translation on back side
Traducción en español en el lado inverso
IMPORTANTE RETIRADA POR MOTIVOS DE SEGURIDAD – Repuesto disponible
Este aviso se aplica a su vehículo,
Campaña de retirada n.º 19V-601: Barra de acoplamiento del mecanismo de dirección
Octubre de 2019
Estimado propietario o arrendatario de un vehículo BMW:
Le enviamos este aviso en virtud de la National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act (Ley Nacional de Seguridad de Tránsito y Vehículos). BMW AG ha determinado que algunos vehículos de los modelos X1 SAV y X2 SAV de BMW, correspondientes a los años 2018 y 2019, tienen un defecto relacionado con la seguridad de los vehículos motorizados. Según nuestros registros, usted es propietario de un vehículo potencialmente afectado.
¿Por qué nos ponemos en contacto con usted?
Nos complace informarle que estamos listos para realizar la retirada. Si no ha hecho la retirada, comuníquese de inmediato con el centro autorizado de BMW para programar una cita. Visite www.bmwusa.com/dealer para localizar el centro de BMW más cercano.
¿Qué podría suceder?
Es posible que la barra de acoplamiento del mecanismo de dirección no se haya fabricado según las especificaciones del distribuidor. Con el tiempo, la barra de acoplamiento podría dañarse o romperse finalmente, lo que afectaría el manejo y el control del vehículo, y aumentaría el riesgo de accidente.
Si siente una vibración inusual en el volante o si tiene dificultades para controlar el vehículo, es posible que tenga ese problema. Si esto ocurre, aléjese con cuidado del tránsito y deténgase en un lugar seguro lo antes posible. Todos los ocupantes deben salir del vehículo con cuidado y trasladarse a un lugar seguro lejos del tránsito. No siga conduciendo el vehículo. Comuníquese de inmediato con BMW Roadside Assistance (Asistencia en la carretera de BMW) llamando al 1-800-332-4269 para que le lleven el vehículo al centro autorizado de BMW más cercano.
Si usted no es la única persona que conduce ese vehículo, comparta esta importante información con todos los demás conductores y pasajeros.
¿Qué hará BMW?
Se revisará la barra de acoplamiento del mecanismo de dirección y, si es necesario, se la reemplazará sin cargo, lo que podría llevar aproximadamente dos horas.
¿Qué ocurre si no soy el propietario actual de este vehículo?
Puede actualizar la información de la titularidad del vehículo o su información de contacto completando la tarjeta con respuesta postal paga adjunta o registrándose en https://www.bmwusa.com/myBMW. Si usted es arrendador del vehículo, las reglamentaciones federales exigen que reenvíe este aviso a su arrendatario en un plazo de diez días.
¿Qué debo hacer si tengo alguna pregunta o algún problema?
Para ver las últimas actualizaciones de esta retirada, visite www.bmwusa.com/recall. Si tiene alguna pregunta sobre esta retirada, comuníquese con el centro autorizado de BMW. Si necesita asistencia adicional, comuníquese con el BMW Customer Relations and Services (Servicio de Atención al Cliente de BMW) llamando al 1-800-525-7417 o por correo electrónico a CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com.
Si el centro de BMW no puede resolver el defecto sin cargo o en un plazo razonable, puede notificar al administrador de la National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (Administración Nacional de Seguridad de Tránsito en Carreteras), 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, DC 20590, llamar a la Vehicle Safety Hotline (Línea gratuita directa de seguridad vehicular) al 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153) o visitar https://www.safercar.gov.
Le garantizamos que nos importa su seguridad y le pedimos sinceras disculpas si esta retirada le causa algún inconveniente. Recomendamos que usted y sus pasajeros utilicen el cinturón de seguridad en todo momento.
BMW of North America, LLC
English version on front side
Versión en inglés en el frente
4 Affected Products
12 Associated Documents
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers, etc.) – Safety Recall and FAQ’s on 2018 and 2019 X2 Sports Activity Coupe and X1 Sports Activity Vehicles produced between July 28, 2017 and April 5, 2019. The cone collar disc may not have been installed on the tie rod.RCMN-19V601-1867
Remedy Instructions and TSBRCRIT-19V601-4484
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers, etc.) – Safety Recall and FAQ’s on 2019 MINI Vehicles produced between March 15, 2019 and April 8, 2019. The cone collar disc may not have been installed on the tie rod.RCMN-19V601-1528
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-19V601-7327
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2020-1RCLQRT-19V601-9190
Remedy Instructions and TSBRCRIT-19V601-8231
Remedy Instructions and TSBRCRIT-19V601-0629
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-4RCLQRT-19V601-5925
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)- MINI
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)- BMWRCONL-19V601-1871
Latest Recalls Documents
For the Latest and Most Recent Recalls Information Visit the link below…
- Toolwiz 3/8” Inner Tie Rod Tool Turns smooth tie rods easily. Able to remove inner tie rod without removing the outer tie rod. Best tool for servicing inner tie rods to easily remove, repair & installation
- Compatibility: Suitable for all standard tie rods with smooth cylinder ends; It will work on any rod that fits between the 3 inch top and bottom components with both 9/16” nuts screwed on and tightened
- Easy to Use: Slide tool over the end and tighten collar to allow access with a 3/8” drive extension; adapters can be used for larger breaker bars/extensions
- Secure & Strong Grip: Tool teeth grip the tie rod securely as you plug in a socket wrench or breaker bar and turn as necessary
- Convenient: With it's compact and low profile design it is easy to store; Inexpensive and effective way to turn smooth tie rod ends
- INNER TIE ROD REMOVAL TOOL: This Orion Motor Tech inner tie rod removal tool set lets you remove and install inner tie rods without removing the rack and pinion; the 1/2 Inch drive tube handle with a 2.2 in inner diameter allows servicing on small cars, pick-ups, and SUVs
- 12 CROWFOOT ADAPTERS: The 12 crowfoot adapters cover most common SAE and metric sizes of 1-3/16", 1-1/4", 1-5/16", 1-3/8", 1-7/16", 1-1/2", 29 mm, 32.5 mm, 33.6 mm, 38.4 mm, 40 mm, and 42 mm
- UNIQUE DESIGN: Our inner tie rod remover's 20 inch tube handle lets you remove and install inner tie rods in places where sockets and wrenches can’t fit; works on inner tie rods with inaccessible wrench flats
- SUPERIOR DURABILITY: Our tie rod drawing tools and adapters are steel forged for lasting strength; the flexible sliding collar at the top of the sleeve tightly attaches the crowd feet adapters; the knurled handle provides firm control
- HASSLE-FEE OPERATION: Thanks to intuitive design and clear instructions our rod removal set is easy to use; select the right adapter, slide it over the tie rod, click the tool and adapter together, then use a 1/2 inch ratchet or impact wrench to remove the rod
- Universal Fit: Designed for secure and effectual removal of the inner rod. The inner rod can be easily removed and installed without removing the rack and pinion. Applicable to most domestic and imported vehicles, including cars, pickups, and off-road vehicles.
- 12 Pcs Crowfoot Adapters: This tie rod kit Includes 12 sizes of crowfoot-style adapters: 1-3/16", 1-1/4", 1-5/16", 1-3/8", 1-7/ 16", 1-1/2" and 29 mm, 32.5 mm, 33.6 mm, 38.4 mm, 40 mm, 42 mm. To get all your work done quickly and efficiently.
- All-steel Forged: Our tie rod drawing tools and adapters are made of durable, all-steel forging that ensures long-lasting use. The flexible sliding collar on the sleeve's top securely holds the crowd feet adapters in place, while its compatibility with 1/2" drive wrenches allows you to install parts that ordinary wrenches cannot handle. Additionally, the knurled handle provides a firm grip for optimal control at all times.
- Easy to Operate: The entire operation is effortless. Step 1: Slide the adapter on the plane of the lever. Step 2: Rotate the collar to fix the fishtail joint in place. Step 3: Use a 1/2 inch ratchet or impact wrench to the end hole.
- Effortless Organization: The product is equipped with a case to facilitate your orderly storage and is convenient for you to carry. Help you deal with emergencies of vehicle repair at any time. › See more product details
- DESIGN CONSIDERATIONS: The Tie Rod End tool is constructed from a high quality heat treated drop forged steel body and thrust bolt, while the center tip on the forcing screw allows for perfect alignment of the tool to the tie rod stud.
- APPLICATIONS: Our 19mm Universal Tie Rod End Tool can be used on imports and many other front wheel drive vehicles, including SUVs with rack and pinion steering. Designed to fit securely on tie rod ends, this tool’s ¾-16 x 4-3/4” forcing screw provides enough power to remove stubborn tie rods in compact and mid-size cars.
- GET THE SET: We offer a full range of front end service tools. The complete set can be found under ARES 70840. We've got the tools that you'll need to get the job done now!
- RELIABLE | EFFECTIVE | EFFICIENT: Users trust ARES to be quality tools that make an impact. You are backed by our Performance Assurance Limited Lifetime Warranty. If you have any issues with your ARES 19mm Universal Tie Rod End Tool, simply contact customer service for troubleshooting help, parts, replacement, or refund.
- ASPCA BUSINESS AMBASSADOR: We are proud to be part of the ASPCA Business Ambassador Program. If you have a pet, you realize they are more than a pet, they are part of the family. With your support, we’re proud to help this great organization.
- Toolwiz inner tierod removal tool is designed specifically for the removal of the direction of the steering rod
- This inner tie rod remover is suitable for tie rods between 27mm and 42mm in diameter
- Inner Tire Rod Removal Tool: Easily removes inner tie rod ends without removing rack and pinion
- This inner tie rod tool is specially designed to be used with 1/2" square drive tools
- Inner tie rod tool removal is universal fits for various vehicles, compatible with Mercedes, Benz, BMW, Toyota, Honda, and more
- Practical: the 3/8" Inner Tie Rod Tool turns smooth tie rods easily and remove inner tie rods without removing the outer tie rod
- Compatibility: fit for all standard tie rods with smooth cylinder ends; Work on any rod that fits between the 3" top and bottom components with both 9/16" nuts screwed on and tightened
- Easy to use: simply slide tool over the end and tighten collar to allow access with a 3/8" drive extension; adapters can be used for larger breaker bars/extensions
- Strong grip: tool teeth grip the tie rod securely as you plug in a socket wrench or breaker bar and turn these smooth tie rod ends
- Convenient: design with compact/low profile means no bulky tool to store; Best tool for servicing inner tie rods to easily remove, repair and installation
- Use as a pitman arm remover for many small Domestic rear wheel drive vehicles, or as a tie rod end puller for many Domestic and import vehicles
- Color: Black
- Item Package Dimension: 6.5" L x 1.0" W x 4.08" H
- Item Package Weight: 1.0 lb
- [Application]: 3/8” square hole Inner tie rod tool for removing inner tie rods without having to extract outer tie rods. For all standard tie rods with smooth cylinder ends; works on any rod that fits between the 3” top and bottom components with both 9/16” nuts screwed on and tightened.
- [Material]: Hardened Steel with ridged inner teeth,compact and durable.
- [Performance]: Simply the most effective tool to remove stubborn inner tie rods. This tool made getting the inner end out relatively painless and hassle free, and also it is a lot cheaper than the tube style special tool and easily adjustable. No need to rent or buy inner tie rod breaker tool anymore.
- [Notes from Seller]: It's for a 3/8" drive. NO INSTRUCTION is included in the package. It is easy to operate, but we still recommend professional installation in case any unexpected problem.
- ALL IN ONE FRONT END SERVICE KIT: Containing 5 adjustable tools for a wide range of domestic and import vehicles. Comes with 1x Ball Joint Separator, 1x Tie Rod and Ball Joint Remover, 1x Conical Pitman Arm Puller, 1x Pitman Arm and Tie Rod End Puller, 1x Pitman Arm Puller, 1x well-organized ABS case.
- HARDENED ALLOY CONSTRUCTION: Extraordinarily tough and durable alloy means these tools can stand up to the toughest jobs. This front end service tool kit can remove the most stubborn ball joints, tie rod ends, and pitman arms.
- UNIVERSALLY COMPATIBLE WITH A WIDE RANGE OF VEHICLES: The versatile design allows this tool to be used as a pitman arm remover, ball joint separator, or tie rod end puller for many small, domestic rear-wheel-drive vehicles, import vehicles, and light trucks.
- PROFESSIONAL PORTABLE ABS CASE: The custom-molded case is crafted from high-quality ABS hard plastic for the amateur or professional mechanic on the go. Conveniently keeps all your tools in one organized and secure place. Never miss out on a job or project from a misplaced tool.
- ORION MOTOR TECH PROMISE: If any issues from our tools arise please don’t hesitate to contact us. We guarantee the quality of our tools and want to ensure you’re only getting the best. Because to do perform your best, you deserve the best, that’s our Orion Motor Tech Promise.
- [Perform Maintenance on Your Vehicle]: The ABN Master Inner Tie Rod Tool Removal 4-Piece Kit allows you to save time to make adjustments without removing the rack and pinion to access hard-to-reach tie rods
- [For Your Toolkit]: With its 1/2-inch square drive, this tie rod remover tool will work with your existing 1/2-inch drive wrench (not for power tools); Constructed from black coated steel for maximum strength and longevity
- [Fits Your Vehicle]: 1 3/16-inch adapter compatible with most front wheel drive (FWD) vehicles with new style tie rods; 1 5/16-inch adapter compatible with most rear wheel drive (RWD) and vehicles with racks and pinion power steering; 1 7/16-inch adapter compatible with most cars with saginaw in steering gear
- [Easy Storage]: No need to worry about tie rod end removal tool kit parts getting lost in your workshop; Heavy-duty 16.75 x 2.25 x 7.5 inch (42.5 x 5.7 x 19.1cm) plastic blow-molded carrying case with 2 latches and built-in handle for easy transportation, safe storage, and quick organization
- [Package Contents]: Tie rod end removal tool set includes (1) dual socket rapid slide collar inner tie rod tool (1‐3/16-inch and 1‐5/16-inch hex), (3) adaptors (1‐3/16, 1‐5/1, 1‐7/16 inch adapters with 1‐5/16 inch hex), and (1) carrying case for your convenience
Last update on 2023-11-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product presentation was made with AAWP plugin.