February 9, 2022 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 22V070000
An internal transmission leak can result in a vehicle rollaway, increasing the risk of a crash or injury.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 22V070
Manufacturer BMW of North America, LLC
Components POWER TRAIN
Potential Number of Units Affected 4
BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2022 330i, 530i, X3 xDrive30i, and X4 xDrive30i vehicles. The mechatronics unit inside the transmission may not have been assembled properly, which could result in an internal leak.
Dealers will replace the transmission mechatronics unit, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed April 4, 2022. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
|E-Series||Model Description||Production Date|
|G01||X3 Sports Activity Vehicle||December 3, 2021|
|G02||X4 Sports Activity Coupe||December 14, 2021|
|G20||3 Series Sedan||August 13, 2021|
|G30||5 Series Sedan||November 3, 2021|
Please perform the procedure outlined in this Service Information on all affected vehicles before customer delivery. In the event the customer has already taken delivery of the vehicle, please perform the procedure the next time the vehicle is in the shop.
There is possibility that the fastening of the mechatronics of the automatic transmission was not carried out correctly. To fix this issue, the transmission mechatronics will need to be replaced.
The Recall Notice has been attached for further information.
Replace the automatic transmission mechatronics.
Replace the automatic transmission mechatronics according to repair instructions 24 34 613 Replace mechatronics (after vehicle diagnosis) (without programming/encoding, see 61 00 …)
Obtain and confirm the part number below for your specific vehicle by entering the chassis number in either ETK or AIR which takes into account the specific equipment and/or options.
|24 34 5A131E0||RP mechatronics repair kit (GA8HP76Z)||1|
|24 34 5A131E4||RP mechatronics repair kit (GA8HP51Z)||1|
|24 34 5A131E6||RP mechatronics repair kit (GA8HP51Z)||1|
|24 34 8098297||RP mechatronics repair kit||1|
|83 22 2289720||Automatic transmission fluid 3+ (1 liter)||6 liters in sublet|
SAFETY RECALL NOTICE
To: All Center Operators, Sales Managers, Service Manager, Parts Manager and Warranty Processor
RE: Recall 22V-070: Transmission Mechatronics – B24 01 22
Please be reminded that it is a violation of federal law (The Safety Act) for you to sell, lease or deliver any new motor vehicle covered by this notification until the recall repair has been performed. This means that centers may not legally deliver new motor vehicles to consumers until they are fixed or use/sell replacement equipment/parts subject to this recall. Note also that substantial civil penalties apply to violations of the Safety Act.
Also, you should not sell, lease or deliver any Certified Pre-Owned or used vehicles subject to a safety recall until the repair is completed.
Please follow any special instructions that we provide to you for the return or disposition of recall parts.
We appreciate all your assistance with this Recall.
4 Affected Products
4 Associated Documents
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Dealer Bulletin re BMW Recall 22V-xxx: Transmission MechatronicsRCMN-22V070-2394
Defect Notice 573 Report
Remedy Instructions and TSBRCRIT-22V070-1856
Latest Recalls Documents
- 6 x 1L Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF)
- Part # 20032
- Made in Germany.
- Please see description below for compatible cars.
- Brand New Transmission Oil Pan Filter Kit and 6 Liters of Lifeguard 6
- OE#: 24 15 2 333 907, 83 22 2 220 445
- ZF #: 0501 220 297, S 671 090 255
- Automatic Transmission Fluid (1 Liter).
- Part # 83222220445
- Manufacturer: ZF
- Please see FITMENT CHART below, under PRODUCT DESCRIPTION.
- Brand New ZF PARTS Lifeguardfluid 6, 6 Piece Set
- BMW OE#: 83 22 2 220 445
- ZF PARTS #: S671-090-255
- Automatic Transmission Service Kit
- Contains: 1 x Oil Pan & Filter Assembly, 24 x Pan Bolts, 1 x Fill Plug
- 6 x 1L ATF (Made in Germany)
- Please see description below for fitment:
- SUITABLE FOR USE IN 95% of ATF VEHICLES in operation with US registered light duty applications.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE CONDITIONING AGENTS prolong seal elasticity to prevent leaks
- IMPROVE DURABILITY & TRANSMISSION LIFE with anti-wear technology to avoid costly repairs
- ENHANCED HIGH & LOW TEMP PERFORMANCE supports transmission fluid in all weather situations
- WIDEST SPECIFICATION RANGE - Compatible with FORD XL-12 Case Fluid, BMW LT 71141, Allison TES 295, TES 389, MERCON V, Dexron VI, JEEP ATF 3, ATF 4, HONDA DW1, KIA SP-III/ IV, Mazda ATF MIII/ MV, Nissan Matic D/J/K/S/W - See complete spec pictures of spec sheet.
- FILL FOR LIFE in passenger cars, SUVs and light duty trucks. High shear and thermal stability make this fluid extremely long lasting. 300,000 + mile drain on passenger cars and SUVs. 100,000 miles for heavy duty pickup trucks.
- HEAVY DUTY DURABILITY – high load carrying capacity, high film strength and transmission protection, make this product ideal for heavy duty applications such as diesel trucks, towing, hauling and general high torque applications
- OEM GRADE – Meets or exceeds the specification and performance requirements when compared with OEM fluids from most manufacturers.
- KEY PERFORMANCE METRICS – Highly efficient torque transfer | Lower transmission operating temperature | Superb protection for key transmission parts | Excellent seal maintenance | Smooth rapid and precise shifting without slipping.
- Provides consistent shift performance for new and old GM transmissions
- Extends transmission fluid life and prevents fluid breakdown at higher operating temperatures
- Provides excellent oxidative stability under severe conditions
- Reduces sludge and varnish build-up
- For any product use or product technical questions call 1-800-TEAM-VAL
Last update on 2022-09-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.