|E-Series||Model Description||Production Date|
|G01||X3 Sports Activity Vehicle – PHEV only||June 3, 2020 – January 22, 2021|
|G05||X5 Sports Activity Vehicle – PHEV only||June 6, 2020 – January 14, 2021|
|G12||7 Series Sedan – PHEV only||March 16, 2020 – May 7, 2020|
|G20||3 Series Sedan – PHEV only||March 5, 2020 – September 24, 2020|
|G30||5 Series Sedan – PHEV only||March 4, 2020 – November 23, 2020|
Vehicles which require this Recall Campaign to be completed will show it as “Open” when checked either in AIR, the “Service Menu” of DCSnet (Dealer Communication System), ISPA Next or Warranty Vehicle Inquiry.
BMW AG is conducting a Voluntary Safety Recall (effective September 24, 2021) on certain Model Year 2020-2021 BMW Plug-In Hybrid-Electric (PHEV) vehicles that were produced between March 4, 2020 and January 22, 2021. This is an expansion to recall 20V-601 from 2020.
The high-voltage battery may not have been produced to specifications. When charging the battery, this could lead to a short-circuit and, in rare cases, a thermal event. The affected high-voltage battery module(s) will be replaced.
Please do not charge the vehicle’s high-voltage battery until further notice.
The Recall Notice and Q&A have been attached for further information.
The bulletin will be updated when additional information becomes available. We anticipate being able to start at the end of October.
On Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) models, the HV battery may not have been produced to specifications. When charging the battery to near its full state of charge, this could lead to a short-circuit and, in rare cases a thermal event.
The vehicle will be inspected and, if necessary, HV module(s) will be replaced.
Important warning for working on the high-voltage systems on BMW Group vehicles:
Only properly trained personnel, who have passed all applicable technical training courses, should perform any maintenance or repairs on any Hybrid or Electric Vehicle. Work performed by unqualified persons may result in severe injury or damage to the vehicle. Additional information is found in Repair Instruction 61 00… Observe safety instructions when handling electric vehicles.
The defective modules must be returned by following the proper module recycling procedure depicted in the Recall Part Retention section of this bulletin. These modules must be at the lowest possible SOC (State of Charge) for return.
Carrying Out the Battery Service Measure
- Connect the vehicle to the diagnosis and carry out a Vehicle Test.
- If a cell module is affected, ISTA sets the fault S 0795.
- Perform the associated test module in the test plan to determine the affected cell modules to be replaced. For PHEV with SP41, SP45 or SP44 High-voltage battery unit: Cell modules (ABL-DITAT6127_SP0XZM available with ISTA version 4.32.1x, released October 21, 2021).
- The test plan will identify the affected modules one at a time. Therefore, it is imperative to select NEXT all the way to the end of the test plan to ensure that all affected modules which are needed to complete the repair are displayed.
- If cell modules are prompted for replacement, replace the corresponding cell modules. Follow the proper repair instructions for the specific vehicle; see REP 61 27 XXX “Removing and Replacing High-voltage Battery Cell Modules”.
- If a cell module exchange is not instructed, the vehicle is OK. -> No further measures required.
Please verify that the replacement cell modules you receive are the ones you ordered and were boxed correctly. The part numbers received must cross-reference to the EPC part# POS (positive) or NEG and install them in the correct position in the high-voltage battery as per the illustration below.
The replacement cell modules voltages need to be balanced prior to installation, as per the repair instructions (Preliminary work – Adjust charging voltages of the replacement module(s) to remaining modules). This operation is included in the allocated time below.
Please make sure to update your high-voltage equipment (EOS tester and Deutronics charger) to the latest software .
The diagnosis of the cell modules is only available with the ISTA version 4.32.1x.
A TC case is NOT necessary to order the replacement HV battery cell modules as per this campaign. However, in the case of a vehicle that is showing the campaign as OPEN, but the test plan reveals NO defective modules; please submit a TSARA case for “SIB 61 13 21 – no defective modules detected” for further instruction .
The date in the serial number of the High-voltage module can be displayed in two different formats:
Safety Recall 20V-601
Model Year 2020-2021
PHEV [BMW 3 Series, 5 Series, 7 Series, X3 SAV, X5 SAV / MINI Countryman]
Issue Date: 09/24/2021
Last Update: 09/24/2021
Q1. Which BMW Group models in the US are potentially affected by this Safety Recall?
Q2. What is the specific issue?
On PHEV models, the high-voltage battery may not have been produced to specifications.
Charging the battery could lead to a short-circuit and in rare cases, a thermal event.
Q3. Why are other models / vehicles not included in this Safety Recall?
Other models have been produced with a high-voltage battery that has been produced to specifications.
Q4. How did BMW Group become aware of the issue?
BMW Group became aware of the issue through our quality control procedures.
Q5. Can I continue to drive my vehicle?
If you are not the only driver of this vehicle, please advise all other drivers of this important information.
However, if the issue occurs while driving, which may manifest itself with a displayed Check Control message for HV Battery/Drivetrain malfunction and a vehicle in a failsafe mode, carefully move away from traffic as soon as possible, pull over to a safe location, and shut off the power. Do not continue to drive the vehicle. All occupants should exit the vehicle and move to a safe location.
Dial 911 in the event of an emergency. If it is not an emergency, contact BMW Roadside Assistance at 1-800-332-4269 or MINI Roadside Assistance at 1-866-646-4772 to have your vehicle brought to the nearest BMW center or MINI dealer.
Q6. Can I charge my vehicle?
No, DO NOT PLUG IN OR CHARGE YOUR VEHICLE.
Q7. How can I check my battery state of charge?
Q8. Is it recommended that I drain the high-voltage battery? If so, how do I do that?
Yes. It is recommended to drain the high-voltage battery. Specific instructions are below for models affected by this recall.
- Using iDrive, go to Settings > Driving mode > Battery Control > Set or leave the charging state at 30%.
For MINI Countryman:
- Press the eDrive switch > Select MAX eDRIVE or AUTO eDRIVE > Confirmation will show in the Central Display.
Q9. Should I park my vehicle outside?
The possibility of a thermal event is extremely rare. Once the battery has been drained, the possibility decreases even further.
Q10. How will I be informed of this Safety Recall?
Letters will be mailed to owners in November via First Class mail advising them of this Safety Recall and the availability of the remedy with applicable instructions.
To ensure BMW and MINI have the most up-to-date contact and vehicle information, owners should register their vehicle at www.bmwusa.com/myBMW or https://ol.miniusa.com/. Registration is free and will give them access to other information specific for their BMW or MINI.
Q11. How and when will my vehicle be repaired?
The affected battery modules will be replaced for free.
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Latest Recalls Documents
For the Latest and Most Recent Recalls Information Visit the link below…
- CHARGE YOUR EV FASTER: Level 2 electric vehicle charging station compatible with any EV charges up to 9Xs faster than a standard wall outlet
- UNIVERSAL EV CHARGER: Tested on leading EV models: Chevrolet Bolt EV, Volvo Recharge, Polestar, Hyundai Kona and Ioniq, Kira NIRO, Nissan LEAF, Tesla, Toyota Prius Prime, BMW i3, Honda Clarity, Chrysler Pacifica, Jaguar I-PACE, and more
- SMARTHOME AND WIFI ENABLED: Set a convenient charging schedule with the ChargePoint app, compatible with Alexa devices
- UP TO 50 AMPS: Energy Star rated electric car charging station features flexible amperage settings from 16 to 50 amps
- FEATURES: Easy indoor or outdoor installation by an electrician; Plug-in or hardwired installation available; Plug-in installation requires circuits rated 40A or 50A; Voltage: 240 V; Cable length: 23 feet
- ❤ [Operating Regulations]: 👍Work Voltage: 200V-270V, suggest 220V or 240V; 👍Socket: Only works with Nema 14-50 plug-in socket; 👍Doesn't charge: Your charging mode is "APP Start", pull out the charging gun, long press "Ⓐ Button" and switch to "Plug-and-Play" mode, then it will work well. 👍Can't adjust the current by APP: Stop the charging, then you can adjust current.(Because adjust the current when charging may cause abnormalities)
- ❤ [6X Faster with ETL and Energy Star Listed, Meets the Safety Criteria Defined by: SAE J1772, UL2231-1/-2, UL 991, UL 2231, UL 2251, UL1998 and UL 2594 & Compatible with all EVs and PHEVs Sold in North America]: Say goodbye to slow level 1 ev charger and enjoy 6X faster charging. Designed with J1772 TYPE 1 standard connector, compatible with Tesla (Adaptor Needed), Ford, GM, Nissan, Audi, Kia, Honda, BMW, Kia, Hyundai, Gmc, Chevy, etc.
- ❤ [Up to 7.68kWh High Speed Charging & Adjustable Amperage from 16A to 32A]: Maximum current output of 32 Amps for 40A circuit breaker, 24 Amps for 30A circuit breaker, or 16 Amps for 20A circuit breaker. Charge Rate: 22-25 miles per hour at 32A, 15-18 miles per hour at 24A and 10-12 miles per hour at 16A. (Kindly note: Some cars may turn down the current automatically when the voltage is unstable.)
- ❤ [Smart LED Screen Display & Touch Control]: Clearly show the Amperage, charging speed, input voltage, delay time, charge safely. For the touch buttons: 1. Pull out the charging gun, otherwise the touch buttons will no respond; 2. Long press "Ⓐ" to switch "Plug-and-Play" or "APP Start" charging modes(You can switch to "Plug and Play" mode if doesn't charge after plugged); 3. Short press "Ⓐ" to adjust the amperage from 16A to 32A by needs.
- ❤ [Smart APP Control, Real-time Monitor and Appoint The Charging Start Time, Save your Money]: You can search "Smart life" by Apple store or Google Store, which allows your vehicles to be charged during off-peak period by setting the charging start time, save money on the electricity bills. Check the charging cost, history, fully-charged notification, track the charging status, and adjust the current before the charging.
- COMPATIBILITY: Wall Connector is compatible with all Tesla models: Model S, Model 3, Model X and Model Y.
- CHARGING SPEED: Up to 44 miles of range per hour of charge, with up to 11.5 kW / 48 amp output, depending on Tesla model and breaker size.
- CONVENIENCE: Indoor or outdoor installation (by your own electrician or one of the 1,400+ Tesla Certified Electricians) with variable amperage that allows max output to be customized to an existing power supply and supports any output up to 48A. Possible max output configurations include: 48A, 40A, 32A, 24A, 16A, 12A.
- CONNECTIVITY: Connecting the Wall Connector to a local Wi-Fi network enables over-the-air firmware updates for continual product improvements and remote access control.
- POWER-SHARE: Power-share is ideal for locations that need to charge more than one Tesla at the same time. This functionality allows up to six Wall Connectors to be linked for efficient power management.
- Engineered by Autel, the industry-leader in automotive diagnostic tools since 2004, the MaxiCharger Home is a Level 2, 240 Volt electric vehicle (EV) charging station that can charge any EV or plug-in hybrid up to 9X faster than a Level 1 regular outlet charger.
- The advanced Autel Charge mobile app allows you to track, manage, schedule, and optimize smart EV charging anytime to take advantage of off-peak electricity rates. Adjustable power output up to 50 Amps allows you to choose what works best for your home and lifestyle, helping to avoid costly electrical upgrades.
- A durable 25-foot cable, sturdy construction, and high-grade materials provide maximum weather resistance. A NEMA 4X protection rating provids safe and reliable indoor and outdoor usage in any climate.
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Ethernet connectivity options ensure automatic OTA (over-the-air) firmware updates and seamless connectivity and communication with your mobile device. The optional start and stop RFID card functionality can prevent unauthorized use. This EV charger has a glass cover but no screen display.
- A 3-year warranty, 24/7 support from the best-in-class charging stations customer service, and automatic updates will deliver safe and secure electric vehicle charging for years to come. This 12kW MaxiCharger is a hardwired version but the hardwire cable is not included in the package.
- 🔋𝟒𝐗 𝐅𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠: ShockFlo level 2 EV Charger charging 4X speed than a standard charger. Getting 44 miles in 4 hours (Charging Power: 240V, 16A, 3.8KW ). Equipped with 𝐍𝐄𝐌𝐀 𝟔-𝟐𝟎 𝐏𝐥𝐮𝐠 (𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥 𝟐 𝐜𝐢𝐫𝐜𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐬, 𝟐𝟒𝟎𝐕), 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐍𝐄𝐌𝐀 𝟓-𝟏𝟓𝐏 (𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥 𝟏 𝐜𝐢𝐫𝐜𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐬,𝟏𝟏𝟎𝐕). Match different circuits with ease, charging your car more freely at home or outdoors. 🌟(𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞: EV Charger will charge slowly when charging 80% or temperature rises to a high point for safety of your car)
- 🚗𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐉𝟏𝟕𝟕𝟐 𝐄𝐕𝐬 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐨𝐫𝐭: Shockflo level 1 EV charger used for all J1772 electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids.Including Ford, GM, Nissan Leaf Series, Audi e-tron, Kia, Honda (Clarity Electric/PHEV), BMW (i3, 5 Series), Chevrolet (Volt,Bolt), Toyota (Prius Prime,RAV4 Prime), and Hyundai (Ioniq, Kona), Ford (Fusion Energi) and more.
- ✅𝐂𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞, 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐟𝐞𝐫: Feature with FCC international certified and built-in against lightning protection, current leakage, grounding, low-voltage, over-voltage, over-charge, over-heat and over-current etc upgrade protect system. Besides, the EV Charger will auto power off when fully charged; ensuring the safety of your car. We suggest you add a circuit breaker to your home circuit for more safe.
- 👜𝐏𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐄𝐕 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐫: With storage bag, you can carry it out everywhere easily and not take up space. The control box and j1772 charger are made of anti-rolling and anti-scratch material and feature IP65 waterproof. EV charger level 1 works from -40℉ to 131℉. It is friendly to use outdoors or at home. ⚠️Warm Tips: We suggest you better not be exposed to sun directly due to it will lead to a rising temperature, which affects charging power or automatic power off（not affect the use of next time）
- 🚗𝐏𝐥𝐮𝐠-𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞:Shockflo EV charger feature with 21FT charging cable, it is long enough for most driveways or garages. And plug-play design ensures you charge your car more conveniently and faster without any installation. And LED indicator lights make you master the charging state easily.
- 【Makes For A Nice Setup】DAOLAR dock and hook combination is truly the perfect accessory for your EV charger. It is a simple addition that will have a huge impact to the outlook of your garage. The design concept is to keep your space organized and protect your charger from damage
- 【Heavy Duty and Durable】Heavy duty metal makes this charger holder extremely durable that can hold your EV Charger steady,and super easy to clean
- 【Perfect Fit All J1772 Plug】Highly recommend to anyone who want to mount standard J1772 type connector, indoors or outdoors
- 【Simple to Use】Simple insert and click the EV charging nozzle. The long charging cables can be easily coiled up and hung on the deep J hook
- 【No Cable Mess】Our cable organizer keeps your space clean by providing your wall ev charger with a safety storage holder - preventing kinking or tangling - so it stays ready for the next charge
- Grizzl-E Classic NEMA 14-50 Plug with 24 Feet Premium Cable is a simple, powerful, heavy-duty and portable Electric Vehicle Charging Station which is suitable for normal and cold weather. Compatible with all EVs and PHEVs sold in North America.
- UL Full Tested and Certified. Eligible for Federal rebate program. IP67 (Water resistant), Fire resistant. Over Current, Over Voltage , Under Voltage, Missing Diode, Ground Fault, and Over Temperature Protections. Self-Monitoring and Recovery, Power Outage Recovery. Built in GFCI.
- Fast charging and adjustable amperage: 40A, 32A, 24A, 16A. Maximum current output of 40 Amps for 50A circuit breaker, 32 Amps for 40A circuit breaker, 24 Amps for 30A circuit breaker, or 16 Amps for 20A circuit breaker. Charge Rate: 28-30 miles per hour at 40A, 22-25 miles per hour at 32A, 15-18 miles per hour at 24A and 10-12 miles per hour at 16A.
- Easy to install and use. Save hundreds of dollars on installation : just install a simple 14-50R outlet and you are ready to plug in your Grizzl-E. Easily transportable. Simple to remove from the mounting bracket and transport between different locations. NEMA-4 water and air tight metal enclosure. More power and output configurations for your money than any other charging station.
- Level 2 EV Charging: The MaxiCharger Home is a 240 Volt electric vehicle (EV) charging station that can charge any EV or plug-in hybrid up to 7X faster than a Level 1 (120 Volt) regular outlet charger. NEMA 6-50 and 14-50 Plug options, and a power output range of 6 amps up to 40 amps allows you to choose the charging speed that fits your lifestyle and home, helping to avoid costly electrical upgrades.
- Smart and Convenient Mobile App: Manage your charging easily, intelligently, and insightfully. The advanced Autel Charge mobile app allows you to track, manage, schedule, and optimize smart EV charging anytime to take advantage of off-peak electricity rates.
- Efficient Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Ethernet connectivity options ensure automatic OTA (over-the-air) firmware updates and seamless connectivity and communication with your mobile device. The optional start and stop RFID card functionality can prevent unauthorized use.
- Durable and Safe: The MaxiCharger's durable 25-foot cable, sturdy construction, and high-grade materials provide maximum weather resistance. A NEMA 4 protection rating, and certification by CSA testing labs, provide safe and reliable indoor and outdoor usage in any climate.
- 3 Year Warranty and 24/7 Support: The MaxiCharger NEMA plug units are easily installed by yourself or by a licensed electrician. A 3-year warranty, automatic updates, and around-the-clock support from Autel’s best-in-class customer service team will ensure a smooth and effortless onboarding and charging experience.
- 【High Compatibility】AplysiaTech EV charger is compatible with electric vehicles that meet SAE J1772 standards. our EV charger comes with convert NEMA 5-15 and 6-20 plugs that allow it to be used for both level 1 & level 2. The portable electric vehicle charger has an 21-foot cable, long enough for most driveways or garages.
- 【Level 1/2 Portable Electric Car Charger】 Our EV charger cable is 4 times faster than a standard EV charger comes with your car under Level 2 charging mode and getting you 44 miles with only 4 hours. It has a power range of 95-265V, up to 16A, Enable you to charge quickly.
- 【Safety guarantee】This Level 1/Level 2 EV charger weatherproof rating is IP67, controller IP54, CE certification, with lightning protection, leakage, grounding, low voltage, overvoltage, overcharge, overheating and overcurrent and other multiple protection.
- 【LED indicator】The LED indicator on the charger shows three different states: power, charge, and fault to help you identify the working status of EV charger and keep you informed of relevant charging information. If a fault is found, it will alert you and let you deal with the problem immediately.
- 【Easy to Carry】No worry about charging while traveling or on business,Our portable EV charger included storage bag to makes it easy to carry around and stay organized in your car, allowing you to charge anywhere, anytime, without having to find an EV charging station outside. Provide a fireproof NEMA 5-15P to 6-20R adapter, This EV charger can be carried directly in the car, always available, and can be charged anywhere there is a 120V or 240V socket.
- 🔴HIGH-SPEED CHARGING EXPERIENCE: The TopAutoGear electric vehicle charger offers a maximum current output of up to 16 amps, delivering an ultra-fast charging speed for your electric car. No more worries about waiting for charging – get your vehicle ready to hit the road at a moment's notice.
- 🔵INTELLIGENT LCD DISPLAY: Equipped with an intelligent LCD display screen, the TopAutoGear electric vehicle charger provides a clear visual representation of the charging status, five-level current selection, and scheduled charging settings. Easily understand the charging process and make adjustments as needed. This smart design keeps you informed about the charging progress, ensuring that your charging always aligns with your plans.
- ⚫CHARGER FREELY: 25-foot thick cable, allowing you to charge on-the-go with ease. Plus, we include a complimentary storage bag, adding a touch of ease and convenience to your charging experience.
- 🔴5 YEAR QUALITY ASSURANCE: Our five-year quality assurance reflects our unwavering confidence in product quality. The charger boasts an IP67 protection rating and has obtained UL and FCC certifications, featuring multiple safety protections like fire resistance, overcurrent, overvoltage, and over-temperature safeguards.
- 🔵BROAD COMPATIBILITY: Electric vehicle charger features a standardNEMA5-15P & 6-20 Plug and SAE J1772 interface, compatible with a wide range of vehicle models in the United States (Tesla requires an additional adapter). We provide you with comprehensive compatibility, ensuring a seamless connection for your charging experience.
Last update on 2023-11-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
11/8/21, 10:06 AM 61 13 21_RECALL 20V-601: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY 1/16 SIB 61 13 21 RECALL 20V-601: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY 2021-11-02 This Service Information Bulletin (Revision 1) replaces SI B61 13 21 dated September, 2021. What’s New: Entire bulletin except Model, Affected Vehicles, Situation Note: Yellow highlighted text in Procedure and Parts is for emphasis/importance. Variant A: YYMMDD Copyright ©2021 BMW of North America, Inc. 11/8/21, 10:06 AM 61 13 21_RECALL 20V-601: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY 4/16 Variant B (shown here): DDMMYY PARTS INFORMATION Only use and invoice the part numbers below that apply. Performing a part number look-up in ETK (EPC) by VIN or model in place of using/invoicing the following part numbers may result with the wrong part numbers being invoiced and installed, this could delay the payment of the claim. Parts for G05- Part Number for Technical Campaign Description Quantity 61 27 8 843 413 High-voltage battery module (34 AH NEG) only G05 (6 max) As needed 61 27 8 843 414 High-voltage battery module (34 AH POS) only G05 (6 max) As needed 39 10 6 865 725 Multi-purpose bolt 8 61 25 8 488 573 Screw 5 07 14 7 446 989 Hexagon bolt with washer (M8x25) 1 07 14 3 428 484 Hexagon bolt with washer (M8x30) 4 33 32 6 775 040 Hexagon bolt with washer (M14x1.5×148) 2 31 10 6 861 942 Hexagon bolt with washer (M10x35) 4 33 12 7 607 158 Recessed nut repair kit (M39x1.5×20) 1 26 11 7 523 709 Hexagon bolt (M12x1.5×58-ZNS3) 3 51 61 9 908 657 Hexagon bolt (M10X25.10.9.ZNS) 6 18 32 5 A0A 109 V-clip (D = 80 mm) 1 18 30 9 909 376 Hexagon screw (M8X25) 1 07 11 9 904 024 Hexagon nut (M8-ZNS3) 2 18 30 7 525 607 Hexagon nut (M8) – rounds to 5 pcs 1 07 14 7 413 212 Combination hexagon bolt (M12x40x1.5 10.9) 6 Copyright ©2021 BMW of North America, Inc. 11/8/21, 10:06 AM 61 13 21_RECALL 20V-601: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY 5/16 61 27 8 606 057 ISA screw (M6 GFX85-10.9-S) 48 07 14 9 909 495 Screw (M6x30) 16 11 51 9 908 732 Torx screw (M6x30) 8 07 12 9 908 570 ISA screw (V-M6 GFX16) 8 61 27 7 934 438 Seal 1 61 27 7 934 439 Seal 1 61 27 7 934 440 Seal 1 61 27 7 934 441 Seal 1 07 11 9 902 806 Hexagon bolt 5 61 27 8 697 233 Screw 38 61 27 8 697 234 Screw 71 61 27 8 487 619 Gasket 2 64 53 9 284 018 Gasket ring (d= 11 mm) 18 64 53 9 284 850 Gasket ring (d= 15 mm) 2 Additionally, other small parts that are not specified above, such as one-time use screws, nuts, Orings and seals, which must be replaced according to the ISTA repair instructions/ETK, must be selected from the Electronic Parts Catalog according to the respective vehicle type and invoiced under the special defect code. Note: Modules are designated as Positive and Negative modules (with different orientation and part numbers). When replacing modules, verify in EPC the correct part (POS/NEG) and reinstall according to their original position. See below . SP44 HV Battery (G05) modules- Copyright ©2021 BMW of North America, Inc. 11/8/21, 10:06 AM 61 13 21_RECALL 20V-601: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY 6/16 SP41 HV Battery (G01/G20/G20/G12) modules- Parts for G01- Part Number for Technical Campaign Description Quantity 61 27 8 843 411 High-voltage battery module (34 AH NEG) (3 max) As needed 61 27 8 843 412 High-voltage battery module (34 AH POS) (3 max) As needed 07 11 9 908 596 M12x1.5×48) screw 4 61 27 8 606 057 ISA screw (M6 GFX85-10.9-S) 24 07 12 9 908 570 ISA screw (V-M6 GFX16) 8 61 27 8 677 638 Hexagon bolt with inside Torx (M6x25 mm) 49 61 27 8 620 917 Seal for high-voltage battery 1 07 14 7 413 212 Combination hexagon bolt (M12x40x1.5 10.9) 3 26 11 7 523 708 Hexagon bolt (M12x1.5×44-ZNS3) 3 61 25 8 632 010 Hexagon bolt (M10x38) 2 33 12 7 607 158 Recessed nut repair kit (M39x1.5×20) 1 18 30 8 631 986 V-clip (D = 80 mm) 1 07 11 9 906 089 Collar nut (M8-8-SC-ZNNIV) 3 61 27 8 487 619 Gasket 1 Copyright ©2021 BMW of North America, Inc. 11/8/21, 10:06 AM 61 13 21_RECALL 20V-601: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY 7/16 64 53 9 284 018 Gasket ring (d= 11 mm) 5 64 53 9 284 850 Gasket ring (d= 15 mm) 1 Additionally, other small parts, such as screws, nuts and seals that must be replaced according to the ISTA repair instructions. These items must be selected from the Electronic Parts Catalogue according to the respective vehicle type, invoiced them also under the special defect code. Parts for G12, G30- Part Number for Technical Campaign Description Quantity 61 27 8 843 411 High-voltage battery module (34 AH NEG) (3 max) As needed 61 27 8 843 412 High-voltage battery module (34 AH POS) (3 max) As needed 61 27 8 606 057 ISA screw (M6 GFX85-10.9-S) 24 26 11 7 527 475 Hexagon bolt 3 26 12 7 536 563 Hexagon bolt (M12x1.5×58-ZNS3) 3 18 30 8 631 986 V-clip (D = 80 mm) 1 07 11 9 904 024 Hexagon nut (M8-ZNS3) 4 18 30 9 909 376 Hexagon bolt 1 07 14 7 413 212 Combination hexagon bolt (M12x40x1.5 10.9) 6 07 12 9 908 570 ISA screw (V-M6 GFX16) 4 61 27 8 620 917 Seal for high-voltage battery 1 61 27 8 677 638 Hexagon bolt with inside Torx (M6x25 mm) 49 61 25 8 632 010 Hexagon bolt (M10x38) 2 61 27 8 487 619 Gasket 1 64 53 9 284 018 Gasket ring (d= 11 mm) 5 64 53 9 284 850 Gasket ring (d= 15 mm) 1 Additionally, other small parts, such as screws, nuts and seals that must be replaced according to the ISTA repair instructions. These items must be selected from the Electronic Parts Catalogue according to the respective vehicle type, invoiced them also under the special defect code. Copyright ©2021 BMW of North America, Inc. 11/8/21, 10:06 AM 61 13 21_RECALL 20V-601: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY 8/16 Parts for G20- Part Number for Technical Campaign Description Quantity 61 27 8 843 411 High-voltage battery module (34 AH NEG) (3 max) As needed 61 27 8 843 412 High-voltage battery module (34 AH POS) (3 max) As needed 61 25 8 632 010 Hexagon screw (M10x38) 2 26 11 7 523 709 Hexagon bolt (M12x1.5×58-ZNS3) 3 26 12 7 536 563 Hexagon bolt (M12x1.5×58-ZNS3) 3 33 12 7 607 158 Recessed nut repair kit (M39x1.5×20) 1 18 30 8 631 986 V-clip (D = 80 mm) 1 07 11 9 904 024 Hexagon nut (M8-ZNS3) 1 18 30 7 525 607 Hexagon nut (M8) – rounds to 5 pcs 1 33 30 6 861 221 Torx screw (ISA M12x35-10.9) 6 61 27 8 606 057 ISA screw (M6 GFX85-10.9-S) 24 07 12 9 908 570 ISA screw (V-M6 GFX16) 8 61 27 8 620 917 Seal for high-voltage battery 1 61 27 8 677 638 Hexagon bolt with inside Torx (M6x25 mm) 49 61 27 8 487 619 Gasket 1 64 53 9 284 018 Gasket ring (d= 11 mm) 5 64 53 9 284 850 Gasket ring (d= 15 mm) 1 And, for all: Part Number Description Quantity 83 19 A32 851 BMW HT-12 Antifreeze Coolant bulk Sublet as needed 83 19 2 446 563 Refrigerant R1234yf Qty if/as needed Additionally, other small parts, such as screws, nuts and seals that must be replaced according to the ISTA repair instructions. These items must be selected from the Electronic Parts Catalogue according to the respective vehicle type, invoiced them also under the special defect code. Copyright ©2021 BMW of North America, Inc. 11/8/21, 10:06 AM 61 13 21_RECALL 20V-601: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY 9/16 Recalled Part Retention Recalled parts that are removed from BMW vehicles cannot be used for resale! The recalled parts are the property of BMW NA. Your center is responsible for the proper identification, storage, and documentation of these parts. They must be held in a secure retention area until notification of claim payment is made by BMW NA through DCSnet. There is now updated training and process information bulletins available for returning these recalled HV battery cells; please refer to: Aftersales Business Development (ABD) Bulletin #: B-2-0321-0301 – Required training information for returning defective high-voltage batteries. ABD Bulletin #: B-2-0321-0601 – HV BATTERY RECALL RETURN PROCESS For more information refer to CenterNet: “Menu>BMW>Aftersales>Business Development & Marketing Portal>Batteries>HV Training Module”. Please DO NOT return these recalled HV battery modules directly to the WPRC. CLAIM INFORMATION Reimbursement for this Recall will be via normal claim entry utilizing the applicable work package information below, the additional job/work labor, job/repair work time operations and the part numbers listed above that apply. Plus work Vehicle is already in the workshop for another repair Main work The vehicle arrives at your center and this Recall Campaign shows open (No other Main work will be performed/claimed during this workshop visit) (Excluding work time labor operation 00 71 177) Defect Code: 0061140600 Gx PHEV Replacing high-voltage battery cell modules Refer to AIR for the corresponding flat rate unit (FRU) allowances. Copyright ©2021 BMW of North America, Inc. 11/8/21, 10:06 AM 61 13 21_RECALL 20V-601: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY 10/16 Work Pkg Labor Operation Description Labor Allowance # 1 00 71 691 Checking the vehicle and removing and installing the high-voltage battery (Plus) Refer to AIR Or: # 2 00 71 176 Checking the vehicle and removing and installing the high-voltage battery (Main) Refer to AIR And, for the: 6-Module Configuration G01, G12, G20 and G30 (With WP # 1 or #2) Carrying Out the Battery Service Measure Labor Operation Description Labor Allowance 00 71 693 Additional job/work to remove and attach the lid (includes High-voltage battery unit final test after repairing the high-voltage battery unit) 11 FRU (G01/G12/G20/G30) And: 00 71 177 6-Module Configuration: Job/repair work time (WT) for replacing one or more modules (top and/or bottom) in addition to 00 71 691 or 00 71 176 and 00 71 693 WT: (See below) Work time labor operation code 00 71 177 is not considered a Main labor operation. A. 00 71 177 – Front Modules (up to 2) Labor Description Cell(s) FRU Replacing a cell module (# 5 POS) (Front Left); 1 4 Or: Replacing a cell module (# 2 NEG) (Front Right) 1 6 Or: Replacing a cell module (Both) (Front Left and Right) 2 10 Total Or/and (plus B up to a total of 3 cells only): Copyright ©2021 BMW of North America, Inc. 11/8/21, 10:06 AM 61 13 21_RECALL 20V-601: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY 11/16 B. 00 71 177 – Top Rear Modules (up to 2) Labor Description Cell(s) FRU Replacing a cell module (# 4 POS) (Top Rear Left) 1 4 Or: Replacing a cell module (# 3 NEG) (Top Rear Right) 1 3 Or: Replacing a cell module (Both) (Top Rear Left and Right) 2 7 Total Or: C. 00 71 177 – Front and Top Rear Modules (All 4, A – 10 FRU plus B – 7 FRU) Labor Description Cell(s) FRU Replacing a cell module (All) (Front and Rear Top) 4 17 Total Or: D. 00 71 177 – Rear Bottom Modules (up to 2) Including the rear Top Modules as required (up to 2, for a total of 4) Labor Description Cell(s) FRU Replacing a cell module (# 6 POS/ # 4 Pos) (Bottom/Top, Rear Left) 1 up to 2 12 Or: Replacing a cell module (# 1 NEG/ # 3 NEG) (Bottom/Top, Rear Right) 1 up to 2 12 Or: Replacing a cell module (Both) (Bottom/Top Rear, Left and Right) 2 up to 4 24 Total Or: E. 00 71 177 – Front (All 2), Rear Bottom (All 2)/Top Modules (0 to 2) (A – 10 FRU plus D – 24 FRU) Copyright ©2021 BMW of North America, Inc. 11/8/21, 10:06 AM 61 13 21_RECALL 20V-601: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY 12/16 Labor Description Cell(s) FRU Replacing a cell module (Front, Bottom/Top Rear) 4 to 6 34 Total Or, for the: 12-Module Configuration G05 (With WP # 1 or #2) Carrying Out the Battery Service Measure Labor Operation Description Labor Allowance 00 71 693 Additional job/work to remove and attach the lid (includes High-voltage battery unit final test after repairing the high-voltage battery unit) 8 FRU (G05) And: 00 71 177 12-Module Configuration: Job/repair work time (WT) for replacing one or more modules (Front, top and/or bottom) (includes High-voltage battery unit final test after repairing the high-voltage battery unit) in addition to 00 71 691 or 00 71 176 and 00 71 693 WT: (See below) A. 00 71 177 – Front Modules (up to 4) Labor Description (#1 – #7 POS and #6 – #12 NEG) Cell(s) FRU FRU Total Replacing a cell module (Front – First Cell) 1 24 24; plus Replacing each additional cell module (Front) 2 4 28; plus Replacing each additional cell module (Front) 3 4 32; plus Replacing each additional cell module (Front – All) 4 4 36 Or/and (plus B up to a total of 7 Cells only): B. 00 71 177 – Rear Top Modules (up to 4) Labor Description (#3 – # 9 POS and #2- #8 NEG) Cell(s) FRU FRU Total Replacing a cell module (Top – First Cell) 1 14 14; plus Copyright ©2021 BMW of North America, Inc. 11/8/21, 10:06 AM 61 13 21_RECALL 20V-601: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY 13/16 Replacing each additional cell module (Top) 2 6 20; plus Replacing each additional cell module (Top) 3 6 26; plus Replacing each additional cell module (Top – All) 4 6 32 Or: C. 00 71 177 – Front and Rear Top Modules (All 8, A – 36 FRU plus B – 32 FRU) Labor Description (#1, #3, #7, #9 POS and #2, #6, #8, #2 NEG) Cell(s) FRU Replacing a cell module (Front and Rear Top – All Cells) 8 68 Total Or/and (plus A up to a total of 11 Cells only): D. 00 71 177 – Rear Bottom Modules (up to 4); and as required Including (B) the Rear Top Modules (up to 4, 8 in total) Labor Description (#3, #4, #9, #10 POS and #2, #5, #8, #11 NEG) Cell(s) FRU FRU Total Replacing a cell module (Bottom/Top – First) 1 up to 2 36 36; plus Replacing each additional cell module (Bottom/Top) 2 up to 4 5 41; plus Replacing each additional cell module (Bottom/Top) 3 up to 6 5 46; plus Replacing each additional cell module (Bottom/Top) 4 up to 8 5 51 E. 00 71 177 – Front, Rear Bottom and Top Modules (up to a total of 11 Cells only) Labor Description (Front, Rear Bottom/Top) Cell(s) FRU FRU Total Replacing a cell module (Front – First); and 1 24 24 plus Replacing a cell module (Rear Bottom/Top – First) 1 up to 2 36 60 Labor Description (Front – Additional) Cell(s) FRU Plus Replacing each additional cell module (Front) 2 4 As applicable Replacing each additional cell module (Front) 3 4 As applicable Replacing each additional cell module (Front – All) 4 4 As applicable Labor Description (Rear Bottom/Top – Additional) Cell(s) FRU Plus (And/or) Replacing each additional cell module (Bottom/Top) 2 up to 4 5 As applicable Copyright ©2021 BMW of North America, Inc. 11/8/21, 10:06 AM 61 13 21_RECALL 20V-601: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY 14/16 Replacing each additional cell module (Bottom/Top) 3 up to 6 5 As applicable Replacing each additional cell module (Bottom/Top) 4 up to 8 5 As applicable 3 Front and 4 Bottom/4 Top Cell Modules (11 Total) = 83 FRU 4 Front and 4 Bottom/3 Top Cell Modules (11 Total) = 82 FRU 4 Front and 3 Bottom/4 Top Cell Modules (11 Total) = 82 FRU Or: F. 00 71 177 – Front (All 4), Rear Bottom (All 4)/Rear Top Modules (0 to 4) (A – 36 FRU plus D – 51 FRU) Labor Description Cell(s) FRU Total Replacing cell modules (Front, Rear Bottom and Top Modules) 8 to 12 87 Note: Only claim labor operation 00 71 177 one-time for the total applicable FRU allowance that applies. Claim Repair Comments Unless otherwise required by State law, only reference the SIB number, the work package (Pkg) number performed and when applicable (For WP #1 or # 2), the number of cell modules (front, rear top and/or bottom) that were replaced in the RO technician notes and in the claim comments. For example: B61 13 21 WP 1 with 1 bottom module replaced. And, as needed: Sublet – Bulk Materials (RO and Claim Comments Required) Sublet Code 4 Up to $15.00 Reimbursement for the repair-related bulk materials (Do not use the BMW part numbers for claim submission) Copyright ©2021 BMW of North America, Inc. 11/8/21, 10:06 AM 61 13 21_RECALL 20V-601: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY 15/16 Sublet reimbursement calculation for claiming the applicable repair-related bulk materials (BMW part numbers) is at the dealer net price amount for the quantities used plus your center’s handling. BMW Antifreeze/Coolant: Claim the corresponding sublet dollar amount for the quantity needed to replace what was drained with a 50/50 coolant/water solution. Enter this material cost in sublet and itemize the amount on the repair order and in claim comment section. Alternative Mobility Solution (AMS) for Vehicle Owners (RO and Claim Comments Required) This Recall repair qualifies for Alternative Mobility Solution (AMS) expense reimbursement, claim this item under the Defect Code noted above as follows: Sublet Code 2 – Itemize the AMS sublet amount on the repair order and in the claim comment section. Please refer to SI B01 29 16 for additional information. Reimbursement of Prior Customer-Pay Repairs (TREAD Act) Based on the issue and the age of the Affected Vehicles being addressed by this Safety Recall Campaign, a reimbursement request for a qualifying prior customer-pay repair is not likely. However, if you do receive a reimbursement request from a customer for a prior repair that may qualify, please contact the Warranty department (include a legible copy of the invoice) through IDS by selecting Coverage, Policy, Coding Questions and Mileage Corrections. The Warranty department will review and respond to your inquiry accordingly. QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS BULLETIN Technical inquiries Submit feedback at the top of this bulletin Warranty inquiries Please contact the Warranty department by either using the Live Chat that is available in the Warranty Documentation Portal or through IDS by selecting Coverage, Policy, Coding Questions and Mileage Corrections. Copyright ©2021 BMW of North America, Inc. 11/8/21, 10:06 AM 61 13 21_RECALL 20V-601: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY 16/16 Parts inquiries Submit an IDS ticket to the Parts Department Supporting Materials picture_as_pdf B611321_PHEV High Voltage Battery Recall_Enhanced Rental Procedure.pdf picture_as_pdf B611321 Recall Notice.pdf picture_as_pdf B611321_2021-BMW-MINI-MY2020-2021-PHEV-F60-Gxx-HV-Battery-FAQ- (24Sep2021).pdf picture_as_pdf B611321 B-2-0321-0601 HV Battery Recall Return Process.pdf Copyright ©2021 BMW of North America, Inc. Attachment to B61 13 21 September 2021 SAFETY RECALL NOTICE To: All Center Operators, Sales Managers, Service Manager, Parts Manager and Warranty Processor RE: Recall 20V-601: High-Voltage Battery – B61 13 21 BMW AG is conducting a Voluntary Safety Recall (effective September 24, 2021) on certain Model Year 2020-2021 BMW Plug-In Hybrid-Electric (PHEV) vehicles that were produced between March 4, 2020 and January 22, 2021. Please be reminded that it is a violation of federal law (The Safety Act) for you to sell, lease or deliver any new motor vehicle covered by this notification until the recall repair has been performed. This means that centers may not legally deliver new motor vehicles to consumers until they are fixed or use/sell replacement equipment/parts subject to this recall. Note also that substantial civil penalties apply to violations of the Safety Act. Also, you should not sell, lease or deliver any Certified Pre-Owned or used vehicles subject to a safety recall until the repair is completed. Please follow any special instructions that we provide to you for the return or disposition of recall parts. We appreciate all your assistance with this Recall. Attachment to B61 13 21 September 2021 © 2021 BMW of North America, LLC. The contents of this document are confidential and should not be shared with third parties for distribution. HV BATTERY RECALL RETURN PROCESS TAKE NOTE • High Voltage Battery Recalls require Centers to ship dangerous goods/hazardous materials. • ITAP is our new logistics partner that will facilitate these recalled HV battery returns. • Recalled parts that are removed from BMW vehicles cannot be used for resale! The recalled parts are the property of BMW NA. Your Center is responsible for the proper identification, storage, and documentation of these parts. They must be held in a secure retention area until notification of claim payment is made by BMW NA through DCSnet. TAKE ACTION • Review the instructions in the subsequent pages to prepare shipments for high voltage battery modules removed from vehicles affected by Recalls 20V-601, (B61 13 21), (B61 21 20) and 20V-490 (B61 17 20). If you have any questions regarding the preparation of the shipment, please use the ITAP contacts listed below. • If your Center has not completed the required supplemental HV Battery recall training, please reference bulletin B-2-0321-0301 prior to attempting to arrange for recalled HV battery returns. ITAP will require proof of training completion prior to setting up any module return. • Please ensure that the Warranty Part Tag is attached to your module if it has been issued and follow the details on this bulletin for the correct process of disposal. • If battery modules are listed on your scrap report, please continue to follow the details on the bulletin for the correct process of disposal. • Please do not contact ITAP until you have 9 modules ready for return, or all recalls in your PMA have been completed. MORE QUESTIONS? Required training information is available in bulletin B-2-0321-0301. ITAP Contacts: Nikedah Little or Edward Bonilla Email: email@example.com Phone: 323-685-4827 Aftersales Business Development Contacts: Name Phone Email Title Diana Walters 201-571-5918 Diana.Walters@bmwna.com Chemical & Battery Program Manager Jimmy Cox 201-307-4324 James.JC.Cox@bmwna.com Chemical, Battery & Oil Program Sales Manager Joachim Pusch 201-546-4635 Joachim.Pusch@bmwna.com Aftersales Business Development Manager – Service and Parts Bulletin #: B-2-0321-0601 ☒ Take Note ☒ Take Action ☐ Retail Operator ☐ Sales Pre-Owned ☐ Business Manager ☒ Parts & Accessories ☐ General Manager ☐ Sales New Car ☒ Service ☐ Administration Name: Diana Walters Phone Number: 201-571-5918 Title: HV Battery Recall Return Process Source: Aftersales Business Development Date: 03.18.2021 Supersedes: Attachment to B61 13 21 October 2021 IT Asset Partners, Inc. 8966 Mason Avenue Chatsworth, CA 91311 PH: 323-685-ITAP (4827) www.GoITAP.com Defective, Damaged, or Recalled (DDR) Lithium-ion Battery Module Packaging, Labeling/Marking, & Palletizing Instructions ITAP provides these recommended instructions & referenced photos for DDR lithium-ion batteries in line with DOT regulations 49 CFR 173.185 (f). Process must be performed by a hazardous material trained individual. Please read instructions in its entirety before starting. 1. The following materials will be found inside each provided 16-Gallon Steel Drum (PG I Rated = 1A2/X150) weighing approximately 36 lbs.: a. Loose perlite sitting at base of drum (5”). b. Bag of Perlite sitting on top of loose perlite. c. Empty plastic bag for battery module. d. A stretch wrap roll (on or in between drums – not in drum). 2. The following markings/labels & quantities will be provided per pallet inside drums: a. UN3480 Lithium-ion Batteries/Class 9 Qty. = (1) per drum & (2) per pallet. b. Defective/Damaged Lithium-ion Battery Qty. = (1) per drum, (2) per pallet c. Overpack Qty. = (2) per pallet. d. Shipper/Consignee Name & Address Qty. = (1) per drum, (1) per pallet Note: Regarding drums only; if generic adhesive markings/labels are already affixed on delivered drums, no markings/labels will need to be affixed or supplied. Contrastingly, a “Shipper/Consignee Name & Address” label will always be provided per drum. 3. The following are materials needed onsite to perform instructions: a. Mallet. b. Torque wrench/socket for 15/16” bolt head. c. Measuring tape or ruler. d. Electrically non-conductive tape for directly covering terminals or added protection in applying over existing proprietary terminal covers. e. Electrically non-conductive tape or plastic tie wrap/zip tie for sealing bagged module. f. Plastic tie wrap/zip tie for securing battery module cable lead. g. Tape for applying Shipper/Consignee Name & Address label on exterior of drum & stretch wrapped pallet. h. Permanent marker for writing on applicable labels/markings. i. Dust mask is not required but recommended in working with perlite as it can become dusty when pouring into drum. 4. Packaging of DDR battery module; (1) battery module per each plastic bag: a. First inspect each individual battery module to ensure it is safe/stable to ship, having no evidence of physical damage or potential issues that could cause a short circuit, evolution of heat, or fire. IT Asset Partners, Inc. 8966 Mason Avenue Chatsworth, CA 91311 PH: 323-685-ITAP (4827) www.GoITAP.com b. Ensure terminals are thoroughly covered with proprietary cover & electrically non-conductive tape to ensure no portion of terminals are exposed. SEE PHOTO 4b. #1 & #2. c. With electrically non-conductive tape, tape any cable leads that may be extending from the battery module. Attach cable to module with tie wrap/zip tie, like new module. If the plastic cable end is intentionally “pinched”, it could create a short circuit. Then cut off the excess length of tie wrap/zip tie. SEE PHOTOS 4c #1 – #3. 5. Drum preparation for battery module placement: a. First remove stretch wrap; then inspect drums/pallet to ensure there is no sign of damage that impairs integrity. Some pallet(s) may have more wear than others – not considered damaged. In the case there was damage created on delivery shipment, take photos and email to ITAP at the designated email address. ITAP team will follow up & advise next steps. b. When there are (7) – (9) drums per pallet, there will be a non-accessible drum at the center of pallet. Select the single drum on the perimeter that when removed allows the best access to the closure mechanism of the center drum. The selected drum will need to be temporarily removed off the pallet in order to perform/complete process on center drum first. Once the center drum is processed through section 9.e, the displaced drum can be replaced on the pallet at its original position. c. If applicable, select center drum first; using wrench, unscrew closure mechanism & remove lid from drum. d. Remove labels/markings found inside drum & place in safe location for use after packaging & drum closure is completed. e. Remove empty plastic bag from drum & place on a platform where the battery module can safely be handled/inserted into bag. 6. Place & seal battery module into empty plastic bag: a. Lay the battery module vertically with cable lead side facing upward. Do not lay module where cable lead side is at the bottom bearing weight of module – there shouldn’t be any unnecessary weight on this component that could cause damage to cable lead as mentioned in section 4.c. SEE PHOTO 6a. (Actual module in photos is not part of this project – only an example. Module in photos do not have a cable lead) b. Place plastic bag over the battery module & pull bag down completely to base of module where there is no excess bag room on top side of module. c. Then carefully lay module horizontally with its plastic cover/terminals facing upward – never lay battery module on plastic/terminal side facing down bearing module weight. d. Then lift horizontally laying module on the open side of the bag sufficient to pull bag so module is inserted completely, providing ample bag length to close and seal bagged battery module. e. In its current horizontal position, proceed to closing/sealing bag. If using tape to seal bag, fold the battery bag where the there is no longer an opening, and excess air has been removed from bag. Then tape it thoroughly so that it is sealed. If using a zip tie, place the zip tie at the center point of the excess portion of the bag opening to not stretch/rip bag, remove excess air from bag, & then zip tie the bag closed. Keep battery module laying horizontally. SEE PHOTO 6e. (Module in photo does not include a cable lead. This photo is only an example of a closed/sealed bag. THE PROCESS OF CLOSING/SEALING MODULE NEEDS TO BE PERFORMED WHILE LAYING HORIZONTALLY AS DESCRIBED ABOVE). IT Asset Partners, Inc. 8966 Mason Avenue Chatsworth, CA 91311 PH: 323-685-ITAP (4827) www.GoITAP.com 7. Placing (1) bagged/sealed battery module per each drum: a. Remove bag of perlite from selected drum & place on the floor temporarily. b. Then with the cable lead end of the module facing upward, place the bagged/sealed battery module vertically at the center of the drum on the base of loose perlite material, so that cable lead end of module is on top. With the module properly centered, the space between the module & inside wall of drum should be ~ 3.5” (no closer than 3”) on one axis, & ~4.5” (no closer than 4”) on the other; space measurements are based off the center of the drum and the module per axis. SEE PHOTO 7b. (module in photo does not have a cable lead). c. Open the bag of perlite & begin gently pouring the perlite material in the space around the battery module that is between the battery & the inner wall of the drum till you have reached the height of battery module. SEE PHOTO 7c. d. During this process, should there be any movement of the bagged battery where it is no longer at the center of the drum, please repeat this process till the module remains at the center as described above. Always keep a 5” base of perlite beneath module. e. Then pour the balance of the perlite material onto the drum, completely filling the drum. SEE PHOTO 7e. f. Then fold the empty bag & place on top of open drum for return. 8. Drum closure instructions: a. Place cover on the drum, making sure that the gasket is in place. b. Snap the closing ring over the cover & top lip of the drum. Make sure that the ring’s lugs point down below the ring. Also, make sure the bottom edge of the closing ring engages under the lip of the drum. c. Insert the bolt completely through the lug without thread. Then screw the bolt into the threaded lug. d. While tightening the bolt, tap the along the entire perimeter of the ring with a mallet, starting directly across from the bolt. e. Tighten the bolt with a torque of 60 ft-lbs., leaving a gap of 1/8” to 5/8” on closing ring. f. The cover & ring should not spin, & the free ends of the ring should not touch. g. Once the drum has been properly closed, turn the drum back as it was before where bolts are facing inward on the pallet so as to protect the bolts from any potential damage while being handled logistically. 9. DRUM LEVEL – Labels/Markings placement instructions (do not apply on rings of drums): a. With drum’s closure mechanism facing inward, place the below listed labels/markings on the drum, opposite side of the closure mechanism, facing outward. SEE PHOTO 9.a b. Place additional labels/markings safely aside for placement on pallet after it is stretch wrapped. c. UN3480 Lithium-ion Battery/Class 9 – affix (1) adhesive label/marking onto drum. Place as a square on point. If this label/marking is already present on drum, disregard this step. d. Defective/Damaged Lithium-ion Battery – before affixing to drum, with a permanent marker, write “ION” on the blank space of this adhesive label/marking & allow time to dry. On the same side of drum, affix (1) adhesive label/marking onto drum. If this label/marking is already present on drum, disregard this step. e. Shipper/Consignee Name & Address label – before affixing to drum, clearly write & fill in empty spaces with requested information. Using tape, securely affix onto same side of drum as other labels/markings. IT Asset Partners, Inc. 8966 Mason Avenue Chatsworth, CA 91311 PH: 323-685-ITAP (4827) www.GoITAP.com 10. Repeat process on remaining modules/drums: a. If applicable, replace temporarily moved drum back onto original pallet location. b. Then repeat sections 5.c – 9.e for remaining modules/drums; one module/drum at a time. c. Once pallet of all modules/drums are completed, move onto palletizing. 11. Palletizing instructions: a. If pallet was received with any cardboard or other material inserts in between drums, inserts should be repositioned as received. b. Inspect pallet & ensure no drums are extending beyond the perimeter of the pallet. c. Starting at any corner of the pallet, insert shrink wrap through the underside of a corner & pull out the other perpendicular side of the corner & tie a strong knot. SEE PHOTO 11c. d. Then start making rounds (5 rounds total) on the pallet itself at the base, wrapping only the pallet & its corners. This reinforces the stretch wrap with extra layers on the pallet corners to secure it from ripping when being pulled with relative force on the next 7 rounds for drums. SEE PHOTO 11d. e. Once 5 rounds have been completed at the base of the pallet itself, then continue to the additional (7) rounds on the drums themselves for a total (12) rounds, working your way up to where the stretch wrap overlaps over the top corner of the drums partially. SEE PHOTO 11.e #1 & #2. f. When stretch wrapping actual drums, pull with relative force at every turn/corner of the pallet in order to create enough tension and strength in the wrapping package. Otherwise, the stretch wrap will be loose & not strong enough for shipping. g. Once the (12) rounds are complete, cut the stretch wrap and tape the end of the stretch wrap onto the stretch wrapped pallet. 12. PALLET LEVEL – Labels/Markings placement instructions: a. Retrieve additional labels/markings found in drums. b. UN3480 Lithium-ion Battery/Class 9 – affix (2) adhesive labels/markings on opposing sides of stretch wrapped pallet. c. Defective/Damaged Lithium-ion Battery – before affixing to drum, with a permanent marker, write “ION” on the blank space of this adhesive label/marking & allow time to dry. Then affix (2) adhesive labels/markings on opposing sides. d. Overpack – affix (2) adhesive labels/markings on opposing sides. e. Shipper/Consignee – before affixing to drum, clearly write & fill in empty spaces with requested information. Using tape, securely affix onto same side of drum as other labels/markings. 13. Notification to ITAP & shipping documentation: a. Once all batteries have been packaged, labeled/marked & palletized, notify ITAP via email of the number of pallets & the number of batteries/drums per pallet. b. ITAP will confirm receipt of pickup request & begin to arrange logistics. c. ITAP will send completed BOL & written emergency response information (ERG 147 or SDS) in connection with provided information. d. Review BOL to ensure it matches the number of pallets & batteries/drums/packages per pallet. If there is any discrepancy, alert ITAP immediately via email & phone call & describe the issue. ITAP will then make needed changes & return it to you. e. On the day of pick-up, please have the pallets placed at your designated loading area. If there are any weather conditions (rain, snow, high winds, etc.) where the pallet, stretch wrap, or IT Asset Partners, Inc. 8966 Mason Avenue Chatsworth, CA 91311 PH: 323-685-ITAP (4827) www.GoITAP.com applied labels/markings can potentially be compromised, keep the pallets indoors (away from weather) till driver arrives. Print out & sign a copy of the BOL & written emergency response information (ERG 147 or SDS) beforehand so that documentation is ready to hand over to driver upon arrival. 14. Battery module shipment preparation checklist: Hazmat employee handled preparation. Markings & labels properly placed, including the additional damaged battery. label as prescribed by 49 CFR 173.185(f). Packaged battery(s) into plastic bag & sealed. All free space in drum is occupied by filler material (perlite). Lid properly closed. 15. Contact information: IT Asset Partners will be more than pleased to assist in any way necessary to successfully complete your return shipment. The points of contact listed below can assist in scheduling the pickup of batteries, suggesting proper packaging techniques, further explaining the packaging techniques described above, &/or answering any questions related to the process of returning batteries. Contact info: Nikedah Little or Edward Bonilla ITAP, Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org 323.685.4827 DISCLAIMER: The preceding packaging guidelines consist of recommendations only & are only recommendations for US domestic ground shipments. The offeror of transportation, remains responsible for properly storing batteries safely & properly shipping batteries in accordance with 49 CFR Part 173.185(f). Environmental & transportation regulations are subject to change & AS A RESULT THESE RECOMMENDATIONS MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. The offeror is ultimately responsible for staying compliant with all current laws & regulations. IT ASSET PARTNERS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES OR DAMAGES, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SUFFERED AS A RESULT OF THE SHIPPER FOLLOWING THE RECOMMENDATIONS CONTAINED HEREIN. IT Asset Partners, Inc. 8966 Mason Avenue Chatsworth, CA 91311 PH: 323-685-ITAP (4827) www.GoITAP.com Defective, Damaged, or Recalled (DDR) Lithium-ion Battery Photos Referenced on Instructions (only photos 4c. are actual BMW modules) Section 4: (Photo 4b. # 1 above) (Photo 4b. #2 above) IT Asset Partners, Inc. 8966 Mason Avenue Chatsworth, CA 91311 PH: 323-685-ITAP (4827) www.GoITAP.com Section 4 continued: actual BMW module (4c. photos) (Photo 4c. #1 above) (Photo 4c. #2 above) IT Asset Partners, Inc. 8966 Mason Avenue Chatsworth, CA 91311 PH: 323-685-ITAP (4827) www.GoITAP.com Section 4 continued: (Photo 4c. #3 above) Section 6: PER BAGGING/SEALING INSTRUCTIONS IN SECTION 6, WHEN POSITIONING THE MODULE VERTICALLY OR HORIZONTALLY, NEVER PLACE (1) THE CABLE LEAD SIDE OF THE MODULE, NOR (2) THE TOP SIDE (TERMINAL/PLASTIC SIDE) AT THE BOTTOM, BEARING WEIGHT OF MODULE. THIS PHOTO EXAMPLE CONTAINS A MODULE THAT DOES NOT HAVE A CABLE LEAD, SO IT WAS ABLE TO BE PLACED VERTICALLY ON BOTH SIDES. THAT IS NOT THE CASE WITH THIS PROJECT’S BATTERY MODULES. (Photo 6a. above) IT Asset Partners, Inc. 8966 Mason Avenue Chatsworth, CA 91311 PH: 323-685-ITAP (4827) www.GoITAP.com Section 6 continued: (Photo 6e. above) Section 7: (Photo 7b. above) IT Asset Partners, Inc. 8966 Mason Avenue Chatsworth, CA 91311 PH: 323-685-ITAP (4827) www.GoITAP.com Section 7 continued: (Photo 7c. above) (Photo 7e. above) IT Asset Partners, Inc. 8966 Mason Avenue Chatsworth, CA 91311 PH: 323-685-ITAP (4827) www.GoITAP.com Section 9: (Photo 9a. above) Section 11: (Photo 11c. above) IT Asset Partners, Inc. 8966 Mason Avenue Chatsworth, CA 91311 PH: 323-685-ITAP (4827) www.GoITAP.com Section 11 continued: photo illustration only of stretch wrapping/palletizing instructions. Per section 9, labels/markings need to be placed on each drum before stretch wrapping drums/pallet(s). (Photo 11d. above) (Photo 11e. #1 above) IT Asset Partners, Inc. 8966 Mason Avenue Chatsworth, CA 91311 PH: 323-685-ITAP (4827) www.GoITAP.com Section 11 continued: photo illustration of properly stretch wrapped/palletized pallet. Per section 12, additional labels and markings need to applied after this step is completed. (Photo 11e. #2 above) Attachment to B61 13 21 – BMW RECALL 20V-601: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY (September 2021) 1 PHEV High Voltage Battery Recall – Enhanced Car Rentals Note: Aftersales Area Manager (AAM) Field Authorization is required for these rental car reimbursement claim submissions and the claim comments must explain the situation and reference your center’s AAM email, as noted below, and the date it was sent. Please use the following alternate transportation measures (ATM) for those customers with PHEV High Voltage Battery Recall affected vehicles that are out of service awaiting PHEV High Voltage-related repairs to be completed. Procedure 1- For customer situations, please email Customer Relations (CR) at CRNJ_Recall_20V- 601_Escalation@bmwna.com 2- In addition to customer notification letters mailing in October, the Customer Relations team will be calling all affected customers. 3- If a customer requests alternate transportation, CR will contact the corresponding center to help coordinate this with customer. 4- Please follow these instructions if CR contacts you: 5- If a repair order (RO) is not already available, create one. 6- Ensure there is a line item or create one that clearly explains the reason why your center is providing alternate transportation. 7- Send a High-Voltage Battery Recall Rental Car Request titled email to your AAM that includes a signed RO copy (center generated that is signed by the customer) 8- The AAM will review your center’s email and approve your request accordingly. 9- When the rental car is approved by return AAM email (see next section below) and after the rental car is delivered to the customer, forward the: • AAM’s car rental authorization email; and the • Customer signed copy of the RO that was sent to the AAM; and a • Copy of the rental agreement to the following BMW mailbox as attachments to Recall.email@example.com . Please include the vehicle’s VIN (last seven) in the subject line of this email. 10- Unless otherwise required by state law for alternate transportation vehicles, if the customer is expected be in a rental car for longer than 30 days, the customer must return to center every 30 days to have rental car inspected and/or swapped out (if the rental car is required to be returned to the third-party rental car provider). For these AAM approved car rentals, please provide the customer with a vehicle through one of our preferred third-party rental car providers (Enterprise, Hertz if available in your area). BMW will reimburse the following: BMW Rental Vehicles Up to $64.00 a day • Market surcharge (if applicable); plus, the • CDW* (Collision Damage Waiver) protection – when the rental vehicle agreement signee accepts this optional coverage; plus • Taxes Non-BMW Rental Vehicles Up to $44.00 a day Invoice these allowable rental car expenses (Excluding fuel) as a separate line item on the repair order as outlined below. Attachment to B61 13 21 – BMW RECALL 20V-601: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY (September 2021) 2 Note: Aftersales Area Manager (AAM) Field Authorization is required for the rental car reimbursement claim submission and the claim comments must explain the situation and reference your center’s AAM email and the date it was sent. Rental Vehicle Invoice – Required Information for Claim Submission In addition to the Field Authorization (FAS), to be reimbursed for the above, your center must itemize the rental car invoice in the claim comments, please ensure that you always include the following information: Rental Vehicle Invoice – Line items Required Information to provide Brand of rental vehicle in use BMW or Non-BMW Vehicle – Model description Rental period Total number of days Market surcharge (If applicable) Cost per day and the total amount CDW* (Collision Damage Waiver) Cost per day and the total amount Taxes Total amount Other Optional Protection/Insurance Coverage BMW will only reimburse the cost of the applicable Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)* protection that the rental vehicle agreement signee accepted. *Note: The Collision Damage Waiver (CDW), this may also be referred to as the Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) or the Physical Damage Waiver (PDW). If your customer wants to obtain other optional protection or insurance coverage, for example: • SLP/SLI/LIS (Supplemental Liability Protection or Insurance/Liability Insurance Supplement); and/or • PAI (Personal Accident Insurance); and/or • PEC (Personal Effects Coverage); The cost of this optional coverage would be at the owner’s/operator’s expense. Important Note: If the customer believes they have access to optional protection/insurance coverage that will apply to their loaner car or rental vehicle either through their credit card company and/or personal car insurance (including other drivers and/or total loss), please encourage them to verify if and what additional coverage is available to him or her. Refer to page 3 for the Claims Submission information. Attachment to B61 13 21 – BMW RECALL 20V-601: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY (September 2021) 3 PHEV High-Voltage Battery Recall – ATM Claim Submission Information Reimbursement for this AAM authorized PHEV High-Voltage Battery Recall-related car rental expense is via DCSnet normal claim entry through the Field Authorization System (FAS), as a separate line item, utilizing the following information: Defect Code: 11009999RV Rental Reimbursement – Safety-Recall Parts Supply/Repair Procedure Issues And: Sublet Code 3 Sublet at cost Reimbursement for qualifying alternate transportation as outlined in this procedure (PHEV High Voltage Battery Recall – Enhanced Car Rentals) RO/Claim Comments See the Rental Vehicle Invoice – Required Information for Claim Submission section above. PHEV High-Voltage Battery -related car rental expense claims submissions received without AAM Field Authorization will not be accepted for payment. Mid to Long-Term Car Rentals Due to the current remedy procedure, BMW NA anticipates that some customers may require alternate transportation for thirty (30) days or more. As a result, you may have to submit more than one claim for rental car reimbursements before the affected vehicle has been repaired and returned. Unless otherwise required by state law for alternate transportation vehicles, for these cases, BMW NA requests that your center submit a claim for the rental car reimbursement at 30-day or monthly intervals (invoice after each 30 day or one month of rental car usage). Important Warning: (1) Failure to properly follow this approval process will result in your center receiving a reduced or no reimbursement for these subsidized rental cars. (2) This program is separate from your normal loaner car program (AMP) and is specific to vehicles with the PHEV High-Voltage Battery Recall