|E-Series||Model Description||Production Date|
|F60||MINI Cooper SE Countryman ALL4– PHEV Only||March 12, 2020 – September 15, 2020|
Vehicles which require this Campaign to be completed will show it as “Open” when checked either in AIR, the “Service Menu” of DCSnet (Dealer Communication System), ISPA Next or Warranty Vehicle Inquiry.
BMW AG is conducting a Voluntary Safety Recall (effective September 24, 2020) on a small number of Model Year 2020-2021 MINI Countryman (PHEV) vehicles that were produced between March 12, 2020 and September 15, 2020.
The high-voltage battery may not have been produced to specifications. When charging the battery, this could lead to a short-circuit and, in rare cases, a thermal event.
Please do not charge the vehicle’s high-voltage battery until further notice.
The Recall Notice and Q&A have been attached for further information.
On Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) models, the HV battery may not have been produced to specifications. When charging the battery to near its full state of charge, this could lead to a short-circuit; and in rare cases a thermal event.
The vehicle will be inspected and, if necessary, HV module(s) will be replaced.
Customers must be informed of the issue and of the customer service measure (listed in the Procedure section) that must be carried out by the workshop appointment.
Important warning for working on the high-voltage systems on BMW Group vehicles:
Only properly trained personnel, who have passed all applicable technical training courses, should perform any maintenance or repairs on any Hybrid or Electric Vehicle. Work performed by unqualified persons may result in severe injury or damage to the vehicle. Additional information is found in Repair Instruction 61 00… Observe safety instructions when handling electric vehicles.
The customer is to be informed of the following:
We request you not to charge the vehicle via cable or to operate it only under the conditions described below.
Setting using the central display:
- Pressing the eDrive switch.
- Mode option in the driver’s display.
- Select MAX eDRIVE or AUTO eDRIVE.
- Confirm in the central display.
Please do not use the manual gearshift or the sport shift on the selector lever and, if installed, the shift paddles on the steering wheel.
If these instructions are followed, the customer may continue to use the vehicle until the workshop visit.
Important Note: Please do not start the repair until you see that the campaign is remedy available. Recall IDS tickets will be rejected if remedy is not available.
Carry out the following service measure:
- Connect the vehicle to the diagnosis and carry out a Vehicle Test.
- If a cell module is affected, ISTA sets the fault S 0795.
- Perform the associated test module in the test plan to determine the affected cell modules to bereplaced. (High Voltage Battery Unit – Cell Modules (ABL – DIT – AT6127_SPOXZM; available with the ISTA version 4.26.38; released Nov. 20, 2020)
- If cell modules are prompted for replacement, replace the corresponding cell modules. Follow theproper repair instructions for the specific vehicle; see REP 61 27 621 or REP 61 27 623.
- If a cell module exchange is not instructed, the vehicle is OK. -> No further measures required.
The diagnosis of the cell modules is only available with the ISTA version 4.26.38 (released Nov. 20, 2020).
Note: A TC case is NOT necessary to order the replacement HV battery cell modules as per this campaign.
The date in the serial number of the high-voltage module can be displayed in two different formats.
Safety Recall 20V-601
Model Year 2020-2021
PHEV [BMW 3 Series, 5 Series, 7 Series, i8, X3 SAV, X5 SAV / MINI Countryman]
Issue Date: 09/24/2020
Last Update: 12/23/2020
Q1. Which BMW Group models in the US are potentially affected by this Safety Recall?
Certain Plug-In Hybrid-Electric Vehicles (PHEV), specifically Model Year 2020-2021 BMW 3 Series, 5 Series, 7 Series, i8, X3 SAV, X5 SAV, and MINI Countryman models in the US, produced between February and September 2020, are potentially affected.
Q2. What is the specific issue?
On PHEV models, the high-voltage battery may not have been produced to specifications. When charging the battery, this could lead to a short-circuit and, in rare cases a thermal event.
Q3. Why are other models / vehicles not included in this Safety Recall?
Other models have been produced with a High-Voltage battery that has been produced to specifications.
Q4. Can I continue to drive my vehicle?
Yes. However, drive in standard mode only, do not use sport mode.
If you are not the only driver of this vehicle, please advise all other drivers of this important information.
Q5. Can I charge my vehicle?
No, do not plug in your vehicle for charging.
Q6. How did BMW Group become aware of the issue?
BMW Group became aware of the issue through our quality control procedures.
Q7. How will I be informed of this Safety Recall?
Letters will be mailed to owners in October via First Class mail advising them of this Safety Recall and, if the remedy is available, requesting them to schedule an appointment with an authorized BMW center. If the remedy is not available at that time, a follow-up letter will be sent when the remedy becomes available.
Owners can locate their nearest authorized BMW center at www.bmwusa.com/dealer. To ensure BMW has the most recent contact and vehicle information, owners should register their vehicle at www.bmwusa.com/myBMW. Registration is free, and will give them access to factory initiated campaigns and other information specific to their BMW.
Q8. How will my vehicle be repaired?
The battery modules will be checked and, if necessary, the affected module(s) will be replaced for free and take several hours.
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Remedy Instructions and TSB – Safety Recall Notice re RECALL 20V-601: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY
Remedy Instructions and TSB – Remedy Instructions re RECALL 20V-601: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY
Remedy Instructions and TSB – RECALL 20V-601: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Latest Recalls Documents
- High-Speed Charging: When compared to the stock 8A level 1 charger, MEGEAR Skysword Ⅱ EV Charger is 3 times as fast, leaving you with more time to get back on the road in your EV.
- Reliability to the fullest: Our smart-chip detection system in MEGEAR Skysword Ⅱ electric vehicle charger can detect all aspects of the charging progress, including overheating, current overflow, power surge, low voltage, power overload, leakage to ensure safety and protection.
- Compatible with all EVs: MEGEAR Skysword Ⅱ ev charging station is compatible to all SAE J1772 standard electric vehicles and Tesla models (via SAE J1772 Charging Adapter).
- LED indicator: Indicator on the back of MEGEAR Skysword Ⅱ portable EV Charger displays charging progress and errors.
- Warranty Information: All products come with a 1-year Limited warranty and Life-time technical support.
- Level 2, 240 volt electric vehicle (EV) charging station charges any EV up to 9X faster than a normal wall outlet, with flexible amperage settings up to 50 amps (16/24/32/40/48/50 Amp) and plug-in or hardwired installation. Use the ChargePoint app to pick the right amperage for your home after installation.
- Works with all electric cars, tested on leading EV models: Chevrolet Volt and Bolt EV, Hyundai Kona and Ioniq, Kia NIRO, Nissan LEAF, Tesla models, Toyota Prius Prime, BMW i3, Honda Clarity, Chrysler Pacifica, Jaguar I-PACE, and many more
- Charge faster and smarter with the Charge Point app. Set a schedule to only charge when electricity is cheapest, set reminders so you never forget to plug in, use Alexa voice control, and see all your Charge Point charging data in one place
- Safe and reliable, with a 3-year backed by 24/7 customer support from a company dedicated to EV charging for 10+ years. UL listed for electrical safety, ENERGY STAR certified for efficiency.
- Easy for any electrician to install indoors or out. Plug-in installation with NEMA 6-50 or 14-50 outlet (14-50 currently selected) requires circuits rated 40A or 50A. For other circuit ratings, including 60A-80A for 48A-50A charging, the plug is easily removed for hardwired installation. Select the amperage that works best for you and your home, helping to avoid electrical upgrades.
- INSTALL WITH CONFIDENCE: Formerly ClipperCreek, the core technology that comes inside every Enphase EV charger has earned its award-winning reputation by delivering industry-leading durability and reliability. Now they're made even better with a 5-year limited manufacturer warranty and 24/7 customer support. This HCS-80 hardwired home EV charger comes fully assembled and offers quick installation to a dedicated 80 Amp circuit with any licensed electrician.
- SAFETY-CERTIFIED AND ALL-WEATHER: Enphase level 2 EV chargers are safety certified by ETL, an Independent Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory, to UL 2594 standards and are ENERGY STAR certified. Designed in California as commercial car charging stations, they are built tough to withstand high-traffic use and a wide range of temperatures. They also include fully sealed outdoor ready NEMA 4 enclosures to keep internal components dry and the elements out.
- FAST CHARGING: Enjoy up to 12x faster charging than the level 1 electric vehicle charger that your EV came with. With this HCS-80 hardwired 240V 64 Amp level 2 charger you get 15.4kW of power or up to 61 miles per hour of charging, ensuring your EV is ready to go after a night's charge. (The HCS-80 requires a minimum 80 Amp dedicated circuit and the miles per hour charge rate will vary depending on your EV's make and model.)
- DESIGNED FOR YOUR MAKE & MODEL: Enphase electric car chargers are compatible with all plug-in EV's sold in the USA, but the HCS-80 is best for vehicles with acceptance rates up to 15.4kW like the Cadillac Lyriq, Ford F150 Lightning Ext, Lucid Air Dream, Tesla Model S 90D and 100. They qualify for state and federal rebates so you can even get money back by doing your electric car charging at home.
- INCLUDES EVERYTHING YOU NEED: With a rugged and flexible 25 foot long cable with J1772 connector, you can charge your plug-in on the other side of the garage or in the driveway. With a physical manual, you can reference information easily pre or post install. And the integrated cable wrap and wall mounted holster ensure you can neatly stow away your charger after use.
- FAST CHARGING SPEEDS: The MUSTART 40A level 2 EV charger which is more sturdy, contains more sensitive chips, higher protection level and better abrasion resistance, can charge your car up to 2.5X faster than the 16A level 2 EV charger. It is 5X faster than the 16A level 1 EV charger that most electric vehicles come with. (The actual working current it depends on your vehicle setting).
- SUPER COMPATIBLE: Works with most electric vehicles in the United States , the EVSE is compatible with all plug-in EVs. *Tesla requires a SAE J1772 adapter.
- Well-trusted Quality: Strictly pass UL-2594, ETL certificated. Lightening-proof, leakage, over-voltage, overheat and over-current protection. Whenever your Mustart EV chargers have any problem or anything simply not meeting your needs, please contact us. We provide a two-year warranty of our products from the date of your original order in our store.
- CONVENIENT: Compact size with a total 25 feet charging cable for flexible installation and usability. All you need is just a 220 Volt or 240 Volt NEMA14-50 outlet to plug the charger into.
- HIGH QUALITY: This portable charging station is made to last with durability and reliability. It is lightening-proof and has leakage, overvoltage, overheat and overcurrent protection, so you can safely charge your vehicle.
- PORTABLE FAST HOME CHARGING - 26 ft 24 Amp EV Charger, the FASTEST allowable rate for National Electric Code (NEC)-approved 30 Amp circuit, charge confidently with all-weather IP55 rated enclosure
- NO INSTALLATION REQUIRED - Plug directly into your existing standard household 220-240V NEMA 14-30 outlet, dryer socket or Splitvolt Splitter Switch (sold separately)
- REAL TIME CHARGING STATUS - Take a quick glance to view the charging status with built in LED's: Power, Charge, Fault 1, and Fault 2
- SAFE UNIVERSAL CHARGING - Compatible with common Electric Vehicles available in North America with a SAE J1772 socket; includes a 1 year warranty
- EMPOWERING ELECTRIC VEHICLE ADOPTION (TM) – At Splitvolt, our mission is to provide compelling solutions and products that further simplify the process and costs of owning an electric vehicle - we also offer high performance extension cables, adapters and the award winning Splitter Switch for convenient and flexible access to your existing power sources
- 3x Faster Charging Speeds : The Duosida Level 2 Car Charger charges your car up to 3x faster than your standard Level 1 charger . Comes with instruction booklet.
- Universal Vehicle Compatibility : Compatible with All EV Cars
- 25 ft. long charge cord with 16 amp , 220v NEMA 6-20p plug.
- Free 110v standard outlet adapter for level 1 charging.
- The charger comes with a 2-year warranty , so please feel free to contact us.
- FAST CHARGING: MUSTART 40A level 2 EV charger is 10x faster than level 1 EV chargers that comes with most electric cars. You can get around 30 mile per hour with MUSTART 40A level 2 EV charger(The actual working current depends on your vehicle settings).
- EXCELLENT PROTECTION: IP66 rating for charging box and IP67 rating for EV connector.(Please keep the charging box and plug away from the rain directly when using outdoor). MUSTART EV charger has safety protection functions including lightning protection, overvoltage, overheating, and overcurrent protection. It will automatically stop charging when it is too hot, and will automatically recharge when it cool down, protecting your charging safety.
- EASY INSTALLATION: The total length of the charging cable is 25 feet, enables flexible installation and usability. You only need a NEMA 14-50 outlet to plug it in without any hardwire confusion. The LCD screen design shows every detail you need during charging, including the real-time current and voltage, charging amount and time.
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY: Equipped with a SAE J1772 EV connector, it is suitable for most electric vehicles and plug-in hybrid cars in US. Perfect for users who own more than one electric vehicle at home.
- The MUSTART EV charger has undergone rigorous testing and comes with a 2-year barrier-free warranty. If you have any questions about our products, please contact us, and our team will get back to you within 24 hours.
- Level 2, 32 Amp, electric vehicle (EV) charging station, charges faster than the standard charger that came with your EV.
- Compact design to install inside or outside with a long-reach 25ft cable
- Compatible with all plug-in vehicle, including Teslas with a J1772 adapter (sold separately)
- Stylishly designed and simple to use without requiring an application to run it or home network connection to use it.
- Leitman, Seth (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 416 Pages - 02/19/2013 (Publication Date) - McGraw Hill TAB (Publisher)
- Start Dead Batteries - Safely jump start a dead battery in seconds with this compact, yet powerful, 1000-amp portable lithium car battery jump starter pack - up to 20 jump starts on a single charge - and rated for gasoline engines up to 6 liters and diesel engines up to 3 liters.
- UltraSafe - Safe and easy to use car battery jump starter pack without the worry of incorrect connections or sparks. Safely connect to any 12-volt automotive car battery with our mistake-proof design featuring spark-proof technology and reverse polarity protection.
- Multi-Function - It's a car jump starter, portable power bank, and LED flashlight. Recharge smartphones, tablets, and other USB devices. It's easily rechargeable from any powered USB port in 3 hours at 2.1-amps. Plus, an integrated 100-lumen LED flashlight with seven light modes, including emergency strobe and SOS.
- Advanced Design - Our most advanced portable car battery jump starter ever. Featuring high-discharge lithium technology for safe operation in any climate. A rugged and water-resistant enclosure rated at IP65. A rubberized over-molded casing to prevent scratching or marring of surfaces. And an ultra-compact and lightweight design weighing just 2.4 pounds.
- In The Box - GB40 UltraSafe Portable Lithium Car Battery Jump Starter Pack, Heavy-Duty Battery Clamps, 12-Volt Car Charger, Micro USB Charging Cable, Microfiber Storage Bag, User Guide, 1-Year Warranty, and Designed in the USA.
Last update on 2023-05-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
4/26/2021 61 07 20_RECALL 20V-601: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY 1/8 SIM 61 07 20 RECALL 20V-601: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY 2021-04-21 What’s new (Specific text highlighted): Warranty Section Note: Yellow highlighted text in Situation, Procedure, and Parts is for emphasis/importance. Variant A : YY-MMDD Variant B (shown): DD-MM-YY Copyright ©2021 MINI USA, a division of BMW of North America, LLC. All Rights Reserved 4/26/2021 61 07 20_RECALL 20V-601: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY 3/8 PARTS INFORMATION Please monitor the Parts Matrix and DCS messages for the parts ordering procedure. Only use and invoice the part numbers below that apply. Performing a part number look-up in ETK (EPC) by VIN or model in place of using/invoicing the following part numbers may result with the wrong part numbers being invoiced and installed, this could delay the payment of the claim. Part Number for Technical Campaign Description Quantity 61 27 8 843 411 Cell module of high-voltage battery (34 Ah NEG) (2 max) Qty as needed 61 27 8 843 412 Cell module of high-voltage battery (34 Ah POS) (3 max) Qty as needed 07 11 9 908 596 Screw (M12x1.5×48) 4 61 27 8 606 057 Torx screw (M6 GFX85-10.9-S) 16 61 27 8 606 058 Threaded head Torx screw (M6 GFX85-10.9-S) 4 07 12 9 908 570 ISA screw (V-M6 GFX16) 16 61 27 8 677 638 Hexagon bolt with Torx socket (M6x25 mm) 4 07 11 9 909 322 Self-locking hexagon nut (M6-8- ZNNIV SI) 2 61 27 7 645 627 Seal for high-voltage battery 1 61 27 8 645 446 Hexagon screw with internal Torx – rounds to 10 pcs 28 83 19 2 468 443 MINI HT-12 Antifreeze Coolant Sublet as needed Copyright ©2021 MINI USA, a division of BMW of North America, LLC. All Rights Reserved 4/26/2021 61 07 20_RECALL 20V-601: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY 4/8 Additionally, other small parts that are not specified above, such as one-time use screws, nuts and seals, which must be replaced according to the ISTA repair instructions/ETK, must be selected from the Electronic Parts Catalogue according to the respective vehicle type and invoiced under the special defect code. Recalled Part Retention Recalled parts that are removed from MINI vehicles cannot be used for resale! The recalled parts are the property of MINI USA. Your dealer is responsible for the proper identification, storage and documentation of these parts. They must be held in a secure retention area until notification of claim payment is made by MINI USA through DCSnet. There is now updated training and process information bulletins available for returning these recalled HV battery cells, please refer to: Bulletin #: M-2-0321-M0301 – Required training information for returning defective high-voltage batteries. Bulletin #: M-2-0321-M0601 – HV BATTERY RECALL RETURN PROCESS For more information refer to DealerNet: “Menu>MINI>Aftersales>Business Development & Marketing Portal>Batteries>HV Training Module”. Please DO NOT return these recalled HV battery modules directly to the WPRC. WARRANTY INFORMATION Reimbursement for this Recall will be via normal claim entry utilizing the applicable work package information below, and when required, the part numbers listed above that apply Plus work Vehicle is already in the workshop for another repair Main work The vehicle arrives at your dealer and this Recall Campaign shows open (No other Main work will be performed/claimed during this workshop visit) or the inspection is done as a Mobile Service – Off Site Repair Checking, No Cell Module Replacements Necessary (Recall Campaign is closed) Defect Code: 0061700500 F60 Replace PHEV high-voltage battery cell modules Work Pkg Labor Operation Description Labor Allowance # 1 00 69 977 Perform vehicle test, do not exchange cell modules (No repair is necessary) (Plus work) 3 FRU Or: # 2 00 69 417 Perform vehicle test, do not exchange cell modules (No repair is necessary) (Main work) 5 FRU Note: Work package # 3 and # 4 are no longer necessary and they have been deleted. Or: Checking, Future Cell Module Replacements Necessary (Recall Campaign remains open) Copyright ©2021 MINI USA, a division of BMW of North America, LLC. All Rights Reserved 4/26/2021 61 07 20_RECALL 20V-601: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY 5/8 Defect Code: 6127900500 Fx Gx PHEV Check cell module high-voltage battery Work Pkg Labor Operation Description Labor Allowance # 3 00 69 977 Perform vehicle test, future cell module replacements necessary (Plus work) 3 FRU Or: # 4 00 69 417 Perform vehicle test, future cell module replacements necessary (Main work) 5 FRU Or: Checking or Rechecking, Replacing Cell Module(s) as Instructed (Recall Campaign with repair is completed and closed) Defect Code: 0061700500 F60 Replace PHEV high-voltage battery cell modules Work Pkg Labor Operation Description (Main work) Labor Allowance # 5 00 69 978 Checking the vehicle (vehicle test) and removing and installing the high-voltage battery (Plus work) 46 FRU Or: # 6 00 69 418 Checking the vehicle (vehicle test) and removing and installing the high-voltage battery (Main work) 47 FRU And: 00 69 979 5-Module Configuration (3T/2B): Job/repair work time (WT) for replacing one or more modules (top and/or bottom) in addition to 00 69 418 (Includes HV battery unit final test after HV battery module repair) WT: 17TS or 28B FRU (First module, up to maximum of 33 FRU for up to 5 modules (See below) Only one Main work flat rate labor operation code can be claimed per workshop visit. 00 69 979 – Replacing 2 Top (T) and 1 Single (S) Module Only: 17 FRU for the first top module replacement; and Plus 3 FRU for each additional (up to 2 / 3 total) top module replacements (up to a total of 23 FRU). Or: 00 69 979 – Replacing Bottom Modules (B/Two) in conjunction with the 2 Top (T) and 1 Single (S) Module: A. 28 FRU for one bottom module only (Includes removing and installing or replacing the corresponding top module) (replaces the top module 17 FRU allowance above); and as applicable B. With (A): 3 FRU for each additional (up to 2) top module replacements without replacing the corresponding one additional bottom module (up to 3 to 4 modules total) (up to a total of 33 FRU); or Copyright ©2021 MINI USA, a division of BMW of North America, LLC. All Rights Reserved 4/26/2021 61 07 20_RECALL 20V-601: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY 6/8 C. With (A): 3 FRU for an additional (up to 1) bottom module replacement includes removing and installing or replacing the corresponding top module (2 to 4 modules total) (up to a total of 31 FRU); or D. 33 FRU for replacing all the modules (3 top and 2 bottom/5 modules total). Note: Only claim labor operation 00 69 979 one-time for the applicable total FRU allowance. Claim Repair Comments Only reference the SIB number, the work package (Pkg) number performed and when applicable (For WP #5 or # 6), the number of cell modules (top and/or bottom) that were replaced in the RO technician notes and the claim comments (For example: M61 07 20 WP 2 with 1 bottom module replaced), unless otherwise required by State law. As applicable to your dealer, please refer to SI M01 01 20 or M01 04 20 for claiming job/repair work time (WT), RO/Claim WT and the repair-related explanation procedures. And, as needed: Sublet – Bulk Materials (RO and Claim Comments Required) Sublet Code 4 Up to $15.00 Reimbursement for the repair-related bulk material (Do not use the MINI part numbers for claim submission) Sublet reimbursement calculation for claiming the applicable repair-related bulk materials (MINI part number) is at the dealer net price amount for the quantity used plus your dealer’s handling. MINI Antifreeze/Coolant: Claim the corresponding sublet dollar amount for the quantity needed to replace what was drained with a 50/50 coolant/water solution. Enter this material cost in sublet and itemize the amount on the repair order and in claim comment section. Mobile Service – Off Site Repair (Checking only – Labor operation 00 69 417) For dealers that qualify, this Recall repair is eligible to be performed and submitted as a Mobile Service “Off- Site” Repair which includes an additional labor allowance. Qualifying MINI dealers are those that currently own and operate a Mobile Service Program vehicle. Other dealers that may qualify are those who have officially registered their interest in conducting mobile service work for the MINI Roadside Assistance Program. If you have not already registered, please send an email with contact information to email@example.com. Additional information can be found in the Mobile Service program guide in DealerNet which is located under the Customer Relations menu. Performing eligible and covered repairs under this program are subject to the same policy and procedures that apply to performing covered repairs in your workshop. Labor Reimbursement (150 Percent) When this Recall repair is performed under this program, qualifying dealers will be reimbursed for the Recall labor operation code’s specified flat rate unit allowance (FRU) at a rate of 150 percent. RO Invoicing for Claim Submission Part 1: Claim the first 100 percent FRU labor allowance as shown below. Copyright ©2021 MINI USA, a division of BMW of North America, LLC. All Rights Reserved 4/26/2021 61 07 20_RECALL 20V-601: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY 7/8 For this Recall Campaign RO line item (WP # 2): Defect Code: 0061700500 F60 Replace PHEV high-voltage battery cell modules : Labor Operation Description Labor Allowance 00 69 417 Perform vehicle test, do not exchange cell modules (No repair in necessary) (Main work) 5 FRU And then for: Part 2: Open another RO line item for the additional 50 percent FRU labor allowance (as described below and in conjunction with the WP # 2 above) Defect Code: 11997700RA Mobile Service Reimbursement for Cell Module Inspection : Labor Operation Description Labor Allowance 61 25 000 Additional labor allowance to perform off-site repair through Mobile Service (Checking/Inspection only) 3 FRU* *Labor Calculation Special flat rate labor operation 00 69 417 (Main work) to perform the cell module inspection on these vehicles has a stated allowance of 5 FRU, after applying the rate of 150 percent, this repair will then be reimbursed for a total of 8 FRU (Rounded up from 7.5, 5 FRU plus 3 FRU) as a Mobile Service off-site repair. Claim the additional 3 FRU using the Defect Code 11 99 77 00 RA and labor operation provided above. Notes: Identify this line time as Additional Labor for a Mobile Service off-site repair. Itemize the additional labor claimed and explain the repair performed on the repair order and in claim comment section. Labor operation code 61 25 000 is not considered a Main labor operation. Time Control and Documentation While repair-specific punch times are not necessary for this repair work being performed on a vehicle off-site (outside your dealer), the on-call technician must still punch on the corresponding repair order (electronic or manual) prior to leaving your MINI dealer when he or she is dispatched. The technician must punch off the repair order upon their return to your dealer. And, as applicable: Alternative Mobility Solution (AMS) for Vehicle Owners (RO and Claim Comments Required) This Recall repair qualifies for Alternative Mobility Solution (AMS) expense reimbursement, claim this item under the Defect Code noted above as follows: Sublet Code 2 – Itemize the AMS sublet amount on the repair order and in the claim comment section. Copyright ©2021 MINI USA, a division of BMW of North America, LLC. All Rights Reserved 4/26/2021 61 07 20_RECALL 20V-601: HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY 8/8 Please refer to SI M01 01 17 for additional information. Reimbursement of Prior Customer-Pay Repairs (TREAD Act) Based on the issue and the age of the Affected Vehicles being addressed by this Safety Recall Campaign, a reimbursement request for a qualifying prior customer-pay repair is not likely. However, if you receive a reimbursement request from a customer for a prior repair that may qualify, please contact the Warranty department (include a legible copy of the invoice) through IDS by selecting Coverage, Policy, Coding Questions and Mileage Corrections. The Warranty department will review and respond to your inquiry accordingly. QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS BULLETIN Technical inquiries Submit feedback at the top of this bulletin Warranty inquiries Please contact the Warranty department by either using the Live Chat that’s available in the Warranty Documentation Portal or through IDS by selecting Coverage, Policy, Coding Questions and Mileage Corrections Parts inquiries Submit an IDS ticket to the Parts Department Supporting Materials picture_as_pdf M610720 Recall Notice.pdf picture_as_pdf M610720_2020-BMW-MINI-MY2020-2021-PHEV-F60-Gxx-Ixx-HV-Battery-FAQ-(Nov 5 2020).pdf Copyright ©2021 MINI USA, a division of BMW of North America, LLC. All Rights Reserved Attachment to M61 07 20 November 2020 SAFETY RECALL NOTICE To: All Center Operators, Sales Managers, Service Manager, Parts Manager and Warranty Processor RE: Recall 20V-601: High-Voltage Battery – M61 07 20 BMW AG is conducting a Voluntary Safety Recall (effective September 24, 2020) on a small number of Model Year 2020-2021 MINI Countryman (PHEV) vehicles that were produced between March 12, 2020 and September 15, 2020. Please be reminded that it is a violation of federal law (The Safety Act) for you to sell, lease or deliver any new motor vehicle covered by this notification until the recall repair has been performed. This means that centers may not legally deliver new motor vehicles to consumers until they are fixed or use/sell replacement equipment/parts subject to this recall. Note also that substantial civil penalties apply to violations of the Safety Act. Also, you should not sell, lease or deliver any Certified Pre-Owned or used vehicles subject to a safety recall until the repair is completed. Please follow any special instructions that we provide to you for the return or disposition of recall parts. We appreciate all your assistance with this Recall. Attachment to M61 07 20 November 2020