January 15, 2020 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 20V016000
An inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 20V016
Manufacturer BMW of North America, LLC
Components AIR BAGS
Potential Number of Units Affected 4,007
BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2009-2012 X5 xDrive35d, 2008-2012 X6 xDrive35i, X6 xDrive50i and X6 M, 2007-2012 X5 30si, X5 xDrive30i, X5 xDrive35i, X5 48i, X5 xDrive48i, X5 xDrive50i and X5 M and 2010-2011 X6 ActiveHybrid vehicles equipped with non-desiccated, passenger frontal air bag inflators containing phase stabilized ammonium nitrate (PSPI-2) propellant that were used as interim remedy parts for previous Takata recalls. These inflators may explode due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to high absolute humidity, high temperatures, and high temperature cycling.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
SIB 65 02 20
RECALL CAMPAIGN 20V-016: REPLACE PASSENGER’S FRONT AIR BAG MODULE
Please perform the procedure outlined in this Service Information on all affected vehicles before customer delivery. In the event the customer has already taken delivery of the vehicle, please perform the procedure the next time the vehicle is in the shop.
|E-Series||Model Description||Production Date|
|E70||X5 including M Sports Activity Vehicle||September 27, 2006 – March 28, 2012|
|E70||X5 diesel SAV||November 4, 2008 – November 28, 2012|
|E71||X6 including M Sports Activity Coupe||February 20, 2008 – February 20, 2012|
|E72||X6 Active Hybrid SAC||October 8, 2009 – January 12, 2011|
Vehicles which are affected by this recall were included in an earlier Takata recall and received an interim remedy.
Vehicles which require this Recall Campaign to be completed will show it as “Open” when checked either in AIR, the “Service Menu” of DCSnet (Dealer Communication System), ISPA Next or Warranty Vehicle Inquiry.
This recall is for vehicles which have already had the PSPI-2 passenger front air bag replaced as part of a previous recall.
The currently installed part must be inspected.
- If it is an interim repair air bag, it corresponds technically to the originally installed passenger air bag.
- This means that the gas generator in the passenger front airbag can malfunction if it has been exposed to high levels of absolute humidity and high temperature fluctuations for years.
- We will be installing a final remedy part and removing the currently installed interim passenger air bag.
- If it is a final repair air bag (part number 72 12 6 995 901), no further action is necessary and this recall can be closed.
OTHER AIR BAG-RELATED FAULTS AND REPAIRS
This Recall applies to an operational passenger’s front air bag. The issue addressed will not cause an air bag (SRS) malfunction light to illuminate. It will also not prevent the system from deploying in a front-end collision.
However, a recalled vehicle can arrive at your center with an air bag malfunction light illuminated.
It is important to notify the customer that diagnosing other air bag-related system issues may be required and this diagnosis and corresponding repair work, if needed, is not covered by this Recall.
In this case, replacing the passenger’s front air bag module will not correct the other fault code (s).
After long-term exposure in areas with a high level of humidity, moisture may enter the housing of the gas generator on the passenger’s front air bag.
- In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the front passenger’s air bag, the moisture may create excessive internal pressure, possibly causing rupture of the air bag inflator and resulting in metal fragments striking and injuring the front passenger or other passengers
Replace the passenger’s front air bag assembly.
Please record the exterior cosmetic condition of the dashboard cover on the Repair Order prior to any repair.
Access front passenger air bag to read the parts label.
- If it is a final repair air bag (part number 72 12 6 995 901) no further action is necessary and this recall can be closed.
- If it is any other part number, perform the Recall repair.
- REP 72 12 000 – Removing and installing or replacing air bag module on passenger side
In addition to the repair instructions and to assist you in performing this repair, refer to a step-by-step video on how to remove the air bag from the vehicle.
Warning! Incorrect handling may result in triggering of the air bag module and thereby cause serious injury.
- Comply with safety regulations for handling components with gas generators.
- Do not exert any force on the air bag module.
- Use only specified tools for releasing the air bag module.
The only parts allowed to be installed in this repair are the part numbers supplied in the PARTS INFORMATION section.
The replacement air bag module’s serial number must be documented on the repair order so it can also be entered into the claim’s comment section.
|The dash cover and center console have sharp edges that can cut into the dashboard or seat during removal. Take precautions to prevent contact that can damage the interior.
Note: Please make sure the blower motor wiring is routed correctly behind the crash-pad prior to reinstallation of the dashboard.
After installation of the air bag, if there are any noises during the road test:
Please monitor the Parts Matrix and DCS messages for the parts ordering procedure.
Only use and invoice the part numbers below that apply.
Performing a part number look-up in ETK (EPC) by VIN or model in place of using/invoicing the following part numbers may result with the wrong part number(s) being invoiced and installed, this could delay the payment of claim.
|72 12 6 995 901||Air Bag Passenger Front (Final repair part)||1|
|07 11 9 905 949||Hex Nut M6||8|
Recalled parts that are removed from BMW vehicles cannot be used for resale!
The parts replaced to perform and submit for this Recall repair procedure are the property of BMW NA.
Your center is responsible for the proper identification, storage and documentation of these parts. They must be held in a secure retention area until notification of claim payment is made by BMW NA through DCSnet.
Upon claim payment, a DCSnet part return tag will be generated for the passenger’s front air bag module with special handling instructions.
- Please DO NOT return these recalled air bag modules directly to Lightning Resources or the WPRC.
Inflatable air bags are classified as dangerous goods by the Department of Transportation (DOT) and require special preparation, packing and labeling for transport.
Your center is responsible for following all rules and regulations that apply to shipping dangerous goods as described in the attachment.
A shipping procedure has been created for returning the replaced air bag modules directly to Takata. There is also a procedure available for “Bulk Shipping 15 or more air bag modules” at one time to Takata.
These procedures are contained in the “Part Return Program Instructions” and “Bulk Ship” PDF attachments to this bulletin; please read both of them. Effective immediately, please use the following email address when scheduling bulk shipment returns to Takata:
The parts are to be packaged in the same packaging that the new part arrived in for shipment back to Takata.
The parts returns pickup schedule has been changed from weekly to every two weeks (bi-weekly).
Reimbursement for this Recall will be via normal claim entry utilizing the following information together with the part numbers specified above:
The vehicle is already in the workshop-
|Work Pkg||Labor Operation||Description (Plus work)||Labor Allowance|
|# 1||00 68 883||Replace the front passenger air bag module (Plus work)||32 FRU|
The vehicle arrives at your center and this Recall Campaign shows open (No other Main work will be performed/claimed during this workshop visit)
|Work Pkg||Labor Operation||Description (Main work)||Labor Allowance|
|# 2||00 68 285||Replace the front passenger air bag module (Main work)||34 FRU|
And, if applicable:
Associated Work with the above-
|Labor Operation||Description (Associated work)||Labor Allowance|
|00 68 884||Additional work for vehicles with the rear entertainment (DVD) system (SA 6FF)||2 FRU|
Claim Repair Comments
Only reference the SIB number and the work package (Pkg) number performed in the RO technician notes and in the claim comments (For example: B65 02 20 WP 1), unless otherwise required by State law.
The serial number of the new air bag module must be entered in the comment field of the claim submission application. The claim will be rejected if the serial number is missing from the claim submission entry.
And, as applicable:
Alternative Mobility Solution (AMS) for Vehicle Owners (RO and Claim Comments Required)
This Recall repair qualifies for Alternative Mobility Solution (AMS) expense reimbursement, claim this item under the Defect Code noted above as follows:
Sublet Code 2 – Itemize the AMS sublet amount on the repair order and in the claim comment section.
Please refer to SI B01 29 16 for additional information.
Reimbursement of Prior Customer-Pay Repairs (TREAD Act)
For this Safety Recall, prior repair reimbursement requests are not likely. Typically, a customer would have their air bag module replaced because it deployed as a result of an accident. In these cases, either an insurance company or the customer themselves pays for accident-related air bag module replacements. These cases are not covered by this recall and are not entitled to be reimbursed.
[DAMA1]Is this necessary for this recall?
picture_as_pdf B650220 Recall Notice.pdf
picture_as_pdf B650220_20V-016_E7X PAB QA_14Jan2020.pdf
SAFETY RECALL NOTICE
To: All Center Operators, Sales Managers, Service Manager, Parts Manager and Warranty Processor
RE: Recall 20V-016: Replace Passenger’s Front Air Bag Module – B65 02 20
Please be reminded that it is a violation of federal law (The Safety Act) for you to sell, lease or deliver any new motor vehicle covered by this notification until the recall repair has been performed. This means that centers may not legally deliver new motor vehicles to consumers until they are fixed or use/sell replacement equipment/parts subject to this recall. Note also that substantial civil penalties apply to violations of the Safety Act.
Also, you should not sell, lease or deliver any Certified Pre-Owned or used vehicles subject to a safety recall until the repair is completed.
Please follow any special instructions that we provide to you for the return or disposition of recall parts.
We appreciate all your assistance with this Recall.
Q1. Which models are included in this Safety Recall Campaign?
|Series||Model||Model Year||Production Dates|
|E70||X5 SAV (incl. M)||2007-2012||September 2006 – March 2012|
|E70||X5 SAV (diesel)||2009-2012||November 2008 – November 2012|
|E71||X6 SAC (incl. M)||2008-2012||February 2008 – February 2012|
|E72||X6 ActiveHybrid||2010-2011||October 2009 – January 2011|
Q2. Which inflator is affected?
This recall is for vehicles which have already had the Takata PSPI-2 passenger front air bag replaced as part of a previous recall.
Q3. Why are other BMW models not included?
Other vehicles have frontal air bags that were produced or repaired with different inflators.
Q4. Why is this recall just coming out now?
The recall schedule follows the guidelines published by NHTSA in the May 2016 amended Takata Recall Coordinated Remedy Order.
Q5. If I had my passenger front air bag module replaced prior, do I need to have it replaced again?
Yes. This final replacement part is ammonium–nitrate free. Please contact your authorized BMW center immediately to schedule an appointment to have this important free repair performed as soon as possible.
Q6. What is difference between the interim and the final repair?
The final repair incorporates a newly designed and tested replacement inflator with guanidine nitrate-based propellant.
The interim repair was an inflator with ammonium nitrate-based propellant.
Q7. What is the fix?
The passenger front air bag module will be replaced.
Q8. How long will the repair take?
This FREE repair may take about 4 hours; however, additional time may be required depending upon your BMW center’s schedule.
Q9. How will I be notified of this recall?
You will receive a letter by the beginning of March via First Class mail, advising you of this recall. To ensure BMW of North America, LLC has your most recent contact and vehicle information, please register your vehicle at http://www.bmwusa.com/myBMW. Registration is free, and will give you access to factory initiated campaigns and other information specific to your BMW vehicle.
Q10. Do I have to wait for my letter in order to have my vehicle serviced?
Q11. What options are available if it is too inconvenient for me to bring my vehicle to a BMW center for service? There are a few options to help overcome the inconvenience of bringing your vehicle in for service like mobile repair, alternate transportation, pickup/drop-off, dealer events and towing. Contact your local BMW center to check what is available.
Q12. What is the specific concern?
Takata’s investigation to date indicates that exposure to certain environmental conditions (several years of exposure to persistent conditions of high absolute humidity) could lead to overly aggressive combustion in the event of air bag deployment.
Q13. What is desiccant?
Put simply, desiccant is a substance with properties that enable it to soak up water vapor from the air surrounding it.
Q14. What can happen as a result of this issue?
In a crash where the air bag deploys, the air bag inflator housing may rupture and could cause metal fragments to pass through the air bag cushion material, which may result in injury or death to vehicle occupants.
Q15. Is it possible to find out whether the problem exists in my car?
Q16. How did BMW become aware of this issue?
Q17. Can I continue to drive my vehicle?
Yes. However, you should have this service performed by an authorized BMW center as soon as possible. If you are not the only driver of this vehicle, please advise all other drivers of this important information.
You can check for open recalls a few different ways. You can check for open recalls by entering your vehicle identification number (VIN) at www.bmwusa.com/recall and download a sample owner notification letter and Q&A if your VIN is affected. You can also call or visit your local BMW center’s service department to determine if your BMW is affected. Make sure to update your contact information by registering at http://www.bmwusa.com/myBMW.
Q19. What if I am not the current owner of this vehicle?
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL – Final Remedy Available
This notice applies to your vehicle,
Recall Campaign No. 20V-016: Passenger’s Air Bag Module
Dear BMW Owner / Lessee:
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. BMW AG has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in certain Model Year 2007-2012 BMW X5 Sports Activity Vehicles and X6 Sports Activity Coupes.
Why are we contacting you?
Our records indicate that your vehicle may have had an interim (“like-for-like”) passenger’s air bag module repair performed under a previous air bag recall before final remedy parts were available. We are pleased to inform you that the final remedy is now available. Please contact your nearest authorized BMW Center (www.bmwusa.com/dealer) immediately to schedule an appointment to have this important free repair performed as soon as possible.
What could happen?
In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the passenger’s air bag, excessive internal pressure could cause the air bag to explode, resulting in metal fragments striking the passenger or other occupants potentially resulting in serious injury or death. If you are not the only driver of this vehicle, please advise all other drivers and passengers of this important information.
What will BMW do?
Your vehicle will be inspected to confirm the type of passenger’s air bag module/inflator that is currently installed. The inspection will be performed for FREE. If it is confirmed that your vehicle contains a “like-for- like” air bag module/inflator, it will be replaced with a final remedy part. This FREE repair will take about three hours.
There are a few options to help overcome the inconvenience of bringing your vehicle in for service, if needed. Contact your local BMW center to check what is available.
If you already had this repair performed at your own expense, please see the attachment regarding possible eligibility for reimbursement.
What if I am not the current owner of this vehicle?
You can update the vehicle ownership or your contact information by completing the enclosed postage-paid card or by registering at http://www.bmwusa.com/myBMW. If you are a vehicle lessor, Federal Regulations require you to forward this notice to your lessee within ten days.
What if I have questions or experience problems?
Should you have any questions about this recall, visit www.bmwusa.com/recall to read FAQs or contact your authorized BMW center. If you need additional assistance, contact BMW Customer Relations and Services by calling 1-800-525-7417 or via email at [email protected]
If your BMW center is unable to remedy the defect without charge or within a reasonable period of time, you may notify the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, DC 20590, call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153), or go to http://www.safercar.gov.
Please be assured that your safety is important to us, and we sincerely apologize if this recall causes any inconvenience. We recommend that you and your passengers wear your seat belt at all times.
BMW of North America, LLC
English version on front side
Versión en inglés en el frente
TREAD ACT CUSTOMER REIMBURSEMENT PLAN
(BMW of North America, LLC)
If you have paid for the repair described in the attached letter, and you would like your expenses to be considered for reimbursement, please contact your authorized BMW center. Expenses paid to repair facilities outside of the BMW center network will be considered; however, the repair procedure must meet BMW standards.
Your authorized BMW center will request a copy of your owner notification letter, as well as your previously paid invoice. They will then inspect the vehicle (if it is still in your possession) prior to submitting a claim on your behalf to BMW of North America, LLC for reimbursement.
Please note the following:
- Only a repair that is the subject of this safety recall is reimbursable. Consequential expenses such as towing, rental, accommodations, damage repairs, etc will not be reimbursed.
- The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for BMW Genuine Parts will be considered as the guideline for reasonable part charges.
- Repair labor, taxes and hazardous waste disposal, when previously paid, are eligible for reimbursement.
- Expenses for repairs performed more than 10 days after the date of the last owner notification letter sent by BMW are not eligible for reimbursement.
Your authorized BMW center should be able to answer any questions that you may have regarding your qualifications for reimbursement of a previous repair. If you qualify for such a reimbursement, your BMW center will also be able to advise you of the manner in which you can expect to receive reimbursement.
Your authorized BMW center should be your primary contact on this issue; however, our Customer Relations and Services Department may be contacted at 1-800-525-7417 for any special assistance that you may require.
In special situations where your authorized BMW center cannot be of assistance, you may submit your written request for reimbursement to:
Customer Relations and Services Department
BMW of North America, LLC
P.O. Box 1227
Westwood, NJ 07675-1227
If you intend to submit a request for reimbursement to our Customer Relations and Services department, your vehicle (if it is still in your possession and was repaired at a facility outside of the BMW center network) will need to be inspected at an authorized BMW center before a claim can be accepted for consideration. This is to ensure that prior repairs at an outside facility meet BMW standards for recall completion.
IMPORTANTE RETIRADA POR MOTIVOS DE SEGURIDAD
Repuesto final disponible
Este aviso se aplica a su vehiculo,
Campana de retirada n.0 20V-016: Modulo de airbag del pasajero
Marzo de 2020
Estimado propietario o arrendatario de un vehfculo BMW:
Le enviamos este aviso en virtud de la National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act (Ley Nacional de Seguridad de Transito y Vehfculos). BMW AG ha determinado que algunos vehfculos de los modelos X5 Sports Activity Vehicle y X6 Sports Activity Coupe de BMW, de los arios 2007 a 2012, tienen un defecto relacionado con la seguridad de los vehfculos motorizados.
lPor que nos ponemos en contacto con usted?
Segun nuestros registros, su vehfculo podrfa haber recibido una reparaci6n provisional (con una pieza “similar”) del m6dulo de airbag del pasajero, que se realiz6 conforme a una retirada previa del airbag antes de que las piezas de repuesto final estuvieran disponibles. Nos complace informarle que el repuesto final ahora esta disponible.
lQue podria suceder?
En caso de producirse un choque que requiriera la activaci6n del airbag del pasajero, la presi6n interna excesiva podrfa hacer explotar el airbag. Esto podrfa hacer que fragmentos metalicos golpearan al pasajero o a otros ocupantes, lo que podrfa causar lesiones graves o la muerte. Si usted no es la (nica persona que conduce este vehiculo, comparta esta informaci6n importante con todos los demas conductores y pasajeros.
lQue hara BMW?
Se inspeccionara su vehfculo para confirmar que tipo de inflador/m6dulo de airbag del pasajero esta instalado actualmente. La inspecci6n se realizara de forma GRATUITA. Si se confirma que su vehfculo tiene un inflador/m6dulo de airbag “similar”, este se reemplazara con una pieza de repuesto final. Esta reparaci6n GRATUITA se llevara a cabo en aproximadamente tres horas.
Hay algunas opciones en caso de que sea un inconveniente traer el vehfculo para repararlo, si fuera necesario. Comunfquese con su centro local de BMW para ver las opciones disponibles.
Si ya ha hecho esta reparaci6n por su cuenta, consulte el adjunto sobre la posible elegibilidad para recibir un reembolso.
lQue ocurre si no soy el propietario actual de este vehiculo?
Puede completar la tarjeta con respuesta postal paga adjunta o registrarse en http://www.bmwusa.com/myBMW para actualizar la informaci6n de la titularidad del vehfculo o su informaci6n de contacto. Si usted es arrendador del vehiculo, las reglamentaciones federales exigen que reenvie este aviso a su arrendatario en un plazo de diez dias.
lQue debo hacer si tengo alguna pregunta o algún problema?
Si tiene alguna pregunta sobre esta retirada, visite www.bmwusa.com/recall para leer las preguntas frecuentes o comunfquese con el centro autorizado de BMW. Si necesita asistencia adicional, comunfquese con el BMW Customer Relations and Services (Servicio de Atenci6n al Cliente de BMW) llamando al 1-800-525-7417 o por correo electr6nico a CustomerRelat[email protected]
Si el centro de BMW no puede resolver el defecto sin cargo o en un plazo razonable, puede notificar al administrador de la National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (Administraci6n Nacional de Seguridad de Transito en Carreteras), 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, DC 20590, llamar a la Vehicle Safety Hotline (Lfnea gratuita directa de seguridad vehicular) al 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153) o visitar http://www.safercar.gov.
Le aseguramos que nos importa su seguridad y le pedimos sinceras disculpas si esta retirada le causa algun inconveniente. Recomendamos que usted y sus pasajeros utilicen el cintur6n de seguridad en todo momento.
BMW of North America, LLC
English version on front side
Versión en inglés en el frente
PLAN DE REEMBOLSO A CLIENTES SEGÚN LA TREAD ACT (LEY DE MEJORA DE RETIRADA, RESPONSABILIDAD Y DOCUMENTACIÓN EN EL TRANSPORTE)
(BMW of North America, LLC)
Si pagó por la reparación descrita en la carta adjunta y desearía que los gastos se consideren para reembolso, póngase en contacto con el centro autorizado de BMW de su localidad. Se tendrán en cuenta los gastos pagados a instalaciones de reparación que no pertenezcan a la red de centros de BMW; sin embargo, el procedimiento de reparación debe seguir las normas establecidas por BMW.
El centro autorizado de BMW de su localidad le solicitará una copia de la carta de notificación al propietario, al igual que la factura pagada previamente. Después, inspeccionarán el vehículo (si todavía lo tiene) antes de presentar una reclamación en su nombre ante BMW of North America, LLC para solicitar el reembolso.
Tenga en cuenta lo siguiente:
- Solamente se reembolsan las reparaciones que se deban a esta retirada por motivos de seguridad. No se reembolsarán los gastos derivados, como remolque, alquiler, hospedaje, reparación de daños,
- El precio de venta minorista sugerido por el fabricante (MSRP) para las piezas genuinas de BMW se considerará como la guía para los cargos razonables por piezas.
- La mano de obra de la reparación, los impuestos y el desecho de los residuos peligrosos, cuando se hayan pagado previamente, son elegibles para reembolso.
- Los gastos por las reparaciones realizadas más de 10 días después de la fecha de la última carta de notificación al propietario enviada por BMW no son elegibles para reembolso.
El centro autorizado de BMW de su localidad debe poder responder las preguntas que pueda tener sobre sus calificaciones para el reembolso de una reparación previa. Si califica para dicho reembolso, el centro de BMW de su localidad también podrá informarle sobre cómo puede recibir el reembolso.
El centro autorizado de BMW de su localidad debe ser su contacto principal sobre este tema. No obstante, se puede comunicar con el Customer Relations and Services Department (Departamento de Relaciones con el Cliente y Servicios al Cliente) llamando al 1-800-525-7417 si necesita asistencia especial.
En las situaciones especiales en las que el centro autorizado de BMW de su localidad no pueda ayudarlo, puede presentar una solicitud escrita de reembolso a la siguiente dirección:
Customer Relations and Services Department
BMW of North America, LLC
P.O. Box 1227
Westwood, NJ 07675-1227
Si intenta presentar una solicitud de reembolso ante nuestro Customer Relations and Services Department, su vehículo (si todavía lo tiene y fue reparado en una instalación que no pertenece a la red de centros de BMW) deberá ser inspeccionado en un centro autorizado de BMW antes de que se pueda aceptar una reclamación para consideración. El fin de este procedimiento es garantizar que las reparaciones previas efectuadas en una instalación externa cumplan con las normas de BMW para la realización de la retirada.
13 Affected Products
9 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 Report
Recall 573 Report – Amendment 1
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2020-1
Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – 3 New Takata Recalls (Effective Today, January 16, 2020) dated 1/16/2020
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2020-2
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2020-3
Latest Recalls Documents
1 Associated Investigation
The Office of Defects Investigation (ODI) opened PE14-016 in June 2014 based on six inflator rupture incidents involving consumer owned vehicles produced by five vehicle manufacturers. All six vehicles were operated in Florida or Puerto Rico at the time of the rupture and for the majority of their service life, and were equipped with inflators produced by Takata, a tier-one supplier of automotive air bag systems.
During the course of PE14-016, ODI determined that five additional vehicle manufacturers used inflators of a similar design and vintage also supplied by Takata. No evidence of field failures was found in vehicles produced by these five additional manufacturers. Nonetheless, at ODI’s insistence, all 10 vehicle manufacturers initiated a regional recall within approximately two weeks of the opening of the investigation. The regions recalled initially included Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, areas with high absolute humidity and climatic conditions believed to be a significant factor in the inflator ruptures. As part of the recall actions, inflators removed from remedied vehicles are to be returned to Takata for testing.
Takata’s initial test results on passenger inflators from remedied vehicles indicated a much higher than anticipated rupture frequency for inflators returned from Florida. Accordingly ODI requested all 10 manufacturers expand the regional recalls for passenger inflators to include other geographic areas where high absolute humidity conditions exist, including the Gulf States and other coastal areas. Takata’s testing of the passenger inflators to date continues to indicate this geographic area as having the highest risk, with no ruptures occurring from inflators returned from outside the expanded recall regions. During PE14-016 four additional passenger inflator field events occurred, all in vehicles from the same expanded geographic region.
Also during PE14-016 four additional driver inflator field events occurred including two in vehicles from regions not known for high absolute humidity, specifically California and North Carolina. Accordingly, ODI requested all five of the affected vehicle manufacturers currently using the subject Takata driver inflators expand to nationwide recalls. Significantly, neither of the affected vehicle manufacturers or Takata provided any explanation to account for these two driver air bag inflator ruptures outside the area of high absolute humidity. Takata testing of returned driver inflators indicates a lower rupture frequency as compared to passenger inflator testing. All test ruptures reported by Takata to date have occurred on inflators returned from high absolute humidity areas.
The investigation now includes all manufacturers and vehicles known to be affected at this time. ODI’s investigation will focus on, among other things, root cause analysis, other potential defect consequences, identification of affected vehicles scope, and adequacy of the remedy.
The five ODI reports cited above can be reviewed online at http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchNHTSAID under the following identification numbers: 10537899, 10568848, 10585224, 10605877, 10651492
- 🚩2022 New Elite Version🚩Same Function As LAUNCH CRP123E 🚩Lifetime Free Update🚩5 YEARs Warranty 🚩Conact seller to get Free Gift 🚩Fast delivery by Amazon
- 🎁【Great Gift Idea For Every Car Owner】: Prefect choice for your father, husband, brother or boyfriend. EVERY CAR OWNER WILL NEED IT! It comes with high-quality host with a strong box. Get LAUNCH CRP123 Elite car diagnostic scanner and give your lover a surprise!
- 🚗【 Read & Clear/Reset Engine/ABS/SRS/Transmission Diagnostic Scan Tool 】LAUNCH CRP123 OBD2 Scanner can test Engine, Transmission, ABS and Airbag four systems, also reads and resets code, displays data stream graphic, stores and playbacks dynamic data stream,helps to quick analysis and diagnosis.
- 🚗【 Error Fault Code Reader 】Except the full 10 modes OBD2 diagnostic functions like, retrieving I/M readiness, Freeze Frame Data, Read Dynamic Data stream and Vehicle Information, O2 Sensor Test, EVAP Test of Fuel Tank System (Mode 8) and Advanced On-board Monitoring (Mode 6), launch crp123 obd2 scanner can not only reveal what error codes your car is producing, but also erase your vehicle’s check engine light after problem fixed, the DTC help and explanation also tell you the exact problem.
- 🚗【 Live Data Graphing + Read/Record/Playback Data stream + Print diagnostic data 】※Live Data Graphing ,more intuitive to know your vehicle’s problem . ※ Large size Color Screen ;※ Print Function:Print the diagnose result easily; ※ with user manual and register & update tutorial video uploaded in the link by us, you can Look up it anytime by ONE-CLICK.
- 🥇【WORTH EVERY PENNY】 Comprehensive Foxwell scanner which you can not find under USD 200. 1️⃣As a Bidirectional Scan Tool: Activate and commend ABS/ Airbag component; 2️⃣As a Reset Tool: Clear ABS VSA SAS SRS Airbag Light/Codes + Calibrate SAS after maintenance; 3️⃣As a Code Readers & Scan Tools: All functions of ABS/VSA/SRS/Airbag system + Diagnose SAS faults & powerful obd2 scanners. 👉TIPS: This abs scan tool can not remove airbag crash data or collision data. NOT support coding function.
- 🎃【ABS BLEED SCAN TOOL】Foxwell NT630 Plus obd2 scanner with abs auto bleed function is a valuable tool with the price in the market. 👉Note: Only works on the vehicles that support auto abs bleeding. The air will get inside when replace components such as calipers, wheel cylinders, the master cylinder, brake lines or hoses. This abs auto bleed scan tool will help bleed the brake, cycling the pump and valves to get a firm brake pedal and keep a safety driving on the road.
- 👍【BIDIRECTIONAL SCAN TOOL FOR ABS SRS AIRBAG】Saving you thousands of repair fee from dealship. The abs code reader scan tool allows you to control the ABS/Airbag system and components to test which part was bad, including Auto Bleed Test/ Setup SDM Serial Number/ ABS Manual Control Tests/ ABS Motor Test/ ABS Version Test/ Actuator Tests, etc. To make sure the abs scanner tool will run more smoothly, please confirm if the NT630 plus will cover your vehicle before purchase via Amazon messages.
- 🚦【ALL FUNCTIONS FOR ABS VSA SRS AIRBAG】Do more not just read/clear codes like other scan tools do. The obd2 scanner abs airbag code reader is designed for solving issues when the warning light(MIL) was on. Diagnoses all modules, pin-points the problem down and tells you which sensor was bad that caused the problem, no need to replace one by one. NT630 plus will reset/calibrate the new sensor after replacement. Finally turning off the warning lights and keeping all to running well.
- 🌈【STEERING ANGLE SENSOR SAS CALIBRATION】 This Foxwell obd2 scanner lets you perform calibration of the steering angle sensor, which permanently stores the current steering wheel position as straight-ahead in the sensor EEPROM. On successful calibration of the sensor, its fault memory is automatically cleared.
- Premium OBD2 Code Reader with Enhanced Coverage and Functionality – Professional-level functionality to read and clear OBD engine codes, checks brake pad life, oil system life, tire pressures, transmission temperature, and resets, initializes, and reads battery voltage; includes language support for English, Spanish, and French
- Bi-Directional Functionality - Supports ABS brake bleeding, enabling and disabling fuel injectors, electronics parking brakes, and more active tests are available depending on vehicle; take advantage of full vehicle network scans, battery reset, Hybrid battery cell voltage, ABS systems, TPMS/Tire Pressure, Battery system check, Special Reset Functions, and full vehicle network scans
- Self-Diagnosis of Emission Status - Determines whether you’ll pass a state vehicle smog test; includes functions for ABS (Brake), SMOG, 10 OBD2 Modes, SRS (Airbag and Seatbelt) to make sure you’re always driving safely
- RepairSolutions2 App Built into Tablet – Find the problem and fix the problem with RepairSolutions2; get verified fixes, find and purchase the exact part required for repair, view maintenance schedules, buy parts, send vehicle information reports, receive technical bulletins, dealer and safety recalls, and access to Innova’s best-in-class database
- USA Designed and Supported Products – California-based, ASE-certified customer support team is glad to assist you as you navigate through this product; use on any foreign or domestic 1996 or newer OBD2 car, light truck, SUV, or hybrid vehicle
- 🔥🔥【8 Reset Service Car Scanner 】TOPDON obd2 scanner AD600S is the upgrade version of TOPDON AD600, AD500 and AD500S.This diagnostic scan tool Adds 3 more commonly used reset function.✅Except for OIL RESET, BRAKE RESET, TPMS RESET, Throttle Adaptation, SAS RESET, ✅it add the BMS RESET, ABS BLEEDING, DPF RESET, ✅more practical reset functions than TOPDON AD600 and AD500S. For the cost you’re getting value from this handy car scanner to reset systems. *Function menu varies by vehicle’s specifics.
- 【2022 New, 4 Systems Diagnostic Tool】This is an OBDII scanner and 4 systems diagnostic tool made for home mechanics, DIYers, and professionals. You can access AT/ENG/ABS/SRS fault codes to find the right troubleshooting procedure, and diagnose with full 10 OBD2 test modes to fix most of emission issues. Give your aging cars satisfying routine maintenance to avoid costly repairs, a breakdown, or even a crash.*DOESN'T WORK WITH 5G.
- 【No extra software fee + One-click Lifetime Free Updates】The touch-sensitive screen on this scan tool makes operation much easier than the simple button-based OBD2 code readers. The icons are clear and its 5” color screen with high resolution will leave you with no trouble interpreting results in a dark garage. One-click lifetime updates over Wi-Fi will keep the software current and the coverage addition constant. Android 6.0 ensures lightning-fast bootup and processing.
- 【Powerful Compatibility + Work on 90 Vehicle Brands】Most OBD2 scanners work with vehicles manufactured after 2001, but TOPDON ArtiDiag600S compatible with OBDII-equipped vehicles built after 1996, and it works on more than 90 Vehicle Brands.It supports Diesel (12v only), gasoline, 12V passenger car, pickup, light-duty truck, SUV, minivans, compatible with OBD2/EOBD/JOBD&CAN protocols.*Menus vary by make, model, and year of gasoline or diesel engine vehicle. Email us your VIN data.
- 【Versatile Scan Tool+AUTO VIN+DTC Lookup】This OBD2 scanner has automatic VIN technology to identify the car without manual input. Live data display in text or 4-in-1 merged waveform graph, you can save, share, print, or email the overall inspection report for easier analysis. Inbuilt “Feedback” module provides customized repair suggestions from our certified professionals. Onboard DTC library saves your Google searching time when interpreting the error codes. AutoVIN doesn’t work on ALL cars.
- 🎁【FREE TPMS ACTIVATION TOOL FOR GM'S CARS】: Just click "Extra Savings" under price and add both to your cart to get a FREE TPMS activation Tool which works for GM cars.
- 👍2022 NEW ELITE VERSION OF LAUNCH CRP129E: 4 system diagnostics & 5 reset functions & 10 obdii modes + Health Report Generation-Launch crp129e scan tool reset ENG/SAS/ABS/AT systems,5 most used special reset capabilities (Steering Angle Calibration (SAS), Electronic Parking Brake (EPB), Oil Lamp Reset,TPMS, Throttle Position Reset). you can also generate a vehicle health report by one-click and share to your email via Wifi which can help avoid blind maintenance, offer solution.
- 💯 4 IN 1 LIVE DATA & DATA RECORD & PLAYBACK: 4 in1 graphing parameter for 4 main systems. ➤ Auto-VIN for quick and accurate identification.➤Graphing Live data and the instantaneous voltage across the battery terminals. ➤Auto record diagnostic data, recorded data can be played back in text format and graph format. ➤Diagnostic Record in 4 ways:1)Graph2)Combine3)Value4)Frame Playback➤Print diagnostic report which can read hidden problem make early warning.
- 🆚UPGRADED VERSION OF CRP123(E): ➤1)5 inch bigger touch screen 2) 6100mAh faster charge battery 3) One-Click WIFI Update allow you use the newest software all time free 4) Graphing the instantaneous voltage across the battery terminals. 5) Print diagnostic report which can read hidden problem make early warning. 6) Google search DTC definition online. 7) AutoVIN scan. 8) one to one diagnostic feedback from Launch Tech.9) Share & Print healthy report.
- 💌LIFETIME FREE UPDATE & ONLINE TECH SUPPORT: One-click WiFi free updates on internet for lifetime ➤ 5 years warranty for quality issue for Launch crp129e from Launch Tech.➤ Lifetime help online with multilingual support: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, etc.,Lifetime help online and 5 years warranty,60 days no reason return and replacement. Ask Q&A on this page or email seller, you will get help within 12 hours.
- 🎁【Great Gift Idea】: Top present choice for your father, husband, brother or boyfriend.EVERY CAR OWNER WILL NEED IT! It comes with protective case with rugged and handy design.Get NT604 Elite car code reader and give your lover a surprise!
- 🔔【Easy to Use--Work out of box】+【FOXWELL 2022 New Version】 FOXWELL NT604 Elite scan tool is the 2022 new version from FOXWELL, which is designed for those car owners who want to figure out the cause issue before fixing the car problem via scanning the most common systems like abs srs engine and transmission.The NT604 Elite diagnostic tool comes with latest software, which can be used out of box. No need to waste time to download the software first.
- 🍎【Affordable】+【Reliable Car Health Monitor】 Will you be confused what happen when the warning light of abs/srs/transmission/check engine flashes? Instead of taking your cars to dealership, this foxwell scanner will help you do a thorough scanning and detection for your lovely cars and pinpoint the problem for you, which saves time and money for you. It will turn off the warning light for you after you fix the problem, making you to know more about your cars and do your own repair.
- 🥑【2 in 1 Diagnostic Scanner】Compared with those auto scanners (50-100 USD), NT604 Elite code scanner not only includes their OBDII diagnosis but also it can be an abs/srs scanner, transmission and check engine code reader. When it’s an odb2 scanner, you can use it to check if your car is ready for annual emission test through I/M readiness menu. In addition, live data stream, built-in DTC library, data play back and print, all these features are a big plus for it.
- 🍓【Fantastic AUTOVIN】+【No extra software fee】Through the AUTOVIN menu, this NT604 Elite car scanner allows you to get your VIN and vehicle info rapidly, no need to take time to find your VIN and input one by one. What's more, the NT604 Elite abs srs scanner supports 60+ car makes from worldwide (America/Asia/Europe). You don’t need to pay extra software fee.
- 🎁【Great Gift Idea for Father's Day, Free TPMS Activation Tool】: Just click "Extra Savings" under price and add both to your cart to get a FREE TPMS Activation Tool which works for GM cars. 🎁【Great Gift Idea】: A top present choice for your father, husband, brother, or boyfriend. It comes with a high-quality host with a strong box. 2022 LAUNCH CRP123X scanner for all cars holds 4x faster & stronger processing speed and communication than the 2021 version
- 👍[NEW CHIPS, NEW FEATURE; Upgraded Of FOXWELL Car Scanner NT604 Elite/ANCEL FX2000/Creader VII+]: Launch CRP123X OBD2 scanner is the 2022 new version from LAUNCH; added new functions like 💡 lifetime free updating fixing bugs, get new car models 💡 Free Battery Voltage Test, Online Feedback, Online Google Search, Auto VIN. 💡NEW CHIPS, Fast 7.0 Android, 16GB Memory, 5" touch HD screen,6100mAh Rechargeable Battery. 💡5-Year Warranty, 60 days unconditional return!
- 🔥[Lifetime Free Update, No Extra Software Fee& Over 100000+ Vehicle Models]: Launch CRP123X with 2022 newer data & functions, and software.LAUNCH car tool for 1996-2022 common vehicles in Asian, European, American, Indian, and more car brands. Such as passenger cars, SUVs, minivans,12V light-duty trucks, etc. 👍FREE updates, NO extra fee for the software, always have the latest bug fixes, new vehicles, newly added parameters, and functionality at your fingertips, SAVE AT LEAST $2000 PER YEAR.
- 🔔【4 in 1 Car Health Monitor】+【Auto VIN Smart Diagnostic】Launch obd2 scanner diagnostic tool CRP123X to figure out the cause issue before fixing the car problem by scanning the most common systems, It will turn off the warning light for you after fix the problem, make to know more about your cars and do your own repair. 🎁AUTO VIN technology can identify vehicle make, model, and year info,lets you to get your vehicle info rapidly during the diagnosis. (Some models need to type it in manually.)
- 🎉[Real-time Diagnostic Data, Live Data Stream In Graphic]: LAUNCH diagnostic scanner for all vehicles, shows you real-time data (temperature, speed, circle and etc) in text & graph formats for analysis and troubleshooting. Launch code reader Merge & Multi-graph live data displays（merge 4 PIDs in one), making problem-solving clearer. Vehicle Health Report can be recorded for further analysis and can be shared by email and then print on a computer.
- 👍【2022 UPGRADED CAR SCANNER WITH 5 RESET SERVICES】Comprehensive, accurate, and fast. Much more than a basic OBD2 code reader’s capability. 🤙The large 5” color screen presents quality results quickly and straightforwardly. This TOPDON 2022 newly-released diagnostic tool is equipped with 5 common used reset functions including oil reset, BMS reset, ABS bleeding, DPF reset, throttle adaptation. **The function list is related to vehicle’s make, model, and year.
- 👍【4 SYSTEMS DIAGNOSIS + AUTOMATIC AUTOVIN SCAN】This car scanner carries out essential diagnoses that any mechanics and car owners can rely on. It includes the ABS/SRS/Engine/Transmission diagnostics to troubleshoot underlying safety issues for 90 car manufacturers; this obd2 scanner shows quick and accurate vehicle identification via auto VIN scan, helping you pinpoint the cause issue by reading codes, freeze frame and real-time live data.
- 👍【FULL OBD2 COMPLIANCY + DATA RECORD & PLAYBACK】Full OBD2 tests help fix emission-related problems common in cars running for over 3 years. You can easily view diagnostic results with the automatic inspection report recorded, played back, and printed via PC. Up to 4 data streams can be merged in a graphic to display a clear comparison. Any confusing codes triggered? Look up what they mean right on the DTC Library or try Online Feedback to network with our experts.
- 👍【GREAT COMPATIBILITY + ONE-CLICK UPDATE LATEST SOFTWARE】One-click WiFi free updates on the internet for lifetime allows you to get the latest bug fixes, new vehicles, newly added parameters, and functionality. 🤙Extensive vehicle coverage includes 90 vehicle makers, works on most vehicles after 1996 and up to 2020. It supports Diesel (12v only), 12V passenger car, pickup, and light-duty truck, SUV, gasoline, minivans, compatible with OBD2/EOBD/JOBD&CAN protocols. **DOESN'T WORK WITH 5G.
- 🚩【GREAT AFTER-SALE SERVICE PACKAGE】You can expect 60 days unconditional return & 100% original replacement policy; 🤙12 months product quality backup; and dedicated 24/7 technical assistance. 🤙The free-for-lifetime update ensures the vehicle coverage continues to grow at no extra cost. 🤙This OBD2 scanner has 9 languages compatible menu: EN/FR/ES/DE/IT/RU/PT/JP/KR. What’s in the package: 1*ArtiDiag500S, 1*5V DC charging cable, 1*quick start guide, 1*user's manual
- 🎁【Free TPMS Activation Tool】: Just click "Extra Savings" under price and add both to your cart to get a FREE TPMS Activation Tool which works for GM cars. Limited quantity. First come, first served. 🎁【Great Gift Idea】: A top present choice for your father, husband, brother or boyfriend. EVERY CAR OWNER WILL NEED IT! Get LAUNCH CRP129X obd2 scanner and give your lover a surprise!
- 【2022 Upgraded Version】+【No extra software fee】LAUNCH CRP129X obd2 scanner is upgraded of launch scanner crp129 crp123x, creader vii+: 5 more practical reset functions (Oil/EPB/SAS/TPMS Reset, Throttle Matching) than LAUNCH CRP123X scan tool; Most used 4 system diagnoses (ABS/SRS/ENGINE/AT); Equipped with higher hardware: large 5" touch HD screen, Fast 7.0 Android, 16G RAM, 6100mah BAT, to give you better user experience; Lifetime free update & 5 Years warranty.
- 【Cost-effective: 5 Service Functions】+【Print Diagnostic Report】LAUNCH CRP129X obd2 scanner for car offers 5 OE-level services to give you more repair solutions: Oil Reset, Steering Angle Calibration, Electronic Parking Brake, TPMS Reset, Throttle Adaptation. Auto VIN scan can identify car make, model, and year info to shorten the navigation process. You can generate a vehicle health report by one-click and share to your mechanic friend to help you analyse problems to avoid blind maintenance!
- 【3 in 1 Diagnostic Scan Tool】+【Live Data Stream In Graphic】LAUNCH CRP129X car diagnostic scanner is not only a diagnostic scanner providing oe-level services, but also an ABS SRS scan tool, transmission and check engine code reader. When it’s an odb2 scanner, you can use it to check if your car is ready for annual emission test through I/M readiness menu. In addition, live data stream, built-in DTC library, data play back and print, all these features are a big plus for it.
- 【Work out of Box】+【Wide Vehicle Coverage】 LAUNCH CRP129X diagnostic scanner for all cars comes with latest software, which can be used out of box. No need to waste time to download the software first. This scan tool supports one-click update via Wi-Fi which can fix some bugs, and update new make up to 2021 models. It works on 60+ car brands, covering OBD2/EOBD/JOBD vehicle mostly manufactured after 1996. It also helps to judge the state of the battery via real-time battery voltage graphing.
- 【Check Engine Light】The obd2 scanner 6100P shows fault codes with DTC Severity and quickly reveals the cause of "Check Engine" light warnings(MIL). One-press hot key to turn off check engine light after vehicle maintenance. Live data displays plenty of vehicle data present, such as engine coolant temperature, fuel injector pulse width(fuel trim), RPM, spark timing, etc.
- 【ABS & SRS & Transmission 】In addition to emission-related OBD II codes,The abs srs obd2 scanner works well on reading/erasing ABS & SRS and Transmission codes for popular US Car Makes such as Ford, Chevy, Dodge, GM, etc. when the Traction light is constantly on. The ability to really detect where the problem is concerning brakes and airbags enables you to make sure all safety measures in place before putting yourself in harm's way.
- 【Oil Light Reset+Oil Level/Oil Life】The Oil Reset feature provides step-by-step reset procedures after an oil change for most 1996 and newer OBD2 vehicles. The free stepwise guide which 6100P scan tool provides as regards oil change reset and drive cycle procedures may be a major relieve for beginners. This abs code reader can also monitor your oil level and its service life.
- 【Battery Test & Alternator Test】The Innova code reader can be used to check the performance of the battery or alternator for your hybrid, car, SUV, minivan, or light truck diesel as well. During rough winters and scorching summers, this diagnostic tool will be invaluable when trying to root out start-up issues.
- 【Code Severity Levels】With Code Severity Levels function of This Innova Scan Tool, you can quickly identify if your vehicle needs an immediate fix or if it can wait until you get home to fix it yourself,You don't need to worry about the warning lights on again. And we are glad to tell that Innova 6100P has been selected to "Amazon's Highly recommended products" as "Highly rated OBDII Scanners" 🙂
Last update on 2022-07-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.