August 28, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V634000
Without a crash pad, rear seat passengers would have an increased risk of injury in the event of a side impact crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V634
Manufacturer BMW of North America, LLC
Potential Number of Units Affected 683
BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2020 MINI Hardtop 2-Door Cooper, Cooper S, and JCW vehicles. The rear side trim panels may have been assembled without a crash pad. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 214, “Side Impact Protection.”
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
SIM 51 02 19
RECALL 19V-XXX: CRASH PAD
Please perform the procedure outlined in this Service Information on all affected vehicles before customer delivery. In the event the customer has already taken delivery of the vehicle, please perform the procedure the next time the vehicle is in the shop.
This Service Information Bulletin (Revision 1) replaces SI M51 02 19 dated August 2019.
What’s New (Specific text highlighted):
|E-Series||Model Description||Production Date|
|F56||MINI Hardtop 2 Door||June 11, 2019 to August 14, 2019|
Vehicles which require this Recall Campaign to be completed will show it as “Open” when checked either in AIR, the “Service Menu” of DCSnet (Dealer Communication System), Key Reader or Warranty Vehicle Inquiry.
BMW of North America, LLC is conducting a Voluntary Non-Compliance Recall (effective August 22, 2019) on select Model Year 2020 MINI vehicles that were produced between June 11, 2019 and August 14, 2019.
Affected vehicles may marginally exceed a Federal requirement. An energy absorbing element in each rear door side panel may not have been installed during production. In a side crash of sufficient severity, this could increase the risk of injury to rear seat occupants.
Approximately 1,832 vehicles are affected by this recall.
Recall notice and Q&A have been attached for further information.
The structural foam, which is normally installed during production, was not installed.
Install a molded structural foam pad to both the left and right rear side trim panels.
The pad is applied to the inside surface of the panel, and is not visible either from inside the vehicle nor from the outside.
The general location is indicated on this passenger side panel by the dotted line.
Note: Complete removal of the B and C pillar trim is not required. The trim can be set aside without complete removal.
2. Set the molded foam part (1) down and align the existing bore holes over the welded pins (arrows).
3. Mark (2) the insulating material as shown to the left.
4. Carefully drill out the welded pins (1) flush with the side trim panel.
Note: Use a drill bit that is 10mm in diameter. Do not damage the side trim panel.
5. Cut the noise insulating material following the marking made in step 3.
6. Clean the adhesive area (1) using cleaner R2 P/N 83 19 0 417 324.
7. Apply adhesive (Hot melt adhesive 3731 P/N 83 19 2 409 987) to the molded foam part.
Note: Application time = 2 minutes maximum.
8. Stick the molded foam part to the side trim panel.
– Align using the existing bore holes in the molded foam part and the
welded pins that you have drilled out (1).
|51 43 7 436 519||Left structural foam pad||1|
|51 43 7 436 520||Right structural foam pad||1|
Sublet- Bulk Material
|83 19 2 409 987||BMW Group Weld Hot Melt Adhesive 3731 Q (Qty 1 = 15 adhesive sticks, sufficient for 15 vehicles)||As needed|
|83 19 0 417 324||Cleaner R2 (500ml)||As needed|
Reimbursement for this Recall Campaign will be via normal claim entry utilizing the following information:
Completion “before” the first vehicle delivery to a customer or the vehicle is already in the workshop
|Work Pkg||Labor Operation||Description (Plus work)||Labor Allowance|
|# 1||00 68 625||Retrofit the structural molded foam parts to both the left and right rear side trim panels (Plus work)||20 FRU|
The vehicle arrives at your center and this Recall Campaign shows open (No other Main work will be performed/claimed during this workshop visit)
|Work Pkg||Labor Operation||Description (Main work)||Labor Allowance|
|# 2||00 68 097||Retrofit the structural molded foam parts to both the left and right rear side trim panels (Main work)||22 FRU|
Claim Repair Comments
Unless additional related/in conjunction work was required (not addressed and/or included in one of the options provided above), then only reference the SIB number and the work package (Pkg) number performed in the RO technician notes and in the claim comments (For example: B51 02 19 WP 1), unless otherwise required by State law.
Sublet – Bulk Materials (RO and Claim Comments Required)
|Sublet Code 4||See sublet reimbursement calculation below||Reimbursement for the used quantities of BMW Group Weld Hot Melt Adhesive 3731 Q (Adhesive sticks – Bulk P/N 83 19 2 409 987: Qty 1 = 15 adhesive sticks) and Cleaner R2 (1 = 500ml)|
Sublet reimbursement calculation for claiming the applicable repair-related bulk materials, Weld Hot Melt Adhesive 3731 Q sticks (bulk P/N 83 19 2 409 987: Qty 1 = 15 adhesive sticks) and Cleaner R2 (1 = 500ml), is at the dealer net price amount for the quantities used plus your dealer’s handling.
Enter this material cost in sublet and itemize the amount in the claim comment section. And, as applicable:
Alternative Mobility Solution (AMS) for Vehicle Owners (RO and Claim Comments Required)
This Recall repair qualifies for Alternative Mobility Solution (AMS) expense reimbursement, claim this item under the Defect Code noted above as follows:
Sublet Code 2 – Itemize the AMS sublet amount on the repair order and in the claim comment section.
Please refer to SI M01 01 17 for additional information.
picture_as_pdf M510219 2019-F56-CrashPad-QA-(22Aug2019)-FINAL.pdf
picture_as_pdf M510219 Recall Notice.pdf
NON-COMPLIANCE RECALL NOTICE
To: All Center Operators, Sales Managers, Service Manager, Parts Manager and Warranty Processor
RE: Recall 19V-xxx: Crash Pad – M51 02 19
BMW of North America, LLC is conducting a Voluntary Non-Compliance Recall (effective August 22, 2019) on select Model Year 2020 MINI vehicles that were produced between June 11, 2019 and August 14, 2019.
Please be reminded that it is a violation of federal law (The Safety Act) for you to sell, lease or deliver any new motor vehicle covered by this notification until the recall repair has been performed. This means that centers may not legally deliver new motor vehicles to consumers until they are fixed or use/sell replacement equipment/parts subject to this recall. Note also that substantial civil penalties apply to violations of the Safety Act.
Also, you should not sell, lease or deliver any Certified Pre-Owned or used vehicles subject to a safety recall until the repair is completed.
Please follow any special instructions that we provide to you for the return or disposition of recall parts.
We appreciate all your assistance with this Recall.
Attachment to M510219
Non-Compliance Recall 19V-xxx
Model Year 2020
MINI Hardtop 2 Door
Last Updated 08/22/2019
|Q1.||Which MINI models in the US are potentially affected by this Non-Compliance Recall?
Approximately 1,832 Model Year 2020 MINI Hardtop 2 Door models in the US, produced between June 11, 2019 and August 14, 2019, are potentially affected.
|Q2.||What is the specific issue?
Affected vehicles may marginally exceed a Federal requirement. An energy absorbing element in each rear side panel may not have been installed during production. In a side crash of sufficient severity, this could increase the risk of injury to rear seat occupants.
|Q3.||Can I continue to drive my vehicle?
Yes. However, when you receive a letter requesting you to make an appointment to have this Non-Compliance Recall performed by an authorized MINI dealer, please do so as soon as possible. If you are not the only driver of this vehicle, please advise all other drivers of this important information.
|Q4.||Why are other MINI vehicles not included in this Non-Compliance Recall? Other vehicles were produced to specifications.
|Q5.||How did MINI become aware of this issue?
MINI became aware of this issue through its quality control procedures.
|Q6.||How will my vehicle be repaired?
The crash pads will be installed on affected vehicles for free and will take approximately two hours.
|Q7.||Is MINI aware of any accidents or injuries in the US, involving these MINI vehicles associated with this Non-Compliance Recall?
|Q8.||How will I be informed of this Non-Compliance Recall?
You will receive a letter in October via First Class mail advising you of this Non-Compliance Recall and requesting you to schedule an appointment with an authorized MINI dealer to have this NonCompliance Recall performed. You can locate your nearest authorized MINI dealer at www.miniusa.com/dealer. To ensure that MINI has your most recent contact and vehicle information, please register your MINI vehicle at www.miniusa.com/ol. Registration is free, and will give you access to factory initiated campaigns and other information specific to your vehicle.
|Q9.||Do I have to wait for my letter to have my vehicle serviced?
Yes. We are in the process of implementing this Non-Compliance Recall to ensure that the necessary tools, parts, and procedures are available prior to contacting you to schedule an appointment with your authorized MINI dealer to have this Non-Compliance Recall performed.
IMPORTANT NON-COMPLIANCE RECALL – Remedy Available
This notice applies to your vehicle,
Recall Campaign No. 19V-634: Rear Seat Crash Pad
Dear MINI Owner / Lessee:
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. BMW AG has decided that certain Model Year 2020 MINI Hardtop 2 Door (Cooper, Cooper S, John Cooper Works) vehicles fail to conform to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 214 (Side Impact Protection). Our records indicate that you are the owner of a potentially affected vehicle.
Why are we contacting you?
We are pleased to inform you that we are ready to perform this recall. If you have not had this recall performed, please contact your authorized MINI dealer immediately to schedule an appointment. Visit www.miniusa.com/dealer to locate your nearest MINI dealer.
What could happen?
If you are not the only driver of this vehicle, please advise all other drivers and passengers of this important information.
What will MINI do?
A crash pad will be installed in the rear side interior trim panels for free which could take approximately one hour.
What if I am not the current owner of this vehicle?
You can update the vehicle ownership or your contact information by completing the enclosed postage-paid card or by registering at http://www.miniusa.com/ol. If you are a vehicle lessor, Federal Regulations require you to forward this notice to your lessee within ten days.
What if I have questions or experience problems?
For the latest updates to this recall, please visit www.miniusa.com/recall. Should you have any questions about this recall, please contact your authorized MINI dealer. If you need additional assistance, contact MINI Customer Relations and Services at 1-866-825-1525 or at MINI[email protected].
If your MINI dealer is unable to remedy the defect without charge or within a reasonable period of time, you may notify the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, DC 20590, call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153), or go to http://www.safercar.gov.
Please be assured that your safety is important to us, and we sincerely apologize if this recall causes any inconvenience. We recommend that you and your passengers wear your safety belt at all times.
Spanish translation on back side
Traducción en español en el lado inverso
IMPORTANTE RETIRADA POR MOTIVOS DE INCUMPLIMIENTO – Repuesto disponible
Este aviso se aplica a su vehículo,
Campaña de retirada n.º 19V-634: Almohadilla amortiguadora en asientos traseros
Octubre de 2019
Estimado propietario o arrendatario de un vehículo MINI:
Le enviamos este aviso en virtud de la National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act (Ley Nacional de Seguridad de Tránsito y Vehículos). BMW AG ha determinado que algunos modelos del año 2020 de vehículos MINI Hardtop de 2 puertas (Cooper, Cooper S, John Cooper Works) no cumplen con el Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 214 (Estándar Federal de Seguridad de Vehículos n.º 214) (Protección contra impactos laterales). Según nuestros registros, usted es propietario de un vehículo potencialmente afectado.
¿Por qué nos ponemos en contacto con usted?
Nos complace informarle que estamos listos para realizar la retirada. Si no se ha hecho la retirada, comuníquese de inmediato con el distribuidor autorizado de MINI para programar una cita. Visite www.miniusa.com/dealer para localizar el distribuidor de MINI más cercano.
¿Qué podría suceder?
Es posible que su vehículo se haya ensamblado sin almohadillas amortiguadoras en los paneles de guarnición laterales de la parte trasera. En consecuencia, los pasajeros de los asientos traseros corren un mayor riesgo de sufrir lesiones en un accidente con impacto lateral.
Si usted no es la única persona que conduce ese vehículo, comparta esta importante información con todos los demás conductores y pasajeros.
¿Qué hará MINI?
Se instalará una almohadilla amortiguadora en los paneles de guarnición interiores laterales de la parte trasera sin cargo, lo que podría llevar aproximadamente una hora.
¿Qué ocurre si no soy el propietario actual de este vehículo?
Puede actualizar la información de la titularidad del vehículo o su información de contacto completando la tarjeta con respuesta postal paga adjunta o registrándose en http://www.miniusa.com/ol. Si usted es arrendador del vehículo, las reglamentaciones federales exigen que reenvíe este aviso a su arrendatario en un plazo de diez días.
¿Qué debo hacer si tengo alguna pregunta o algún problema?
Para ver las últimas actualizaciones de esta retirada, visite www.miniusa.com/recall. Si tiene alguna pregunta sobre esta retirada, comuníquese con el distribuidor autorizado de MINI. Si necesita asistencia adicional, comuníquese con el MINI Customer Relations and Services (Servicio de Atención al Cliente de MINI) llamando al 1-866-825-1525 o por correo electrónico a MINI[email protected].
Si el distribuidor de MINI no puede resolver el defecto sin cargo o en un plazo razonable, puede notificar al administrador de la National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (Administración Nacional de Seguridad de Tránsito en Carreteras), 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, DC 20590, llamar a la Vehicle Safety Hotline (Línea gratuita directa de seguridad vehicular) al 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153) o visitar http://www.safercar.gov.
Le garantizamos que nos importa su seguridad y le pedimos sinceras disculpas si esta retirada le causa algún inconveniente. Recomendamos que usted y sus pasajeros utilicen el cinturón de seguridad en todo momento.
English version on front side
Versión en inglés en el frente
3 Affected Products
8 Associated Documents
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2020-1
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-4
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers, etc.) – MINI Recall RE: Crash Pad.
Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2020-2
Latest Recalls Documents
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Achieve ultimate portability with this lightweight design to reach and remove stains virtually anywhere
- CONVENIENT DEEP CLEAN: Spray, scrub, and remove anything from pet messes to everyday mishaps
- LONGER REACH: Easily reach spots and stains on carpet, upholstery, stairs and more with the 5feet hose
- SELF-CLEANING TECHNOLOGY: Flushes the hose after each use to help remove dirt and bacteria
- DUAL TANK TECHNOLOGY: Keep clean and dirty water separate so you can easily fill, empty and rinse the tanks
- Fabric Cleaner: Cleans Cloth, Carpet, Upholstery, and More
- Application Type: Spout
- Breaks down and removes stubborn stains
- Works on indoor and outdoor fabric, upholstery and carpet
- Deep cleaning benefits of biotechnology
- 【Multi-Purpose Foam Cleaner】Multi-Purpose Foam Cleaner refreshes your car interior and home! Easily removes grit and grime, removes heavy oil stains without damage or fading.
- 【Protection】Faded, aged, cracked, suitable for decorating your car dashboard,
- 【Powerful Decontamination】The foam cleaner is universal and effective to remove grease, dirt, stubborn stains, remove odors, clean surfaces, keep clean and fresh,
- 【Fresh】Fresh lemon scent can keep the car fresh and eliminate odor.
- 【Multi-purpose】A practical cleaning tool, just spray the cleaner directly on the desired area, wait 2 minutes, and then use a rag or paper towel to solve the oil pollution problem. Suitable for vehicles, furniture, toilets, sofas.
- Four piece cleaning and detailing kit includes 4 different size and shape automotive/boat wash and detail brushes. The white brushes have soft bristles for scratch-free cleaning and scrubbing. All brushes feature rugged steel shafts with a ¼” (quarter inch) quick-change attachment for fast change-out of components. Clean and scrub aluminum, magnesium, chrome, clear coated, and painted rims and wheels for cars, trucks, and motorcycles. Use the power of your cordless drill to clean and scrub
- This car/boat cleaning kit includes our most popular power scrubber: The Drillbrush Original Power Scrubber corner and contour brush in soft white. Use this classic brush to clean car and motorcycle wheels, RVs, Boats, Jet Skis, Jeeps and off-road vehicles. Interior grime, stains and spills are no match for the rotary scrubbing action of The Original Drillbrush Power Scrubber
- Included in the kit is a 5-inch flat round brush. Tackle large areas like Tonneau covers, large area carpets, or boat hulls quickly with this larger brush. The 4-inch flat brush is also handy for bigger areas.
- Do you need to get into tight spaces or hard-to-reach areas? Included is a two inch diameter brush for all of those hard to reach spots like around lug nuts, in between mag wheel spokes, or narrow areas of carpeting
- All Drillbrush Products have a 90 day no questions asked Money back Guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with our product we will issue a full refund or ship out a replacement at the buyer's request. Cordless Drill NOT included.
- CAR DETAILING SUPPLIES: Includes auto upholstery cleaner & carpet brush scrubber for getting your interiors as clean as the day they reached the dealership. Restore your interior fabric to its original color, eliminate odor, and remove stubborn stains with ease!
- CAR CLEANING SUPPLIES INTERIOR FABRIC SAFE: All interior car leather cleaner, car seat shampooer, and fabric cleaner. Non-toxic and hypoallergenic with low-moisture for quick and easy, damp-free clean. Breaks down old and new dirt and stains by penetrating deep beneath the surface and gently lifting foreign particles stuck to your carpet.
- CAR BRUSH: Our quality interior detailing brush is the perfect carpet cleaning brush to get your interiors as good as new. Spray cleaner, let sit for a few minutes, agitate, and wipe away debris/odor-causing stains with professional-grade results.
- DYE FREE, PERFUME FREE, NON-FOAMING FORMULA: Our formula contains no synthetic perfumes to ensures the integrity of your fabrics, and give you confidence that any unwanted odors are fully eliminated, not masked by fragrance-heavy temporary solutions.
- 90-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: We take pride in the quality of our car detailing supplies and services. If you experience any issues or you are not satisfied with our products, contact our store and we will be happy to help or provide a full refund for your purchase.
- SIMPLY THE BEST CARPET & UPHOLSTERY CLEANER AVAILABLE! Adam’s Carpet & Upholstery cleaner breaks down dirt and stains at the source! By breaking down stubborn stains and grime, this interior carpet cleaner is the best for your car.
- EASY TO USE AND EFFECTIVE EVEN ON THE WORST STAINS! Simply spray and agitate, then wipe away to remove stains on car seats, headliners, or carpets! No hard scrubbing needed!
- SAFE, NON-TOXIC AND HYPOALLERGENIC! This formulation has been in our arsenal for years, and there’s a reason we haven’t touched it-- It just works! Watch the deep cleaning effects as the safe, hypo-allergenic chemical removes even the toughest stains!
- DYE FREE, PERFUME FREE, NON-FOAMING FORMULA! Like most of our products, we usually include a nice color and a pleasant scent, but on this we left it alone. Why? Because we wanted to reduce the risk of staining your lighter color fabrics and leave your interior clean and fresh smelling!
- 110% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE AND USA MADE! We pride ourselves on customer service and satisfaction and believe that this is THE BEST Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner on the market! If you don’t agree, we’ll do everything we can to make it right. So good ahead, and order your bottle of Adam’s Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner!
- Oscillating heads scrubs 60 times per second, so you don’t have to
- Interchangeable accessory brushes give you the right tool for the job
- Water resistant assembly for durability you expect from Rubbermaid
- Pulse and Continuous scrubbing settings
- Ergonomic grip and rubberized molding for comfortable cleaning
- Tank capacity 37 ounce; Heatwave technology maintains consistent water temperature while cleaning
- 3 inch tough stain tool for cleaning stairs, upholstery and hard to reach places
- Deep reach tool removes embedded dirt and stains from the bottom up; Dirt tank capacity
- Self cleaning tool makes cleaning out the machine a breeze
- Removable water tanks for easy filling and emptying
- REMOVE DIRT, ODORS, & DEEP STAINS - Penetrate deep into fibers with foaming bubbles to dissolve and remove set-in dirt, odors, and stains from automotive carpets, fabrics, and upholstery with Fabric Clean Carpet & Upholstery Shampoo for professional detailing results.
- INTENSE FOAMING CLEANING POWER - Lift and separate dirt particles and stains from deep within fabric in carpets and upholstery for fast and thorough cleaning with the oxygen infused cleaners and foaming action of Fabric Clean. Float particles directly to the surface for easy cleanup with a microfiber towel or hot water extractor.
- HARNESS THE POWER OF YOUR DRILL - The Carpet Brush Drill Attachment works hard so you don’t have to. You already bought a drill, why not put it to work? Instead of spending hours scrubbing back and forth, attach the Spinner to your drill and let it provide deep cleaning results.
- LIFT DEEP-SET STAINS, DIRT & MORE - The Carpet Brush Drill Attachment’s nylon bristles combine with the power of your drill to reach deep into pores and lift stubborn stains and dirt. Save valuable time and money with the easy to use and affordable Spinner Multi-Surface Brush.
- PERFECTLY DILUTE PRODUCT IN CONVENIENT SPRAY BOTTLE - Dilute your concentrated chemicals to create custom solutions for all of your specialized cleaning needs and expertly spray down surfaces with maximum coverage with the Secondary Container Dilution Bottle.
- ADVANCED AIR CLEANING TECHNOLOGY: HEPA-13 and Activated Carbon work together so you can breathe easier
- PURIFIES HOME AIR: Filters up to 1,850 Square Feet Per Hour, or 388 Square Feet 5 Times Per Hour, Based on AHAM verified clean air delivery rate filtering pollen, tobacco, smoke, and dust
- COMPLIES WITH MAX OZONE: Instant air purifiers comply with the maximumm allowable concentration of ozone of 0.005 parts per million by volume (ppmv) in a 24-h period
- 24/7 AIR QUALITY MONITORING: Our intelligent sensor monitors air quality 24/7 and adjusts fan speed in Auto Mode to make the air in your home cleaner
- WHISPER-QUIET NIGHT MODE: Light sensor automatically turns off displays and lowers noise to whisper-quiet levels when it is time for bed
Last update on 2022-07-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.