October 17, 2016 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 16V747000
In the event of a crash where heavy braking is applied, the Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) may activate when the occupant is more forward in the seat, possibly increasing the risk of injury.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 16V747
Manufacturer BMW of North America, LLC
Components SEAT BELTS
Potential Number of Units Affected 15,455
BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2016-2017 X1 sDrive28i, X1 xDrive28i, MINI Hardtop 4 Door Cooper, Mini Hardtop 4 Door Cooper S, MINI Cooper Clubman, and Cooper S Clubman, 2017 Rolls-Royce Ghost, and 2016 528i vehicles. The vehicle-sensitive locking mechanism of the seat belt Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) for the driver’s seat may not lock as designed. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 209, “Seat Belt Assemblies.”
BMW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver’s seat belt assembly, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin July 2, 2019. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Date: May 15, 2019
Bulletin #: A 05 2019 04
Please be reminded that it is a violation of Federal law (The Safety Act) for you to sell, lease or deliver any new motor vehicle covered by this notification until the delivery stop / safety recall repair has been performed. This means that dealers may not legally deliver a new motor vehicle to a consumer until it is fixed or use/sell replacement equipment/parts subject to a delivery stop / safety recall. Note also that substantial civil penalties apply to violations of this law (The Safety Act).
Also, you should not sell, lease or deliver any Provenance (CPO) or used vehicles subject to a delivery stop / safety recall until the repair is completed.
To maintain our high level of quality and customer satisfaction, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars will carry out the following replacement on all affected vehicles.
Dealers should check for vehicles which are subject to this Technical Campaign using ISPA (Integrated Service Processes Application) or S-Gate.
In order to replace the left front seat belt, ISTA repair instructions must be followed to ensure the correct removal and installation of interior trim components. While completing repairs in the vehicle, interior sufficient protection of trim components is required to prevent unnecessary damage.
- 61 20 900 Disconnecting and connecting the vehicle battery.
- 72 11 033 Removing and installing replacing front left or right seat belt (Left seat only in this case)
- 51 43 150 Removing and installing or replacing trim for left or right door pillar (bottom)
- 51 47 … Removing and installing front door sill cover strip
- 51 47 … Removing and installing rear door sill cover strip
- 52 14 001 Removing and installing front seat
- 51 43 148 Removing and installing or replacing trim for left or right door post (top)
- 54 43 201 Removing and installing roof A-pillar trim (front)
- 51 43 259 Removing and installing roof D-pillar trim (rear)
Installation tightening torques must be observed.
3. Parts Information
Parts must be ordered by VIN to ensure the correct part is received. We are expecting parts to be available for order beginning on or about June 10, 2019.
Please order the relevant color seat belt for each affected vehicle.
|Upper seat belt REMA, front left (Slate)||72 11 7 382 689||1|
|Upper seat belt REMA, front left (Sandstone)||72 11 7 382 691||1|
4. Warranty Information
Claims are subject to current warranty terms.
|Defect Code||00 72 74 01 00|
|72 11 033||Removing installing or replacing left front seat belt||20 FRU||Main time|
|72 11 533||Removing installing or replacing left front seat belt||18 FRU||Plus Position|
If you have further questions please contact your Regional Aftersales Manager (RAM).
8 Affected Products
12 Associated Documents
Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 209RCLRPT-16V747-3031
Recall 573 Report – AMENDMENT 2RCLRPT-16V747-9348
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Subject: BMW Recall 16V-747: Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR)RCMN-16V747-8011
Recall 573 Report – Amendment 1
Recall 573 Report – Amendment 1RCLRPT-16V747-6665
NHTSA Originated CorrespondenceRCNOC-16V747-9045
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Subject: MINI Recall 16V-747: Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR)
Remedy Instructions and TSBRCRIT-16V747-8136
Recall 573 Report – AMENDMENT 3RCLRPT-16V747-4681
Latest Recalls Documents
For the Latest and Most Recent Recalls Information Visit the link below…
- All-in-one cleaning solution for that “just detailed” look
- Effective for the whole car: dash, vinyl, fabric, carpet, clear plastic, console and more
- Stubborn stains may require scrubbing. Do not allow to dry on surface. Rinse spills and runoff. For glass, clear plastic or painted surfaces, dilute 1 ounce in one gallon of water. Easily removes tough dirt, dust and grime
- Scientifically engineered for your car’s special needs
- Won't harm automotive surfaces
- [Car Kit]: Armor All Car Wipes Multi-Pack includes a 30-pack canister of Armor All Protectant Wipes, a 30-pack canister of Armor All Glass Wipes and a 30-pack canister of Armor All Cleaning Wipes
- [Detailed Look]: With effective cleaning in convenient, disposable car wipes, this car kit includes wipes that clean your vehicle’s interior surfaces and exterior glass surfaces to provide a “just-detailed” look
- [Car Cleaning Wipes]: Armor All Cleaning Wipes lift away dirt and debris to reveal your car’s rich, natural beauty without harming delicate automotive surfaces
- [Protects Vehicle Surfaces]: Armor All Original Protectant Wipes help preserve your vehicle’s rich look by protecting the interior of your vehicle from harmful elements, including UV rays and oxidation
- [Shiny Glass]: Armor All Glass Wipes remove filmy residue, road grime, bugs and fingerprints to leave a crystal clear, streak-free shine on your car’s glass surfaces
- One canister of Armor All Car Cleaning Wipes, 90 Count
- Interior car cleaner in convenient lint free wipes for easy cleanup as a dust remover and upholstery cleaner wipes
- Car vinyl cleaner removes ground-in dirt from all surfaces, including your dash, upholstery and carpet in convenient disposable wipes
- Car detailing wipes won't dry out, damage or fade your car's interior
- Wipe down all surfaces with the car interior wipes for quick cleaning
- [Car Kit]: Armor All Premium Car Care Kit includes Extreme Tire Shine, Car Interior Protectant, Multi-Purpose Cleaner, Car Wax and Wash Kit, Glass Cleaner, Car Air Freshener, Tire and Wheel Cleaner and Wash Pad
- [Premium Car Shine]: Car kit keeps your vehicle’s interior and exterior surfaces clean with a showroom shine
- [Clean the Interior]: Armor All Multi-Purpose Cleaner and Armor All Original Protectant remove dirt, dust and debris from your vehicle’s interior to give off a “just-detailed” look; follow up with Armor All FreshFX Tranquil Skies to destroy odors
- [Glass Cleaner]: Use the Armor All Glass Cleaner to easily remove filmy residue, road grime, bugs, fingerprints and more from your indoor and outdoor car windows for incredible clarity and shine
- [Clean the Exterior]: Armor All Ultra Shine Wash and Wax gives a radiant car shine while revealing your paint’s deep color while the Armor All Microfiber Wash Pad lifts and attract dirt and bugs on your vehicle’s exterior surfaces
- One 30 count canister of Armor All Original Formula Car Protectant Wipes
- A convenient wipe with the proven protection of Armor All Original Protectant
- Safely cleans automotive interiors, including vinyl, plastic and rubber
- Protects against UV damage to prevent cracking and fading
- Adds shine to restore the rich, deep look of your dashboard, console, door panels and vinyl seats
- One 16 fl oz bottle of Armor All Extreme Shield Protectant Car Cleaning Spray
- UV protectant spray with stain blocker works as an extreme interior car protectant in a convenient spray bottle
- 5-in-1 car interior protectant vinyl cleaning spray prevents dust buildup and enhances color depth
- Apply Armor All protectant car dust spray to microfiber towel or to surfaces
- Leave a light layer of car shine spray on plastic, vinyl and rubber surfaces
- Our HIGHEST SHINE Protectant
- Fortified with even more of Armor All's proprietary gloss enhancers
- Helps prevent cracking, fading, discoloration and premature aging
- Enhances your vehicle’s deep, rich look while adding incredible shine
- Renews & revitalizes vinyl, rubber and plastic
- Sold as 1 Each.
- Protects vinyl, rubber and plastic from fading, cracking and discoloring caused by UV, ozone, oxidation and extreme temperatures. Water-based formula.
- Protects vinyl, rubber and plastic from fading and cracking. Safety Data Sheet.
- 28-oz trigger spray bottle.
- Protects from damaged caused by UV, ozone, oxidation and extreme temperatures.
- Tire Shine Spray: 2 count pack of Armor All Car Tire Shine Spray
- Car Tire Care: Conditions, nourishes and protects your tires to make them look great for longer
- Protects from Cracking and Fading: Car tire cleaner spray protects from harmful elements that can cause cracking and fading
- Intense Shine: This car care product contains extra gloss enhancers to add to the intense, mirror-like shine and rich, black look
- Prevents Overspray: Precision applicator prevents overspray, making it easy to apply the tire shine spray evenly
- Protects against UV damage to help prevent cracking, fading and discoloration of automotive interiors
- Enhances depth of color with a medium shine, leaving a non-greasy finish
- Renews and revitalizes vinyl, rubber and plastic
- Shields against dust, dirt and lint buildup
- Trusted Armor All protection to keep your car looking like new
Last update on 2023-11-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product presentation was made with AAWP plugin.