October 17, 2016 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 16V747000
In the event of a crash where heavy braking is applied, the Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) may activate when the occupant is more forward in the seat, possibly increasing the risk of injury.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 16V747
Manufacturer BMW of North America, LLC
Components SEAT BELTS
Potential Number of Units Affected 15,455
BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2016-2017 X1 sDrive28i, X1 xDrive28i, MINI Hardtop 4 Door Cooper, Mini Hardtop 4 Door Cooper S, MINI Cooper Clubman, and Cooper S Clubman, 2017 Rolls-Royce Ghost, and 2016 528i vehicles. The vehicle-sensitive locking mechanism of the seat belt Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) for the driver’s seat may not lock as designed. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 209, “Seat Belt Assemblies.”
BMW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver’s seat belt assembly, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin July 2, 2019. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Date: May 15, 2019
Bulletin #: A 05 2019 04
Please be reminded that it is a violation of Federal law (The Safety Act) for you to sell, lease or deliver any new motor vehicle covered by this notification until the delivery stop / safety recall repair has been performed. This means that dealers may not legally deliver a new motor vehicle to a consumer until it is fixed or use/sell replacement equipment/parts subject to a delivery stop / safety recall. Note also that substantial civil penalties apply to violations of this law (The Safety Act).
Also, you should not sell, lease or deliver any Provenance (CPO) or used vehicles subject to a delivery stop / safety recall until the repair is completed.
To maintain our high level of quality and customer satisfaction, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars will carry out the following replacement on all affected vehicles.
Dealers should check for vehicles which are subject to this Technical Campaign using ISPA (Integrated Service Processes Application) or S-Gate.
In order to replace the left front seat belt, ISTA repair instructions must be followed to ensure the correct removal and installation of interior trim components. While completing repairs in the vehicle, interior sufficient protection of trim components is required to prevent unnecessary damage.
- 61 20 900 Disconnecting and connecting the vehicle battery.
- 72 11 033 Removing and installing replacing front left or right seat belt (Left seat only in this case)
- 51 43 150 Removing and installing or replacing trim for left or right door pillar (bottom)
- 51 47 … Removing and installing front door sill cover strip
- 51 47 … Removing and installing rear door sill cover strip
- 52 14 001 Removing and installing front seat
- 51 43 148 Removing and installing or replacing trim for left or right door post (top)
- 54 43 201 Removing and installing roof A-pillar trim (front)
- 51 43 259 Removing and installing roof D-pillar trim (rear)
Installation tightening torques must be observed.
3. Parts Information
Parts must be ordered by VIN to ensure the correct part is received. We are expecting parts to be available for order beginning on or about June 10, 2019.
Please order the relevant color seat belt for each affected vehicle.
|Upper seat belt REMA, front left (Slate)||72 11 7 382 689||1|
|Upper seat belt REMA, front left (Sandstone)||72 11 7 382 691||1|
4. Warranty Information
Claims are subject to current warranty terms.
|Defect Code||00 72 74 01 00|
|72 11 033||Removing installing or replacing left front seat belt||20 FRU||Main time|
|72 11 533||Removing installing or replacing left front seat belt||18 FRU||Plus Position|
If you have further questions please contact your Regional Aftersales Manager (RAM).
8 Affected Products
12 Associated Documents
Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 209
Recall 573 Report – AMENDMENT 2
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Subject: BMW Recall 16V-747: Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR)
Recall 573 Report – Amendment 1
Recall 573 Report – Amendment 1
NHTSA Originated Correspondence
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Subject: MINI Recall 16V-747: Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR)
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Recall 573 Report – AMENDMENT 3
Latest Recalls Documents
- Protects and preserves your car's rich look
- Helps prevent cracking fading discoloration and premature aging
- Brings out a beautiful deep shine with a non-greasy finish
- Safely cleans away dirt, dust and debris
- Renews and revitalizes vinyl rubber and plastic
- Multi-surface cleaning and restoration that delivers that “just detailed” look
- Clean and restore with a natural matter finish
- Non-greasy, residue-free formula
- Safe for all vehicle surfaces when used as directed
- Perfect for consoles, steering wheels, fabric, vinyl, dashboards, running boards, display screens and more.
- Protects against UV damage to help prevent cracking, fading and discoloration of automotive interiors
- Enhances depth of color with a medium shine, leaving a non-greasy finish
- Renews and revitalizes vinyl, rubber and plastic
- Shields against dust, dirt and lint buildup
- Trusted Armor All protection to keep your car looking like new
- Convenient, disposable wipes protect your car's rich look
- Original protectant wipes renew and revitalize vinyl, rubber and plastic
- Cleaning wipes easily remove ground-in dirt, dust and grime
- Glass wipes easily removes filmy residue, road grime, bugs, fingerprints and more
- Lint-free-won't leave greasy residue on hands
- 3-in-1 formula cleans and details your entire vehicle from bumper to bumper between washes
- Effectively cleans dust and lint on interior surfaces
- Removes dirt and pollen from exterior paint
- Cleans glass to a streak-free shine
- Great for vinyl, plastic, rubber, leather, glass, tech screens, paint and wheels
- Powerful cleaning for automotive surfaces
- Convenient disposable wipe removes ground-in dirt, dust & grime
- Natural matte finish
- Great for car dash, vinyl, fabric, carpet, consoles, leather & more
- Won’t dry out, damage or fade automotive surfaces
- Tire Shine Spray: 2 count pack of Armor All Car Tire Shine Spray
- Car Tire Care: Conditions, nourishes and protects your tires to make them look great for longer
- Protects from Cracking and Fading: Car tire cleaner spray protects from harmful elements that can cause cracking and fading
- Intense Shine: This car care product contains extra gloss enhancers to add to the intense, mirror-like shine and rich, black look
- Prevents Overspray: Precision applicator prevents overspray, making it easy to apply the tire shine spray evenly
- Leather Care Wipes: 2 count pack of Armor All Ceramic Leather Cleaning Wipes, includes Ceramic Leather and Extreme Protectant Wipes
- Stain Blocker: Stain repelling technology provides long-lasting protection from liquids and stains
- Convenient Clean: Car leather cleaner and conditioner is formulated to make leather easier to clean
- Protect and Maintain: UV blockers in these leather care wipes protect and maintain leather
- Safe for Variety of Leather: Dye-free formula is safe for heated leather car seats, perforated leather surfaces and leather of any color
- Car Cleaning Supplies: One 30 count canister Armor All Glass Wipes and one 30 count canister of Armor All Original Car Protectant Wipes
- Vinyl Protectant: Convenient car wipes in two formulas to safely clean auto glass, vinyl, plastic and rubber
- Interior Care: Armor All Protectant cleans, shines and protects your car interior
- Glass Cleaner: Armor All Glass Wipes remove road grime, filmy residue, fingerprints and bugs
- UV Protection: Interior car cleaner restores luster and fights UV damage
Last update on 2022-07-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.