April 10, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V291000
If the front passenger air bag does not deploy properly in the event of a crash, the occupant has an increased risk of injury.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V291
Manufacturer BMW of North America, LLC
Components ELECTRICAL SYSTEM, AIR BAGS
Potential Number of Units Affected 50
BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2019 X3 sDrive30i, X3 xDrive30i, X3 M40i, and X4 M40i vehicles. The instrument panel assembly may have been improperly manufactured, possibly affecting the deployment of the passenger’s frontal air bag.
BMW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the instrument panel assembly, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin June 3, 2019. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
SIB 51 15 19
DELIVERY STOP & RECALL 19V-XXX: DASHBOARD – PASSENGER AIR BAG
|G01 (X3)||G02 (X4)|
BMW of North America, LLC is conducting a Voluntary Safety Recall (effective April 4, 2019) on certain Model Year 2019 BMW X3 and X4 SAV vehicles that have been produced from March 19-20, 2019. Due to an issue during supplier production of the dashboard, deployment of the front passenger air bag in an accident could be impaired.
Approximately 50 vehicles are affected by this delivery stop/recall.
- VDC: 38
- Dealer Inventory: 9
- Retailed: 3
Affected vehicles show the campaign as “Open” when checked either in Warranty Vehicle Inquiry, AIR or ISPA Next and identified with the description: STOP013869 B511519 Recall: Dashboard – Passenger Air Bag.
All of the other systems including DAR and the RDR system will show the Stop Sale Sign starting tomorrow. Please utilize the Inventory Campaign Details under ROSS which shows all vehicles that have a Stop Sale in your inventory.
The Recall Notice and Q&A have been attached for further information and the bulletin will be updated when more information becomes available.
picture_as_pdf B511519 Recall Notice.pdf
SAFETY RECALL NOTICE
To: All Center Operators, Sales Managers, Service Manager, Parts Manager and Warranty Processor
RE: Recall 19V-XXX: Dashboard – Passenger Air Bag (B51 15 19)
Owners will be notified by First Class mail about the Recall and will be instructed to bring their vehicles in for a free repair when parts are available.
Please be reminded that it is a violation of federal law (The Safety Act) for you to sell, lease or deliver any new motor vehicle covered by this notification until the recall repair has been performed. This means that centers may not legally deliver new motor vehicles to consumers until they are fixed or use/sell replacement equipment/parts subject to this recall. Note also that substantial civil penalties apply to violations of the Safety Act.
Also, you should not sell, lease or deliver any Certified Pre-Owned or used vehicles subject to a safety recall until the repair is completed.
Please follow any special instructions that we provide to you for the return or disposition of recall parts.
We appreciate all your assistance with this Recall.
Q1. Which BMW models in the US are potentially affected by this Safety Recall? Approximately 50 Model Year 2019 BMW X3 SAV and X4 SAC vehicles in the US produced in March 2019 are potentially affected.
Q2. What is the specific issue?
Due to an issue during supplier production of the dashboard, deployment of the front passenger air bag in an accident could be impaired.
Q3. What can happen as a result of this issue?
This could increase the risk of injury to the front passenger.
Q4. Why are other vehicles not included in this Safety Recall?
Other models did not have an issue with supplier production.
Q5. Can I continue to drive my vehicle?
Yes. However, when you receive a letter requesting you to make an appointment to have this Safety Recall performed by an authorized BMW center, please do so as soon as possible. If you are not the only driver of this vehicle, please advise all other drivers of this important information.
Q6. Can I determine if this issue exists in my vehicle?
No. This can only be determined through proper inspection at an authorized BMW center.
Q7. How did BMW become aware of the issue?
BMW became aware of the issue through our quality control procedures.
Q8. How will I be informed of this Safety Recall?
You will receive a letter in late May via First Class mail advising you of this Safety Recall and requesting you to schedule an appointment with an authorized BMW center to have this Safety Recall performed. You can locate your nearest authorized BMW center at www.bmwusa.com/dealer.
To ensure BMW has the most recent contact and vehicle information, owners should register their vehicle at www.bmwusa.com/myBMW. Registration is free, and will give them access to factory initiated campaigns and other information specific to their BMW.
Q9. How will my vehicle be repaired?
The dashboard will be replaced.
Q10. How long will the repair take?
This repair should take approximately several hours; however, additional time may be required depending upon your BMW center’s schedule. The repair will be performed for free by your authorized BMW center.
Q11. Do I have to wait for my letter to have my vehicle serviced?
Yes. We are in the process of implementing this Safety Recall to ensure that the necessary parts, tools, and procedures are available, prior to contacting you to schedule your vehicle to have this Safety Recall performed. For the latest updates to this recall, please visit www.bmwusa.com/recall.
2 Affected Products
3 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 Report
- Weiman Products, LLC
- Health and Beauty
- MADE IN THE USA by a small family business that specializes in the best leather cleaner and conditioner on the market. Millions of happy customers.
- CONCENTRATED FORMULA means great value each four-ounce bottle makes up to 32 ounces of leather cleaner when diluted with water.
- QUICKLY AND GENTLY CLEANS all types of leather and vinyl, removing dirt, oil, tough stains and grime. Non-toxic leather cleaner is perfect for every leather product, including saddles and tack, automotive interiors, furniture, handbags, shoes and jackets. Not for use on suede.
- UNLIMITED 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE. If you're not happy with any of our products, simply return them for a full refund of your purchase price!
- SPECIALLY FORMULATED to work with Leather Honey Leather Conditioner, the #1 best-selling leather care product on Amazon.
- CLEANS, CONDITIONS, NOURISHES - Cleans leather surfaces while applying conditioner and nourishment
- PROTECTS SURFACE - A clear protective coating saves the material from usual wear and tear, as well as harmful UV rays that cause damage to the surface.
- VERSATILE - These household wipes can be used on any leather surface, including: Shoes, furniture, apparel, purses/bags, and car interiors.
- SAFE - This non-toxic, phosphate free formula removes smudges, dirt, and other remaining impurities safely and effectively.
- FRESH SCENT - Leave your surfaces clean and smelling light and fresh.
- Simple & Non Toxic - Condition and protect in one simple step to maintain any finished leather surface
- Use on - Use regularly on accessories such as leather, purses, shoes, boots, briefcases & handbags.
- Protect - UVX - Sunscreen protects all types of leather from sun damage, fading, drying & cracking.
- Restore - Safely removes dirt soil and residue to soften strengthen and moisturize neglected leather
- Recommended - finished leather surfaces including car interior shoes boots briefcases handbags & coats
- Enjoy supple, beautiful leather - restores and protects leather from wear, weather, and sunlight / UV rays
- Gentle, pH-balanced and non-toxic - conditions deeply, leaving only a light shine and natural leather scent with no residues
- Multiple applications - For use on automotive interiors and seats, jackets, boots, handbags, couches, sofas, and more
- Safe and effective - works on treated, untreated, exotic, reptile, and bonded leathers (not made for suede or nubuck)
- Your satisfaction is guaranteed - 90-day no-hassle returns from Leather Rescue in case you change your mind
- Bring Leather Back To Life, Prolongs the Life of Leather. Softens Stiff Leather, Safe to Use on Glove Soft Leather, Furniture, Jackets, Car Seats, Purses, Shoes, Tack, Saddles, Baseball Gloves, Vinyl, Boats, RVs, and More
- Dermatologist Tested- Does Not Irritate Skin. No Harsh Chemicals. Made of 100% Cosmetic Ingredients. No Greasy Residue, Reduces Scuffs and Scratches. Removes Winter Salt-Stains
- Two Products in One Bottle- Saves Time and Money. Safe to use on Exotic Leathers Such as Alligator and Ostrich
Last update on 2019-08-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2019-08-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API