March 24, 2021 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 21V199000
Fuel may leak through the failed weld, increasing the risk of a fire.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 21V199
Manufacturer BMW of North America, LLC
Components FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE
Potential Number of Units Affected 17
BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2021 X3 sDrive30i, X3 xDrive30i, X3 M40i, X3M, and X4, and 2021 X4 xDrive30i vehicles. The inlet check valve weld may fail, allowing the filling pipe to separate from the fuel tank.
BMW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuel tank, free of charge. The recall is scheduled to begin May 17, 2021. Owners were also contacted by telephone. To date, all repairs have been done. No further owner notification letters will be sent. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
SIB 16 01 21
RECALL 21V-199: REPLACE THE FUEL TANK
This Service Information Bulletin (Revision 3) replaces SI B16 01 21 dated March 2021.
What’s New (Specific text highlighted):
- Information on retaining parts for warranty return
Please perform the procedure outlined in this Service Information on all affected vehicles before customer delivery. In the event the customer has already taken delivery of the vehicle, please perform the procedure the next time the vehicle is in the shop.
|E-Series||Model Description||Production Date|
|F97||X3 M Sports Activity Vehicle||March 3, 2021|
|G01||X3 Sports Activity Vehicle||March 3, 2021|
|G02||X4 Sports Activity Coupe||March 3, 2021|
Vehicles which require this Recall Campaign to be completed will show it as “Open” when checked either in AIR, the “Service Menu” of DCSnet (Dealer Communication System), ISPA Next or Warranty Vehicle Inquiry.
The fuel tank may not have been produced to specifications. Over time, and due to factors, such as certain driving conditions and road vibrations, this could lead to a fuel leak. Fuel, in the presence of an ignition source, could lead to a fire.
The Recall Notice and Q&A have been attached for further information.
Replace the fuel tank.
Follow Repair Instruction 16 11 030 Removing and installing fuel tank (draw off without fuel and fill).
Only use and invoice the part numbers below that apply.
Performing a part number look-up in ETK (EPC) by VIN or model in place of using/invoicing the following part numbers may result with the wrong part numbers being invoiced and installed, this could delay the payment of the claim.
|16 11 8481589||Plastic fuel tank (65 liters)||1|
|31 10 6760122||Hexagon bolt (M8X30-10.9-ZNS3)||4|
|07 12 9952119||Hose clamp (L42-48 )||1|
|07 14 7204294||Hexagon nut with washer (M8-8.8-ZNS3)||1|
|07 14 9148299||Oval-head screw (M10X22)||1|
|33 32 6760340||Torx screw with washer (M12x127-10.9)||8|
|16 11 7216523||O-ring||1|
|33 12 7607158||Recessed nut repair kit (M39x1.5×20)||1|
|G01/G02 B46 Small parts of exhaust system|
|18 30 5A09B63||V-clip (D = 80.0 mm), G01 B46||1|
|18 30 7525607||Hexagon nut (M8) G01 B46||1|
|07 11 9906089||Collar nut (M8-8-SC-ZNNIV) G01 B46||3|
|G01/G02 B58 Small parts of exhaust system|
|18 30 8623284||Clamping collar (D=80.0 mm)||1|
|18 30 7525607||Hexagon nut (M8)||1|
|07 11 9906089||Collar nut (M8-8-SC-ZNNIV)||4|
|F97 Small parts of exhaust system|
|18 30 8053348||Seal (D=70 mm)||2|
|18 30 7525607||Hexagon nut (M8)||6|
|07 11 9904024||Hexagon nut (M8-ZNS3)||4|
Additionally, other small parts that are not specified above, such as one-time use screws, nuts and seals, which must be replaced according to the ISTA repair instructions/ETK, must be selected from the Electronic Parts Catalogue according to the respective vehicle type. Invoice these items under the special Defect Code for this repair.
Do Not scrap any fuel tanks that needed to be replaced for this recall. Your center will be contacted with specific instructions/shipping information to return the part for analysis.
The parts replaced to perform and submit for this Recall repair procedure are the property of BMW NA.
Used fuel tanks are classified as dangerous goods (DG) by the Department of Transportation (DOT), used fuel tanks require special preparation, packing and labeling for transport.
Your center is responsible for following all rules and regulations that apply to the proper documentation and shipping of dangerous goods (DG).
Any return requested Recall parts that are not received by the WPRC within 60 days of the claim credit date may be subject to debit.
Attachment to B16 01 21
SAFETY RECALL NOTICE
To: All Center Operators, Sales Managers, Service Manager, Parts Manager and Warranty Processor
RE: Recall 21V-199: Fuel Tank – B16 01 21
BMW AG has issued a Delivery Stop (effective March 12, 2021) on a small number of Model Year 2021 BMW vehicles that were produced on March 3, 2021. As of March 18, 2021, this delivery stop has been upgraded to a safety recall.
Please be reminded that it is a violation of federal law (The Safety Act) for you to sell, lease or deliver any new motor vehicle covered by this notification until the recall repair has been performed. This means that centers may not legally deliver new motor vehicles to consumers until they are fixed or use/sell replacement equipment/parts subject to this recall. Note also that substantial civil penalties apply to violations of the Safety Act.
Also, you should not sell, lease or deliver any Certified Pre-Owned or used vehicles subject to a safety recall until the repair is completed.
Please follow any special instructions that we provide to you for the return or disposition of recall parts.
We appreciate all your assistance with this Recall.
Attachment to B16 01 21
Q1. Which BMW models in the US are potentially affected by this Safety Recall?
Q2. What is the specific issue?
The fuel tank may not have been produced to specifications. Over time, and due to factors such as certain driving conditions and road vibrations, this could lead to a fuel leak. Fuel, in the presence of an ignition source, could lead to a fire.
Q3. Why are other models / vehicles not included in this Safety Recall?
Other models were manufactured with a fuel tank that was produced to specifications.
Q4. Can I continue to drive my vehicle?
Yes. However, when you are contacted by BMW advising you of this recall, you should make an appointment to have this important Safety Recall performed by an authorized BMW center as soon as possible. If you are not the only driver of this vehicle, please advise all other drivers of this important information.
Q5. Can I determine if this issue exists in my vehicle?
If you notice a fuel odor, or see a fuel leak from underneath the vehicle, your vehicle may be experiencing this condition. If this issue occurs, carefully move away from traffic and pull over to a safe location as soon as possible. If it is safe to do so, all occupants should carefully exit the vehicle and move to a safe location away from traffic. Do not continue to drive the vehicle. Contact BMW Roadside Assistance at 1-800-332-4269 immediately to have your vehicle brought to the nearest authorized BMW center.
Q6. How did BMW become aware of the issue?
BMW became aware of the issue through its quality control procedures.
Q7. How will I be informed of this Safety Recall?
Owners of potentially affected vehicles are being contacted by phone and if necessary, letters will be mailed to them, advising them of this Safety Recall and requesting them to schedule an appointment with an authorized BMW center to have the remedy performed. Alternate transportation will be accommodated. Owners can locate their nearest authorized BMW center at www.bmwusa.com/dealer. To ensure BMW has the most recent contact and vehicle information, owners should register their vehicle at www.bmwusa.com/myBMW. Registration is free, and will give them access to factory-initiated campaigns and other information specific to their BMW.
Q8. How will my vehicle be remedied?
The fuel tank will be replaced for free and should take several hours.
Q9. Do I have to wait for my letter to have my vehicle serviced?
Yes. BMW is in the process of ensuring that the necessary tools, parts, and procedures are available prior to contacting you to schedule an appointment with your authorized BMW center to have this important Safety Recall performed. For the latest updates to this Safety Recall, please visit www.bmwusa.com/recall.
2 Affected Products
8 Associated Documents
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Dealer Message re BMW Recall 21V-xxx: Fuel Tank (Delivery Stop 3/12/21)
Recall 573 ReportRCLRPT-21V199-9170
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-21V199-4590
Remedy Instructions and TSBRCRIT-21V199-6300
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Recall 573 Report- Amendment 2RCLRPT-21V199-7787
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2021-2RCLQRT-21V199-2899
Latest Recalls Documents
- Fully Automatic with a Manual Override, Eco-Friendly and Economically Conceived, the Activation 420 is The Next Generation of Herbal/Botanical Decarboxylators. Designed with an 800 Watt Heater and Thermostatically Controlled, the Activation 420 will give you Perfect Results Every Time. You can Decarb up to 2 Ounces of product with either of the Decarb Canisters included and one of them is divided should you wish to Separate and Decarb 2 different strains of product at the same time.
- An LED Digital Control Panel and State-of-the-Art Microprocessor both allow for easy operational precision with each use. Dual Wall and Food Grade 304 Stainless Steel with a Slip Resistant Powder Coated Exterior ensures maximum strength, insulation, and performance. Whether you use the designated predetermined setting or use the DIY settings, usage is a snap.
- The STX International Activation 420 comes with a Main Decarboxylator Power Unit that is Manufactured from BPA Free High Impact Polystyrene and Food Grade Stainless Steel. Also Included is a Lid for Canisters while Decarbing, a Lockable Lid for the Main Power Unit, 2 Aluminum Alloy Decarboxylating Canisters, 2 Silicone Lids so you can use the 2 Canisters for Storage and Fully Illustrated Instructions for Easy Understanding of All Aspects of the Product.
- The STX International Activation 420 is in NO Manner Affiliated with any other Manufacturer's Decarboxylating Machines or their Parent Companies. This Activation 420 Decarboxylator comes with a 30-Day No Hassle Return Option & a 3-Year Warranty with the Cost of Labor/Parts Included for repair service. The 3-year warranty is Only Valid when purchased Directly from Paradigm Alley USA and is included with no additional warranty necessary. Please Scroll Down for More Information on this Product!
- DECARB & INFUSE QUICKLY - Stop burning, over-heating and under-activating your herbs and flowers. Activate 97% of your plant with Ardent mini decarboxylator designed with high-grade material and the latest of kind patented technology. Decarb your herbs, and flowers and infuse with oil, butter, or MCT oil with just one click.
- BAKE PRECISELY- DUAL TEMPERATURE SETTING: Adjust just the right temperature because the Ardent infuser machine gives you two settings A1 and A2 and pre-set timing cycles to produce consistent & premium-grade batches. Heat precisely down to a single degree and max out the terpene content. One infusion button adds further convenience, simplicity, and precision to your tincture or infusion-making process.
- MAKE EDIBLES ON AUTO-PILOT: Put an end to hours taking in decarboxylation and infusion process and juggling with a complex menu of settings and continually watching your product, Ardent gets your job done with one click because mini requires no prep time or additional substances.
- PREMIUM CONSTRUCTION AND ELEGANT DESIGN: If you are looking for an oil infuser for herbs, flowers, and tinctures that stores easily on your counter, functions seamlessly, and looks classy, look no further than the Ardent decarb box because it's a stylish design, simple operation and high-end construction make it highly sought after decarb machine right now.
- ONE-YEAR WARRANTY: We strongly believe that our US-made mini if used with care will remain the best cooking companion in your kitchen. The sturdy design and fine grade material with durable construction make it a built-to-last device. However, one year warranty keeps your investment super-safe.
- Product Type: Cleaning Agent
- Package Dimensions: 5.842 L X 5.842 W X 20.32 H (Cm)
- Country Of Origin: United States
- Package Weight: 0.85 Pounds
- New design with food-grade 304 stainless steel canister and glass Lid will allow users a better, smell proof and clean experience for making herbal edibles oils
- Wide range temperature（130℉-295℉） & time adjustment（20-240 Min). Highlight 5 classic temperatures setting for decarbing herbs, herbal oil, cannabutter and tincture making etc
- Glass lid lets you be able to see the entire process especially for monitoring tincture evaporation
- Premium canister capacity which can hold up to 550ML oil for infusion and 1.5 ounces herbs for decarboxylation
- 2-years warranty , please contact customer service if you need to fulfill any warranty issue or if you need the recipes
- Elegant open decanter carafe allows for your wine to breath thereby unleashing its full potential of aromas and flavors. Can be used for red wines or white wines.
- Classic design decanter with carefully crafted slanted top makes pouring a breeze and avoids unwanted spills and drips.
- Lead Free Crystal. Capacity: 750ml - Holds up to a full bottle of wine.
- Since 1973 Godinger has specialized in handcrafted silver, pewter, crystal, stainless, and alternative metal giftware. From candlesticks, barware, bakeware, tea sets and frames, you are sure to find the perfect item for any special occasion. Godinger products are available at all major retailers across the US and Canada.
- ♨️ Fully Activate – Fully activate up to 2 ounces of herbs with the push of a button. Enjoy a stronger final product by baking at precise temperatures (ovens can vary widely, causing loss of potency). Infusion Buds offers fully customizable temperatures from 160 F up to 250 F
- 👍 ODERLESS - Air-tight, silicon canister lid & locking outer lid designed to keep smells inside.
- ✔️FAST & SIMPLE - Ready to use in as little as 30 minutes with all your favorite recipes: brownies, cookies, smoothies, sauces, gummies, beverages and more!
- 📗 ENDLESS RECIPES W/ EBOOK: Use your perfectly activated herbs with any of your favorite recipes or try some of the dozens of recipes and tips included in your eBook!
- 💯1 YEAR WARRANTY: As an American owned startup, we stand behind our product and include a warranty card with every purchase. Furthermore, we offer a 30-Day Unconditional Money Back Guarantee if it fails to meet your expectations for any reason.
- Premium Fabric: The modest two-piece swimsuit is well made and of high quality with a high-waisted retro design.We recommend that if you like loose, you can choose one size up.
- Design: Two-piece elegant swimsuit with padded padding and fitted shorts. Removable and replaceable pads. Boyshorts with elastic straps make them comfortable to wear and show off your perfect hip and leg line. Full coverage gives you a sense of security.
- Abdominal Control: The vest is long enough to cover your tummy and minimize your waist and hips. Shorts and tank tops with just the right length make you feel more secure when sitting, stooping, or swimming.
- Suitable for wearing scene: This modest vintage swimwear is perfect for surfing, beach, pool, honeymoon, summer vacation, and other water activities. It is also a suitable gift choice for your family, friends, girlfriend, or wife.
- Washing instructions: It is recommended to wash in cold water, with high color fastness, no fading, precision sutures, and no deformation.
- Formulated for Use In All Fuel-Injected Gasoline Engines, Including GDI
- Contains Polyetheramine (“PEA”) to Dissolve Carbon Buildup in Combustion Chambers
- Cleans ALL Types of Intake Valves, Including Those Found in PFI, TBI, and GDI Engines
- Safe On Catalytic Converters and Oxygen Sensors
- Not For Use In Diesel Engines
Last update on 2022-11-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.