September 30, 2020 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 20V598000
Rearview Camera Image Obscured/FMVSS 111
If the driver relies on only the rearview camera image, the reduced rearview image view can increase the risk of a crash or injury.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 20V598
Manufacturer BMW of North America, LLC
Components BACK OVER PREVENTION
Potential Number of Units Affected 312
BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2020-2021 X3 sDrive 30i, X3 xDrive 30i, X3M 40i, X3 xDrive 30e, X4 xDrive 30i, X4M 40i, 530i, 540i, 540i xDrive, M550i xDrive, M5, 550e, 550e xDrive, and 550e iPerformance vehicles. A small portion of the rearview image may be slightly obscured. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 111, “Rear Visibility.”
BMW will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and, if necessary, program the rearview camera with updated software. The recall began November 18, 2020. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Check if your BMW has a Recall
SIB 66 14 20
RECALL 20V-XXX: ENCODE CONTROL UNITS
This Service Information Bulletin (Revision 2) replaces SI B66 14 20 dated September 2020.
What’s New (Specific text highlighted):
Please perform the procedure outlined in this Service Information on all affected vehicles before customer delivery. In the event the customer has already taken delivery of the vehicle, please perform the procedure the next time the vehicle is in the shop.
|E-Series||Model Description||Production Date|
|F90||M5 Sedan||July 3, 2019 to July 8, 2020|
|G01||X3 Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV)||July 21, 2019 to September 9, 2020|
|G02||X4 Sports Activity Coupe (SAC)||August 1, 2019 to September 9, 2020|
|G30||5 Series Sedan||June 28, 2019 to August 24, 2020|
Vehicles which require this Campaign to be completed will show it as “Open” when checked either in AIR, the “Service Menu” of DCSnet (Dealer Communication System), ISPA Next or Warranty Vehicle Inquiry.
BMW AG has issued a Delivery Stop (effective September 16, 2020) on Model Year 2020 – 2021 BMW 5 Series Sedan, X3 SAV and X4 SAC vehicles that were produced between June 28, 2019 and September 9, 2020.
As of September 28, 2020, this Delivery Stop has been upgraded to a Recall.
When shifting into reverse, a small portion of the rearview image may be slightly obscured, and/or the rearview image and the top view image in the CID (Central Information Display) may be swapped. The affected vehicles must be checked and re-coded if needed as outlined in the procedure below.
The Recall Notice and Q&A have been attached for further information.
This picture shows a possible failure in vehicles equipped with option 6U3 (Live Cockpit Pro – incl. Navi).
The top view and rearview images are incorrectly displayed in the wrong position (swapped) on the CID.
Here the images are displayed in the correct image position on the CID for vehicles equipped with option code 6U3 (Live Cockpit Pro – incl. Navi).
This picture shows the correct image position for vehicles without option code 6U3.
Software coding error in the ICAM control unit.
Encode the ICAM control unit with ISTA 4.25.4x (released October 8, 2020) or higher.
Target I-level: S15A-20-07-560 or higher.
Vehicle(s) equipped with SA 6U3 (Live Cockpit Pro – incl. Navi):
1. Visually check and compare the camera image in the display to pictures 1 and 2 above in the situation.
2. If the camera image displayed in the CID matches picture 1, then skip step 3 and proceed from step 4.
3. If the camera image displayed in the CID matches picture 2, then no further action is required.
4. Connect the vehicle to ISTA.
5. Start a new programming session, go to Advanced Tab.
6. Select all control units for encoding.
7. Calculate and accept measures plan.
8. Once the encoding/programming is completed, allow the vehicle to sleep for 5 minutes.
9. Reassess the vehicle.
Note: Camera image in the CID must match the 2nd picture seen in the situation above.
10. If the image does not match picture 2, then recode the ICAM by repeating steps 5 – 9 above.
Note: Maximum ICAM coding attempts should not exceed 3. Submit a TSARA case if the image is not corrected after the 3rd coding attempt.
Vehicle(s) equipped without SA 6U3:
1. No visual inspection required; however, the ICAM control unit in these vehicles must be encoded.
2. Connect the vehicle to ISTA and start a new programming session.
3. Then go to “Advanced Tab”.
4. Select all control units for encoding.
5. Calculate and accept measures plan.
6. ISTA will prompt to encode the ICAM control unit at least 2 more times.
Note: It is extremely important that the additional coding of the ICAM control unit is performed. This ensures that the coding files are downloaded correctly.
7. Complete all concluding work recommended by ISTA.
8. Once the encoding/programming is completed, allow the vehicle to sleep for 5 minutes.
Note: With the release of ISTA 4.27.1x (expected early December 2020, pending verification) the ICAM control unit will automatically be coded multiple times.
Always connect a BMW-approved battery charger/power supply (SI B04 23 10) when performing programming.
For information on programming and coding with ISTA, refer to CenterNet / TIS / Technical Documentation / Programming and Diagnostics / Programming Documentation.
Reimbursement for this Recall will be via normal claim entry utilizing the applicable work package information below that applies:
|Defect Code:||0061630500||F90, G0x Encode control units (ICAM)|
Completion before the first vehicle delivery to a customer or the vehicle is already in the workshop
|Work Pkg||Labor Operation||Description (Plus work)||Labor Allowance|
|# 1||00 69 917||Encoding the ICAM and other vehicle control units (includes connecting an approved battery charger/power supply and performing a vehicle test) (Camera image displayed in the CID matches picture 1)||8 FRU|
|# 2||00 69 918||Programming and encoding the vehicle control units was performed in conjunction with another campaign/repair, either prior to or during this workshop visit (vehicle is already at the specified “Target” integration level or higher, no repair is necessary)||1 FRU|
|Or, if applicable:|
|# 5 (New)||
00 70 513
|Vehicles equipped with SA 6U3: Visual inspection for correct image layout in CID (Camera image displayed in the CID matches picture 2, no repair is necessary)||3 FRU|
The vehicle arrives at your center and this Recall shows open (No other main work will be performed or claimed during this workshop visit)
|Work Pkg||Labor Operation||Description (Main work)||Labor Allowance|
|# 3||00 69 361||Encoding the ICAM and other vehicle control units (includes connecting an approved battery charger/power supply and performing a vehicle test) (Camera image displayed in the CID matches picture 1)||10 FRU|
|# 4||00 69 362||Programming and encoding the vehicle control units was performed in conjunction with another campaign/repair prior to this workshop visit (vehicle is already at the specified Target integration level or higher, no repair is necessary)||1 FRU|
|Or, if applicable:|
|# 6 (New)||00 70 011||Vehicles equipped with SA 6U3: Visual inspection for correct image layout in CID (Camera image displayed in the CID matches picture 2, no repair is necessary)||5 FRU|
Only one of the flat rate labor operation codes listed above can be used for claim submission and reimbursement. Also, only one Main work flat rate labor operation code can be claimed per workshop visit.
Claim Repair Comments
Only reference the SIB number and the work package (Pkg) number performed in the RO technician notes and the claim comments (For example: B66 14 20 WP 1), unless otherwise required by State law.
Programming and Encoding – Vehicle Control Units (RO and Claim Comments Required)
The programming procedure automatically reprograms and encodes all vehicle control modules which do not have the latest software I-level. If one or more control module failures occur during this programming procedure:
Please claim this consequential control module related IRAP recovery procedure (when applicable as required)/repair work under the defect code listed in this bulletin with the applicable AIR labor operations.
Please explain this additional work (The why and what) on the repair order and in the claim comments section
For control module failures that occurred prior to performing this programming procedure:
When covered under an applicable limited warranty, claim the applicable test plan and the corresponding control module-related repair work using the applicable defect code and labor operations in AIR (including diagnosis).
As applicable to your center, please refer to SI B01 01 20 or B01 07 20 for claiming your diagnosis work time (WT), WT and repair explanation procedures.
QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS BULLETIN
|Technical inquiries||Submit feedback at the top of this bulletin|
|Warranty inquiries||Submit an IDS ticket to the Warranty Department|
|Parts inquiries||Submit an IDS ticket to the Parts Department|
picture_as_pdf B661420_20V-598-Rearview Camera-FAQ-(27Oct2020).pdf
picture_as_pdf B661420 Recall Notice.pdf
Attachment to B66 14 20
NON-COMPLIANCE RECALL NOTICE
To: All Center Operators, Sales Managers, Service Manager, Parts Manager and Warranty Processor
RE: Recall 20V-xxx: Rearview Camera – B66 14 20
BMW AG is conducting a Voluntary Non-Compliance Recall (effective September 28, 2020) on Model Year 2020 – 2021 BMW 5 Series Sedan, X3 SAV and X4 SAC vehicles that were produced between June 28, 2019 and September 9, 2020.
Please be reminded that it is a violation of federal law (The Safety Act) for you to sell, lease or deliver any new motor vehicle covered by this notification until the recall repair has been performed. This means that centers may not legally deliver new motor vehicles to consumers until they are fixed or use/sell replacement equipment/parts subject to this recall. Note also that substantial civil penalties apply to violations of the Safety Act.
Also, you should not sell, lease or deliver any Certified Pre-Owned or used vehicles subject to a safety recall until the repair is completed.
Please follow any special instructions that we provide to you for the return or disposition of recall parts.
We appreciate all your assistance with this Recall.
Attachment to B66 14 20
Model Year 2021
BMW X3 SAV, X4 SAC
Issue Date: 09/28/2020
Last Update: 10/27/2020
Q1. Which BMW models in the US are potentially affected by this Non-Compliance Recall?
A small number of Model Year 2020-2021 BMW 5 Series, X3 SAV and X4 SAC models in the US
are potentially affected.
Q2. What is the specific issue?
When shifting into Reverse, a small portion of the rearview image may be slightly obscured.
Q3. Why are other models / vehicles not included in this Non-Compliance Recall?
Other models have appropriate software programming for the rearview camera.
Q4. Can I continue to drive my vehicle?
Yes. However, when you receive a letter from BMW advising you of this recall, you should make an appointment to have this important Non-Compliance Recall performed by an authorized BMW center as soon as possible. If you are not the only driver of this vehicle, please advise all other drivers of this important information.
Q5. Can I determine if this issue exists in my vehicle?
Q6. How did BMW become aware of the issue?
BMW became aware of the issue through our quality control procedures.
Q7. How will I be informed of this Non-Compliance Recall?
Letters will be mailed to owners in November via First Class mail advising them of this Non-Compliance Recall and requesting them to schedule an appointment with an authorized BMW center to have the remedy performed. Owners can locate their nearest authorized BMW center at www.bmwusa.com/dealer. To ensure BMW has the most recent contact and vehicle information, owners should register their vehicle at www.bmwusa.com/myBMW. Registration is free, and will give them access to factory-initiated campaigns and other information specific to their BMW.
Q8. How will my vehicle be remedied?
Vehicles will be inspected and, if necessary, the rearview camera software will be updated for free and will take about one hour.
Q9. Do I have to wait for my letter to have my vehicle serviced?
No. Please contact an authorized BMW center immediately to schedule an appointment to have this NonCompliance Recall performed for free as soon as possible. For the latest updates to this Non-Compliance Recall, please visit www.bmwusa.com/recall.
of North America, LLC
BMW Group Company
PO Box 1227
Westwood NJ 07675-1227
Dear BMW Owner / Lessee:
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. BMW AG has
decided that certain Model Year 2020-2021 BMW 5 Series, M5, X3 SAV and X4 SAC models fail to conform to
Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) Number 111 (Rear visibility). Our records indicate that you are
the owner of a potentially affected vehicle.
Why are we contacting you?
We are pleased to inform you that we are ready to perform this recall. Please contact your authorized BMW
Center immediately to have this important free repair performed as soon as possible. To locate your
nearest BMW center, visit www.bmwusa.com/dealer. If you are not the only driver of this vehicle, please advise
all other drivers and passengers of this important information.
What could happen?
When shifting the transmission into Reverse, a small portion of the rearview image may be slightly obscured. If
you attempted to rely solely on the camera image, e.g., instead of using the vehicle mirrors and the rear Park
Distance Control (PDC) sensors (if equipped), this could increase the risk of a crash or injury to persons who may
be behind the vehicle.
What will BMW do?
Your vehicle will be inspected and, if necessary, the rearview camera software will be updated for free and should
take about one hour. There may be some options to help overcome the inconvenience of bringing your vehicle
in for service, if needed. Contact your local BMW center to check what may be available.
What if I am not the current owner of this vehicle?
If you changed your address or sold the vehicle, please let us know by visiting www.bmwusa.com/mybmw or by
contacting BMW Customer Relations (see left side of page for contact info). If you are a vehicle lessor, Federal
Regulations require you to forward this notice to your lessee within ten days.
What if I have additional questions?
For the latest updates to this recall, please visit www.bmwusa.com/recall. Should you have any questions about
this recall, please contact your authorized BMW center. If you need additional assistance, please contact BMW
If your BMW center is unable to remedy the defect without charge or within a reasonable period of time, you may
notify the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E.,
Washington, DC 20590, call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153), or
go to https://www.safercar.gov.
Please be assured that your safety is important to us, and we sincerely apologize if this recall causes any
inconvenience. We recommend that you and your passengers wear your safety belt at all times.
BMW of North America, LLC
Spanish translation on back side
Traducción en español en el lado inverso
IMPORTANT NON-COMPLIANCE RECALL
This notice applies to your vehicle,
Recall Campaign No. 20V-598: Rearview Camera
of North America, LLC
Compañía de BMW Group
PO Box 1227
Westwood, NJ 07675-1227
Noviembre de 2020
Estimado propietario o arrendatario de un vehículo BMW:
Le enviamos este aviso en virtud de la Ley Nacional de Seguridad de Tránsito y Vehículos (National Traffic and
Motor Vehicle Safety Act). BMW AG ha determinado que algunos vehículos BMW de los modelos M5, X3 SAV y
X4 SAC, Serie 5, de los años 2020-2021, no cumplen con el Estándar Federal de Seguridad de Vehículos (Federal
Motor Vehicle Safety Standard) n.º 111 (Visibilidad trasera). Según nuestros registros, usted es propietario de un
vehículo que podría estar afectado.
¿Por qué nos ponemos en contacto con usted?
Nos complace informarle que estamos listos para realizar esta retirada. Comuníquese de inmediato con el
centro autorizado de BMW para que le hagan esta importante reparación gratis lo antes posible. Para
buscar el centro de BMW más cercano, visite www.bmwusa.com/dealer. Si usted no es la única persona que
conduce este vehículo, comparta esta información importante con todos los demás conductores y pasajeros.
¿Qué podría suceder?
Al poner la marcha atrás, es posible que se vea algo oscura una pequeña parte de la imagen del retrovisor. Si solo
usa la imagen de la cámara, por ejemplo, en vez de usar los espejos del vehículo y los sensores traseros del
control de distancia de estacionamiento (PDC) (si el vehículo los tiene), esto podría aumentar el riesgo de
accidentes o lesiones a personas que estén detrás del vehículo.
¿Qué hará BMW?
Se inspeccionará su vehículo y, si es necesario, se actualizará el software de la cámara retrovisora gratis, lo que
podría tomar aproximadamente una hora. Podría haber algunas opciones en caso de que sea un inconveniente
traer el vehículo para repararlo, si fuera necesario. Comuníquese con su centro local de BMW para ver cuáles son
las opciones disponibles.
¿Qué ocurre si no soy el propietario actual de este vehículo?
Si cambió su dirección o vendió el vehículo, avísenos en www.bmwusa.com/mybmw o comunicándose con el
Servicio de Atención al Cliente de BMW (BMW Customer Relations) (lea la información de contacto en el lado
izquierdo de la página). Si usted es arrendador del vehículo, las reglamentaciones federales exigen que
reenvíe este aviso a su arrendatario en un plazo de diez días.
¿Qué debo hacer si tengo más preguntas?
Para ver las últimas actualizaciones sobre esta retirada, visite el sitio web www.bmwusa.com/recall. Si tiene
alguna pregunta sobre esta retirada, comuníquese con el centro autorizado de BMW. Si necesita asistencia
adicional, comuníquese con el Servicio de Atención al Cliente de BMW.
Si el centro de BMW no puede resolver el defecto sin cargo o en un plazo razonable, usted puede notificar al
administrador de la Administración Nacional de Seguridad de Tránsito en Carreteras (National Highway Traffic
Safety Administration), 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, DC 20590; llamar a la Línea gratuita directa de
seguridad vehicular (Vehicle Safety Hotline) al 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153); o visitar
Le aseguramos que nos importa su seguridad y le pedimos sinceras disculpas si esta retirada le causa algún
inconveniente. Recomendamos que usted y sus pasajeros usen el cinturón de seguridad en todo momento.
BMW of North America, LLC English version on front side
Versión en inglés en el frente
El repuesto está
IMPORTANTE RETIRADA POR MOTIVOS DE INCUMPLIMIENTO
Este aviso se aplica a su vehículo,
Campaña de retirada n.º 20V-598: Cámara retrovisora
14 Affected Products
8 Associated Documents
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2020-4
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Recall 573 Report – Amendment 1
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Broadcast Message re BMW 20V-xxx: Encode Control Units (Rearview Camera)
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Noncompliance Notice 573 Report
Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Latest Recalls Documents
The Online Service System (OSS) has been developed specifically for independent automotive workshops to provide an extensive range of resources. The following applications are available in the OSS:
ISTA Diagnosis Application
Vehicle diagnostics from the Z3/E36, with the BMW ICOM, or with a J2534 pass-thru tool (from model year 1996).
- Fault Code Diagnosis
- Test Plans
- Repair Instructions (E30 or higher)
- Technical Data
- Wiring diagrams
Web ISTA Information Application
WebISTA has been developed to provide an information only application for users that do not require all of the services included in the ISTA diagnostics application.
- Repair Instructions (E30 or higher)
- Technical Data
- Tightening torques
- Wiring diagrams
You can search using document title, document number and subject areas as the search criteria. The desired information is displayed by means of graphics and explanatory text.
ISTA/P Online – Control Module Reprogramming
With ISTA/P you can reprogram the onboard control modules that are capable of software reprogramming. For ISTA/P, a data interface, a power supply and an Internet connection are required. The data interface can be a BMW Group ICOM interface or a “Pass-Thru Tool (PTT)” that fulfills the requirements of the SAE J2534 standard.
What is needed to diagnose and program with the BMW OSS?
The OSS consists of a desktop or laptop PC connected to BMW over the Internet. To connect to the vehicle you can use the BMW authorized diagnostic interface “integrated communication optical module (ICOM)” or use a J2534 “Pass Thru Tool (PTT)”.
Connection to OSS works only on PCs where no proxy connections are used.
For information about vehicle reprogramming and diagnostics using J2534 click here.
- 🆚LAUNCH X431 PRO5 scan tool Upgrade all functions of X431 PRO3/X-431 Throttle III/X431-TorqueIII/X431 V+, PROS V+, PAD3. ⓵ J2534 ECU Programming &Online functions directly connect to OEM server, 50+ reset same as X-431 Throttle;⓶Bi-directional control and All system diagnostics as Snap-on scanner; ⓷ Support 150+ brands Vehicles (include CAN/CAFD/DoIP/HD protocols and AutoAuth for FCA SGW) ⓸Powered by 8-core processor(1.8GHz), Android9.0 OS, 2.4 & 5GHz WiFi connection.
- 🚜[J2534 Reprogramming With FREE SMARTBOX 3.0】Save more than $2000, LAUNCH X431 PRO5 support J2534/DOIP/CANFD/HD protocols (Needn’t buy HDIII Module,Manufacture software and non-16pin adaptors need to be purchased separately.) Download OEM software from the manufacturer’s server to 1) program data to blank/used ECUs; 2) Reflash ECUs with data loss; 3)Upgrade ECU software version. As a wireless VCI allowing the vehicle to transmit data to the diagnostic tablet without a physical connection.
- 👏[50+ Reset, Continuously Updated Reset Functions]: With the LAUNCH diagnostic tool, You will never be bothered by tricky vehicle issues and keep pace with newer technology. 50 commonly reset functions ( in the quick page ) reaching into the smallest parts to root out the problems. Extra 300+ repair functions ( in-vehicle catalog) for specific models extend the capability to reset, regeneration, initiation, matching, etc. (Functions vary by models, configurations, and systems.)
- 🌐[One stop Intelligent Diagnostic Tool]: LAUNCH X431 PRO5 obd2 scanner Bluetooth provides Repair Tips, Repair Assist, Component Measurement, TSB, Relevant Cases DTC Analysis to simplify complex diagnostic and achieve the trouble-free repair. 🤩[One Scanner For Multiple Uses]: LAUNCH diagnostic tool PRO5 collaborates with add-on modules (ADAS, Videoscope, TSGUN, X-ProG3, WiFi Pinter, Battery Tester) to expand business applications and improve diagnostic accuracy.
- 👍【2023 New OE Level Online Functions 】Bidirectional Scan Tool offers you various high-end online functions, which enable you to access the online data to do fast & complicated vehicle repairs, e.g. 1) ECU Coding for replacing, match, relearn, recode new ECU modules; 2) Online Coding for BMW, Audi, VW, Porsche, Benz to surf OEM data; 3) VAG Guided functions ease complex issues; 4) Personalization & ADAS improving car performance and driving safety.
- As a multi-protocol Pass-Thru vehicle interface, MaxiFlash Elite is a fully compliant SAE J2534-1 & SAE J2534-2 (March 2006) device. Specially designed to provide users with convenient PC communication and ECU reprogramming capabilities on any modern vehicle diagnostic bus, MaxiFlash Elite offers the most significant features desired by OEM customers: reliability, fast performance and flexibility.
- MaxiFlash Elite is an accessory tool for MK908P, MS908S Pro, MaxiSys Elite to program ECUs on specific for BMW and for Benz vehicles, in case you lost the J-2534 programmer.★★NOTE: J2534 CANNOT directly work with these single devices. After you received the J2534, you HAVE TO send us both the S/N(12 digits) of your tablet MS908S(etc.) and J2534. So, technically, Autel engineers can help you bind J2534 with your devices. If need any supports, Please contact us.
- Wireless with advanced networking functions:Built-In Wireless with advanced networking functions and data storage. Fast performance ensures reprogramming even the newest controllers & Internet upgradable and updatable.Rugged design capable of withstanding harsh environments *Internet updateable.
- Fully compatible with both SAE J2534-1 and J2534-2 gram standards *Performs the standard PassThru J2534 functionality *Compatible with for Toyota Techstream, for Volvo VIDA, for Honda HDS, for Jaguar-Land Rover IDS and for BMW 3G for OEM diagnostics,Fast performance ensures quickly gram even the newest controllers.
- 🌐【Works with Autel MK908, MS908(S/Pro), MK908P, MaxiSys Elite】Autel J2534 work with these tools to program ECUs on specific BMW/ BENZ for specific functions. ★★NOTE: J2534 CANNOT directly work with these single devices. After you received the J2534, you HAVE TO send us both the S/N(12 digits) of your scanner MS908S(etc.) and J2534. So, technically, Autel engineers can help you bind J2534 with your devices. If need any supports, contact us via: 🚘auteldirect @ outlook. com🚘.
- 🌐【SAE J2534-1 & J2534-2 Standards】Autel MaxiFlash Elite J2534 is a fully compliant SAE J2534-1 & SAE J2534-2 (March 2006) device, which performs standard PassThru J2534 functionality: Compatible with for Toyota Techstream, Volvo VIDA, Honda HDS, Jaguar-Land Rover IDS and BMW 3G for OEM diagnostics. Autel MaxiFlash J2534 is also specially designed to provide users with P-C communication and ECU reprogramming capabilities on any modern vehicle diagnostic bus, reliability and flexibility.
- 🌐【High-speed Transmission Speed】Autel MaxiFlash Elite Reprogramming Device J2534 supports simultaneous communication definition in J2534-1, running 3 protocols at the same time, which greatly improves reprogramming and diagnostic speed. Embedded with the ARM9 Dual-core processor (clocked up to 500MHz), which further boosts the communicating speed to save more times and win more business.
- 🌐【Multiple Devices Connected with PC】Autel MaxiFlash Elite J2534 also supports multiple device connections to the PC, which can operate diagnostic and reprogramming functions on more than one vehicle at the same time. Autel MaxiFlash Elite J2534 built-in wireless and data storage, which can update via Internet. It also ensures quickly reprogramming even the newest controllers.
- 🌐【Extensive Compatibility】Autel MaxiFlash J2534 is compatible with Toyota Techstream, Volvo VIDA, Honda HDS, Jaguar-Land Rover IDS and BMW 3G for OEM diagnostics. To check compatibility, please contact 🚘auteldirect @ outlook . com🚘 directly for satisfaction-guaranteed support!
- 🚀🚀【2023 ULTRA-FAST AUTOSCAN 2.0 & 10+ HIGH-END FUNCTIONS】Autel added newest technology 🚀AutoScan 2.0🚀 to MS908S PRO II, which is scanning 3X faster than other competitors. Added advanced functions, like: ✅Most Frequent Updates ✅ Pre & Post-Scan ✅Pro Battery Test (BT506 Required) ✅Guided Functions ✅Power Balance ✅Component Matching ✅Online Account ✅Autel Cloud Report ✅WIFI Printing, etc. Autel MS908S PRO II suits for 99% of vehicles, incl. Top-end cars McLaren, Tesla, Ferrari, Lamborghini,etc.
- 🔥🔥🔥【2023 TOP-ENHANCED HARDWARES MAKING MS908S PRO II THE CHAMPION】Autel has upgraded the MS908S Pro to MS908S PRO II with 2023 Enhanced Hardwares & Newest Functions, making it FASTER and SMARTER! Upgraded of Autel MS908S Pro/ MaxiCOM MK908P/ Elite, MS908S PRO II is most wanted with level-up performance: 🏆User-friendly Android 10 🏆5X faster Octa-core processor 🏆16M Camera 🏆Enhanced 2048*1536 display 🏆4G+128GB for fast running & data storage 🏆5G&2.4 GHz Dual WiFi for efficient updatings.
- 👍【AMAZING! 2023 NEWLY ADDED FUNCTIONS】Autel armed $300+ valued new functions to 2023 MaxiSYS MS908S PRO II with the same cost as before! Including: ✅Enhanced ECU Programming for BENZ & BMW. ✅10+ High-end Functions ✅Advanced ECU Codings ✅36+ Hot Services ✅Full Bidirectional ✅👉🏆Diagnostics for Tesla & McLaren cars 👉🏆VIN/ License SCAN 👉🏆WIFI Print 👉🏆D-PDU/RP1210 ✅ BT506/ MP408/ MV108 supports ✅FCA & RENAULT SGW. ✅NO IP-Restriction 😎👊Autel always pursues HIGH PRODUCTS for you!
- 👍【ONE-STOP ECU PROGRAMMING FOR BENZ/ BMW & J2534 DEVICE EXTENDED PROGRAMMING ABILITY FOR MULTI-CARS】Coming with J2534 device, Autel MS908S Pro II is competent for ECU programming/ ECU Online coding/ adaption for BENZ/ BMW cars. It can program blank ECU, adapt existed ECU, match components, reflash second-hand ECU, unlock hidden functions, etc.👍👉J2534 device ALONE can also work with P-C OE-softwares to program other cars, like Ford, GM, Honda, etc. 🚦📢👉OE-softwares need to BUY from car webs.
- 👍【ADVANCED ECU CODING, CUSTOMIZE YOUR CARS】Automotive diagnostic scan tool MS908S Pro II features Advanced ECU Coding, so you can use it to customize your cars as needed by disabling some unneeded OEM settings (like auto start-stop, chimes, etc), or activating the hidden features pre-programmed to car computer to get high-end functions (like US-style daytime light, auto door look at a particular speed, etc).👉Compatible with BENZ, BWM, VW, Audi, Skoda, etc.
- All in one kit. Everything you need to reprogram vehicles in your shop. Includes OEM software and we do the programming for you.
- Stop sending vehicles to the dealer or calling a mobile technician. We do the programming for you.
- Includes hardware, OEM software, voltage maintainer and access to our team of remote experts so vehicles can be reprogrammed in your shop hassle‑free.
- Call to schedule your programming session, plug it in, and we do the rest!
- Currently covers BMW, Chrysler, Ford, GM, Toyota, Honda, Hyundai / Kia, Mercedes and Nissan.
- ALL OF THE J2534 PROTOCOLS - This single unit has all of the protocols you need for your OEM J2534 reprogramming and diagnostics including the latest in DoIP and CanFD
- J2534 TECHNICAL SUPPORT - FREE for the life of the tool. Staffed by technicians who understand vehicle repair and J2534 Pass‑thru
- TOOLBOX WITH OEM APPLICATION DESCRIPTIONS - educational video tutorials and real-time news – Giving you the confidence and up-to-date knowledge to get the job done
- J2534 v05.00 API - The newest version of J2534 to give you the latest in pass-thru technology
- FUTURE PROOF WITH 4 CAN CHANNELS - Going beyond the 3 required by select Chrysler/FCA models, CarDAQ-Plus 3 also provides a 4th to meet the needs of future OEM applications
- [J2534 COMPLIANT] - The Mastertech II is a J2534-1 and J2534-2 compliant VCI for OEM reprogramming and diagnostic applications
- [FULLY VALIDATED BY TOP 6 OEMS] - Mastertech II has been fully validated to operate with the top 6 OEM reprogramming applications: GM, Ford, FCA, Nissan/Infinity, Honda/Acura, and Toyota/Lexus
- [PRE-CONFIGURED] - The pre-configured wireless and wired connections make it quick and easy to connect to a vehicle from your PC (requires PC compliant with OE specifications and software)
- [RIGHT TO REPAIR] - Supports 'Right to Repair' (R2R) initiatives
- [COMPREHENSIVE KIT] - Kit includes: VCI, WiFi adapters (wireless PC to VCI), J1962 Cable (connect to vehicle), USB cable (connect to PC for firmware updates and setup), and Quick Start Guide
- Industry-leading bmw.oemdtc.com/product/k-B09SP8F2X6/US/bmwoemdtc-20">J2534 Pass-Thru Technology: Enabling diagnostics, reprogramming and security functions for dealerships and the independent repair facility. Economical and compact pass-thru devices provides an easy-to-use interface that allows you to repair complex vehicles with OE applications in your shop. Each type (see single branded types above) Mongoose-Plus is engineered to work with one of the following OEM's J2534 applications for Chrysler, Ford, GM, Nissan, Toyota, & VW/Audi.
- Supports Current GM Vehicles: Now includes CAN-FD, DoIP (Diagnostics over Internet Protocol - as defined in J2534-2) and support for J2534 version 5.0. This is the tool that GM dealerships use for diagnostics and reprogramming.
- NEW Bluetooth Wireless Options Available: Providing wireless connectivity between your laptop and the Mongoose-Plus
- Expert Product Support: Staffed by technicians who understand vehicle repair and J2534 Pass‑Thru applications to help you with any technical setup questions
- Key Registration and Immobilizer Support: Using NASTF Vehicle Security Professional credentials
- 👍【Why Choose LAUNCH scanner X431 PRO5】It is the original LAUNCH X431 scan tool, the 2023 upgraded version of PROS V+, X431 PRO3 and V+ 4.0, which is a worthwhile investment for repair shops and mechanics. LAUNCH X431 PRO 5, all is set to OE-level standards with 1) J2534 ECU Programming & 50+ service same as PAD Series; 2) Bi-directional control + All system diagnostics as Snap-on scanner; 3) Online Coding functions directly connect to OEM server; 4) Top-notch Topology Mapping function
- 👍【J2534 Programming with Smart Box 3.0】 What is super SmartBox 3.0 VCI? Worth 1000$, Smart Box 3.0 is backed on new ISO9141/J1850/SAE J2610/CANFD/DOIP, which enables you to run 14x quicker data trans and advanced OEM J2534 reprogramming for B-MW, Ben-z, F-ord, Jaguar, Land Rover, GW, Volvo, etc. (please reach to us for more details). It also serves as a wireless VCI allowing the vehicle to transmit data to the diagnostic tablet without a physical connection.
- 👍【New Released Topology Mapping】Update your X431 PRO 5 to V 7.03.014 to gain Topology Mapping function. This advanced feature, typically found only on tools costing over $3000, provides a comprehensive view of a vehicle's data bus configurations, improving repair efficiency by up to 90%. With just one click, you can gain insights into the layout of a vehicle's system and clear any troubles. Note that Topology is not a universal function and compatibility with your vehicle's brand should be verified by checking the VIN before purchasing.
- 👍【LAUNCH X431 PRO 5 with Powerful 50+ Services】Especially designed for pro mechanics and big repair shops, Launch X431 scanner PRO5 is equipped with 50+ hot reset functions for 150 car makes which same as X431 PAD serious. Easy to navigate and help you do ABS Bleeding, TPMS Reset, Oil Reset, EPB Reset, Suspension, BMS, Injector Coding, IMMO, Power balance, Throttle Matching and more. 🚩Notice: we offer 2-year f ree update while other brands generally 1 year.
- 👍【A-ctive Test + Local-smith Level ECU Coding】Come with appealing bi-directional control to troubleshoot all possible problems for full systems within 5 minutes. This LAUNCH X431 PRO scanner even develops all practical functions needed by all technicians: 1) ECU Coding for replacing, match, relearn, recode new ECU modules; 2) Online Coding for B-MW, VW, Porsche, Ben-z to surf OEM data; 3) VAG Guided functions ease complex issues; 4) Personalization & ADAS improving car performance and driving safety.
- Featured with a brand-new upgrade system, X-431 PRO5 is newly designed for All Makes, All Models, and Full system diagnosis and assists the technician to make the vehicle diagnosis and repair easier at all skill levels.
- [J2534 ECU Reprogramming Tool, No IP Limitation]: LAUNCH X431 PRO5 scan tool Upgrade all functions of X431 V+, PROS V1.0, PAD3. With the SmartBox3.0 can download the OEM software from the manufacturer’s server for free.
- [3 IN-1 FREE J2534 ECU Programming Device: LAUNCH X431 PRO5 support all new J2534/DOIP/CANFD protocols to access data and OE programming downloads for most Car; Support DC9-36V for HD Vehicle ( No NEED buy HD Module, SAVING $900+.)
- [ One-stop Intelligent Tools]: Workshop level scan tool X431 PRO5 with the repair fix solutions database, Code Assist, Repair Tips,Component Measurement, TSB, Relevant Cases,DTC Analysis to simplify complex diagnostic and achieve the trouble-free repair.
- [50+ Reset, Continuously Updated Reset Functions]: 50 resets reaching into the smallest parts to root out the problems. Extra 300+ repair functions ( in-vehicle catalog) for specific models extend the capability to regeneration, initiation, matching, etc.
Last update on 2023-05-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.