BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling one 2019 F850GS motorcycle. The engine connecting rods may not have been installed properly, possibly causing them to become loose and disconnect over time.
The motorcycle has not yet been sold, and the dealer will replace the engine, free of charge, prior to sale. The recall is expected begin in December 2018. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Service Information No. 0000112500
December 3, 2018
Latest Recalls Documents
- Formulated with Trizone technology to protect all 3 critical zones: engine, clutch and gearbox
- Race derived technology for maximum engine acceleration
- Extreme high temperature air-cooled performance and water-cooled engine performance
- Excellent shear stability to prevent viscosity breakdown
- Exceeds API SL and JASO MA-2
- Optimal lubrication in all operating conditions, ensures low oil consumption
- Very high shear and ageing stability, highest levels of wear protection
- Tested and approved for catalytic converters, optimal engine cleanliness
- Ideally suited for wet clutches
- Specifications and Approvals: API, SM, ACEA A3-04, JASO, MA2
- For best performance, follow the manufacturer's recommendations in your vehicle owner’s manual.
- 100% Synthetic Ester
- Formulated To Meet The Latest Manufacturers' Specifications
- Improved High Temperature Deposit Protection And Sludge Control
- Ensures Optimum Clutch Performance At Start-Up, Acceleration, And Full Speed
- Part number: 30-179128
- Fit type: Vehicle Specific
- Package Weight: 8.0 pounds
- Package Dimensions: 28.956 L x 12.192 H x 22.098 W (centimeters)
- Please see Product Description regarding the California Proposition 65 Warning
- High performance Full synthetic oil utilizing the latest lubrication technology. Made in Germany.
- Excellent engine protection in all conditions including extreme high stress racing conditions
- Excellent cold start lubrication. Low oil evaporation tendency. Suitable for motorcycles with catalytic converters
- PERFORMANCE - Full synthetic formula with excellent film strength to resist shear and oxidation for maximum fluid life
- PROTECTION – Additives protect against corrosion of internal engine components and provides overall engine wear protection in high heat conditions
- PEACE OF MIND - Easy starting and instant cold flow engine protection in low temperatures
- HARSH CONDITIONS – Optimizes clutch performance even in wet clutch applications
- FITS EVERYTHING – Meets or exceeds all major powersports vehicle manufacturer’s warranty requirements
- Full Synthetic Formula Helps Maximize Power And Acceleration
- Formulated To Provide Outstanding Wet Clutch Protection For Maximum Power Transfer And Smooth Shifting
- Added Protection Against Harmful Deposits That Can Decrease Engine Performance
- Excellent Wear And Corrosion Protection To Help Keep The Engine Performing Its Best
Last update on 2022-08-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.