NHTSA Campaign Number: 18V830
Manufacturer BMW of North America, LLC
Components ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING
Potential Number of Units Affected 1
Engine Connecting Rods may Loosen
Loose engine connecting rods can damage the engine, causing a loss of engine power, increasing the risk of a crash.
BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling one 2019 F850GS motorcycle. The engine connecting rods may not have been installed properly, possibly causing them to become loose and disconnect over time.
The motorcycle has not yet been sold, and the dealer will replace the engine, free of charge, prior to sale. The recall is expected begin in December 2018. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Check if your BMW Motorcycle has a Recall
Service Information No. 0000112500
December 3, 2018
Latest Recalls Documents
- Formulated with Trizone technology to protect all 3 critical zones: engine, clutch and gearbox
- Race derived technology for maximum engine acceleration
- Extreme high temperature air-cooled performance and water-cooled engine performance
- Excellent shear stability to prevent viscosity breakdown
- Exceeds API SL and JASO MA-2
- Optimal lubrication in all operating conditions, ensures low oil consumption
- Very high shear and ageing stability, highest levels of wear protection
- Tested and approved for catalytic converters, optimal engine cleanliness
- Ideally suited for wet clutches
- Specifications and Approvals: API, SM, ACEA A3-04, JASO, MA2
- 100% Synthetic Ester
- Formulated To Meet The Latest Manufacturers' Specifications
- Improved High Temperature Deposit Protection And Sludge Control
- Ensures Optimum Clutch Performance At Start-Up, Acceleration, And Full Speed
- Standards: Ape Sn, Jasso Ma2
- Please see Product Description regarding the California Proposition 65 Warning
- High performance Full synthetic oil utilizing the latest lubrication technology. Made in Germany.
- Excellent engine protection in all conditions including extreme high stress racing conditions
- Excellent cold start lubrication. Low oil evaporation tendency. Suitable for motorcycles with catalytic converters
- Part number: 30-179128
- Fit type: Vehicle Specific
- Package Weight: 8.0 pounds
- Package Dimensions: 28.956 L x 12.192 H x 22.098 W (centimeters)
- ANTI-FRICTION FORMULATION is specially designed for the extreme temperatures and high RPMs of 4-stroke motorcycles
- FULL SYNTHETIC FORMULA MAXIMIZES POWER AND ACCELERATION with advanced additives engineered to outperform
- OUTSTANDING WET CLUTCH PROTECTION FOR SMOOTH SHIFTING and maximum performance
- PROTECTS AGAINST HARMFUL DEPOSITS & SLUDGE that may reduce oil flow and rob your engine of power and efficiency
- RESISTS RUST, CORROSION AND WEAR caused by acids and condensation
- XPS synthetic 4-stroke oil is specifically engineered to meet the particular lubrication requirements of Can-Am, Spyder and Sea-Doo vehicles equipped with Rotax 4-TEC 4-stroke engines.
- Powersport formula with premium anti-wear and anti-corrosion additives
- Designed for high-performance off-road, on-road and PWC 4-stroke engines, including turbo or supercharged Powersports engines
- Provides superior engine and transmission protection against rust and corrosion even in extreme conditions
- Ambient temperature operating range: -31°F / 104°F (-35°C / 40°C)
- Full synthetic 5W-40 diesel engine oil with Triple Protection Plus technology protects against wear, deposits, oil breakdown, and improves low-temperature flow
- Exceptional wear protection for longer life in a wide range of heavy-duty engine applications — from pickup trucks to tractors to semi rigs
- Enhanced fuel economy capability of 1.5 percent without compromising engine protection or durability (compared to 15W-40 oils)
- Multi-functional dispersant additives provide an enhanced level of protection against the effects of soot, dirt, and other contaminants (compared to previous formulation)
- Increased shear stability for better viscosity control and optimal engine oil pressure
Last update on 2023-05-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.