NHTSA Campaign Number: 18V248
Manufacturer BMW of North America, LLC
Components ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING
Potential Number of Units Affected 47,806
Electric Auxiliary Water Pump Failure
If the circuit board were to overheat, it can increase the risk of a fire.
BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2011-2012 BMW 550i, 550i xDrive, 550i Gran Turismo, 550i Gran Turismo xDrive, 750i, 750Li, 750i xDrive, 750Li xDrive, 760Li, X5 xDrive50i, X5 M, X6 xDrive50i, X6 M, ActiveHybrid7, MINI Cooper S Convertible, John Cooper Works (JCW) Convertible, Cooper S Countryman, Cooper S Countryman ALL4, Cooper S, JCW, Cooper S Clubman, JCW Clubman, Cooper S Roadster, JCW Roadster, Cooper S Coupe, JCW Coupe and Rolls-Royce Ghost, 2011 BMW X6 Hybrid and 2012 BMW 650i Coupe, 650i xDrive Coupe, 650i Convertible and 650i xDrive Convertible vehicles. The electric auxiliary water pump may fail and cause the circuit board to overheat.
BMW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the electric auxiliary water pump, free of charge. Depending on the model, there are currently limited parts available, however not all parts are available at this time. Owners will be notified of the recall beginning June 11, 2018, and will receive a second notification when remedy parts become available. Owners may contact BMW customer service at BMW 1-800-525-7417, MINI at 1-866-825-1525, or Rolls-Royce at 1-877-877-3735. Note: BMW recommends that owners park their vehicle outdoors until the recall remedy has been performed.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
|Dealer Principal||General Manager||Sales Manager||Service Manager||Parts Manager||Marketing||Finance|
|Date: June 7, 2018
Bulletin #: A 04 2018 16
|Source: Aftersales Name:
Ghost (RR4) Auxiliary Water Pump – Recall
A number of M/Y 2010-2012 Rolls-Royce Ghost (RR4) vehicles have been identified as having a potential problem with the auxiliary water pump. Under certain conditions an electro migration can occur within the auxiliary water pump’s electronic circuit board which could lead to a malfunction.
If the pump’s electronic circuit board malfunctions, it can overheat. In an extreme case, overheating of the circuit board can lead to smoldering of the water pump. It cannot be excluded that this may also lead to an engine compartment or vehicle fire.
Dealers should check for vehicles which are subject to this Technical Campaign using ISPA (Integrated Service Processes Application) or S-Gate.
In all instances follow ISTA/D repair instructions: 11 53 000 ‘’Removing and installing/replacing auxiliary water pump for exhaust turbocharger (N74R)’’
Date: June 7, 2018
Bulletin #: A 06 2018 06
Ghost (RR4) Auxiliary Water Pump – Recall
Date: April 20, 2018
Bulletin #: A 04 2018 16
Ghost (RR4) Delivery Stop Notification / Safety Recall Notification 18V-XXX
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL – Remedy Available
This notice applies to your vehicle,
Recall Campaign No. 18V-248: Electric Auxiliary Coolant Pump
May 3, 2018
Latest Recalls Documents
- 1 GALLON ENGINE ANTIFREEZE/COOLANT: Fully compatible with other extended life antifreeze/coolants. This item contains a bittering agent called Denatonium Benzoate.
- PROTECTS: Advanced formulation prevents rust & corrosion protecting all cooling system components
- DESIGNED FOR EUROPEAN VEHICLES: Recommended for use with BMW, Jaguar, Volvo, and other European vehicles that require a BLUE Silicate-Enhanced Hybrid Organic Acid Technology (Si-HOAT) formula
- GUARANTEED: When installed as part of a complete flush and fill, PEAK guarantees this coolant will provide service life protection of up to 150,000 miles or 5 years.
- 50/50 PREDILUTED FOR QUICK TOP OFFS: Already prediluted to make topping off your cooling system a breeze
- [Vehicle Fitment]: Compatible with BMW 525i (E61) 2004-2005 2.5L // 525i/525xi (E60) 2006-2007 3.0L // 528i 2008-2010, 528xi 2008, (E60) 3.0L // 530i (E60) 2004-2007, 530xi (E60/E61) 2006-2007, 3.0L // 535i 2008-2010, 535i xDrive 2009-2010, (E60,E61) 3.0L // 535xi 2008 3.0L // 545i (E60) 2004-2005 4.4L // 550i (E60) 2006-2010 4.8L // 550i GT (E61) 2010 4.4L // 645Ci 2004-2005 4.4L 63,E64) // 650i 2006-2010 4.8L (E63,E64)
- [Reference Number]: 17137542986, 17137519219, 17137652986, 603-351, 603351, 376789731, 7542986, CRT205000S, EPK0128, FRT1915C, FRT1906C, Z49011
- [Specifications]: ① Pressurized: Yes; ② Max Pressure Rating (Cap): 22 PSI; ③ Type (Cap): Spring Loaded Twist; ④ Number of Mounting Hole: 1; ⑤ Cap and Sensor Included: Yes
- [Functions]: Using stable and outstanding PA plastic materials can withstand excessive heat and vibration. Helping to reduce oil dilution, cylinder bore wear, fuel consumption, exhaust emission, and improving efficiency of the heating system.
- [Customer Support]: A-Premium expension tank comes with a 1-Year Unlimited-Mileage Warranty; Being brand-new and sturdy, this expension tank is the ideal choice for direct replacement. We extremely value your satisfaction and strive to provide you good shopping experience.
- High performance
- CONTAINS ALUGARD PLUS FOR COMPATIBLITY WITH ALL ETHYLNE GLYCOL-BASED COOLANTS in automobiles and light duty trucks.Fit Type: Universal
- FIGHTS CORROSION, SCALING AND RUST while protecting all cooling system metals (including aluminum)
- HIGH-QUALITY ADDITIVES PROTECT AGAINST LEAKS and won’t harm gaskets, hoses, plastics or original vehicle finish
- PRE-MIXED YELLOW FORMULA IS READY-TO-USE in a 50/50 ratio with deionized water to protect all modern engine components from winter freezing (-34F) and summer boiling (265F).
- To use it in all makes and models designed to use ASTM D3306
- 【Compatible】This Water Hose Fitting Fits 3.0L Twin-Turbo N54 (3.0-Litre Twin Turbo) Motors 335i, 335xi, 135i and the N53 (3.0-Litre Non-Turbo) 2006 - 2010 325i, 330i, 525i, 525xi, 528i, 528xi, 530i, 530xi and the N20 (2.0-Litre Turbo) Z4 2013-, and the N52 X3.This Fitting also Suitable for N55 Motors.Please Refer to the Detailed Description or Use the Adaptation Table.
- 【Replaces#】11537541992, 11537544638.Please Check the OEM Part Number and Make Sure Your Part Number Matches this Part Number Before Buying!
- 【Function】Upgraded Water Hose Fitting is Made from High Strength Aluminum,Grade 6061 T6511,Durable and Wear-Resistant.
- 【Premium Quality】100% Brand New.Made of High Quality Material. Tested & Certified to Meet or Exceed OEM Quality Standards.All Products are 100% Tested Before Leaving the Factory.
- 【12-Month Warranty】The Automatic Transmission Filter come with 12 Months Warranty. Hassle-free Return and Refund Policy. Please Buy it with Your Confidence.
- [Vehicle Fitment]: Compatible with BMW (E46 Sseries) 320i 2001-2005 2.2L // 323Ci 2000 2.5L // 323i 1999-2000 2.5L // 325Ci 2001-2006 2.5L // 325i 325xi 2001-2005 2.5L // 328Ci 2000 2.8L // 328i 1999-2000 2.8L // 330Ci 2001-2006 3.0L // 330i 330xi 2001-2005 3.0L // (E83 E53 Series) X3 2004-2010 2.5L/3.0L // X5 2001-2006 3.0L
- [Reference Number]: 603-535, 17137787039, 17111436413, 17117573781, 17132247553,EPK0018, EPT0018, FRT1901C, S49002
- [Specifications]: ①Pressurized: Yes ②(Cap)Maximum Pressure Rating: 30PSI ③(Cap)Type: Spring Loaded Twist ④Materials: (PA)Plastic ⑤Mounting Hole Quantity: 1 ⑥Product Contents: (1) Cap & (1) Sensor &  Clamp
- [Functions]: Using stable and outstanding (PA) plastic materials can withstand excessive heat and vibration. Helping to reduce oil dilution, cylinder bore wear, fuel consumption, exhaust emission, and improving efficiency of the heating system.
- [Customer Support]: 1 Year Unlimited-mileage Quality Guarantee; With brand-new and being sturdy and, this Coolant Reservoir is the ideal replacement. We extremely value your satisfaction and strive to provide you good shopping experience.
Last update on 2023-05-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.